Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Enigma »

Firstly Eavesdropper is crap and I already mentioned why.

On reading you in ISO.
Your bread crumb trail is obvious. It doesn't take a genius to to guess what you have now.

Now I'm just trying to debate whether is the a ploy or you are actually so naive.
No insult intended for lack of a better word.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Aurous wrote:I'd also argue that "no explanations" is just the way that Faraday plays. It's irritating, but it does look to at least be consistent:
That is no excuse. Don't have enough time now but remind me to look at faraday's meta to see if he provides explaination in other games.

Anyway I really want to her from PZ now about what he thinks of the players and the game so far and an explaination about his Spyre vote.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Enigma »

No Faraday's meta is consistent (to a degree) with his other games. Checked before.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Zhero »

Enigma wrote:Faraday's reasoning? You mean #146-#150? Obvious? What am I missing out in those posts that you are seeing?
I didn't mean his reasoning was clearly stated, just that it was obvious. His explanation in #166 matches up with where I thought he was going with that.
Enigma wrote:Stop bread crumbing your role.
Agreed.
-Zhero
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Andrius »

Goddammit I crumb without even realizing it. Just like HP Mafia. :igemou:
NO MORE TALKING ABOUT IT. BACK ON TASK.

Also, I definitely think Eavesdropper is useful, especially late-game/DEFCON 1. Unless the scum are 100% prepared for EVERYTHING that happens then there's no way they'll go through wihtout DayTalk.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Percy »

So now Elscouta is arguing that "classic" and "not well known" can be the same thing to defend himself against the backpedalling/inconsistency/meta-abuse charge. Did I fall down the rabbit hole and not notice?
He seemed to be backing down from the point:
Elscouta 183 wrote:Anyway, I want to say now that i'm voting Faraday for a lot more than just his "blah is town". His defense based on "everything you say is crap, go away" is not suiting me at all.
"It's not what I said before, it's that he's being
mean to me
".
Hhis defence against my attacks involves supporting the utility of the tell. Either it's good or it isn't, and this seems like a half-hearted attempt to deflect attention from it.
Elscouta 196 wrote:The move is classic, but it's not well known as a tell. Look, there is even people arguing it's not...
:blinks: Oh wow, are you serious?
The fact that people think the tell is bullshit is evidence that it's classic?!
Give me a link to where you've seen this tell used to catch scum, plzkthx.

On the "is knowing the rules possible evidence you're scum" - I think I know the rules back to front, but that's because I'm anal like that. Errors in understanding are regrettable, but entirely possible from scum or town. I think ignorance is a really bad towntell, now that I've thought about it some more....

Something about the Zhero/Enigma interaction is bothering me. Check out Zhero's ISO - the person he talks to the most, and is voting for, is Enigma, but it doesn't seem like a scumhunting effort; lots of clarification and agreement... Zhero's currently my #2.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Percy, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Unvote, Vote: Els
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Percy wrote:So now Elscouta is arguing that "classic" and "not well known" can be the same thing to defend himself against the backpedalling/inconsistency/meta-abuse charge. Did I fall down the rabbit hole and not notice?
Nice misrep. I didn't say they were the same thing, but that they were not incompatible : a classic
move
for scum can be not that well known to town.
Percy wrote:He seemed to be backing down from the point:
Elscouta 183 wrote:Anyway, I want to say now that i'm voting Faraday for a lot more than just his "blah is town". His defense based on "everything you say is crap, go away" is not suiting me at all.
"It's not what I said before, it's that he's being
mean to me
".
I don't see your point. I'm still voting Faraday for a combination of this tell and of random non-explained posts.
Percy wrote:
Elscouta 196 wrote:The move is classic, but it's not well known as a tell. Look, there is even people arguing it's not...
:blinks: Oh wow, are you serious?
The fact that people think the tell is bullshit is evidence that it's classic?!
No it's evidence that it is not well known. Read my posts, kthxbye.
Percy wrote:Give me a link to where you've seen this tell used to catch scum, plzkthx.
I will try.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Elscouta wrote:
Percy wrote:Give me a link to where you've seen this tell used to catch scum, plzkthx.
I will try.
Actually, no sorry, i won't wade through hundred of pages just to find one. I'll just point to the jeep tells wiki page :
Admitting someone is a townie without saying "IF" (+10) (mafia knows for sure who isn't mafia)
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Unvote

Elscouta, a classic move for scum can also be a classic move for town, hence it's not used as a tell.

And lol? You just refused to give some kind of past games explaining the tell but instead linked a wiki article that needs possible revision in defense of you being at L-1? I don't like this at all.

@Spyrex: Wtf was that?

@Enigma: 2 confirmed townies my ass. Andrius just didn't read the rules. It's very possible he could be scum who didn't talk about the missile silo/offensive/defensive thing in his QT because he thought it was obvious, hence why he would mention it in the thread. Faraday proved my own town theory wrong. Also, why are you looking at ISO's for breadcrumbing?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Hinduragi »

^EBWOP: Addon to the Enigma part: On supposedly
confirmed
townies, no less.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Elscouta »

Hinduragi wrote:
Unvote

Elscouta, a classic move for scum can also be a classic move for town, hence it's not used as a tell.

And lol? You just refused to give some kind of past games explaining the tell but instead linked a wiki article that needs possible revision in defense of you being at L-1? I don't like this at all.
And what am I supposed to do?

Explain why it is a tell? I already did.
Wade through 200+ pages of mafia to find one? I have other things to do of my time.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Tell me when this makes sense. Being scum doesn't give you some cosmic understanding of all game mechanics.
You honestlycan't work out why I'd believe that? I find it very hard to believe scum wouldn't have discussed their picks pre-game, assuming competent scum, and given the playerlist there's probably 1 competent scum. Thus they'd have set Andrisu straight.
Kewl no reasoning. I must say you make a very convincing argument.
So? Do you agree or disagree with Elscumta?
Also @Faraday- You missed my question. What is your reasoning behind the Enigma vote/elscou FoS?
I think they're both prob scum. Idk if I fos'd anyone though, I never do that. Elscouta was originally gut but the hole's been dug as we've went on, so to speak
Anyway throwing out town reads is scummy. Think about this:

scum saying scum is town- Allows them to buddy up
scum saying town is town- If the townie gets lynched it makes the scum look more like town whereas if the scum gets lynched then the townie looks more scummy
town saying scum/town is town- Tells the scum who to kill :D
But like...none of this is actually true. Why would scum want to buddy when so many people see buddying and go OMG SCUMMY. Point 2 is not true, there's no arguing I don't look more town if Andrius flips town and I've never seen someone become more town for predicting a town flip in a game either. Point 3 is also not true, unless you think scum are retarded they'll be able to pick out obv townies themselves. It's not hard.

AH this computer's a piece of shit that can't copy/cut. Going to need to make a series of posts. UGH.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Faraday »

Enigma wrote:So it looks like we have done good, we have 2
confirmed
townies now, based on the fact that they failed to read the opening posts properly.
This is correct, glad you spotted it.

Also you completely ignored everything about the Elscouta banbdwagon. Do you've any thoughts on it at all?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Hinduragi wrote:@Enigma: 2 confirmed townies my ass. Andrius just didn't read the rules. It's very possible he could be scum who didn't talk about the missile silo/offensive/defensive thing in his QT because he thought it was obvious, hence why he would mention it in the thread. Faraday proved my own town theory wrong. Also, why are you looking at ISO's for breadcrumbing?
Sorry for answering something asked towards someone else but I could have sworn he said it was meant to be sarcastic.
Faraday wrote:I think they're both prob scum.
No shit. Why else why'd you be voting them? Stop avoiding the question and tell me why you really think Enigma is scummy.
Faraday wrote:So? Do you agree or disagree with Elscumta?
On that "This reasoning is crap. Go away." and providing no explaination is scummy. Yes. On his other points, not so much.

Unvote
Enigma is slowly fading out of my scumdar and I'm beginning to notice Faraday and Elscouta a lot more. Will reread later and make up my mind. I also really want to hear from PZ.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Faraday wrote:But like...none of this is actually true. Why would scum want to buddy when so many people see buddying and go OMG SCUMMY. Point 2 is not true, there's no arguing I don't look more town if Andrius flips town and I've never seen someone become more town for predicting a town flip in a game either. Point 3 is also not true, unless you think scum are retarded they'll be able to pick out obv townies themselves. It's not hard.
Point one- Buddying can help scum if they manage to pull it off correctly and don't overdo it.
Point two- I've seen it happen before.
Point three- I'm not saying scum make their decisions based on what townies say alone but it certainly can help. Besides, scum opinions and town opinions differ a lot.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:05 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[DEFCON Mafia - Day 1, DEFCON 3 - Announcement]

RedCoyote replaces Papa Zito, effective immediately. Please welcome him!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Enigma »

Maybe I should make my sarcasm alot more blunt.
Confirmed townie is BS. I'm not calling anyone confirmed unless it's stipulated by the mod. Confirmed status is what make town lose during LYLO. It's a fucking illusion and does more harm to town than good.

@Hind
I looked at his ISO to see if I could get a feel to see whether his breadcrumbing was sincere or not. I'm still no convinced on this matter. What's wrong with looking at someone's ISO? Is that supposedly scummy?

@Faraday
My opinions on Elscouta. Well based on my above reasoning, I do agree with him to some degree.
All this so called "blah is confirmed" when we have only had a few days of serious talk is making me uncomfortable. I've been waiting on this issue because I wanna see those if those people who are attacking him actually believe in their logic (which I disagree with), or are just looking for a bandwagon to jump on.
I'm not going to defend his argument because I want to see how he defends himself.

Just because one disagrees with another's logic doesn't mean the other is scum.
It is their logic and it is not for another to dictate the beliefs someone else holds.
There are better scum tells than just "I don't agree to this persons thoughts".
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 am

Post by SocioPath »

Hinduragi wrote:^EBWOP: Addon to the Enigma part: On supposedly
confirmed
townies, no less.
UNVOTE
VOTE: HINDURAGI

THIS IS GOOD.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Elscouta wrote:And what am I supposed to do?

Did you miss my #185 as well as the points everyone else had to add to the argument or are you just trying to be funny?

@Doombunny: Ahh, that explains it. I didn't see he meant it to be sarcastic.

@Enigma: I didn't see post #199 so I assumed you ISO'd him and searched for breadcrumbing.

Also, just lol @ Andrius. Forget bakeries, Andrius is the owner of Panera Bread. The secret's out.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Elscouta »

Hinduragi wrote:
Elscouta wrote:And what am I supposed to do?

Did you miss my #185 as well as the points everyone else had to add to the argument or are you just trying to be funny?
Yeah, I read them. I disagree. Now what? It's not as if i'll convince anyone that it is a tell, when it takes three months to settle a single meta dispute on any topic.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I so wanted to be in this game from the start, but I'm glad I got to replace in early. I'm actually in too many games at the moment, but this is easily the one I'm most interested in.

Unvote
in case big papa was voting. Just bear with me a little bit guys. I'm very much looking forward to playing with y'all, but I'm probably not going to really get going until Friday.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Elscouta »

After a reread, i would like to state that Hinduragi looks by a long way the most opportunistic of my voters. Actually, I consider him to outrank Faraday now. (Bonus point, for those that care : his #11)

Unvote, Vote: Hinduragi
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Hey Socio... You going to you know? Actually contribute something? Out of ten posts (Whereas most people have over double that and the only people with less posts are Percy and Spyre (Not counting Papa since he dropped off the face of the Earth)) only one was actually good (good defined as participating in discussion etc. etc.): #5. The rest just mainly being fluff. Also, out of the 3 posts he made in Defcon 3, two vere votes/votechanges with nothing more than a 3 or 4 word explanation (If I even want to call it that). Finally, he kept his RV on Spyre for an exceedingly long amount of time. guys, I think we have a scum here.

Vote: Socio

Also, welcome Red :D
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I just told you that post was the reason I was debating that calling someone non-mafia/town is not a scumtell with you and now you're voting me for it. You haven't even proven me wrong or tried to argue why either. I'm also not voting you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”