bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by bv310 »

Neglected this game out of laziness. Will be catching up tomorrow or the day after.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Prodded jimfinn and Jarti.

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 21st.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Ok, so MBF is Missingno, huh? That's an interesting choice.

As for my "directing" of Xite, how much could it benefit a scum to know one of four players who Xite will not kill? As far as I know, a mafia doctor is not exactly a very standard role? I'm just trying to co-ordinate the likely large number of town PRs into something resembling unified action.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Xite91 »

jimfinn wrote:Ok, so MBF is Missingno, huh? That's an interesting choice.

As for my "directing" of Xite, how much could it benefit a scum to know one of four players who Xite will not kill? As far as I know, a mafia doctor is not exactly a very standard role? I'm just trying to co-ordinate the likely large number of town PRs into something resembling unified action.
We're trying to keep everything somewhat ambiguous in case there are obscure roles, considering we already have some. Also, that list is actually too small, so really one less is a terrible idea
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Ok, I'll trust you on this one hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [thinks]
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Jim- quick note here- If scum can ensure that Xite doesnt plan to kill a scum (if xite has three people on the list, and all is town) then scum doesnt have to worry about rolelocking xite. Right now, your suggestion makes it sound like there's one scum on the list, and you're hoping to eliminate that scum from the list so you dont have to worry about rb-ing xite.
This is Klazam's old account.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Didn't think of it that way, but I see how that might be a useful thing for a roleblocker to do. In that case, Xite, do whatever the flood you please (pun completely intended)
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

The recent post by jimfinn strikes me wrongly. It feels false. More thoughts coming up.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by jimfinn »

I am playing with knowledge of what my role is, and have not paid adequate attention to what other possible roles I might have when making suggestions. However, given MBF's claim, I have a new plan and no longer need Xite to narrow his list in making me useful.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Jarti »

responding to prod, will follow up tomorrow
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

jimfinn, given your ominous statements about me, I feel it prudent to warn you that night-action paybacks can be a bitch.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Espeonage »

It may be prudent to say that town shouldn't put omgus or anything similar into bias when choosing night actions.
Don't @ me.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Jarti »

Espy what's you actual stance on jimfinn?
Espeonage wrote:I really want to lynch Nicol of only for his flip which could break the game open as we then have alot more info on gandalf and from that we could work some other shit out. That said I also don't want to lose an active potential townie.

So I will run with a jimfinn lynch.
(But you don't vote him.)
Espeonage wrote:Hmmm. Eh. I don't like this lynch so much. Prox was coming off as town earlier but I can't argue with the fact that early massclaim benefits scum just as much as town.

VOTE: Prox I'm not in a position to go against this lynch though.
Espeonage wrote:UNVOTE: Prox
Espeonage wrote:Well. I didn't really want a Prox lynch over others.
Okay cool, you didn't really want Prox lynched over 'others' but haven't actually thrown your vote to a jimfinn lynch who I assume falls under the 'others' since you said you'd run with his lynch.

I would still like to lynch jimfinn, he hasn't actually shown any desire to scumhunt this d2 as has been all set-up speculation. 'Oh mbf picked missingno...interesting.' and then later saying he has a 'new plan' based on the claim.

I could see espy/jim as partners.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Xite91 »

mikeburnfire wrote:jimfinn, given your ominous statements about me, I feel it prudent to warn you that night-action paybacks can be a bitch.
I lol'd... Anyway, I do need to know what changes or additions (more so additions) people want to make to my list.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Jarti »

Xite91 wrote:People I want to hit tonight;
Gandalf
Nicol
Esp
MBF
living players from OP wrote:jimfinn
NicolBolas
Espeonage
gandalf5166
Prox
bv310
Jarti
Xite91
Switz
mikeburnfire
living players not on your list wrote:jimfinn
Prox
bv310
Jarti
Xite91
Switz
living players not on your list or me/you lol wrote:jimfinn
Prox
bv310
Switz
Yeah well, if we don't lynch jimfinn today (which we should), put him on the list & switz.

Which would make it:
jimfinn
switz
Gandalf
Nicol
Esp
MBF

Assuming we lynch someone from that list, it would mean a pool of 5 players for you to choose to vig from out of a possible 8 targets from your perspective. So yeah, let's lynch from that list (cough jimfinn) & then you secretly cross off 1 person in your mind from the list, leaving it listed as 5 but actually decide between 4. I don't really understand why MBF is on it actually but I'd rather him be there than Prox (fine with the claim) or BV (he might be inactive but I like him due to a few specific posts of his ISO 11/12/16 look town).
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

Post by NicolBolas »

Jarti- what protown reason do you have for telling Xite to not condiser you?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Xite91 »

Jarti wrote:Which would make it:
jimfinn
switz
Gandalf
Nicol
Esp
MBF

Assuming we lynch someone from that list, it would mean a pool of 5 players for you to choose to vig from out of a possible 8 targets from your perspective. So yeah, let's lynch from that list (cough jimfinn) & then you secretly cross off 1 person in your mind from the list, leaving it listed as 5 but actually decide between 4. I don't really understand why MBF is on it actually but I'd rather him be there than Prox (fine with the claim) or BV (he might be inactive but I like him due to a few specific posts of his ISO 11/12/16 look town).
I agree with that list, and I will not tell you my reasons for MBF until later (if I hit him) also, that's 6
NicolBolas wrote:Jarti- what protown reason do you have for telling Xite to not condiser you?
Wow... this post is actually pretty scummy to me.
Okay, lets think this through.
No matter what she is, she needs to pretend she's town, right?
So, lets go basing off her being town.
Remember why self-voting is scummy? Same thing, really.
You are the only player who's alignment you know (unless you're scum of course, but basing with town)
Therefore, voting yourself (or making yourself a target for a vigkill) is attacking the only person you know to be town
Therefore, taking yourself of such a list is the most pro-town thing you can do.
Considering you're town, that is.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:52 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Xite, removing himself from the list because he knows he is town is like defending yourself from a lynch by saying "My Role PM says I'm town".
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:55 am

Post by NicolBolas »

Xite91 wrote:
NicolBolas wrote:Jarti- what protown reason do you have for telling Xite to not condiser you?
Wow... this post is actually pretty scummy to me.
Okay, lets think this through.
No matter what she is, she needs to pretend she's town, right?
So, lets go basing off her being town.
Remember why self-voting is scummy? Same thing, really.
You are the only player who's alignment you know (unless you're scum of course, but basing with town)
Therefore, voting yourself (or making yourself a target for a vigkill) is attacking the only person you know to be town
Therefore, taking yourself of such a list is the most pro-town thing you can do.
Considering you're town, that is.
Ah, i see. I understand now. I just was looking at the fact that Jarti made an effort to explictly mention it.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Xite91 »

gandalf5166 wrote:Xite, removing himself from the list because he knows he is town is like defending yourself from a lynch by saying "My Role PM says I'm town".
Not particularly. I asked for a list, she gave me her opinion on additions to the list, had her name already been on the list it would be different, and it would read a little more like what you're talking about, but would you put yourself on a list to be vigged? In this game, or in real life for that matter? It's a survival tactic, and I don't want to hear that you wouldn't do the same because it's an outright lie.
NicolBolas wrote:Ah, i see. I understand now. I just was looking at the fact that Jarti made an effort to explictly mention it.
But the fact that it was made with a "lol" also points out that that was going to be obvious (no matter what her alignment), remember she took me out at the same time, because I'm not going to target myself
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, I get it. *hides in a corner*
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

jarti wrote:I would still like to lynch jimfinn, he hasn't actually shown any desire to scumhunt this d2 as has been all set-up speculation. 'Oh mbf picked missingno...interesting.' and then later saying he has a 'new plan' based on the claim.

It wouldn't surprise me if two of [you/jim/espy] was scum, considering how little scumhunting I've seen thus far.
Xite wrote:I lol'd... Anyway, I do need to know what changes or additions (more so additions) people want to make to my list.
Obviously I would prefer not to be on it. If the kill were in my hands, I'd avoid Prox definitely, I'm near-certain he's nexus. If I had the kill, I'd go for Jarti, jimfinn, or espeonage. Maybe BV, since he's a wild card to me at this point. Of course, this is all assuming you don't get blocked again tonight coughgandalfcough.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Xite91 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
jarti wrote:I would still like to lynch jimfinn, he hasn't actually shown any desire to scumhunt this d2 as has been all set-up speculation. 'Oh mbf picked missingno...interesting.' and then later saying he has a 'new plan' based on the claim.

It wouldn't surprise me if two of [you/jim/espy] was scum, considering how little scumhunting I've seen thus far.
Xite wrote:I lol'd... Anyway, I do need to know what changes or additions (more so additions) people want to make to my list.
Obviously I would prefer not to be on it. If the kill were in my hands, I'd avoid Prox definitely, I'm near-certain he's nexus. If I had the kill, I'd go for Jarti, jimfinn, or espeonage. Maybe BV, since he's a wild card to me at this point. Of course, this is all assuming you don't get blocked again tonight coughgandalfcough.
well I figured the prox thing... maybe BV but probably not to be quite honest...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:58 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Why would I block Xite if I were scum? It would be incredibly obvious that I was scum, because there wouldn't be a second kill. Or at least, that would be what I would think, had I not managed to survive this long today. I'm actually incredibly surprised that I didn't get quick-lynched today.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Prox »

gandalf5166 wrote:Why would I block Xite if I were scum? It would be incredibly obvious that I was scum, because there wouldn't be a second kill. Or at least, that would be what I would think, had I not managed to survive this long today. I'm actually incredibly surprised that I didn't get quick-lynched today.
why would the lack of a second kill make you look scummy?
This time, I'll not care.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”