Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.05

boberz
(5): xvart, Parama, charter, Cogito Ergo Sum, Slaxx
Slaxx
(2): boberz, Lowell
Bub Bidderskins
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Cogito Ergo Sum
(1): Oso

Not Voting:
Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, Xine

boberz is at L-2

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Parama »

boberz wrote:
BubB wrote:So if it wasn't random, then what was your reason for voting Slaxx?
Are you actually reading Bub?

It was because he demonstrated indecision and fear by posting twice rather than once.
And for encouraging the anti-town RVS.
Lol, but those are terrible reasons.
Slaxx wrote:I already told you posting twice is just how I post, it has nothing to do so with fear, bur you refuse to even acknowledge this because you are so desperate to justify your vote.
Pretty much agree with this.
boberz wrote:
I already told you posting twice is just how I post, it has nothing to do so with fear, bur you refuse to even acknowledge this because you are so desperate to justify your vote.
I accept that, I only repeated the accusation because Bub asked me why I voted for you (before that explanation was given). I then criticised Bub for not reading properly.
You repeated the accusation which means you still believed it EVEN AFTER Slaxx had already given this explanation. And given the terrible reason behind your votes, it's no surprise Bub asked you if you were serious.
P.S. boberz's post here looks a lot like an appeal attempt.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum 74 wrote:*hops*

Unvote, vote: boberz
Opportunistic scum, much?
Before I give my response to this - At the time of posting, did you think boberz was scum or town? Be honest, please. It's important.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:Right now CES seems like scum. He's posted what, four times, and none of them have more than five or so words in them. It's sort of like he's saying "Hey guys, I'm in the game, but I don't want to say anything that would help the town."
And you haven't voted, at all.
Which helps the town more: A wall-o-text without a vote or a short post with a vote on scum?
DemonHybrid wrote:Oh, and I'm not leaving you at L-1.

Unvote

Still my top suspect, but I'd rather no one quickhammer. I gotta look over some things first.
Nobody will quickhammer. Honestly. I don't see why people are so paranoid over this. No sane townie quickhammers a player at L-1 24 hours into D1. Really, scum wouldn't do this either IMO. This just looks like an exucse to be off the wagon in case boberz flips town. Put your vote where your suspicions lie.
Oso wrote:
Parama
: Also an early flavor. Managed to garner 3 votes at one point but, as far as I can tell, they were no-reason RVS votes. The only bells ringing here, and they are not very loud ones, is his logging off CES's and Lowell's votes to bitterness over prior games.
Fun fact: I haven't been voted since I first posted in this thread. Yes, all votes on me were RVS votes. If you thought I was actually a valid wagon without even getting a post in, and THEN you argue that I'm bandwagon on to the "competing" wagon AFTER A HUGE WALL OF TEXT, you know what I think? I think you're trying too hard to press suspicion on me, and failing miserably at it.
FoS: Oso

Oso wrote:
Slaxx
: The person I will vote if my actual vote goes no where. Main reason is L-1 on a player he has made a zero case on. He doesn't even bother to borrow someone else's.
Oso wrote:
Unvote

VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum.

Here is why:
Then switches his vote to boberz after it looks as if the Parama wagon is going nowhere, making him 5th on that wagon but with no explanation. He did give a reason of sorts. Called it a *hop* . But gives no explanation for the *hop* . Even when asked for an explanation (by Bub I believe) he accuses Bub of being confused and still doesn't give an explanation. Just implies that the reason, a *hop*, somehow is all the justification that is needed.
What is the difference between this accusation and your accusation against Slaxx, and why CES's vote on boberz merit a vote when, in your own words, Slaxx did basically the same thing?

(P.S. - Slaxx didn't do the same thing as CES, but this is irrelevant to the question.)
boberz wrote:
Bub B wrote:Before I make my real post, however, the shower for me.
It was a long shower. In fact I think I have had three since this has been promised.
[/quote]
...he posted 19 minutes later.
It wasn't a very substantial post, but still...
Last edited by Nicodemus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Parama »

TAGFAIL. Goddammit. I could edit my own post but that would be against the rules so can you fix it for me, mod? There's an extra [quote="Oso"] tag in there after the CES vote. Dunno what happened there.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 am

Post by boberz »

Lol, but those are terrible reasons.
Yes but better than 'vote boberz cos it sounds like roberz' or other such random votes. It was purely a way to stop RVS before it started and create conversation.
You repeated the accusation which means you still believed it EVEN AFTER Slaxx had already given this explanation. And given the terrible reason behind your votes, it's no surprise Bub asked you if you were serious.
P.S. boberz's post here looks a lot like an appeal attempt
I never really believed it but it was necessary to pretend that I believed it. I repeated the accusation because he specifically asked me to.
It wasn't a very substantial post, but still...
This was my point exactly.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Oso »

@Parama.

Despite the quote fail :) I think I can sort out what you want.

The short version, I think there is a high likelihood one of them is scum. Slaxx for his L-1 on boberz with basically no stated reasoning other than "I agree with the possibilities set forth." and not even attempting to recap those possibilities or even add any thinking of his own.

CES for his hopping on whatever bandwagon (whether you agree with you being a legitimate wagon or not) looks like it might lead to a lynch.

Of the two CES action are the scummier by the reason of no reasoning at all, not even weak reasoning.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Face it, Oso, bandwagonning is awesome. Unless I have a good reason not to, I always put down the fifth vote on berz in that situation. Pressure, pressure, pressure.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

Post by charter »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
charter wrote:Because they don't have a contrived looking back and forth. Why am I supposed to think one of your scenarios instead of mine? It looks like you're trying to pull something out of thin air here. Why do both of your pairs have Boberz and not Slaxx? Do we have it wrong, and Slaxx is scum and Boberz is not? Else I don't see why you're complaining if I'm voting for Boberz, and he's in both the pairs you listed. Really not seeing the problem.
There was a distinct Boberz vs theme in the first two pages, and Slaxx, Parama, and DH were all participants. Slaxx vs Parama/DH didn't happen so those pairs don't make sense. I'm asking what distinguishes vs Slaxx from vs DH/Parama. If you are referring to the exchange near the beginning of the game, I don't agree it appears made up, but this is more a matter of opinion.
Ok, so to reiterate my other question, why are you complaining that I'm voting Boberz when he's in all the pairs you listed?

Lowell, what do you think of Boberz?

I think I'm gonna
unvote, vote Slaxx
since he's getting scummier with every post very quickly, while Boberz is just getting slightly scummier with his posts. Notable for Slaxx is his unvote of Bub for which I can find no reason while not going anywhere else with his questioning. Then putting Slaxx at L-1 with a terrible reason, but he tried to make it look like it was justified. This is pretty obvious scum here.

I have an opinion on the CES issue, but I'll wait until he posts again.

Weaponz, what do you think of Slaxx?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Slaxx »

Why is everyone saying I don't have a case on Boberz?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Slaxx »

MY unvote for Bub was implied in the post, though I don't expect you to pick that up, lol.

I was thinking WOMD and Boberz might both be scum, but WOMD chose to bandwagon my vote on Bub, which if I am right about WOMD/bobers makes bub prob town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

Boberz admits the that he realizes it is part of my meta to vote twice but refuses to unvote me, and thats the only reason he had to vote me in the first place. Now with thr growing bandwagon on me he FoSs Bub but doesnt change his vote. Wanna know why? Because I am the next biggest wagon.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

@xvart, is your av from The Wheel of Time?

I have slight town reads on CES, Lowell, and charter; CES because he's giving a very deliberate vibe from his bandwagon posts, Lowell because he comes into the topic and exudes confidence, and charter for asserting himself nicely when I brought up my thoughts on him.

On the scum side, I would agree that Slaxx lacks commitment to his posts, and defends a lot with meta.

Eats now, maybe more later.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Slaxx »

I don't defend a lot with Meta, its not meta, for the last time. Its just the way I type out my posts.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

Wow I am scatterbrained

"Part of my style to separate posts", not meta or vote twice
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:28 am

Post by charter »

Add "annoying" to my reason for wanting to lynch you.

As far as CES, I was misremembering who said they were suspicious of him, but his wagon targets look good to me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Slaxx »

You didn't have good reasons to start out with really. You accused me of echoing everyone else but then did the same in your post.

Also I love all the ad hom I am getting this game, it makes me feel like people don't have anything better to say in defense to my arguments. Thanks for stroking my ego <3
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 am

Post by charter »

Slaxx wrote:You didn't have good reasons to start out with really. You accused me of echoing everyone else but then did the same in your post.
Even though you didn't respond to the concerns people raised about you that I echoed (which are good reasons, just saying they're bad doesn't make it so), I'll humor you and give you a brand new one.

When called out for putting Boberz at L-1, instead of defending why you voted and put him at L-1, you deflect the questioning with "So you'd rather me vote Someone who hasn't talked but I don't think is scum?". Why didn't you answer the questions? You could have added your pointless comeback to the end of your explanation, so why didn't you explain?

Also, I wasn't misremembering with regards to CES, I was thinking it was Parama who was saying they found him scummy, but it was Bub, who I find scummy because he accuses CES of opportunistic voting, but doesn't mention Slaxx's vote. The double standard here is extreme.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

charter wrote:Ok, so to reiterate my other question, why are you complaining that I'm voting Boberz when he's in all the pairs you listed?
I don't think I ever complained about you voting Boberz.

@Slaxx, okay then, you're defending yourself by referencing the way you post. Not really an improvement.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Parama wrote:TAGFAIL. Goddammit. I could edit my own post but that would be against the rules so can you fix it for me, mod?
Fixed.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Parama wrote:
boberz wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum 74 wrote:*hops*

Unvote, vote: boberz
Opportunistic scum, much?
Before I give my response to this - At the time of posting, did you think boberz was scum or town? Be honest, please. It's important.

I thought he was town. If you look back at the real reason why the wagon on boberz was made, it was because of a difference of opinion on RVS, not real scum evidence. When the wagon got started, CES shamelessly hopped on without any reason whatsoever. When asked, he still wouldn't give an answer as to why. That kind of withholding of information is scummy.

Bub Bidderskins wrote:Right now CES seems like scum. He's posted what, four times, and none of them have more than five or so words in them. It's sort of like he's saying "Hey guys, I'm in the game, but I don't want to say anything that would help the town."
And you haven't voted, at all.
Which helps the town more: A wall-o-text without a vote or a short post with a vote on scum?

1) What makes Boberz scum?
2) Look at what you're posting.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Xine »

Recap:

Starting out with some back and forth between boberz and slaxx, then DH picked up for Slaxx in questioning boberz. Soon, Parma joins in the questioning of Boberz and Boberz finally loses patience and simply refuses to answer anymore, in his non-answer post, (post 36) he implies that at least 7 points, made by Parama, which I personally thought the response to would be appropriate, were just not even worth responding to. Parama, seems to not care. Boberz seems to be getting pretty tense by now. Every answer he gives creates more questions. He is contradicting himself heavily, and claiming that he is not doing so, in a rather defensive way.
For now, I see bob as pretty scummy, with one of Slaxx, Parama, or DH as his buddy, probably Parama, because he seems hyper defensive too.

Meanwhile, Slaxx, who started this trend, and is discussed heavily on the back and forth…btw, what was your reason that you demanded he place an early vote?….never actually voted boberz…then places a vote on someone else entirely. Charter also seems to notice Slaxx as the primary adversary to boberz, so much that he makes a probable scum pair out of it. WOMC does not like the pair he picked, and Slaxx takes that as evidence that two (WOMC and Charter) are not a scum team. Slaxx is definitely setting trends in this game, I will be watching him, and other people’s reactions to him carefully.

Boberz, do you really shower every 7 1/2 hours? Why do you get so defensive when people question your play style? Why are you so fixated on taking credit for ending the RVS?
Charter, do you still believe in your Slaxx/boberz theory?
Bub: was there any particular point you were trying to make with that last post?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Xine »

oh yeah, VOTE: Parama, just so it be in black and white
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Slaxx wrote:I already told you posting twice is just how I post, it has nothing to do so with fear, bur you refuse to even acknowledge this because you are so desperate to justify your vote.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Parama »

Your post starts as IIoA.
boberz responded to the parts of my post that need responding. He's still scum, though.
Point out 3 examples of me being defensive, please.
DH, me, and Slaxx are the first 2 to put pressure on boberz - so if you think he's scum, you think one of the original attackers is likely scummy?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the cases against boberz and the attacks on CES and Slaxx. You say you find boberz scummy without directly referencing any reasons against him, and the try to pair him up with the people who provided those reasons in the first place.
I do not understand your paragraph about Slaxx at all... seems like IIoA again except I see no point.
Your questions directed at boberz are total crap. 1st is irrelevant, 2nd is asking about meta, 3rd is irrelevant.
Question at charter is totally worthless - he posted recently and it seems to support his earlier belief.
Also, note that Bub bolded his responses to my questions inside the quote.

PREVIEW EDIT:
Oh this is comedy gold.
Xine wrote: For now, I see bob as pretty scummy, with one of Slaxx, Parama, or DH as his buddy, probably Parama, because he seems hyper defensive too.
Xine wrote:oh yeah, VOTE: Parama, just so it be in black and white
You think I'm scum if boberz is scum. You even express boberz as your #1 suspicion
At the same time, you vote me over boberz.

FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie
^it's a pretty awesome scumtell

And here we have another scum. I'd almost say Xine is more obvious that boberz.
HoS: Xine

Let's lynch boberz today, Xine tomorrow, and Weapons on D3. GG.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Parama »

Hmm, I've given 3 scum reads, now here's 3 town reads:
xvart, Lowell, charter - all probably town
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Parama »

inb4 OMG GIVING TOWN READS IS ANTI-TOWN

No, screw you. I'm playing this my way, deal with it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”