Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I agree with the Lowell town read, and actually think CES is probs town too. If Weapons and Boberz flip scum, I think Bubs is town too.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Parama »

This game is already over, since we've already caught all the scum. Now we just have to lynch them ok?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

After playing EM for a good while I feel I do well going with town reads as well, then using PoE to sniff out remaining mafia.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Slaxx »

O ok ^^
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Parama you make this game fun.

inb4 OMGZ BUDDYING
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Parama »

I am awesome incarnate, so that is not shocking.
I want everyone to give 3 scum reads and 3 town reads in their next post.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

And now the Parama confidence wagon is a-rollin'.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Xine »

Parama
Yes, assuming that bob is scum, I would think it not unlikely that one of the three original attackers would be his buddy, it’s called distancing, and a pretty common play.
The reason I voted you not him…I found a likely team, and put my vote on the one who is not hovering around L-1. I’m not ready to jump up on such an advanced wagon on my first post.
Here are your 3 examples you asked for
Parama wrote: Weapons, you assume I'm pushing on boberz with weak points yet you have admitted to not reading my post. Do you know what that makes me think? YOU'RE SCUM.
Parama wrote:Well rather you say the push on boberz is weak without reading the biggest post that argues for a boberz lynch. It's like you're completely ignoring the arguments, and for no good reason.
Parama wrote:Fun fact: I haven't been voted since I first posted in this thread. Yes, all votes on me were RVS votes. If you thought I was actually a valid wagon without even getting a post in, and THEN you argue that I'm bandwagon on to the "competing" wagon AFTER A HUGE WALL OF TEXT, you know what I think? I think you're trying too hard to press suspicion on me, and failing miserably at it. FoS: Oso
Thank you for pointing out his bolded responses… :shifty:
CES’s choice to wagon hop and speak little is an odd one, I don’t think it’s really a good play, but my experience is that it is quite possibly a null-tell. Boberz has triggered my scum-dar in many places, but specifically by being defensive and drawing extra attention to that of his play which he considers to be particularly pro-town, and you rushing to his defense by calling my questions stupid only increases my read that you are buddies
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Parama »

Xine wrote: Yes, assuming that bob is scum, I would think it not unlikely that one of the three original attackers would be his buddy, it’s called distancing, and a pretty common play.
I know this.
What are the benefits for scum to bus their buddy from the getgo? More than likely it's going to lead to a scum lynch D1, which is against the scum wincon.
Xine wrote:The reason I voted you not him…I found a likely team, and put my vote on the one who is not hovering around L-1. I’m not ready to jump up on such an advanced wagon on my first post.
If you think someone is scum, you should not be afraid to put them at L-1.
Parama wrote: Weapons, you assume I'm pushing on boberz with weak points yet you have admitted to not reading my post. Do you know what that makes me think? YOU'RE SCUM.
Not a defense. He admitted to not reading my post, and then is trying to make the argument that the case on boberz is weak. This has nothing to do with me personally.
Parama wrote:Well rather you say the push on boberz is weak without reading the biggest post that argues for a boberz lynch. It's like you're completely ignoring the arguments, and for no good reason.
[/quote]
This is a follow-up to the last post quoted, which also has nothing to do with me.
Parama wrote:Fun fact: I haven't been voted since I first posted in this thread. Yes, all votes on me were RVS votes. If you thought I was actually a valid wagon without even getting a post in, and THEN you argue that I'm bandwagon on to the "competing" wagon AFTER A HUGE WALL OF TEXT, you know what I think? I think you're trying too hard to press suspicion on me, and failing miserably at it. FoS: Oso
Okay, so this is a defense, but I'm also pointing out why Oso's logic is scummy.
Xine wrote:Boberz has triggered my scum-dar in many places, but specifically by being defensive and drawing extra attention to that of his play which he considers to be particularly pro-town, and you rushing to his defense by calling my questions stupid only increases my read that you are buddies
I'm "rushing to his defense" because your questions are crap and are not scumhunting at all? I am not defending him, I am attacking you. At the same time, boberz is #1 on my scum list and I am currently voting him. And you claim I am defending him?

Oh geez.
Anyways, you did not give the 3 scum/3 town list I requested, can you work on that?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.06

boberz
(4): xvart, Parama, Cogito Ergo Sum, Slaxx
Slaxx
(3): boberz, Lowell, charter
Bub Bidderskins
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Cogito Ergo Sum
(1): Oso
Parama
(1): Xine

Not Voting:
Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by charter »

Xine wrote:Charter, do you still believe in your Slaxx/boberz theory?
It's still in my head, but I'm not thinking it as much as I was before.

Parama, you don't think that Slaxx is scum?

Slaxx, still looking for the answers to
When called out for putting Boberz at L-1, instead of defending why you voted and put him at L-1, you deflect the questioning with "So you'd rather me vote Someone who hasn't talked but I don't think is scum?". Why didn't you answer the questions? You could have added your pointless comeback to the end of your explanation, so why didn't you explain?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Slaxx wrote:Why is everyone saying I don't have a case on Boberz?
What is your case on Boberz?
Parama 147 wrote:Your post starts as IIoA.
boberz responded to the parts of my post that need responding. He's still scum, though.
Point out 3 examples of me being defensive, please.
DH, me, and Slaxx are the first 2 to put pressure on boberz - so if you think he's scum, you think one of the original attackers is likely scummy?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the cases against boberz and the attacks on CES and Slaxx. You say you find boberz scummy without directly referencing any reasons against him, and the try to pair him up with the people who provided those reasons in the first place.
I do not understand your paragraph about Slaxx at all... seems like IIoA again except I see no point.
Your questions directed at boberz are total crap. 1st is irrelevant, 2nd is asking about meta, 3rd is irrelevant.
Question at charter is totally worthless - he posted recently and it seems to support his earlier belief.
Also, note that Bub bolded his responses to my questions inside the quote.

PREVIEW EDIT:
Oh this is comedy gold.
Xine wrote:
For now, I see bob as pretty scummy, with one of Slaxx, Parama, or DH as his buddy, probably Parama, because he seems hyper defensive too.
Xine wrote:
oh yeah, VOTE: Parama, just so it be in black and white
You think I'm scum if boberz is scum. You even express boberz as your #1 suspicion
At the same time, you vote me over boberz.

FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie
^it's a pretty awesome scumtell

And here we have another scum. I'd almost say Xine is more obvious that boberz. HoS: Xine
Let's lynch boberz today, Xine tomorrow, and Weapons on D3. GG
Massive OMGUS.
Parama 158 wrote:I'm "rushing to his defense" because your questions are crap and are not scumhunting at all? I am not defending him, I am attacking you. At the same time, boberz is #1 on my scum list and I am currently voting him. And you claim I am defending him?
Admitted OMUGUS
vote: Parama

When some one finally put a serious vote on you, the first thing you do is vote at them. How can you honestly think Xine is scum when he only posted twice before you voted for him? And it wasn't as if they were scummy posts, on the contrary, the only thing "scummy" about them was that in the second post he voted for you. That's a textbook definition of OMUGUS.
Last edited by Nicodemus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Arg! Tag fail! Mod could you please fix that? I'll give you a cookie...
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I already told you that he accepted my style of typing and yet did not let up on his vote on me. And I have posted that quote twice now. He seemed reluctant to switch of me even though he accepted my explanation. Later he even FoSs another person but does not switch to them. (I believe it was Bub). What about this isn't scummy dude?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

He doesn't want to let off my bandwagon even though he doesnt seem as concerned with me as he does others, is the short explanation. Can't make it simpler.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Snip.
Last edited by Nicodemus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Nic if you want you can delete one of those.

DELETE THE FIRST...NO, THE SECOND...:p idc

Basically the summed case on me is

1. I was scared to call out somebody to vote (Accusation is no longer in play, accuser accepted my explanation).
2. I put an L-1 vote with no explanation on a player
-I have explained my vote and did at the time
-Other people have BWed on the wagon too, but they arent catching nearly as much heat as I am
-L-1 isnt hammer, its undoable, only an idiot on either side would hammer
3. I am increasing scummier at a faster rate than bobberz ( We can credit charter for that extremely detailed and defendable position)
4. I am annoying (Once again, go Charter)
5. For unvoting Bub rapidly (I explained this one too...My FoS is boberz/WMOD [mainly by affiliation with my main FoS and his halfhearted vote on Bub when all this was going on, which if you think about it kind of makes Bub probable townie given these FoSs are correct].

Please ask me more.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:Arg! Tag fail! Mod could you please fix that? I'll give you a cookie...
Fixed. Where's my cookie?
Slaxx wrote:Nic if you want you can delete one of those.
Done.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by boberz »

Slaxx wrote:He doesn't want to let off my bandwagon even though he doesnt seem as concerned with me as he does others, is the short explanation. Can't make it simpler.
But I have unvoted, and voted Bub???

Are you reading or determined on my lynch.
Xine's attack was rubbish and fill of suspicion on me but without any new or original points.
Should be able to post later.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by charter »

charter wrote:Slaxx, still looking for the answers to
When called out for putting Boberz at L-1, instead of defending why you voted and put him at L-1, you deflect the questioning with "So you'd rather me vote Someone who hasn't talked but I don't think is scum?". Why didn't you answer the questions? You could have added your pointless comeback to the end of your explanation, so why didn't you explain?
This will probably be at the end of all my posts until Slaxx answers, or people wisen up and lynch him.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Parama »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Parama 147 wrote:Your post starts as IIoA.
boberz responded to the parts of my post that need responding. He's still scum, though.
Point out 3 examples of me being defensive, please.
DH, me, and Slaxx are the first 2 to put pressure on boberz - so if you think he's scum, you think one of the original attackers is likely scummy?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the cases against boberz and the attacks on CES and Slaxx. You say you find boberz scummy without directly referencing any reasons against him, and the try to pair him up with the people who provided those reasons in the first place.
I do not understand your paragraph about Slaxx at all... seems like IIoA again except I see no point.
Your questions directed at boberz are total crap. 1st is irrelevant, 2nd is asking about meta, 3rd is irrelevant.
Question at charter is totally worthless - he posted recently and it seems to support his earlier belief.
Also, note that Bub bolded his responses to my questions inside the quote.

PREVIEW EDIT:
Oh this is comedy gold.
Xine wrote:
For now, I see bob as pretty scummy, with one of Slaxx, Parama, or DH as his buddy, probably Parama, because he seems hyper defensive too.
Xine wrote:
oh yeah, VOTE: Parama, just so it be in black and white
You think I'm scum if boberz is scum. You even express boberz as your #1 suspicion
At the same time, you vote me over boberz.

FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie
^it's a pretty awesome scumtell

And here we have another scum. I'd almost say Xine is more obvious that boberz. HoS: Xine
Let's lynch boberz today, Xine tomorrow, and Weapons on D3. GG
Massive OMGUS.
Lol. You didn't even read my arguments, obviously.
If Xine thinks boberz is scum, and I'm just a "buddy", then why isn't he voting his #1 scumread? Because FoS: Scumbbudy, Vote: Townie.

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Parama 158 wrote:I'm "rushing to his defense" because your questions are crap and are not scumhunting at all? I am not defending him, I am attacking you. At the same time, boberz is #1 on my scum list and I am currently voting him. And you claim I am defending him?
Admitted OMUGUS
vote: Parama
I am attacking him, yes. I am not attacking him simply because he voted me, though. If you'd actually READ my posts, you'd know this.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:When some one finally put a serious vote on you, the first thing you do is vote at them. How can you honestly think Xine is scum when he only posted twice before you voted for him? And it wasn't as if they were scummy posts, on the contrary, the only thing "scummy" about them was that in the second post he voted for you. That's a textbook definition of OMUGUS.
1. Because the vote had terrible logic. Xine says boberz is his #1 scumpick, then proceeds not to vote him. P.S. I never voted Xine.
2. Well, for starters, FoS: Scumbbuddy, Vote: Townie. Note: boberz voted Slaxx with a "serious" vote after only two posts.
3. Yes, the first post was scummy. Very scummy. I already explained why.

I'm lol'ing so hard right now. Bub thinks I'm OMGUSing even though I broke down each and every scummy thing about Xine's two posts and showed how he was incredibly likely to be scum with boberz. Except Bub is also content to not even mention my arguments and simply dismiss it all as OMGUS. I think we have another scum here - sorry for calling you out earlier, Weapons :)
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Xine »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Face it, Oso, bandwagonning is awesome. Unless I have a good reason not to, I always put down the fifth vote on berz in that situation. Pressure, pressure, pressure.
Ok, so you like bandwaggons...how do you feel about hammers?
boberz wrote:
Lol, but those are terrible reasons.
Yes but better than 'vote boberz cos it sounds like roberz' or other such random votes. It was purely a way to stop RVS before it started and create conversation.
You repeated the accusation which means you still believed it EVEN AFTER Slaxx had already given this explanation. And given the terrible reason behind your votes, it's no surprise Bub asked you if you were serious.
P.S. boberz's post here looks a lot like an appeal attempt
I never really believed it but it was necessary to pretend that I believed it
. I repeated the accusation because he specifically asked me to.
It wasn't a very substantial post, but still...
This was my point exactly.
Why was it necessary?
Parama wrote:inb4 OMG GIVING TOWN READS IS ANTI-TOWN

No, screw you. I'm playing this my way, deal with it.
^
this is defensive, and nobody had even said anything, guilty conscience much?
"just his buddy"=scum, btw
and hey, can you point out where I said that Bob was my #1 suspect? 'cause I can't find it
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Parama »

Xine wrote:Boberz seems to be getting pretty tense by now. Every answer he gives creates more questions. He is contradicting himself heavily, and claiming that he is not doing so, in a rather defensive way.
For now,
I see bob as pretty scummy
, with one of Slaxx, Parama, or DH as his
buddy
, probably Parama, because he seems hyper defensive too.
This implies that you want to lynch boberz first and then one of the three you mentioned as his buddy, btw.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

Charter, what questions are you referring to?

I thought I have answered them like 4 times her. There is obviously a miscommunication. Be more specific. Give me the questions I didnt answer. All Lowell said was that I was attacking someone who was trying instead of lurkers. And I told him that I am pressuring someone I think is scum with the vote.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

So, yeah. I'm going to need to read over this and perhaps take some notes.

I'll be back with my thoughts. Sorry I didn't get to post late last night; could only post in some games and had to run everywhere like crazy.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”