Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Game Over)

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:22 am

Post by CSL »

Or...he must be lying about it.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Espeonage »

Seriously dude. It is obvious that he isn't pgo.
Don't @ me.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 am

Post by CSL »

Hmmm......

Esp hangs. Andrius shoots the shit out of Seraphim, while the doc, SSBF, protects me (since we're making town win)

Then, as I fulfil my wincon, we lynch AGM.

Andrius, does this sound good to you? Town wins anyways.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:28 am

Post by CSL »

I have things to do, so don't expect me to respond right away. Should be back in a half-hour or so.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Andrius »

CSL wrote:So, Esp today, then you kill Seraphim tonight. SSBF's protect goes somewhere depending on if Seraphim's PGO was one-shot. If it is, then SSBF protects me, then we lynch AGM, then, since there will be no kill if Anfrius is dead at the time, I fulfil my wincon Day 8, leaving only town.

If Seraphim's PGO is unlimited-shot, then SSBF protects Andrius as he slays Seraphim. Lynch AGM, no night kill, I fulfil wincon, leaving only town.
I agree with this plan, except the fact that we can't get a majority to lynch today unless Seraphim is actually not with Espeonage or we involve AGM in our plan.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Andrius wrote:Cannot be guaranteed.
Yes it can. If they kill, we eliminate them both and they lose.
Andrius wrote:Based on #3, scum have a perfect kill.
No they don't. If they kill SSBF, we lynch one and you shoot the other. They lose.
Andrius wrote:So why do we have to die to win in the cult? Why can't we all just join the cult and win while still alive?
Because the cult wins when it makes up the majority of living players, so some people would be excluded. By lynching cultists, we can ensure that EVERYBODY gets let into the cult before the majority hits.

My promise to CSL is that I won't kill him- and he can therein win- if he follows the town voting bloc. [/quote]
CSL, DO NOT GO WITH THEM. Listen to me. I am ensuring victory for EVERYONE with a plan that offers EVERYONE insurance. Andrius is ONLY getting victory for himself. Just look at the way he's playing - he's trying to find any way he can to power through to TOWN ONLY victory. If he actually cared about you, then he would just go along with MY plan, which gets EVERYONE victory. The fact that he won't do that proves that he WILL fuck you over if he gets the chance. It is crucial you understand this.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

EBWOP:
My promise to CSL is that I won't kill him- and he can therein win- if he follows the town voting bloc.
CSL, DO NOT GO WITH THEM. Listen to me. I am ensuring victory for EVERYONE with a plan that offers EVERYONE insurance. Andrius is ONLY getting victory for himself. Just look at the way he's playing - he's trying to find any way he can to power through to TOWN ONLY victory. If he actually cared about you, then he would just go along with MY plan, which gets EVERYONE victory. The fact that he won't do that proves that he WILL fuck you over if he gets the chance. It is crucial you understand this.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:10 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also, @Andrius -

Please tell me what doesn't work about my plan, exactly? IF SCUM TRY AND KILL YOU, THEY LOSE AND TOWN WINS. END OF STORY. THEY HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO DO THIS.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Andrius »

AGM wrote: Yes it can. If they kill, we eliminate them both and they lose.
No, because they kill then accept your invite. Unpunished.
AGM wrote:No they don't. If they kill SSBF, we lynch one and you shoot the other. They lose.
No. SSBF dies as town. I shoot them and they shoot me; crosskill, you're the only one left alive.
I'm starting to think you're a Serial-Killer/Survivor, as most of these plans involve you being last man standing.
AGM wrote: \Because the cult wins when it makes up the majority of living players, so some people would be excluded. By lynching cultists, we can ensure that EVERYBODY gets let into the cult before the majority hits.
So why don't we just recruit the mafioso first, then lynch them, so they die but win while the pure-blood townies all survive an win?
AGM wrote: CSL, DO NOT GO WITH THEM. Listen to me. I am ensuring victory for EVERYONE with a plan that offers EVERYONE insurance. Andrius is ONLY getting victory for himself. Just look at the way he's playing - he's trying to find any way he can to power through to TOWN ONLY victory. If he actually cared about you, then he would just go along with MY plan, which gets EVERYONE victory. The fact that he won't do that proves that he WILL fuck you over if he gets the chance. It is crucial you understand this.
Dude, AGM is confirmed 3rd party. We don't know what he can do. He could have some shenanigans left to play, so. I'm actually getting victory for SSBF and CSL too, as they are town and cooperate with town, so.
TOWN IS MY WINCON. THATS HOW I PLAY. I CARE BECAUSE HE CAN WIN WITH THE TOWN. MAFIA AND CULT CANNOT WIN WITH TOWN, THEREIN THEY ARE NOT WITH US.

I mean, I'd love to pull a town win out of this. But I'm not sure we'd be able to. Either we No Lynch and it becomes town bloc v. everyone else or we No Lynch and go for the massive cult win.

I think we should vote, just the bloc, because we have the choice. We decide whether this goes down as a blood-bath in hopes of a town bloc win or a massive cult win. But we need SSBF, so.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Andrius »

For the record, I would be willing to accept a massive cult win, assuming that the mafioso are the ones that are lynched.

However, I'd like to see if the town voting bloc would rather make a stand against the mafia and the cult first; to see if we'd rather go down with honor. Because we're abandoning UncertainKitten and any other townies who died in the name of the town if we agree to go cultist.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:39 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

However, I'd like to see if the town voting bloc would rather make a stand against the mafia and the cult first; to see if we'd rather go down with honor. Because we're abandoning UncertainKitten and any other townies who died in the name of the town if we agree to go cultist.
Case in point, CSL. This is why you don't join the town voting block. Andrius WILL screw you if he gets the chance.

Andrius, I'll respond to you later, but basically you are being really selfish and nobody should be listening to you. Everybody wants to win here, and there's no reason that can't happen if we just do it my way.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Andrius »

LIKE I SAID, AGM. I'm willing to win with the cult, but let it be known I'm not exactly too trusting of AGM, given that he hasn't actually had a cultist yet, so. :igmeou:

I'd like to hear from SSBF though.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

No, because they kill then accept your invite. Unpunished.
No, if they kill, we lynch them.
No. SSBF dies as town. I shoot them and they shoot me; crosskill, you're the only one left alive.
I'm starting to think you're a Serial-Killer/Survivor, as most of these plans involve you being last man standing.
If everybody dies, I lose too, because there's nobody in my cult. That's why I revealed myself as the leader - because I NEED people to join in order for me to win. If I could had make it to the end, why wouldn't I have just put it on cruise control with my God claim?

Also, about the survivor thing: I flat out TOLD you I was the one who sent you the cult invite. YOU GOT THE INVITE. Nobody else could have possibly send that. Stop with the conspiracy theories.I am being 100% straight with you. Do you really think I would have gone through all the trouble of claiming CULT LEADER if I thought there were any other way?

THIS IS THE POINT OF THE WHOLE PLAN ENTIRELY. It's like Mutually Assured Destruction from nuclear war. If anybody deviates from the plan, we ALL lose. If everybody stays the course, we all win. Thus, it's the best plan because it's the only one that offers every single person foolproof insurance that they won't be screwed. All of your plans involve trusting you, which is a bad idea.
So why don't we just recruit the mafioso first, then lynch them, so they die but win while the pure-blood townies all survive an win?
I have already stated that Seraphim would be the first to be converted. So yes, I agree to this. The townies still need to become cultists at some point, though.
Dude, AGM is confirmed 3rd party. We don't know what he can do. He could have some shenanigans left to play, so. I'm actually getting victory for SSBF and CSL too, as they are town and cooperate with town, so.
CSL ISN'T FUCKING TOWN. HE'S THIRD PARTY. HE HAS NO REASON TO CO-OP WITH YOU WHATSOEVER. AND HE NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT. EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF YOUR PLAY HAS BEEN DEVOTED TO FINDING A WAY TO SCREW OVER THE MAFIA AND MYSELF. WHY THE HELL WOULD CSL MAGICALLY BE AN EXCEPTION TO THIS. YOUR ATE DOES NOT FLY AND IF CSL BUYS IT HE IS EXTREMELY FOOLISH. HE SHOULD BE SIDING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT CAN ACTUALLY ENSURE HIM VICTORY WITH A FAILSAFE PLAN: ME. UNLIKE YOUR PLAN, WHERE IT'S ALL BASED ON TRUST THAT YOU HAVE NOT EARNED.
TOWN IS MY WINCON. THATS HOW I PLAY. I CARE BECAUSE HE CAN WIN WITH THE TOWN. MAFIA AND CULT CANNOT WIN WITH TOWN, THEREIN THEY ARE NOT WITH US.
SEE CSL? SEEEEEEEE?

YOU ARE SO FUCKED IF YOU SIDE WITH ANDRIUS.
I mean, I'd love to pull a town win out of this. But I'm not sure we'd be able to. Either we No Lynch and it becomes town bloc v. everyone else or we No Lynch and go for the massive cult win.
The "town" is a social construction. There are only individual players with individual victories. This concept is hard to grasp because it usually doesn't happen in mafia, but in this game, it's relevant. You are an individual on this site before you are a player in this game. You should be valuing the need to WIN before the need to win with the town.

And if you're willing to win with the cult, then why don't you just GO ALONG WITH THE PLAN instead of trying to weasel your way out of it at every opportunity? If I were an onlooker to this game, I would be WAY more wary of you trying to sneak in a town victory than I would of me trying to pull some shenanigans. All my cards are clearly on the table. You are the only one left who keeps avoiding the E'ERYBODY WINS.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ALSO ANDRIUS.

I JUST REALIZED. YOU DONT' EVEN HAVE A FUCKIN CHOICE. THAT'S WHY YOU ARE BEING SO DAMN DESPERATE WITH THE ATE.

'CAUSE WITHOUT ME, TOWN LOSES. HERE'S HOW:

1) We no-lynch.
2) You shoot Seraphim/Esp. They shoot you back.
3) Espeonage copies Seraphim's nightkill ability.
4) We no lynch again because you fucked me over by refusing to go with the plan and so I'll fuckin fuck you over and not agree to lynch Esp, BITCH.
4) Esp kills SSBF.

OH SHIT, TOWN LOSES.

HOW DOES THAT SOUND, HMMMMMM?

MY PLAN SOUNDING A LOT BETTER NOW, AMIRITE?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Andrius »

AGM wrote: CSL ISN'T FUCKING TOWN. HE'S THIRD PARTY. HE HAS NO REASON TO CO-OP WITH YOU WHATSOEVER. AND HE NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT. EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF YOUR PLAY HAS BEEN DEVOTED TO FINDING A WAY TO SCREW OVER THE MAFIA AND MYSELF. WHY THE HELL WOULD CSL MAGICALLY BE AN EXCEPTION TO THIS. YOUR ATE DOES NOT FLY AND IF CSL BUYS IT HE IS EXTREMELY FOOLISH. HE SHOULD BE SIDING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT CAN ACTUALLY ENSURE HIM VICTORY WITH A FAILSAFE PLAN: ME. UNLIKE YOUR PLAN, WHERE IT'S ALL BASED ON TRUST THAT YOU HAVE NOT EARNED.
He would follow me because otherwise I kill him and he loses.

Fine. Unless SSBF has major objections we'll do this as a cult.

D6) No lynch.
N6) AGM recruits Seraphim.
D7) Seraphim is lynched, regardless of alignment.
N7) AGM recruits Espeonage.
D8) Espeonage is lynched regardless of alignment.

CSL wins if 4 shenanigans happen before his death. If he needs to die after 4 shenanigans I'll kill him. If not he leaves the game or is recruited.

WAIT. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS WITH 4 PEOPLE? SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE LEFT OUT. CSL CANNOT DIE OR LEAVE THE GAME UNTIL WE ARE READY.
AGM RECRUITS ME AND SSBF OVER N8 AND N9. CSL IS FINALLY LYNCHED AND WE ALL WIN.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hold on, hold on, here comes Seraphim.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Time to dispense with the formalities. First of all, I never had a post restriction. Well, when I couldn't say "the", that was the truth. Espeonage, you suck. You just had to fucking claim scum when you know, all we had to do was secure the no lynch today. I know you've been trying to lie, trying to cover our collective asses but it's not going to work and you fucked over big time.

Second of all, I refuse to buy into any cult plan for a very, very good reason.

I'm a cult recruiter...kinda. I chose Lucifer, Prince of Darkness as my role. I chose Mafia as my alignment. But I was the ONLY mafia at the beginning of the game. So, I can forcibly recruit people. My win condition is to defeat God by having a majority of recruits and beating God. I learned God was AGM at the beginning of the game. God cannot be recruited by me or killed by me but in return, God can't kill me either without "attacking hell itself and suffering my wraith". I took this to mean I was PGO against God.

It's true that I have the "remorselessly terminated" kill. I don't know who did the "shot in the head" kill on N1 unfortunately but it sure as hell wasn't me. On N1 and N2, I recruited MoI and Espeonage, respectively. I decided that some kills needed to be dished out, that two scums would be enough. Now I wish I had recruited Andrius or something. Most abilities are kept during conversion. Espeonage is a rolecop for example but he can't carry out the kill. His initial roleclaim of Patronous was true though his rolename became "Baal" when I recruited him.

Basically, I have one recruit and AGM has zero, zippo. Let's run the cult plan...except we lynch AGM instead of me. I can't win while he's alive. I can recruit everyone to the Mafia except him, then we win.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Andrius »

The "shot in the head" kill N1 wasn't me either.

Hrm... me in the mafia would end this game hella' fast. XD Hrm. This kinda' sucks though. I feel like the town is screwed, and I have to choose a side.
WAIT. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE: A COMEDY OF WHIMS. THIS IS GENIOUS. XD

Unvote
If I was voting at all.

I'm going to think on this for a couple minutes, while I do some research for a Mini Theme game...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Andrius »

So. Seraphim. Can I apply for membership in this mafia/cult dealio? :twisted:
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 am

Post by CSL »

Seraphim wrote:Time to dispense with the formalities. First of all, I never had a post restriction. Well, when I couldn't say "the", that was the truth. Espeonage, you suck. You just had to fucking claim scum when you know, all we had to do was secure the no lynch today. I know you've been trying to lie, trying to cover our collective asses but it's not going to work and you fucked over big time.

Second of all, I refuse to buy into any cult plan for a very, very good reason.

I'm a cult recruiter...kinda. I chose Lucifer, Prince of Darkness as my role. I chose Mafia as my alignment. But I was the ONLY mafia at the beginning of the game. So, I can forcibly recruit people. My win condition is to defeat God by having a majority of recruits and beating God. I learned God was AGM at the beginning of the game. God cannot be recruited by me or killed by me but in return, God can't kill me either without "attacking hell itself and suffering my wraith". I took this to mean I was PGO against God.

It's true that I have the "remorselessly terminated" kill. I don't know who did the "shot in the head" kill on N1 unfortunately but it sure as hell wasn't me. On N1 and N2, I recruited MoI and Espeonage, respectively. I decided that some kills needed to be dished out, that two scums would be enough. Now I wish I had recruited Andrius or something. Most abilities are kept during conversion. Espeonage is a rolecop for example but he can't carry out the kill. His initial roleclaim of Patronous was true though his rolename became "Baal" when I recruited him.

Basically, I have one recruit and AGM has zero, zippo. Let's run the cult plan...except we lynch AGM instead of me. I can't win while he's alive. I can recruit everyone to the Mafia except him, then we win.
Then, with this, AGM and everyone else who didn't flip Mafia will lose.

So, no lynch and no kill, while Seraphim recruits Andrius and SSBF, in whichever order he prefers. Whether or not I have to get recruited depends on whether or not the game ends after I fulfil my own personal win condition.

Any objections, other than AGM?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Andrius »

And
Huggle: Espeonage
Want to win the game? XD

I support me being recruited by the mafia.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 am

Post by CSL »

Unvote
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Andrius »

Ok. Well, here's how I see it:

Seraphim's best course of action is to recruit me, since that's another killing role in the mafia. I can't refuse this invitation. Its perfect.

So I might as well start playing mafia because I'll probably be press-ganged into their group. I call being renamed to "Kira". XD

And can we still have CSL win with us?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Andrius »

This game just went from AWESOME to LEGENDARY.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Espeonage »

UNVOTE: Sera

I'll stop pulling shit out my ass now. Sera's claim is correct. It is kinda breadcrumbed by me that he wasn't going to join AGM's cult, so yeah.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”