Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, we are to close to deadline. I'm sorry.

We need to lynch someone. I don't mind if its me. Go ahead.

I can claim though it will defeat the purpose of my role entirely but whatever.

We need to kill, quickly.

DO NOT MAKE ME SELF HAMMER. Please, I beg of you.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Darnit Xscorp, You're already on my wagon, I could care less if you were on. Darnitall

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

EBWOP:Xscorp is viewing this forum which is why I know hes on.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by xvart »

Benmage, 443 wrote:So Xvart you also willing to string up scorp?
I'm not as certain with him, but I would vote XScorp at deadline to prevent NL. I think hiphop is the best alternative; actually I think he is the best lynch today.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: hiphop

I would be fine with a Robo lynch also, and will be online tomorrow to switch back if necessary.
SpyreX, 448 wrote:Hows about you pair of chuckleheads give me a real reason for jenni being town.
Because she seems to be following the same train of thought that I am and I am town.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

NO.

STAY ON MY WAGON DARNIT XVART.

WE HAVE TO LYNCH SOMEONE AND BY SWITCHING TO A WAGON THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN YOU"RE SCREWING US OVER.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Robocopter87 wrote:Alright, we are to close to deadline. I'm sorry.

We need to lynch someone. I don't mind if its me. Go ahead.

I can claim though it will defeat the purpose of my role entirely but whatever.

We need to kill, quickly.

DO NOT MAKE ME SELF HAMMER. Please, I beg of you.
You haven't even done anything useful since you unvoted me, could you at least put some effort into this game?
Besides, if you aren't gonna get lynched, I'll probably shoot you tonight anyway.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

If I am not lynched don't shoot me. You don't know how stupid that would work out for the town. Seriously.

It took you that long to type that or...?

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I'm playing 4 games on Coney island and I tend to abuse Firefox tabs a lot.
Who is scum, Robo? Who should I shoot?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oh. Ok.
I don't know. If I had a One Shot Vig tonight that I knew wouldn't be roleblocked I'd probably shoot Kirby. But that would be a huge gut call.

Right now is not time for scumhunting. Its time for lynching someone. So lets hurry up and do this.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Lynching who exactly?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Me.

I am the biggest wagon. There is no way we could build a wagon on anybody else in the amount of time left.

My role isn't exactly extremely important. I don't think I was very smart about acting like it.

Everyone's already ready to lynch me, lets do this.

Also,
SpyreX, You are constantly saying people are bad lynches, as if you knew they were town. Only Mafia know who Town is.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Equinox »

XScorpion wrote:Lynching who exactly?
This guy, of course.

I apologize for the long-ass delay. I've had papers due back-to-back this week, and I underestimated the amount of effort I needed to put into them. Now I'm home, my brain is shot, and I'm functioning on caffeine. Doesn't make anything I'm about to say less valid, but coherency may be an issue.

Uh. Progress. I'm missing a small-ish chunk of Day 1. It's not bad enough to render me absolutely useless, but the information I'm missing is significant enough that it's giving me question marks on two slots (jenniwren, SpyreX). Everyone else and SpyreX are on various points of the continuum.

Okay. Wagon. Uh. Yeah. I trust most of the people on the Robocopter87 wagon as far as I can throw them (and maybe not even then), so if I go on that basis alone, I do not support the wagon. The soft claiming is a bit... irksome, though. I need to sleep on it, probably quite literally. >_>

Uh. XScorpion wagon. If I go off what I know from this game, I'd be willing to support this wagon, but SpyreX's defense is... I don't know. It's not like I trust the guy (I don't), but the way he's defending Robocopter87 and XScorpion reminds me of the way he defended charter, so I'm willing to pass on the XScorpion wagon for now. Bleh.

jenniwren. I know absolutely nothing about jenniwren. Sorry. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Okay. Instead of saying who I want lynched (which can easily be summed up in two words), I'll just say who I'm not lynching today: Benmage, Robocopter87, Super Smash Bros. Fan, XScorpion. Everyone else I am willing to string up, with varying degrees of desire. YES, DESIRE, DAMMIT.

MOD: Is deadline 2 PM CDT?

Yes

Okay. So... assuming the answer to that question is yes, I'll definitely be on sometime before that, but I will not be on at deadline. Just warning you guys ahead of time.
Last edited by bouncy.bouncy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

Benmage wrote:Hiphop I completed the test by showing that the mod would interact with flavor in the game. Yours was pointless.
Actually no it wasn't. When I saw your "test" post, I thought that you made it because you wanted to see Kirby dead. Yet you voted xscorp. Even after the mod posted the flavor, I still had no inclination of what you were trying to do until Kirby posted. I however wouldn't mind seeing you dead, because even now you have yet to provide any sort of reason as to why certain people are scum and certain people are town. So clearly you are just being a space filler, kind of like robo.

Jenni 446-sorry totally skimmed over that post. Didn't realize that the actual quote was in the thread.
xvart wrote:I'm starting to doubt XScorp's claim with this post. People generally aren't told that they were roleblocked. Why would you need to tell someone they were roleblocked when they would find out the next day anyway?
This is what I was thinking when I made 438. And right now it seems even more likely.

Anyways this is most likely my last post. And being that robo has not claimed, i wouldn't have time to change it if he were anything, but a vanilla. So I will leave it on the person who has claimed and who's role could very well be scum.
mod-Is it possible that you could extend it somewhere around 7 pst?

Equinox wrote:
XScorpion wrote:Lynching who exactly?
This guy, of course.

Why?

Oh that reminds me, just so that everyone knows what I know- Yesterday(as in the last mafia day) the mod and I continued the conversation of the 7 to lynch outside the thread. And his final saying was the reason he kept it at 7 to vote was because he wanted to punish the wagon that robo would have supported. For those of you who say I should not post private conversations between me and the mod-He said I could post the summary.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

hiphop wrote:Why?
It's close to deadline. You're a viable wagon, and you're on my list of people I'm willing to lynch today.

I second the request for deadline extension.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by xvart »

Robocopter87, 454 wrote:NO.

STAY ON MY WAGON DARNIT XVART.

WE HAVE TO LYNCH SOMEONE AND BY SWITCHING TO A WAGON THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN YOU"RE SCREWING US OVER.
Didn't I say I would switch back if necessary? If this wagon is going to go through I think hiphop should hammer.
hiphop, 462 wrote:
Benmage wrote:Hiphop I completed the test by showing that the mod would interact with flavor in the game. Yours was pointless.
Actually no it wasn't. When I saw your "test" post, I thought that you made it because you wanted to see Kirby dead. Yet you voted xscorp. Even after the mod posted the flavor, I still had no inclination of what you were trying to do until Kirby posted. I however wouldn't mind seeing you dead, because even now you have yet to provide any sort of reason as to why certain people are scum and certain people are town. So clearly you are just being a space filler, kind of like robo.
Isn't this almost exactly the same reason I provided you when you were all up and on me about the flavor of the first fake daykill? Can we string this dude up now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by hiphop »

xvart wrote:If this wagon is going to go through I think hiphop should hammer.
If i could post sooner to deadline i would.

xvart wrote:
hiphop wrote:Actually no it wasn't. When I saw your "test" post, I thought that you made it because you wanted to see Kirby dead. Yet you voted xscorp. Even after the mod posted the flavor, I still had no inclination of what you were trying to do until Kirby posted. I however wouldn't mind seeing you dead, because even now you have yet to provide any sort of reason as to why certain people are scum and certain people are town. So clearly you are just being a space filler, kind of like robo.
Isn't this almost exactly the same reason I provided you when you were all up and on me about the flavor of the first fake daykill?
No

Your reason was you thought the vig attempt was real,
and you provided no reason as to why you didn't vote after you said you would.
The italics was what I was up your in you grill about. My reason is that I knew benmage's was fake, but i thought that he was showing who he wanted dead, yet he gave no reason as to why. So I thought all he had on kirby was gut and there might be another person who he would provide a case on. But, no. Nothing. So the only logical thing as to what he wanted was he just wanted him dead. Yet no vote.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This game makes my teeth itch and you all make me amazingly angry. Just FYI.

@SSBF:
Meta is not always inconclusive. As a matter of fact, they can be used to supplement a case if you see a series of actions that person A is doing that he also did as scum in the previous game and the other way, so it can help determine a person to be town or scum.

I also realized that you said something similar to my argument here in your Wiki. And you say meta is retartded.
Meta. Is. Retarded. The desire to supplement a case means the case is there regardless. Going OHH meta does nothing and its a waste of time in 9 out of 10 cases and IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS I'd make a dayvig that could only kill people with the word 'meta' in their posts.
The point is that jenniwren "not posting" situation alone should not be the be-all, end-all of scum tells. Only the strongest of scum tells deserve that title, like for example, an obvious scum slip/claiming scum.
Like saying you have no scum reads? A statement that, *gasp*, makes little sense because of the nature of the blowback it gets?

Is that the strongest of scum tells?

Pushing through a mislynch and then slinking into the shadows IS SCUMMY. I don't know where you're gettign this be-all, end-all of scum tells attempt at painting this like something else but tech work there.
Wouldn't people focusing on the words about them and actively want them to view the whole thing/actively reviewed be something that everyone who makes cases expect to get? Not sure how that this case is that significantly different from other cases made.

Also, that post alone does not make Robocopter87 town. Even if it was good (Which it was, I'll give you that), it is not to exceed the scumminess of Robocopter87's play when looking at it overall.
Good lord.

It is the
intent
. That post shows an honest intent to look for scum. Not to simply post or to aim for any lynch. There is method there.

Props on "Ohh that's a good post but he's still scum".
Really disagree with this. I don't see how this is a town tell. The only reason why he was able to edit his post is because he is modding a game here at Coney Island. Also, scum motivations is very well possible for editing a post.

Let's say Person A a current mod of Coney Island called Game 1 and playing a game that is in the same section of the forum called Game 2. He is scum in Game 2. Wanting to avoid a lynch/having to fakeclaim and with no one looking, he quickly get rid of the slip by editing it. Therefore, no one finds out and he doesn't get in trouble game-wise or get punished by the mod.

Editing a post can have scum motivation and can benefit them if they can edit the information that could expose them as scum. By doing this, they can destory information that they create without the player/mod even knowing it.
Except for that whole it shows the posts are edited and that can't be changed part. (Yes, that is why you can't edit in forum games in general and why its, normally, a modkillable offense - the whole reason why scum wouldn't MAKE CHANGES).
Hardly what I consider a "magic bullet on why Robocopter87 is town". I didn't find the post scummy, but I don't see any super townie intentions either. So really, more of a null tell to me.
It's pretty clear that it doesn't matter and you're going to push this lynch through (which makes "post content" for him even more awesome).

----
robo wrote:SpyreX, You are constantly saying people are bad lynches, as if you knew they were town. Only Mafia know who Town is.
No. I'm saying YOU are a bad lynch, period. Charter WAS a bad lynch. Robo is a bad lynch
today

Jenni is a good lynch. Xvart is a good lynch. SSBF is a good lynch but you chuckleheads will never ever see it. Hiphop is a decent lynch. These are good things.

I am not stoked at the softclaim and then stepping back from it maaan. Keep it together.

I'm still waiting for any reasons at all for real why jenni is such a great asset. Why I can get NO traction on it. Hmm its a mystery huh.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

PM me if you want an extension and tell me how long you want it to be. This game is supposed to have short deadlines, so I don't want to extend it against the will of people who want a faster game.
As of now the deadline is about 14 hours away.

VOTE COUNT
6 to lynch
Robocopter87 (3) Super Smash Bros. Fan, Xscorpion, Kirbyoshi
Xscorpion (2) Benmage, hiphop
hiphop (2) xvart, Equinox
jenniwren (1) SpyreX

Not voting (2) jenniwren, Robocopter87
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by hiphop »

Curious to note- What do you and SSBF willing to prove with your arguments back and forth? Because it appears that town is not listening. Or are you just trying to convince yourselves?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

A flower needs water, sun and time to grow.

When it blossoms all will make sense.
Show

Proud member of BaM
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by jenniwren »

You know Spyrex...
I fought for a lynch I believed in. I was wrong. (And heaven forgive me that I admitted I was wrong and needed to get some perspective.) But you didn't help matters by just repeating over and over again that anyone who disagreed with you was scum and calling me dense rather than actually trying to explain anything to someone who isn't a mindreader. When D2 started I didn't know where to begin, and on top of that, my credibility is shot, so even if I DO have any ideas about where to begin, it won't matter because I was so very wrong yesterday. Do you want me lynched because you think I'm scum? Or do you want a policy lynch (for VI) because I have no credibility left? There
is
a difference. Aside from that...

Do you think SSBF and Xvart are scum? Why?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont think you're a VI. In the slightest.

Playing up "my credibility is shot" when you haven't pushed ANYTHING today besides wringing your hands about me is not awesome.

Voting for robocopter under the "everyone is scum" but, again, not saying anything about anything is not awesome.

The fact SSBF has still opted to not actually say words about this in all his words is telling.

Xvart is a whole lot of yesterday hate + if this lynch goes through and I'm right again a pattern that kinda reads SCUM BE HERE on his back.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:04 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Support ext, dont care how long. Sorry I didn't pm this is all i have time for

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Equinox »

This extension issue sure has thrown a wrench into things.

If there is no extension, I will not be here to move my vote, so please get a lynch in if that is the case.

And for that lynch, I'd prefer it if it weren't Robocopter87 or XScorpion on the chopping block. I have already stated why, and I still stand by that reason.

SpyreX, just hop on the hiphop wagon, please. Unless we get the extension, you're not going to have time to convince five other people to jump on the jenniwren wagon (and I don't have time to finish reading the case and evidence).
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:53 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Alright, deadline is extended 12 hours. BUT NO MORE!
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”