Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Parama »

Bub Bidderskins wrote: Question: Are you voting for me now just because you don't like my play style?
I have not seen an argument against you that had anything to do with play styles.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:[quote-"xvart"]Bub - for the love of god please do not insert text responses inside quotes. It makes it impossible to read and even more impossible to reply to.

I love God, too.
And it appears as if you have God on your side as well.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Parama wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote: Question: Are you voting for me now just because you don't like my play style?
I have not seen an argument against you that had anything to do with play styles.
Don't put words into your possible scumbud's mouth.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Bubs, if you really are town, WOMD is voting you because he doesn't want to go on the boberz wagon.

Also anyone notice how boberz has kind of died down and not offered much sense the wagon on him is off and the wagon on Bub is on?Something to note, although I have to problem lynching either of them today. It would give town hella lot of info either way.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

"No problem" also I started modding today but my ISOs will be up by the end of the weekend.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Parama »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Parama wrote:
You directed this same accusation towards me. I think I have a right to restate what you obviously missed.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Btw scum is WOMD/boberz/????

or Oso/Xine/Bub

Town reads are Parama/Charter/xvart
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: As for Bub, he makes a quick OMGUS call out, which is a rather easy look into scumhunting, and not very sound. I don't like how his posts have switched from mostly questions in the beginning, and my vote will stay where it is.
So you don't like how I'm playing now, eh?
WeaponsofMassContruction wrote:And I agree with Slaxx that Bub seems like he's trying to mediate as scum; asking questions I don't like much.

unvote, vote: Bub Bidderskins
Well, it looks like you didn't think that earlier. Let me get this strait:

~You don't like me when I "mediate" and "ask questions"
-and yet-
~You don't like "how my posts have switched"

You've got the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen.

Question: Are you voting for me now just because you don't like my play style?
Stating the issue in effect also influences it. If you had gone on doing the same thing, posting something like "I ask a lot of questions in my play," or just ignoring it, it would've earned you town points, but instead, it appears you conformed to the judgement of others, which townies do less because they are less worried about how they look in others' eyes.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 pm

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: As for Bub, he makes a quick OMGUS call out, which is a rather easy look into scumhunting, and not very sound. I don't like how his posts have switched from mostly questions in the beginning, and my vote will stay where it is.
So you don't like how I'm playing now, eh?
WeaponsofMassContruction wrote:And I agree with Slaxx that Bub seems like he's trying to mediate as scum; asking questions I don't like much.

unvote, vote: Bub Bidderskins
Well, it looks like you didn't think that earlier. Let me get this strait:

~You don't like me when I "mediate" and "ask questions"
-and yet-
~You don't like "how my posts have switched"

You've got the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen.

Question: Are you voting for me now just because you don't like my play style?
Stating the issue in effect also influences it. If you had gone on doing the same thing, posting something like "I ask a lot of questions in my play," or just ignoring it, it would've earned you town points, but instead, it appears you conformed to the judgement of others, which townies do less because they are less worried about how they look in others' eyes.
You still haven't answered the question.
Show

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.09

Bub Bidderskins
(5): WeaponsofMassConstruction, DemonHybrid, boberz, Lowell, charter
boberz
(2): Parama, Cogito Ergo Sum
Parama
(2): Xine, Bub Bidderskins
Cogito Ergo Sum
(1): Oso
Xine
(1): xvart

Not Voting
: Slaxx

Bub Bidderskins is at L-2

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Bubberskins wrote:You were technically right, this wasn't a question; it was a command. If you want it phrased as a question, I can do that.
This also wasn't inbetween the two posts I mentioned and it contains 3 spelling errors.
Bubberskins wrote:Why did you vote for Boberz?
Why are you still voting Boberz?
Why are being so difficult for the town?
Bandwagonning.
I think he might be scum.
I would describe it as concise, not as difficult.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 am

Post by boberz »

Slaxx wrote:Bubs, if you really are town, WOMD is voting you because he doesn't want to go on the boberz wagon.

Also anyone notice how boberz has kind of died down and not offered much sense the wagon on him is off and the wagon on Bub is on?Something to note, although I have to problem lynching either of them today. It would give town hella lot of info either way.
Been busy, but I did have a couple of posts about Bub, that were of note I think. It is quite hard to match the extent of posting I had at that point.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 am

Post by boberz »

Xvart is flying under the radar somewhat also.
xvart wrote:You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
This was a bit hypocritical because at this point xvart had added nothing to my wagon other than agreeing with others that I was discussing theory and had made contradictions. He had said nothing of anyone else, other than throwing a wishy washy point on slaxx and fosing him in the very same post.
He does then go on to scrutinise slaxx however.
xvart wrote:For someone who says it doesn't really matter who ended RVS you sure go out of your way to say three times that you were responsible for it. Do you think people that "end" RVS are always town?
This is the sort of comment that was a bit dodgy. He had earlier moaned at me for being too theory focussed and now tries to draw me back into this discussion. I felt this was done a few times by a few people. It is as if he is trying to make me look scummy, rather than assess whether I am scummy.

Xvart also spends a large amount of time over quite
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:02 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:You still haven't answered the question.
You could infer a "no" from previous posts.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:17 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Bubberskins wrote:You were technically right, this wasn't a question; it was a command. If you want it phrased as a question, I can do that.
This also wasn't inbetween the two posts I mentioned and it contains 3 spelling errors.
Bubberskins wrote:Why did you vote for Boberz?
Why are you still voting Boberz?
Why are being so difficult for the town?
Bandwagonning.
I would describe it as concise, not as difficult.
Why are you bandwagoning?
Why do you think he might be scum?
Why are you so concisely difficult?
Show

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 am

Post by boberz »

How are those questions going to help us find scum Bub? Honestly?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Bubberskins wrote:Why are you bandwagoning?
Why do you think he might be scum?
Why are you so concisely difficult?
Because bandwagons are good for the town in that they allow us to obtain information more effectively due to discourse becoming more meaningful in their presence.
A combination of factors: gut, failure to acknowledge the l-1, his weaksauce vote on you.
I would describe it as concisely concise, not as concisely difficult.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by xvart »

boberz, 237 wrote:Xvart is flying under the radar somewhat also.
Please elaborate on how I am "flying under the radar."
boberz, 237 wrote:
xvart wrote:You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
This was a bit hypocritical because at this point xvart had added nothing to my wagon other than agreeing with others that I was discussing theory and had made contradictions.
He had said nothing of anyone else, other than throwing a wishy washy point on slaxx and fosing him in the very same post.

He does then go on to scrutinise slaxx however.
xvart wrote:For someone who says it doesn't really matter who ended RVS you sure go out of your way to say three times that you were responsible for it. Do you think people that "end" RVS are always town?
This is the sort of comment that was a bit dodgy. He had earlier moaned at me for being too theory focussed and now tries to draw me back into this discussion. I felt this was done a few times by a few people. It is as if he is trying to make me look scummy, rather than assess whether I am scummy.

Xvart also spends a large amount of time over quite
Other than in the same post right before this quote I stated my reasoning for keeping my vote on you, which others had not mentioned yet. It should also be noted that the post you are referring to was my second post of the game, so I apologize (not) for not having a solid set of reads down in the first 23 minutes of the game. And since my second post came nine hours later your attempt to call me scum fails. My second post (the one in question) was my first real observations of the game, ten hours after it started.
I actually haven't FoS'ed anyone this game, but I'm sure that's just semantics since I called him suspicious in my second post of the game for insinuating that non posters in the first few hours of the game were scummy.
Once again, you'll have to look at post time. When I posted I was catching up and my original comment about people claiming responsibility for ending RVS are just looking to score town points and therefore scum, was still true, since after my second post where I explained that line of thinking, you mentioned it two or three times more, which is what I pointed out and asked about. So, what is the point of continuing to take credit for ending RVS after it has obviously ended? How does that help you find scum?
Can you finish this thought, please?

Cogito Ergo Sum, 223 wrote:
xvart wrote:At the time of this post, you had been asked by at least two different people to explain your blatant bandwagon and you still didn't answer here. Why?
I just looked it up and I can't find any questions addressed to me between the vote and post 108. And the original vote-post is fairly self-contained in terms of what it means.
How about this one; and this one (although technically those weren't questions but I believe the intention was clear).
Cogito Ergo Sum, 223 wrote:
xvart wrote:Why didn't you say this the first time? Also, the fifth vote? Not the fourth? Is the fourth vote not a bandwagon? Is the sixth vote to late? You make zero sense here.
I didn't think it would be necessary to mention it as it should be self-evident, really. Also, there were 4 votes on him at the time; I would've gladly put on a fourth or sixth vote but that's not how the world works, my friend.
But you did mention it. You said: "[you] always put the fifth vote down on bobz in that situation", which is an intriguing comment since it doesn't really make much sense at all, since you were blantantly old school bandwagoning without concern. If you would put the fourth vote down or the sixth vote, why did you need to specifically say you always put the fifth vote down? Did you mean to say you just put down whatever vote it happens to be as long as it is the leading bandwagon?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP (forgot to copy from another tab):
Slaxx, 208 wrote:-At xvart, I was but not anymore. Yes, its a good indicator of my posting style, in game or out of game. I don't change my typing style in a game. That whole vote on me was a huge reach anyway at best. Also reread my ISO. That is NOT the way it happened. That was an unvote... Yes you are right, they do, but that is why I am posting my ISOs and opinions now. Your last quote is lulzy...So I can';t bring evidence on him if I am not the mighty crusader of his wagon?
Are you referring to my last quote of you? Or the last quote in general. I assume the latter, at which point I would further explain that I don't see the reason to continuously try and undermine the stupid argument about your posting style when you were in no danger of being lynched. If it is so stupid (which it is) why the incessant need for rebuttal after rebuttal after rebuttal? I see that as possibly scum trying to make sure it is clear to everyone that that the alleged scumtell of double posting can never be used again.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Parama »

Parama wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Parama wrote:
You directed this same accusation towards me. I think I have a right to restate what you obviously missed.
Hey Bub, I think you missed this, and I'm pretty sure you need to comment on it.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Bubberskins wrote:Why are you still voting Boberz?
*sigh*

I think boberz might be scum.
I think Bub Bidderskins might be scum.
I think charter might be scum.
I think Cogito Ergo Sum might be scum.
I think DemonHybrid might be scum.
I think Lowell might be scum.
I think Oso might be scum.
I think Slaxx might be scum.
I think WeaponsofMassConstruction might be scum.
I think Xine might be scum.
I think xvart might be scum.

None of the above are lies. I could say all this and be telling the truth every time.

I think boberz is scum.
I think Bub Bidderskins is scum.
I think Xine is scum.

None of these are lies, either. If I replaced any of these 3 names with any other name besides these three, though, I'd be lying.

Scum tend to make fewer definite statements than town - it gives them the ability to back out of their reads.
FoS: CES

boberz wrote:Xvart is flying under the radar somewhat also.
Pro-tip: Someone who has been posting a decent amount of content and yet hasn't received much attention in terms of suspicions is probably town.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Posting in to say that I'm going to re-read after the PSU game and figure things out, but I want to say that Parama made a GREAT point in his last post.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Xine »

Parama wrote: *sigh*

I think boberz might be scum.
I think Bub Bidderskins might be scum.
I think charter might be scum.
I think Cogito Ergo Sum might be scum.
I think DemonHybrid might be scum.
I think Lowell might be scum.
I think Oso might be scum.
I think Slaxx might be scum.
I think WeaponsofMassConstruction might be scum.
I think Xine might be scum.
I think xvart might be scum.

None of the above are lies. I could say all this and be telling the truth every time.

I think boberz is scum.
I think Bub Bidderskins is scum.
I think Xine is scum.

None of these are lies, either. If I replaced any of these 3 names with any other name besides these three, though, I'd be lying.

Scum tend to make fewer definite statements than town - it gives them the ability to back out of their reads.
FoS: CES

boberz wrote:Xvart is flying under the radar somewhat also.
Pro-tip: Someone who has been posting a decent amount of content and yet hasn't received much attention in terms of suspicions is probably town.
UNVOTE: Parama
boberz wrote:How are those questions going to help us find scum Bub? Honestly?
VOTE: Boberz
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Parama »

How about you let Bub answer the question before chainsaw attacking boberz because of it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Xvart I'm not using it for my defense I am saying that boberz accepted it as a defense yet s voted me. Case against him, not defense for myself. But xines vote makes boberZ town now.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Xine »

I want to see the answers, to those and lots of other questions too, like the onesBoberz was deflecting the answers to.
Slaxx appears to believe I am scum, is this true?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”