Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

xvart wrote:How about this one; and this one (although technically those weren't questions but I believe the intention was clear).
I strongly disagree.
xvart wrote:Did you mean to say you just put down whatever vote it happens to be as long as it is the leading bandwagon?
Yes.
Parama wrote:None of the above are lies. I could say all this and be telling the truth every time.
Technically true if taken out of context, yes. But given the context I think the meaning is clear: I'm suspicious of berz but this suspicion is not particularly strong (which shouldn't be that surprising considering we're on page 10.)
Parama wrote:Scum tend to make fewer definite statements than town - it gives them the ability to back out of their reads.
Yeah, clearly, if I hadn't been town, I would've either caught scum by now or exaggerated my certainty. *rolls eyes*

Either you're already convinced that three people are scum, in which case you're kidding yourself, or you just state your suspicions more strongly, which does not strike me as significant.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Unvote, Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Parama wrote:None of the above are lies. I could say all this and be telling the truth every time.
Technically true if taken out of context, yes. But given the context I think the meaning is clear: I'm suspicious of berz but this suspicion is not particularly strong (which shouldn't be that surprising considering we're on page 10.)
Parama wrote:Scum tend to make fewer definite statements than town - it gives them the ability to back out of their reads.
Yeah, clearly, if I hadn't been town, I would've either caught scum by now or exaggerated my certainty. *rolls eyes*

Either you're already convinced that three people are scum, in which case you're kidding yourself, or you just state your suspicions more strongly, which does not strike me as significant.

I feel like this is all a poor justification for something you were caught doing, and so far, the scummiest thing anyone has said all game. I felt Parama was extremely clear, and you still try to make something of nothing.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Post by boberz »

Xine wrote:I want to see the answers, to those and lots of other questions too, like the onesBoberz was deflecting the answers to.
Slaxx appears to believe I am scum, is this true?
Which ones? Even Parama accepted I had answers the things he had wanted me to. Did I miss something?
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Xine »

Bub Bidderskins wrote: Why are you bandwagoning?
Why do you think he might be scum?
Why are you so concisely difficult?
are the questions I was referring to, and I noticed that CES did manage to not respond to them. I don't like comments/questions that deliberately discourage conversation.
and I may as well ask,
was this:
boberz wrote:How are those questions going to help us find scum Bub? Honestly?
an actual question, or is it rhetoric with a question mark? in other words, are you actually hoping for a real answer from bub?

And in regards to the Parama thing, I looked back, and I guess most of the post I was looking at was rhetorical mudslinging, I had been confused. I guess I was misled by the few question marks I noticed. If he felt no response was needed, that's information about him anyway.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:20 am

Post by boberz »

xine wrote:an actual question, or is it rhetoric with a question mark? in other words, are you actually hoping for a real answer from bub?
I am waiting for atleast an acknowledgement. He should have some method to his madness and cannot get away with just asking questions for the sake of it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

unvote

Vote Xine

Xine, what do you think of Oso and Charter?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Parama »

Bud, do you think boberz is scum?
Boberz, do you think Xine is scum?
Xine, do you think Bub is scum?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:07 am

Post by boberz »

I don't really get why xine did not vote for me earlier but did on page 10. I don't see any new case on me. Only a quote of me prodding Bub and an allegation I avoided questions, something that had already been dismissed by Parama. But apart from that I do not see much wrong with Xine. Much of the case comes from supposed scummy links with me but as I am not scum (from my point of view) I dont accept these.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:28 am

Post by boberz »

xvart wrote:Please elaborate on how I am "flying under the radar."
Doing a scattering of vaguely suspicious things without attracting much attention (positive or negative) around yourself.
xvart wrote:1 Other than in the same post right before this quote I stated my reasoning for keeping my vote on you, which others had not mentioned yet. It should also be noted that the post you are referring to was my second post of the game, so I apologize (not) for not having a solid set of reads down in the first 23 minutes of the game. And since my second post came nine hours later your attempt to call me scum fails. My second post (the one in question) was my first real observations of the game, ten hours after it started.
2 I actually haven't FoS'ed anyone this game, but I'm sure that's just semantics since I called him suspicious in my second post of the game for insinuating that non posters in the first few hours of the game were scummy.
3 Once again, you'll have to look at post time. When I posted I was catching up and my original comment about people claiming responsibility for ending RVS are just looking to score town points and therefore scum, was still true, since after my second post where I explained that line of thinking, you mentioned it two or three times more, which is what I pointed out and asked about. So, what is the point of continuing to take credit for ending RVS after it has obviously ended? How does that help you find scum?
4 Can you finish this thought, please?
1/ It was several pages into the game, and other people were coming up with original points and ideas. If it was too early in the game for you, then it was too early to be calling other people out on it, that was why I considered it hypocritical.

2/ Granted there was no official FOS that was my mistake. But he still held that second position on what I considered a slightly wishy washy point. But as I went on to say you did go on to scrutinise properly so I do not have much of a problem with this after all. But it was one of the things that made me look closer at you.

3/ you successfully avoid the point here. I am suggesting that you drew me back into theory something that was used to smear me. You are not the only one guilty but it is this rather than the specific RVS discussion I have issue with. Since you ask about the RVS ending howerver; I originally claimed credit because credit had been given to someone else and I was slightly shocked and worried about the extent to which the thread had been misread, I only went on to discuss it further when it was questioned attacked etc... I refute that I pontificated over the issue with no cause. I was under attack so responded to the points my attackers made which included RVS/ending thereof.

4/ Yes, sorry. I was suggesting that you spent a long time over relatively unimportant things, I would include the discussion of RVS but for a different example:
Why didn't you say this the first time? Also, the fifth vote? Not the fourth? Is the fourth vote not a bandwagon? Is the sixth vote to late? You make zero sense here.
I think it is obvious he would have put the fourth (maybe not the sixth) but any bandwagon vote in, it just happened to be the fifth. It is actually quite obvious, I frankly dont believe anyone who misundestood CES there and it was just a useless point to be making. (this goes for all your bandwagon discussion of CES there)
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:03 am

Post by xvart »

boberz, 258 wrote:
xvart wrote:Please elaborate on how I am "flying under the radar."
Doing a scattering of vaguely suspicious things without attracting much attention (positive or negative) around yourself.
And I'm flying under the radar because nobody has called me out on these so called vaguely suspicious things? That makes me scummy that others aren't commenting on my vaguely suspicious intentions? Or is this just a way to make you more town because you are finally calling me out on my vaguely suspicious tendencies when nobody else has?
boberz, 258 wrote:1/ It was several pages into the game, and other people were coming up with original points and ideas. If it was too early in the game for you, then it was too early to be calling other people out on it, that was why I considered it hypocritical.
So I needed to post original content in my very first post of the game instead of posting my original content nine hours after the game began?
boberz, 258 wrote:2/ Granted there was no official FOS that was my mistake. But he still held that second position on what I considered a slightly wishy washy point. But as I went on to say you did go on to scrutinise properly so I do not have much of a problem with this after all. But it was one of the things that made me look closer at you.
I didn't understand the connection to the next sentence. But I don't understand the accusation of being wishy washy and then saying I follow up with the proper scrutiny? Isn't that a little wishy washy?
boberz, 258 wrote:3/ you successfully avoid the point here. I am suggesting that you drew me back into theory something that was used to smear me. You are not the only one guilty but it is this rather than the specific RVS discussion I have issue with. Since you ask about the RVS ending howerver; I originally claimed credit because credit had been given to someone else and I was slightly shocked and worried about the extent to which the thread had been misread, I only went on to discuss it further when it was questioned attacked etc... I refute that I pontificated over the issue with no cause. I was under attack so responded to the points my attackers made which included RVS/ending thereof.
Okay, I'll go back and check the references I had questioned.
boberz, 258 wrote:4/ Yes, sorry. I was suggesting that you spent a long time over relatively unimportant things, I would include the discussion of RVS but for a different example:
Why didn't you say this the first time? Also, the fifth vote? Not the fourth? Is the fourth vote not a bandwagon? Is the sixth vote to late? You make zero sense here.
I think it is obvious he would have put the fourth (maybe not the sixth) but any bandwagon vote in, it just happened to be the fifth. It is actually quite obvious, I frankly dont believe anyone who misundestood CES there and it was just a useless point to be making. (this goes for all your bandwagon discussion of CES there)
You don't find the statement about placing a very specific vote on a bandwagon just because he wanted to bandwagon intriguing in the slightest? I find comments like this worth at the very least a minor line of inquiry. I don't see why someone who is admittedly bandwagoning just for the sake of bandwagoning would specify a particular vote on a bandwagon. There was obviously an intention behind the comment, and I'm trying to parse that intention out.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:17 am

Post by boberz »

xvart wrote:And I'm flying under the radar because nobody has called me out on these so called vaguely suspicious things? That makes me scummy that others aren't commenting on my vaguely suspicious intentions? Or is this just a way to make you more town because you are finally calling me out on my vaguely suspicious tendencies when nobody else has?
I didn't say you were suspicious for flying under the radar, I merely requested that others dont let you fly under the radar. Please don't start misrepping me.
xvart wrote:So I needed to post original content in my very first post of the game instead of posting my original content nine hours after the game began?
But it is the fact you made a hypocritical statement that I dont like. I am not commenting on whether you did or did not contribute at that point or later. but at the point you were criticising others you had also done nothing.
xvart wrote:I didn't understand the connection to the next sentence. But I don't understand the accusation of being wishy washy and then saying I follow up with the proper scrutiny? Isn't that a little wishy washy?
I am prepared to say I made a mistake putting this into my original accusation, you are right. However it still does explain (rightly or wrongly) why I first took a closer look at you.
xvart wrote:You don't find the statement about placing a very specific vote on a bandwagon just because he wanted to bandwagon intriguing in the slightest? I find comments like this worth at the very least a minor line of inquiry. I don't see why someone who is admittedly bandwagoning just for the sake of bandwagoning would specify a particular vote on a bandwagon. There was obviously an intention behind the comment, and I'm trying to parse that intention out.
I am acutely aware I may be stepping on CES' toes here and I dont want to take away a line of inquiry for you or anyone else. But you included three quotes on this and made a fairly big issue of it when (as far as I am concerned) his meaning was obvious.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.10

Bub Bidderskins
(4): WeaponsofMassConstruction, boberz, Lowell, charter
boberz
(3): Parama, Cogito Ergo Sum, Xine
Cogito Ergo Sum
(2): Oso, DemonHybrid
Xine
(2): xvart, Slaxx
Parama
(1): Bub Bidderskins

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: Bub

*hops*
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by charter »

I really have nothing new to say other than Slaxx and Bub are obvious scum and we need to get crackin' on a lynch.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Parama »

Don't think Slaxx is scum, Bub definitely is though.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by charter »

Well, we shall have a nice debate day two then.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I'm cool with either a Bub or CES lynch....so, let me do this:

Unvote, Vote: Bub Bidderskins

We can make the necessary connections tomorrow. CES is still up there in suspicion however, so I'll be looking at him and his connection to Bub more closely tomorrow if Bub flips scum.

You want this one.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I can't help it if you are too lazy to look through the thread to find my replies charter. Not like you'd accept anything I said at this point anyway since you are deadset on me being scum.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oso is third scum in case I die tonight. Not that I am an optimal kill anyway. I will wait for bubs claim.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

DH, you usually post more than this. Any explanation?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:DH, you usually post more than this. Any explanation?
6 games and a ton of homework. SHM:WT drained the hell out of me and I've had a paper to write and an ASL interpreting assignment to do all weekend.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

To add on, you'll probably notice my activity in other games has died a little bit too, so apologies on that.

You want this one.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.11

Bub Bidderskins
(6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, boberz, Lowell, charter, Parama, DemonHybrid

boberz
(2): Cogito Ergo Sum, Xine
Xine
(2): xvart, Slaxx
Cogito Ergo Sum
(1): Oso
Parama
(1): Bub Bidderskins

Bub Bidderskins is at L-1

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here

Oso
has notified me that he is V/LA until Wednesday, September 15.
Lowell
has been prodded.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

If Bub flips town, FoSs are WOMD/Boberz for reasons I have stated. If I happen to be right about that, Parama and Xine are probably not one of the third mafia.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Lowell »

Prod recieved. Sorry folks. Feel free to hammer, anyone, and I'll catch up if I'm around tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”