Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 am

Post by boberz »

Is that usual?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:50 am

Post by xvart »

boberz, 260 wrote:I didn't say you were suspicious for flying under the radar, I merely requested that others dont let you fly under the radar. Please don't start misrepping me.
You may not have said it but the implication was clear. I don't often see people being called out for flying under the radar when the poster thinks the person is town. And the observation you made about me doing vaguely scummy things seems to be some roundabout way of calling me scum without actually flat out calling me scum.
boberz, 260 wrote:But it is the fact you made a hypocritical statement that I dont like. I am not commenting on whether you did or did not contribute at that point or later. but at the point you were criticising others you had also done nothing.
I don't understand the hypocrisy. I was telling him to chill out since he was calling people out for not posting nine hours into the game. I didn't say he wasn't posting and therefore scummy.
boberz, 260 wrote:I am acutely aware I may be stepping on CES' toes here and I dont want to take away a line of inquiry for you or anyone else. But you included three quotes on this and made a fairly big issue of it when (as far as I am concerned) his meaning was obvious.
That's just the way I do things.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 am

Post by boberz »

xvart wrote:You may not have said it but the implication was clear. I don't often see people being called out for flying under the radar when the poster thinks the person is town. And the observation you made about me doing vaguely scummy things seems to be some roundabout way of calling me scum without actually flat out calling me scum.
No here you are wrong. I am suggesting you are quite scummy. But not because you are flying under the radar. I am trying to suggest that since you are flying under the radar it is worth me pointing out a few things... (see rest of that post)...
xvart wrote:That's just the way I do things.
But you just said it was a minor line of inquiry. You either make it a fairly big issue or it was a minor line of inquiry. It cannot be both.
xvart wrote:I don't understand the hypocrisy. I was telling him to chill out since he was calling people out for not posting nine hours into the game. I didn't say he wasn't posting and therefore scummy.
xvart (what we are talking about to remind everyone) wrote:You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
you were not telling him to chill out, you were calling him out on not providing enough content.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

xvart wrote:You don't find the statement about placing a very specific vote on a bandwagon just because he wanted to bandwagon intriguing in the slightest? I find comments like this worth at the very least a minor line of inquiry. I don't see why someone who is admittedly bandwagoning just for the sake of bandwagoning would specify a particular vote on a bandwagon. There was obviously an intention behind the comment, and I'm trying to parse that intention out.
I really didn't mean anything by it and frankly, I can't even think of anything I realistically could have meant by it.

I don't intend to hammer Bubberskins, just fyi.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:41 am

Post by boberz »

Why are people negogiating over wagons and whether they are going to wagon etc etc.

I have no problem with a hammer, but we have no rush to get people to hop on wagons halfheartedly just for a lynch.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Parama »

Fun fact: I'm not reading the boberz-xvart argument
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 am

Post by boberz »

Parama wrote:Fun fact: I'm not reading the boberz-xvart argument
I sensed people weren't. Why not? There might be something revealing in it.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:54 am

Post by xvart »

boberz, 277 wrote:
xvart wrote:That's just the way I do things.
But you just said it was a minor line of inquiry. You either make it a fairly big issue or it was a minor line of inquiry. It cannot be both.
Nice try. I said: "I find comments like this worth
at the very least
a minor line of inquiry." I never said I was pushing it as minor or halfhearted. And, it is what I do regardless of how minor or major something may be. I like to poke and prod at things that don't sit right with me, especially on day one, and see how people respond, explain themselves, etc. I actually get a lot of information from prodding at what others might find as minor or inconsequential, because a lot of times people aren't setup to respond to something they may think is so trivial.
boberz, 277 wrote:
xvart wrote:I don't understand the hypocrisy. I was telling him to chill out since he was calling people out for not posting nine hours into the game. I didn't say he wasn't posting and therefore scummy.
xvart (what we are talking about to remind everyone) wrote:You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
you were not telling him to chill out, you were calling him out on not providing enough content.
Woah, another blatant misrep. I did tell him to chill out, and I did not call him out on not providing enough content. Here's the quote for your reference:
xvart, 94 wrote:
Slaxx, 87 wrote:xvart: One vote, no explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
Chillax much? Your post reeks of trying to make the motivations of those people who have only posted once or twice in the first twelve hours of the game to be scum motivations. Care to elaborate on your intentions in calling us out?
xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 am

Post by xvart »

boberz, 281 wrote:
Parama wrote:Fun fact: I'm not reading the boberz-xvart argument
I sensed people weren't. Why not? There might be something revealing in it.
I think it is because a lot of people already suspect you of being scum so they don't need to read your spectacular misrep of me in defense of Slaxx.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 am

Post by boberz »

xvart wrote: Woah, another blatant misrep. I did tell him to chill out, and I did not call him out on not providing enough content. Here's the quote for your reference:
Ok maybe I got lost in the conversation (it has been rather longwinded) but is this not a bit hypocritical then?
xvart wrote:You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
This surely is calling him out for not contributing, it is certainly insinuating it.

---

The rest of your answers I can accept, but don't really like still. I feel like I have been misrepped myself infact, but I cannot work out how. :(
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Parama »

I think boberz is the least suspicious of my scumreads at this point, to be honest. It's funny that Bub has all but disappeared since put under pressure (last post 9/11/10 2:17 PM CST - about 45 hours ago)
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Slaxx »

Parama, do you think both are scum? Because I think there is scum in one but probably not both of them.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Parama »

I totally believe Bub is scum with Xine. I mean, part of my initial reason for suspecting him has to do with the fact that he chainsawed me to defend Xine. If Bub flips scum (he will) then Xine is most definitely scum with him.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by charter »

Been busy, will catchup tomorrow.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

You haven't missed much. Waiting for Bub, who is now MIA, to claim. Then I will hammer.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Parama »

If he gets prodded, hammer him without mercy. I do not play the OH HE FLAKED ABANDON WAGON game.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Parama »

16 hours and 10 minutes from this post, btw. That's how long he has to post before he gets hammered.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Slaxx does not know what mercy is. Parama: Xine/Bub/?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Parama »

Still saying boberz, but it's not as certain as before. The Xine/Bub/boberz theory has the alternate potential of working if Xine was scum trying not to be on a mislynch wagon (boberz) in which case there's a good chance the scum is in {Slaxx, DH} which I don't like and a good chance Xine doesn't know how to bus and has not expressed suspicion of his remaining buddy.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by charter »

Has Slaxx expressed suspicion of Bub or is this hammer threat coming out of the blue because it's popular to vote for Bub? I need to check when I get more time.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 am

Post by Parama »

Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Xine »

boberz wrote:I don't really get why xine did not vote for me earlier but did on page 10. I don't see any new case on me. Only a quote of me prodding Bub and an allegation I avoided questions, something that had already been dismissed by Parama. But apart from that I do not see much wrong with Xine. Much of the case comes from supposed scummy links with me but as I am not scum (from my point of view) I dont accept these.
Are you being deliberately dense? go read post 253, I very clearly explained myself. I did not attack you here for avoiding Questions from Parama, but for interfering with a line of questioning from bub to CES. BTW your attack of Xvart is horrible, if there ever was a case on him you have totally destroyed it with your terrible interrogation.

Not crazy about Bub's disappearance
Neutral read on Oso, like to see more of his thoughts
still working on that re-read, been very busy

Slaxx: as far as I remember, your first mention of the idea that I could be scum was when I voted Boberz, and you seem to be 100% convinced of it by now, yet, you didn't say any reasons, ask me any questions, etc,
why not
?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

Because the way you voted Boberz reeked of a chainsaw defense, as Parama said.
Xine wrote:
boberz wrote:How are those questions going to help us find scum Bub? Honestly?
VOTE: Boberz
And you question me for not explaining my vote.

I just don't see at this point how you think that Bub is more town than Boberz as a townie. But humor me. Do you think Bub and Boberz both are mafia?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

Oh, and Parama, I don't see both of them as scum right now. Go read Oso in iso (hey I like that phrase).
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

YOU PEOPLE DON'T; KNOW HOW TO PLAY mAFIA!!!!!!!!

The only reason I'ma gettin lyn ched is becayse YOU DON'T LIKE MY PLAY STYLE !!!!!!! Look at all of you following Param a. The only reason he -put a case against me ois that I VOTED FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!

He's the scum!!!! Parama's the one who was OMGUSing all over the place. YOu said you don't like how I was askking thoas questions early, and then whenn I change, you still think I'm scum

YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE!!!!!

YOu come up with all these crazy theories abot how i "chainsaw defensed" this guy, por about how I have a "double standarda" wen it coems to Slaxx. Giving person benefit of the doubt, FAIL.

For all you know, Slaxx I could be MASONS!!!!
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”