jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

there are 14 main characters, however in the innitial crash there were 48 that survived and were on the Island in season 1... I am guessing it was nothing more than flavor to my role.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 am

Post by HackerHuck »

chesskid3 wrote:Also, if Vezok is not dead after tonight, I am going to be very upset
Unless you really doubt he's a lyncher, it would be better to vig Dekes than Vezok.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 am

Post by jenniwren »

Why would it be better to vig a town?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Make the math.

I stay here with a vote more and Dekes is dead so I can't achieve my win con. So I just wait and vote.
And I had no idea it was a fake hammer. I voted HH just cause people voted HH.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 am

Post by HackerHuck »

jenniwren wrote:Why would it be better to vig a town?
Are you certain that Claire is town? A flip on Claire, would help with flavour info and to vezok's point, keep his non-mafia vote in the game while removing any concern about actually lynching Claire if the time comes.

I don't really think it's a good idea for the vig to go after either one of them; I just see Dekes as the better option of the two. I also won't vig people just because I don't think they're playing well. I go after who I think to be mafia or an SK or whose flip will give information.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:26 am

Post by jenniwren »

I'm not certain she's town, but she's the pregnant woman...and since I'm the kid, and I'm town, I'm thinking she's probably town, too, especially since this is S1.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

HackerHuck (7): MagnaofIllusion, AGar, jenniwren, jasonT1981, Faraseradayaphim, chesskid3, vezokpiraka
Ademisk (4): Dekes, dramonic, BloodCovenent
AGar (1): Ademisk
BloodCovenent (1): HackerHuck
Not voting (0):

Hammer was reached in post 402.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

The mass of survivors huddle around the man who has been eating everything.

"Hey, fatass! There's no way we're going to be able to survive if you keep eating all of our food!"

Hurley turns around, melted chocolate bar all over his mouth, staring blankly at the angry mob before him.

"Dude... I KNEW THOSE NUMBERS WERE BAD!"

Before he can do anything else, you all lift the hefty man (how, I'm not sure) and string him up by his neck. It snaps.

HackerHuck [HUGO "HURLEY" REYES],
Flavor Cop
, lynched D1

It is now Night 1. Deadline is 72 hours from this post.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

As dawn breaks, the group of survivors rushes up to find not one, but TWO dead bodies on the beach.

"Holy... shit..."

"I knew that guy. He was a doctor."

Someone else steps forward and takes something out of his pocket.

"Yeah? Well, apparently he was tryin' to kill us."

A gun is waved around in the air.

"Actually... apparently... he DID kill us..."

On the ground near the dead doctor lies an Asian woman. She holds identical medical utensils as him.

jasonT1981 [JACK SHEPHERD],
Mafia Doctor
, killed N1
Faraseradayaphim [SUN-HWA KWON],
Nurse
, killed N1

It is now Day 2. Deadline is 2.5 weeks from today.
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by AGar »

Well that's a peculiar "WTF" left-field moment.

Kinda breaks any credibility of any claim if Jack was mafia.

My apologies for my absence at the end of the day.

The false-hammer trick was bullshit and hella scummy. Other than that, nothing pinged me so far. Still curious about the Dram-BC bit, but whatever.

VOTE: Chesskid13
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

geez, why am I not surprised that Ademisk and Jenni are still alive <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 am

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

fuck.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:14 am

Post by chesskid3 »

AGar wrote:Well that's a peculiar "WTF" left-field moment.

The false-hammer trick was bullshit and hella scummy. Other than that, nothing pinged me so far. Still curious about the Dram-BC bit, but whatever.

Wow, that's the _only_ thing you remember as scummy at all from D1, and yet you were away for the end of D1?

I think you read back, saw a few people point out that they didn't like my fakehammer, and you're trying for a quicklynch. Care to respond?
Perhaps with some thoughts on D1's: HH,TheLonging's Scumminess(is that you?), Vezok still being alive, The claimed Walt not being dead after softclaiming Beloved Princess?

None of this is at all worthy of any note? Seriously?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Reck wrote:jasonT1981 [JACK SHEPHERD], Mafia Doctor, killed N1
Faraseradayaphim [SUN-HWA KWON], Nurse, killed N1
Damn it’s hard being so correct about things.
AGar wrote:Kinda breaks any credibility of any claim if Jack was mafia.
Which is great because it means we know NOW, at the start of Day 2 we need to be scum-hunting as opposed to Role-hunting.
dramonic wrote:geez, why am I not surprised that Ademisk and Jenni are still alive <<
This is the part where I should sarcastically say something to the effect of “Why am I not surprised that you and Blood are still alive” but I’m not. Because I have an inkling as to why.

Dram I’m going to ask you this direct question. If my suspicions are correct scum already knows the facts so please don’t waffle because you want to keep them ‘in the dark’ –

Are you Lovers with BC but not alignment confirmed?
Chesskid wrote:I think you read back, saw a few people point out that they didn't like my fakehammer, and you're trying for a quicklynch. Care to respond?
Perhaps with some thoughts on D1's: HH,TheLonging's Scumminess(is that you?), Vezok still being alive, The claimed Walt not being dead after softclaiming Beloved Princess?
This is all sorts of horrible.

1. How is a single vote ‘trying for a quicklynch’?
2. HackerHuck is already dead so why bring up his Day 1 scumminess as a topic of conversation?
3. Why is Vezok still being alive worth special note? The Vig / SK took a shot at someone they found scummy and it paid off with Jason dead.
4. Please point out where jenni softclaimed Beloved Princess. I see her softclaim of Walt but nothing that to me logically says BP.

More questions for you Chess –

1. Why were you so quick to dismiss HH’s claim when you accepted Jason’s so easily? You apologized for voting Jason (confirmed scum) but immediately didn’t buy HH’s claim. I'd expect Town to give a Cop claim more consideration than you seem to have.
2. Why did you immediately attack Vezo after your rather stupid Fakehammer gambit backfired? You can’t think that your gambit is going to be credible (and thus elicit reaction from HH) and not think others will think it is credible too.

THINGS I NEED TO DO IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

Look at Jason’s ISO to see who he suspected and ‘accused’.
Look at a VC analysis since we have a scum-flip.

Those who are under my initial suspicion today

Chesskid – as mentioned above.
Jenni and Ademisk – I’m not liking the way that they ‘cleared’ each other yesterday. Additionally Jenni’s constant suggestions that scum would be people other than main characters strikes me as possible scum seeking to obfuscate the truth. Especially given that scum couldn’t have expected Jason to turn up dead.

MOD - I'll be V/LA from 4pm EDT today until Monday for normal weekend family duties.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:07 am

Post by chesskid3 »

1.shrug, replace 'quicklynch' with 'instead of hunting scum focusing on chess' then. Same thing.
2. Flips give information based on pairings look at who lead HH lynch, who HH fingered, etc.
3. Because if we get to lylo with vezok alive we're fucked, because a joint win is possible. So it needs to be dealt with. Also refrain from putting anyone at L-1 if Vezok isn't already voting, since he's going to do that shit again.
4. When jenni said "bad shit will happen if i die" or something like that + walt nameclaim = BP softclaim.
1. I didn't dismiss HH's. I fakehammered, wanting to see what HH/others said in what they thought would be Twilight. Obv that didn't work, but oh fucking well.
2. Because who the hell votes after a hammer? seriously? He knew he was the hammer, and I'm not buying his bullshit. I believe he's the lyncher, so there's no point in lynching him, but I would really appreciate it if he were vigged.

My FoS's right now would be TL's slot (now Agar), and Ademisk. Jenni is higher on my townscale than ademisk, and I don't see both town, because that makes two sets of mutual clears if I haven't misunderstood something.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:11 am

Post by jenniwren »

FaraSera's flip blows a hole in my theory that Dram/BC are Sun and Jin who had the lovers role and that the death of one would mean the death of the other--which would have explained why Dram would claim what he did about not killing BC until the end (with that comment implying he maybe wasn't sure about BC's alignment but knew of consequences related to killing him). Basically I was thinking that Sun and Jin / Walt and Michael / Boone and Shannon were the only linked pairs in S1; Boone was a fake claim of Vezok, which probably eliminates a B&S pair, and since I was Walt, I knew Dram/BC weren't the W&M pair, leaving only S&J as a linked pair. I couldn't think of any other reason Dram would have been so certain about BC, and that's why I didn't question what he said.

Anyway...that theory is busted.

Prev. Edit: <snip much longer post>

MoI: I don't think I ever said main characters couldn't be scum, but I was concerned that there were peripheral characters who might be scum with different agendas as I was primarily concerned about one of them targeting Walt based on the Ethan/Claire interaction.
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Jenni, you aren't skirting the recent development of chesskid FoS's, are you? Thoughts?
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 am

Post by jenniwren »

That wasn't what I snipped.
Daughter of the Forest
~
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Hey cool.
Not dead yet.
Let's do other stupid stuff.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 am

Post by jenniwren »

And I can't 100% clear anyone but my myself; but I did say it would be an unfair scum advantage if scum-Adem had all my info.
jenniwren wrote:Yeah...pretty obvious who I am now. I can't/couldn't verify Adem's role/flavor, but see why it makes sense that he knows all of mine? And why I would think someone might have it? And why I was so concerned about Walt early on in the game? My fear is that someone is Tom whose win-condition is to get Walt. That's ONE reason I didn't want to be outted. <snip> That's why I am willing to unvote Adem: I can't see how his knowing my information and flavor would help him satisfy scum win condition at all without it being hugely unfair to the town.
Daughter of the Forest
~
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Chess wrote:1.shrug, replace 'quicklynch' with 'instead of hunting scum focusing on chess' then. Same thing.
Did you get a little too comfortable with FSHydra’s claim that you were obv-Town Day 1 and didn’t expect to be questioned? Because simply asserting that you aren’t scum as if it’s a given I find questionable.

And the phrases you suggested are equivalent are not. Quicklynch has a clear negative connotation.
Chess wrote:2. Flips give information based on pairings look at who lead HH lynch, who HH fingered, etc.
This is pretty much basic Mafia knowledge so including him on the list of things to look at is at best superfluous.
Chess wrote:3. Because if we get to lylo with vezok alive we're fucked, because a joint win is possible. So it needs to be dealt with. Also refrain from putting anyone at L-1 if Vezok isn't already voting, since he's going to do that shit again.
Vezok being alive today doesn’t mean he will be at LYLO. So your point is moot at this juncture.
Chess wrote:4. When jenni said "bad shit will happen if i die" or something like that + walt nameclaim = BP softclaim.
There are other interpretations. I hope, however, that xReckx would not be so bastardlike to put a Beloved Princess in a 12 person game when it already has a Lyncher and isn’t so PR heavy that Town needs to be counterbalanced in some way.
Chess wrote:1. I didn't dismiss HH's.
The phrase “I don’t believe you.” is dismissive. You can claim it was part of your ‘fake-hammer strategy.

Why did you put a potential Town Cop at risk with your gambit? Why didn’t you look to use it on Jason?
Chess wrote:2. Because who the hell votes after a hammer? seriously? He knew he was the hammer, and I'm not buying his bullshit.
People do it all the time here on MS. I’ve seen it more than I can count on two hands. And how do you know that Vezok knew it was the hammer?

Again if you expected it to work on HH to get twilight opinions how can you say with a straight face that Vezok wasn’t fooled but a smarter player would be?

Seriously I didn’t like HH’s play Day 1 but he’s not a VI like Vezo.
jenni wrote:FaraSera's flip blows a hole in my theory that Dram/BC are Sun and Jin who had the lovers role and that the death of one would mean the death of the other--which would have explained why Dram would claim what he did about not killing BC until the end (with that comment implying he maybe wasn't sure about BC's alignment but knew of consequences related to killing him).
I can see a few other possible pairings but your statement here is why I asked Dram the question I did.
jenni wrote:And I can't 100% clear anyone but my myself; but I did say it would be an unfair scum advantage if scum-Adem had all my info.
1. I’m not sure you even clear yourself at this point.
2. What information has Adem proved he has other than your Role name?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 am

Post by jenniwren »

He said he had all of my info.
Ademisk wrote:Before this gets any more out of hand, I'll go and say that I too can prove I am town. I know another person's name and role, but from this thread I don't think they know me, so it could be any of you. As such, I'll lay off claiming my own role and theirs until they acknowledge this post and tell me how much of their info I can divulge.
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:14 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Did you get a little too comfortable with FSHydra’s claim that you were obv-Town Day 1 and didn’t expect to be questioned? Because simply asserting that you aren’t scum as if it’s a given I find questionable.
Actually I was wondering why he made that claim, but I filed it in the back of my mind.

Vezok being alive today doesn’t mean he will be at LYLO. So your point is moot at this juncture.
Who'se gonna kill him? Seriously, Mafia aren't going to nk him.

The phrase “I don’t believe you.” is dismissive. You can claim it was part of your ‘fake-hammer strategy.

Why did you put a potential Town Cop at risk with your gambit? Why didn’t you look to use it on Jason?

Because what else should I have said to fake-vote him? Also if Jack is mafia goon how is a flavor cop even remotely useful?
Also, idr what, but Jason had a reasonable claim/someone cleared him iirc.

Also this being my first game on MS (I replaced out of another during d1 due to time issues), I haven't seen a shitload of votes after hammers, it doesn't strike me as something that would usually be done.

Now I'm spending my time defending myself from random shit instead of finding scum, awesome.

VOTE: AGar

Reasons coming later, I remember knowing I wanted to vote him, so I'll do an ISO of TL and him.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:
AGar wrote:Well that's a peculiar "WTF" left-field moment.

Wow, that's the _only_ thing you remember as scummy at all from D1, and yet you were away for the end of D1?

I think you read back, saw a few people point out that they didn't like my fakehammer, and you're trying for a quicklynch. Care to respond?

None of this is at all worthy of any note? Seriously?
It stood out. Sorry that I didn't go through the end of D1 with a microscope and read every word and think up what the 30 different intonations and inflections could be.

- HH I wanted lynched. He claimed, people hammered, end of story. I'll go back and iso him if I feel it's relevant, but it doesn't seem like he will be. He attacked Vezo half the day then used PoE with people that had been cleared for whatever reasons.
- TL is my slot. I said once before, I disagree with his actions. If that makes me scummy, then whatever.
- Vezok is claiming lyncher. It's a waste of a town lynch but he does no real harm to scum, especially with his behavior. It seems beneficial to them to keep him around, no?
- Jenni isn't dead. I didn't get a Beloved Princess soft-claim, but then again, I've never seen the case. You trying to WIFOM the town into a mislynch on Jenni?

God I'm glad I made that vote. Then the "I'm going to vote you, then go dig up reasons why," is really good, Chess.

- MoI, that's kinda what I meant with my statement.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

that sarcasm there doesn't help your ranking in my books. You completely ignored my question about what of every single other thing that happened in D1 did you remember, suggesting you only care about surviving day to day, and not what happens during the day.

You just seize on my fakehammer, and it's off to the races.

Also Jenni being alive + you not seeing the softclaim doesn't help your case either. I know I hate this kind of statement, but were I mafia, I would have tried hard to get Jenni killed because of this. But yeah, \end WIFOM argument.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”