Mad World: Time Travel Mafia (Game Over)

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:06 am

Post by SharkFinn »

I gotcha now. Atm, KL is scummiest acting, Mafuyu is acting more town today, but result is pretty scummy...

Expectations: KL flips mafia tracker/godfather, Mafuyu flips sk.

UNVOTE:

Both are scum in my PoV. Willing to listen on LMP's opinion on who to lynch. Mafuyu has hard evidence + prev behavior to make her scummy. KL has a scummy claim and ultrascummy behavior. Especially what I found in his ISO. Either he had null tells on every player, had tons of town tells, or hypocritical scum.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by KageLord »

SharkFinn wrote:@KL: So many null tells, sooooo many null tells. You missed the fact that A: I've been one of the most active players and B: I have been open and honest about my actions each night. Care to explain your recent surge in activity? I mean D3 you did nothing, especially when you were accused scum by LMP and Mafuyu. Now D4, when I lead the case against you, you suddenly are active and desperately making me look like scum. Care to explain?
A: This explains the number of null tells. I don't see it as an excuse for the scum tells though, so... I don't know why you mention it.

B: I can see how this might be a town tell, but it could also be scum trying to look like a town PR. WIFOM aside, I consider that a null-minor town tell. Besides, my claim is open and honest about all of my night actions so far too. I was wondering why an earlyclaimed PR even made it this long anyway.

Increased activity is a null tell. There are a large number of things that determine activity, so to presume that alignment is the major factor would be foolish. For one thing, my other games are in nighttime (except maybe one, which I haven't paid much attention to anyway). For another thing, D3 my real life was a lot more active. That would be when I actually went outside and had multiple basketball and soccer games a week and went to friends' houses and parties. At this point, almost all of my friends have already parted ways for college, so I don't have much to do. But that's out-of-game stuff, which doesn't really belong here. Which is why using activity (other than major lurking/active lurking) as a tell is not so useful.
SharkFinn wrote:
ISO 33: First, unhappy because 2 townie lovers died with lynched scum (and NKed scum). Second, happy because 2 scum are dead. Third, says LMP is #1 suspect. I don't see why a townie would be unhappy about dead lovers with 2 dead scum. Seems like a great deal to me. It might be explained by Anon being one of the dead lovers and SF following Anon a lot at this point. Null-minor scum tell.
2 initial thoughts on your ISO:

1. You mention this post as scummy, but I fail to see the reason. Yes lovers are down, but
Anon, the most pro-town player at the time, died
. Hmm....Why are you so happy about that?
First, notice that I put it as null-minor scum tell. To me, that means it's just barely worth mention. Second, why wouldn't I, who wants the town to win, be happy? I imagine that lovers near endgame can be absolutely dreadful for town. "Oh, we're safe from lylo this day by 1 player, so we don't need to be super cautious." Then 2 townies die instead of 1 and town loses. Also, in my books, 2 scum for 2 not-so-helpful town PRs is fantastic. Even though Anon did seem quite helpful in scumhunting, I'm pretty sure he would be fine with taking a scum down with him.
SharkFinn wrote:
KageLord wrote: I chose this part of your post in particular to look at since he is one of the leading wagons right now and actually the one I was rethinking when you posted. Originally I thought most of the case against him was BS. For example, I still don't think that him voting the dead gandalf is a scumtell (or towntell). After looking at your first 2 points, I still saw some leeway for him to be just a bit newbie town wanting to seem important for being on a wagon, but combined with the 3rd point, it does seem like he is just jumping from wagon to wagon while always leaving the door open to jump back. He tries to move to TheLonging wagon for starting the Tasky wagon while still being able to go back to Tasky and say, "I never fully cleared him of suspicion for that." (and he later does go back to Tasky). He does the same kind of thing with RC, which is staying on the fence about him while checking out other wagons or going for lurkers.

I also want RC to stop active lurking though. I don't necessarily think he's scum for it (it's hard to tell, since he always seems to exhibit that no matter what his alignment is), but it's still anti-town. I wouldn't be too disappointed if he is the one lynched (though I don't intend to vote for him).
Right now, I'm going for who I think is most scummy, not anti-town...

Vote: SharkFinn
2. You put me at nulltells(and like 1 minor towntell) up to this post. I had already been voted on up to L-2. You were on my wagon saying I am the most scummy player. You sir are a hypocrite.
Obviously my opinion of your vote-hopping has changed. At that point, you had a lead on Mafuyu in that category. Now, Mafuyu has obviously taken the lead. And note that I do mention your vote-hopping (especially after Anon and ckd) later in the ISO and/or recap. Plus, at the time, there wasn't a strong case against anyone else. A vote-hopping case is better than none.

Besides, you wanna talk hypocritical voting, how bout unvoting LMP, saying you believe him, voting him again, later unvoting him and saying you believe him again?

SharkFinn wrote:You say Mafuyu is the scummiest, yet you made no arguments against her and focus all of your time on me. Why?

PREVIEW EDIT: @ Mafuyu: wait you saying that KL is saying that me and you are scumbuddies??? EWWW GROSS!!!
I assume the first part is referencing my recent actions (D4). If so, I have already explained this multiple times. Mafuyu's fate seems all but sealed (or at least did before I started bothering you) at this point and she will flip what she will. I'm thinking about the endgame.
As I mentioned before,
there are at least 2 killers still alive right now, so even the death of Mafuyu-scum wouldn't win us the game. If Mafuyu's SK, then who is the remaining mafia? That's a question we should be asking ourselves. And then, what if Mafuyu's actually town? We're actually kind of in mylo now, aren't we? Assuming Mafuyu is lynched and flips town and the 2 kills tonight hit 2 townies, we lose. The only hope of winning if we mislynch is if SK hits scum or scum hits SK or one or more kills are blocked.

And I hope that's not what Mafuyu's saying, since it's dead wrong. I am definitely not trying to say that Mafuyu and you are scumbuddies. If Mafuyu flips scum, my entire case against you goes kaput (since you are very probably not SK).

@Mafuyu, Clearly you don't understand optimal play. Jumping on another wagon (even though wagon-jumping has been a main point against you for a while now) is not the best move, I would think. Not to mention your premise is flawed. Why would I "bridge connectivity" at this point instead of jumping on your quicklynch wagon? My vote wouldn't look conspicuous considering the evidence against you and I probably wouldn't have to wait long for digi or Faraday to hammer. And, if you ended up flipping town, who would look the most suspicious? Probably the one that was preaching you were 100% scum. I still don't understand how you possibly think scum would want to prolong the day.

@digi, where'd you go?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 am

Post by KageLord »

SharkFinn wrote:I gotcha now. Atm, KL is scummiest acting, Mafuyu is acting more town today, but result is pretty scummy...

Expectations: KL flips mafia tracker/godfather, Mafuyu flips sk.

UNVOTE:

Both are scum in my PoV. Willing to listen on LMP's opinion on who to lynch. Mafuyu has hard evidence + prev behavior to make her scummy. KL has a scummy claim and ultrascummy behavior. Especially what I found in his ISO. Either he had null tells on every player, had tons of town tells, or hypocritical scum.
Why do you presume that I might flip GF? There hasn't even been an investigation on me.

And again, buddying up to the most town player. At least when I'm accused of buddying, it's to the least town player (and by the least town player too XD). If you need a reference as to the "again", it's Anon and ckd.
Show

Record:

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@digi: You've cleared yourself to us now. We could really use you in here. Either vote, or participate in the discussion. Doing neither is not helpful.

@Everyone: Please focus. Mafuyu was scummy as hell from pretty much D2 on (only saved yesterday by Robbnva quoting his role PM and getting modkilled). Mafuyu then claims to get blocked when targeting RC (after I claimed to be blocked after targeting RC). Then we learn Mafuyu got redirected to Empking (a player no scum would have had any reason to fear) and Empking ends up dead. Lastly, despite all evidence pointing to Mafuyu's guilt, digi shoots the only other possible SK candidate (RC), and RC flips town. Mafuyu also refuses to full claim actions, and claims an item-based JOAT which makes no sense alongside KL's non-item based JOAT (Mafuyu claims her role has to spend 1 night prepping an item, then one night using, KL can use one each night).

What does it all mean? Mafuyu is scum. Mafuyu should be lynched. You two bickering back and forth is useful for determining tomorrow's moves, but we can't forget that Mafuyu is the lynch today. Frankly either one of you could be the last scum. And I don't know if your back and forth right now is making it any clearer which one.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by KageLord »

LynchMePls wrote:@Everyone: Please focus. Mafuyu was scummy as hell from pretty much D2 on (only saved yesterday by Robbnva quoting his role PM and getting modkilled). Mafuyu then claims to get blocked when targeting RC (after I claimed to be blocked after targeting RC). Then we learn Mafuyu got redirected to Empking (a player no scum would have had any reason to fear) and Empking ends up dead. Lastly, despite all evidence pointing to Mafuyu's guilt, digi shoots the only other possible SK candidate (RC), and RC flips town. Mafuyu also refuses to full claim actions, and claims an item-based JOAT which makes no sense alongside KL's non-item based JOAT (Mafuyu claims her role has to spend 1 night prepping an item, then one night using, KL can use one each night).

What does it all mean? Mafuyu is scum. Mafuyu should be lynched. You two bickering back and forth is useful for determining tomorrow's moves, but we can't forget that Mafuyu is the lynch today. Frankly either one of you could be the last scum. And I don't know if your back and forth right now is making it any clearer which one.
Ultimately a very good point. I'm still prepared to vote Mafuyu for today's lynch. I just think we should perhaps wait for Faraday and digi to come back first. Or at least just digi. If Faraday's VT, I guess it won't really matter if (s)he misses Night anyway.
Show

Record:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

VOTE: Mafuyu

Then let's get on with it then, geez. Taking 10 years to lynch, when it's obvious at this point.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by diginova »

LynchMePls wrote:@digi: You've cleared yourself to us now. We could really use you in here. Either vote, or participate in the discussion. Doing neither is not helpful.
Sorry, I've been busy due to another year of class starting. I'll probably make it official and
V/LA next 26 hours
, but I'll get in a read of the last 10 pages and a vote.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by KageLord »

diginova wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:@digi: You've cleared yourself to us now. We could really use you in here. Either vote, or participate in the discussion. Doing neither is not helpful.
Sorry, I've been busy due to another year of class starting. I'll probably make it official and
V/LA next 26 hours
, but I'll get in a read of the last 10 pages and a vote.
Alrighty, then I'll very probably drop the hammer (if your vote is for Mafuyu) after you're done.
Show

Record:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 am

Post by SharkFinn »

Why must you be the one to hammer? You trying to set it up so someone else hammers which gives you plausible deniability regardless of whatever Mafuyu flips? Words mean nothing. Time to act.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:33 am

Post by KageLord »

SharkFinn wrote:Why must you be the one to hammer? You trying to set it up so someone else hammers which gives you plausible deniability regardless of whatever Mafuyu flips? Words mean nothing. Time to act.
... Is this serious or are you joking?

1. No. This would be a pretty stupid way to set it up so I'm not the one hammering. Since I said my vote already, it doesn't matter in that regard if Mafuyu flips town. I'll be just as in the wrong as the other people in the wagon.

2. I can't hammer right now, only put Mafuyu at L-1. But, as digi wants more time to read (and frankly I wouldn't mind that either), there is no need for me to rush a vote.
Show

Record:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am

Post by SharkFinn »

1. Hypothetically, you could retract saying that you "changed your mind" and didnt want to hammer as your reason for not hammering and "letting" someone else like Faraday or Digi to hammer.

2. But you can still vote and let digi hammer when he's ready.

3. Just gaging reactions out of you. Thank you very much for taking the test. The results shall be posted up tomorrow after you flip scum. :P
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by KageLord »

SharkFinn wrote:1. Hypothetically, you could retract saying that you "changed your mind" and didnt want to hammer as your reason for not hammering and "letting" someone else like Faraday or Digi to hammer.

2. But you can still vote and let digi hammer when he's ready.

3. Just gaging reactions out of you. Thank you very much for taking the test. The results shall be posted up tomorrow after you flip scum. :P
1. Yeah, I suppose... but then I would look hella scummy. So that's not really an option for town or scum. Also, digi couldn't be the one to hammer if he's giving the L-1 vote. >>

2. Eh, I could. But what's your rush? It's not going to happen before digi gets back anyway.

3. Lol, we'll see. My night action has a pretty good chance of catching scum and/or SK, so... if it works, I'll pretty much be cleared.
Show

Record:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

KageLord wrote:3. Lol, we'll see. My night action has a pretty good chance of catching scum and/or SK, so... if it works, I'll pretty much be cleared.
Good. Let's hope so.
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Is there anything Mafuyu might have forgotten to say?
Guh. The words.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by diginova »

KageLord wrote:3. Lol, we'll see. My night action has a pretty good chance of catching scum and/or SK, so... if it works, I'll pretty much be cleared.
A "pretty good chance"? It seemed like earlier when you quasi-claimed it you didn't want to full claim as the activity would tell both the scum and SK tomorrow:
I've never seen this kind of power before and if it's blocked, it will be revealed that it was blocked in-thread the next day by the mod (I had to ask the mod if it was revealed by him even if I was dead). If I'm alive tomorrow or it's revealed that I was blocked, we will know our scum and SK.
Was it just an overstatement originally or can you really guarantee finding all our enemies tomorrow?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by KageLord »

diginova wrote:
A "pretty good chance"? It seemed like earlier when you quasi-claimed it you didn't want to full claim as the activity would tell both the scum and SK tomorrow:
I've never seen this kind of power before and if it's blocked, it will be revealed that it was blocked in-thread the next day by the mod (I had to ask the mod if it was revealed by him even if I was dead). If I'm alive tomorrow or it's revealed that I was blocked, we will know our scum and SK.
Was it just an overstatement originally or can you really guarantee finding all our enemies tomorrow?
Thinking back, that was an overstatement. I thought about how it could play out more and realized that if a certain circumstance occurs, they may be able to talk their way out of it. You will understand what I mean tomorrow and you can decide then if I'm full of it or not.
Show

Record:

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 am

Post by diginova »

After reading through the last 10 pages, I may be being led on here, but I will give KageLord one day to prove his claim.

VOTE: Mafuyu
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:15 am

Post by ooba »

..] Vote Count [..

Mafuyu (3)
- LynchMePls, SharkFinn, diginova
SharkFinn (0)

KageLord (1)
- Mafuyu
LynchMePls (0)

diginova (0)

Faraday (0)

Not voting (2)
- Faraday, KageLord

With 6 alive, its 4 to lynch!
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Mafuyu »

Last words: N1 was a vig-get. KL soft-claiming information role with a confirmed redirector implies either a lie or a target-less ability, possibly providing light weight towards SF-town argument. Diginova just coasted. Observe which of the two remaining players hammer. Go town.
Guh. The words.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:47 am

Post by KageLord »

Well, like I said, we'll see tomorrow. In the meantime, as promised...

Vote: Mafuyu
Show

Record:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:29 am

Post by SharkFinn »

For every rainbow
Arrives the storm
Raining over
A hardbeaten
Day.
As today ends
Yesterday lasts.

Today ends Mafuyu, Tomorrow will be then end of this game.

(dont I sound poetic?)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:24 am

Post by ooba »

Mafuyu,
Michael Jennings (Paycheck)
, Town Item-Specialist lynched Day Four.

Class: Time-Traveler

It is now Night 5. Get all actions in by September 8 4:00 P.M GMT
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by ooba »

To be edited in ..
ooba