hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by hiphop »

Benmage wrote:Hip hop if you claimed and I missed it in my quick read of the game, than yeah link it. Otherwise stop fucking wasting my time and claim.
Did you at read the thread and find out, why I wasn't lynched? Happy?
Benmage wrote:We are lynching today, because I am still here. Tomorrow you can debate the no lynch.
We are not lynching today because it is the smart play.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh right geeeze. And yet your ability was gained after the BP died...right right right...

Equinox than. You claim.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Equinox »

Cap'n Crunch is loved by many, but he can do naught but "crunch-a-tize" his fans. In other words, I am a vanilla townie.

SpyreX, claim.

XScorpion, scummy enough to overrule any other scum reads you had? >_>

More later.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Benmage »

Yo, E quick question when you got the chance.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Benmage »

WHy Spy, and who do you think is scum?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm a One-shot Jailer. My satis-Smatck-tion cancels all ability(ies) that night and protects them from killing actions.

Jenni now.

And:
What is the difference between this game and this one?
You mean the game where we claimed at mylo? After I said it was massclaim time?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:WHy Spy, and who do you think is scum?
I wanted some insight into why he's been acting the way he has. Given his claim now, top 2 would be Kirbyoshi and XScorpion. I can't wrap my head around why a town XScorpion would shoot xvart, and Kirbyoshi is a gut read. Kirbyoshi hasn't posted today, and I have half a mind to suggest a speedy No Lynch.

This V/LA is going to be extended by a few hours, so insert my brand new signature of "More Later" here.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Equinox »

Actually, scratch what I said about Kirbyoshi. Looked at him in iso, what irked me before doesn't irk me now given the flips.

I also don't know why I was so against the XScorpion lynch yesterday. I feel stupid now. >_<
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 am

Post by jenniwren »

I'm Sugar Bear, a Vanilla Townie. You can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp, but lots of sugar is all I've got.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:20 am

Post by jenniwren »

EBWODP: SSBF, your turn.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Equinox »

Something just occurred to me... and it's going to change my reads on people. Scratch what I said in posts 531 and 532 until later tonight when I'm able to write up a bigger post and look up references. (No, can't reveal it now, so please don't ask me until I make the post. kthx)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Equinox »

OH, SCREW THIS. I SUCK AT MAFIA.

Forget post 535. My revelation doesn't hold water.

Been a while since I did this, but I am not going to vote in this current game state.

FoS: jenniwren

Let me get this straight. You claimed to have left breadcrumbs "all over the place" on Day 1 to substantiate a
vanilla townie
claim? Man, that's anticlimactic. Not even scum day-talk could save you from being inconsistent, eh?

FoS: hiphop

I gave hiphop flavor points, but in light of this, I'm resetting all flavor brownie points to zero. What I fail to understand even now is how a one-shot nurse backed up a
bulletproof
. From my point-of-view, if that claim is true, this borders on bastard modding. What irks me even more is hiphop's response to my surprise is incongruous with what someone faking a claim would do, but his claim does not align with my understanding of the game's mechanics. Blargh.

FoS: XScorpion

When XScorpion is questioned about his vig choice, what does he do? He points to me and says, and I paraphrase, "Well, Equinox said so!" No.

xvart's hammer was weird. I will grant you that. However, there were other targets that, in my opinion, deserved the vig more than xvart. The hammer warranted interrogation on Day 3 and not much more.

This is what I'm thinking. Scum knew XScorpion had to pick his targets carefully because of his claim. His buddies were out of the question. XScorpion wasn't going to get away with another roleblock claim. The next best thing was xvart. After all, once xvart flipped town, XScorpion could just point to someone else and say he just agreed with their assessment.

Protip: Town vigs own up to their mistakes.

That was in alphabetical order, so let me reorder this as:

XScorpion > jenniwren > hiphop

I will address everyone else later when we finish with this mass claim business.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Equinox »

J > H in the alphabet. :lol:

This is why we go to school, kids.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Remind me when this claiming is finished that there is a VERY IMPORTANT question I have to ask.

VERY IMPORTANT

P.S. prods
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:Remind me when this claiming is finished that there is a VERY IMPORTANT question I have to ask.

VERY IMPORTANT

P.S. prods
Ditto for me too, but you can go first Spy.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Equinox »

SpyreX wrote:Remind me when this claiming is finished that there is a VERY IMPORTANT question I have to ask.

VERY IMPORTANT
Save it in Drafts, then. >_>
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh I wont forget the question. I just may forget to ask it if I'm not reminded what with the speedy speeds.
Show

Proud member of BaM
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 am

Post by jenniwren »

All I meant was that I said, repeatedly, on D1, that I was town. The closest I ever came to claiming VT was in post 169 in a response to SSBF.
jenniwren wrote:Better rolefishing, but still rolefishing. Think about what you would say if someone said this to you no mater what your town-aligned role might be (anything from a PR to a VT). There is no way to respond to that. Let's just leave it at this: Lynching me won't help town win-con, and scum already know that. The only thing my death would achieve would be to help town eliminate a possible scum suspect, though at the same time it will reduce the number of town-aligned players.
Sorry it's not climactic enough for you. All I have ever been in this game is VT.
Daughter of the Forest
~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Equinox »

Never have I seen a defense fall so flat.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

DO NOT GET DISTRACTED.

AS STUPID AS IT SOUNDS I DO NOT WANT TALK TALK UNTIL THE CLAIM IS DONE.

TRUST
Show

Proud member of BaM
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am

Post by jenniwren »

What else can I say?
Daughter of the Forest
~
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

First off, I apoligize for not posting yesterday. I had a post coming up, but it got deleted and since I had (And still have) a ton of homework to catch up on, I did not have time to make another one.

I am a Vanilla Townie. No one can dislike my O's but they can't kill scum.

Kirbyoshi, you're next.

Responding to SpyreX's response to me that isn't outdated due to the flips.
SpyreX wrote:Meta. Is. Retarded. The desire to supplement a case means the case is there regardless. Going OHH meta does nothing and its a waste of time in 9 out of 10 cases and IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS I'd make a dayvig that could only kill people with the word 'meta' in their posts.
Fair enough. While I still do disagree with meta being useless in almost all cases, I can see where you are coming from.
SpyreX wrote:Like saying you have no scum reads? A statement that, *gasp*, makes little sense because of the nature of the blowback it gets?

Is that the strongest of scum tells?

Pushing through a mislynch and then slinking into the shadows IS SCUMMY. I don't know where you're gettign this be-all, end-all of scum tells attempt at painting this like something else but tech work there.
Saying that you don't have a scum read is surely a big scum tell. Scums do not need scum reads because they already have the information that tells them who is part of there alignment and who isn't. Pushing a mislynch and slinking into the shadow is bad, but not giving out scum reads with sufficent explanation is much worse.
SpyreX wrote:Props on "Ohh that's a good post but he's still scum".
Just because a person makes a good post does not mean that the person cannot be scum. When I do reads, I look at the content and see if it resembles more of a scum play or more of a town play. To do this, I look at the magnitude and frequency of the scum/town tells and determind my read from there. If the person is the scummiest, I will vote for that person unless someone else scummier comes up.

XScorpion wrote:Oops.
I shot him.
Absolutely hated this choice of kill. xvart was declared a town read by a majority of people and was a valueable asset to town. With your kill, you wasted it on someone that could have continued to help the town. The wording of this post doesn't give me good feelings either.
XScorpion wrote:Seeing as how no one gave me suggestions for who to shoot, I took this as one. I agreed with Equinox that the hammer seemed scummy.
This explanation sucks. I don't see how xvart's hammer was scummy enough to warrant a vig kill. Had he quick hammered someone at the beginning of yesterday, then this would be understandable. But we were litterally hours away from the deadline and No Lynching then would have been horrible. Also, xvart did express suspicion on Robocopter87 before the deadline so he still hammered one of his suspects.

Regarding hiphop's #500: It doesn't convince me that XScorpion can't be scum, but it does open up a possibility of XScorpion-town. This also helps me agree with hiphop in where we should No Lynch.

Regarding lynching: I don't think we should lynch today. If we are going to lynch today, as today is probably Mylo, we should be absolutely confident that a person will flip scum. Another reason why I want to No Lynch today is because even if we hit scum today, we're going to have to No Lynch anyway. Assuming a three scums set-up, if no lynch today, tomorrow, given a three scums set-up, we have a 42.50% chance of hitting scum. Lynching scum today and no lynching tomorrow will give us a 40.00% chance of hitting scum the following day.

Basically, I want town to have the best chance of winning this game and lynching scum tomorrow will give us the best chance at us lynching scum.

After everyone has claimed, I will give out my reads on everyone based on what has happened and the claims.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What part of NO TALK TALK UNTIL CLAIMS ARE DONE is so hard?
Show

Proud member of BaM
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by XScorpion »

If you guys would have preferred another target maybe you should have gave suggestions like on day 1. Oops nope, no one did that, so suck it.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by hiphop »

SpyreX wrote:You mean the game where we claimed at mylo? After I said it was massclaim time?
No, I am talking about how in mylo you immeadiately said we are not lynching today. Either way it is stupid to claim now. Why? Why claim when in mylo the only right thing to do is no-lynch? Why give Pr's away? :roll: So scum, here are are our Pr's. Take your best shot.

Hiphop to Jenni. Are you there? Will you reply back to this?

Isn't it odd that Jenni is asking everyone else, and seems so exited, about who they think is scum, yet won't do it herself? Having doubts about her. She seemed so townie in the beginning.

I doubt it scum I am saying it right now, my role was activated last night. There is no way you and I exist togther. And do you "claim" to already have used your role?

Equinox- How do you expect me to know that there was a protective role? Most, in fact all that I have seen, are activated because the doctor dies. Mine role said protective, so that is the word that I used when making the claim. Not only that, but it was Snap that was a protective role. If you once again look at my claim you will find that my role flavor said I have always followed Snap and Crackle, and don't have the courage to go out on my own until the protective role dies. Being that it was Snap, makes all the more sense, since I have always followed snap.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”