Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Christ. This isn't hard, people, which is why I don't get why you and Untrod can't figure this out. As I said, I found you both scummy individually. The typical thing to do when you find people scummy individually is to look and see if the people make sense as buddies together, and imo, you did for the most part because of your lack of interactions. The only thing that gave me pause on that was Untrod's recent thoughts about you - my expectation was that if he was scum with you, he might just bus you at this point rather than defend you considering the fact that you already reached L-1, etc. So at this point, I'm thinking either you're both scum or one of you is scum. Given what I've read, I feel pretty confident that there is scum in at least one of {Untrod, Zodiark}, and I'm trying to figure out which is the more likely.
My point still stands. If you find me and Untrod scummy due to lack of interaction, then you must find yourself scummy by the same reasoning.
Can I get your thoughts on Untrod Tripod?
To be perfectly honest, my only thought is that LMP is hardcore tunneling on him. If you want something more, I'll go and have a look back.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Tazaro »

LMP's tunneling Untrod Tripod, but I don't agree with that tunneling; it's to easy to tunnel.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 225, Zodiark13 wrote:My point still stands. If you find me and Untrod scummy due to lack of interaction, then you must find yourself scummy by the same reasoning.

In response to the other stuff: please do go back and have a look at him, yes.

Post 226, Tazaro wrote:LMP's tunneling Untrod Tripod, but I don't agree with that tunneling; it's to easy to tunnel.
I don't understand the point of this. Whether or not it's easy to tunnel is irrelevant; what
is
relevant is whether or not said tunneling is founded or not. I don't get why it's so hard for you to just give me a simple "yes, I think UT is scummy" or "no, he looks town to me" and a reasoning for your answers.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 am

Post by podium123456 »

Zodiark13 wrote: I felt that my 178 answered other such accusations, and I saw no reason to repeat myself. You did nothing but point to old questions. You want more answers, you ask more questions.

I think that's everything. If not, ask away, and please don't point to old questions. If I haven't already answered, chances are I didn't/don't see the question.
I'll repeat... whether or not TDC acted scummy when he replaced in has NO bearing on the specific conclusion you reached about Dr. P. You said that the only person that would rage-quit like that was a super mega obvious scum (paraphrasing). Why have you changed your mind?

TDC's activity doesn't change the fact that Dr. P rage quit... and you stated that someone rage quitting like that was obviously a scum.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Untrod Tripod ain't giving me any scum tells.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Incognito »

PROGRESS! :D

Now if I could just get some reasoning out of you, I think I just might be able to sleep tonight without the use of diphenhydramine.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Incognito wrote:PROGRESS! :D

Now if I could just get some reasoning out of you, I think I just might be able to sleep tonight without the use of diphenhydramine.
I'm sorry about this, but I have played in this forum only since July, and Untrod Tripod was scum in a game that's now over, so I'm inclined to believe he's town now :mrgreen: .
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ok cool. So it's meta. I've glanced over that game, and I see that he was scum. What did he do differently there that he hasn't done here? What should I be looking for?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I have a feeling Untrod Tripod may answer be best served to answer that question. I c him browsing, but don't know if he's in another game in Coney Island
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Incognito »

All righty. I'll give it my own look when I get a chance too.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'd like to apologize at the beginning of this for it being such a mammoth of a post.

Ok, first I'll respond to the meta thing:
I don't really know if I can answer for how I look in meta. I mean, every game is different and I don't think I'm really the best person to answer how I looked in that game to Taz. Honestly, it's generally my feeling that I'd be a little less careful in general as scum because I know the alignments of the other players in the game, so I'd be more inclined to attack someone in an all-out manner. As town (like in this game), I have a tendency to turtle and not want to make any strong statements on the alignments of others in the game. Especially after I help mislynch someone (see: my perceived wishy-washiness after the ABR lynch [post 166]).

Honestly I think it'd be more helpful if people OTHER than me were to give you an answer on my meta. But I don't know that meta would even be useful in this case because I only have one recent completed game, and I don't think that's really enough information to tell you "how I act" as scum or town.

fine, moving on....
Why? Because I said way back in post 133 that LMP is tunneling me, and while tunneling isn't
always
bad, I think in this case it is.

What I'm going to do next is repost every single thing LMP has had to say about me
Are you gonna make a judgment about something else then perhaps? This post was incredibly wishy-washy. You wanna take a stand on anything? Post 60 was a big ball of saying nothing in as many words as possible.
Vote: untrod tripod
Translation: UT is scum because he's wishy-washy and made a post that I thought didn't say anything
Asked and never answered. Please answer this UT.
Still love my vote. I'm sympathetic to an ABR wagon though, for the "hammer".
Translation: I still think UT is scum because he didn't answer a question I asked
My original point wasn't that you weren't posting, its that you were saying a lot of words without actually taking a stance on anything. Interesting to note that you thought my vote on you was because you weren't posting and that you have since changed that though.
This is just kind of nonsensical, imo, and you can read my post 133 for more on what I had to say on the matter
I think Untrod Tripod is scum, but apparently no one else agrees or even feels the need to comment, and he seems reluctant to answer my questions, so I'm announcing my willingness to hammer ABR.
Translation: I think UT is scum because he's scum. Also he's wishy washy, and I didn't like his answers.
UT is whishy-washy fence sitting again. What a shock.
Translation: UT is wishy-washy, and therefore scum.
Wow, I'm just going to have to get used to hating your posting style I guess. More wishy-washy words like "I think Taz jumps to the top of my scumlist" and "Taz is twitching my scumdar and I'm still iffy on TDC...". Do you ever commit to anything? And do you have a link to a recent scum game for me?
Translation: Your playstyle sucks.
Oh, and what does it mean when someone "twitches" your scumdar. Is that more than a ping? Lower than a tap? Inbetween a flip and pull?
Translation: Your playstyle sucks.
Thank god, sanity has been brought to this game. I've been barking up this tree for awhile with absolutely 0 help.
Unvote Vote: Untrod Tripod
Translation: Someone is finally validating my tunneling! I will pretend it's made sense all along!

What is there to love there, exactly? In his posts on me, he's pretty much said "you're wishy-washy, therefore you're scummy". You know what, previous to now, I was pretty much ignoring LMP's tunneling. I figured it had a purpose, which was to see if I would crack under being told over and over that my playstyle is bad. You know what? I don't think I'm being "wishy washy", I think I'm just more cautious than LMP likes (if his pressure on me is in fact not just a ploy to get a reaction).

My thoughts are that if you like LMP's "case" on me, you either didn't read it, or you're hoping no one else will. He's pretty much done nothing in terms of scumhunting me other than saying that I'm wishy-washy and therefore scum or insulting my playstyle.
Tell you what, I'll go through the game and call everyone out on every single thing they've ever said and not followed up on. Oh wait, that would be a total dick move and wouldn't help us catch scum. Yeah, I made a comment that I didn't follow up on. Here's a thought: maybe I didn't think that it was time yet to look on that wagon for scum. Did you consider that maybe I was saying that if we looked at the blaze wagon, the ABR wagon and whatever went on today, we could probably find a correlation and/or telling vote patterns? Yeah, that was a rhetorical question and I'm really trying to say that I think that is a weaksauce point to call me out on.
Christ. This isn't hard, people, which is why I don't get why you and Untrod can't figure this out. As I said, I found you both scummy individually. The typical thing to do when you find people scummy individually is to look and see if the people make sense as buddies together, and imo, you did for the most part because of your lack of interactions. The only thing that gave me pause on that was Untrod's recent thoughts about you - my expectation was that if he was scum with you, he might just bus you at this point rather than defend you considering the fact that you already reached L-1, etc. So at this point, I'm thinking either you're both scum or one of you is scum. Given what I've read, I feel pretty confident that there is scum in at least one of {Untrod, Zodiark}, and I'm trying to figure out which is the more likely.
I think I covered this a little in an earlier post, but since you rebuked Zodiark about this a few posts ago, I think I should revisit. So what you're saying is that you found us scummy individually, so what you did is see if we could be buddies together. Which it seemed like we probably are because we didn't have much to say to each other... Let's go back to the post that Zodiark and I commented on that this is related to
After reading both Untrod Tripod's and Zodiark's play individually and then trying to put their play together in the big picture, I really thought I saw a strong potential for the two of them to be scum with one another. Their interactions are pretty textbook "two-scum in a game" behavior; they barely mention each other, they haven't voted for one another (aside from Zodiark's RVS vote on UT), and they've had similar suspicions on people who I think stand a stronger chance of being town than scum at this point.
I'd be fine with this except Untrod's latest post where he states that he doesn't think Zodiark is scum worries the shit out of me - I'd kind of expect an Untrod-scum to go into hyper-bus mode at that point considering the fact that Zodiark is at L-1 with seemingly no way out of it. If they're scum together, he could be going for the "oh shit, I was just wrong about him" route, but it's still something that concerns me.
Ok, I'll give you that we might have misinterpreted what you said, but your point was after reading us and trying to put us together (and subsequently finding hardly anything to comment on) you figured that we must both be scum. This looks like you're saying that the fact that I didn't have anything to say to Zodiark is a scumtell on me, which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Also, in reading your comments about why Zodiark and I are scum, I really didn't find a whole lot, and it seemed like a reasonable leap that you were therefore saying that a big part of of your cause was our [lack of] interaction. I really don't think that makes a whole lot of sense, but then again, I don't think your case on me makes a whole lot of sense, so maybe I'm missing something big. Also I find it weird that you said "yeah, you didn't bus him, which I think is what you would do, but I still think you're scum". There's no connection you can comment on and I didn't scum-bus him...so obviously we're scum....right...
Incognito wrote:I could respond to that whole post in great dealer than this, but I get the feeling most of you wouldn't read it.
This isn't directly related to my case, but I find this kind of statement really annoying. I'm assuming that everyone else in the game is going to read my whole post, and you should expect they'll read whatever you write too. The implication here is "yeah, I could make a much better case, but it'd be lost on you people, so forget it". You're implying that you have a lot more on me than I think you actually do.
Incognito wrote:A lot of your other responses and questions can be explained by probability and my thoughts on how I'd expect scum to act in certain situations. Obviously scum can act contrary to my expectations, but I'm just putting out my thoughts with respect to it and explaining why I think that way. Dr P's playstyle and his "my way or the highway" kind of attitude made it seem perfectly reasonable to me for him to request replacement in that kind of situation.
The content of his posting didn't necessarily raise any huge flags for me either, so I'm going with the idea that he genuinely was frustrated
and was likely town as a result
. Could scum get frustrated too? Yes, obviously. Contextually though, I think his replacement request rings more town-sided than scum-sided there.
Yeah, like I said, this is a your mileage may vary situation. I think that asking to replace after acting like a raging dickhead and being called scummy says bad things about your alignment. Let's go to my bolding, you're saying that because what he had to say didn't seem scummy to you (this, I think, is the source of our disagreement on the matter) and he got frustrated, he was town. Let's say hypothetically you thought he looked scummy, would the frustration then ring scum to you? If so, I'd have to say that I am kind of curious about why you are so sure of that slot's alignment. To me, TDC's play has been slightly town to null, and Dr Pepper's play was pretty scummy, so I am reading the frustration and replacement as scumtell.

Also, rather than saying "a lot of your responses can be explained by probability", why don't you actually just answer them?
Incognito wrote:Even if we ignore the fact that I haven't even buddied up to LMP here (I mean, I agreed with his suspicions of you, but I've also clearly said that he's currently one of my unknowns; buddying up would require me to call him town and everything), I have a tendency to buddy up regardless of my alignment.
Ok, so buddying is your tendency. Fun. Doesn't mean your intentions for doing so are innocent. You don't have to call him town to buddy up to him. Agreeing with his tunneling on me would be a fine way to do that. He's really latched onto me like a pit bull, and I think it would be a reasonable assumption that if you just get on the wagon with him, he'll have a positive reaction to that. That's buddying, imo, to jump on someone else's case when it's been such a huge part of their game (9 or so posts out of 30).
Incognito wrote:Whether or not it's easy to tunnel is irrelevant; what is relevant is whether or not said tunneling is founded or not
Correct. What I think is relevant is why you think LMP's tunneling on me is founded.

You know what, I'm actually not sure YOUR case on me is all that founded. Let's go back to the post where I think you basically have outlined your argument against me:
Incognito wrote:Untrod Tripod has bugged me because I've gotten the impression that he isn't really pushing the game along. Post 60 is a major major fence-sitting post; this was pointed out by LynchMePls, and I agree with him - it doesn't do much more than state the obvious, it doesn't take a stance on the possible alignments of the two debaters (Dr P and podium):
So fence-sitting is scummy? Ok, I can see why you and LMP are natural allies. I've said I think Dr Pepper is scummy since then, so restating that point seems...um...pointless.
Incognito wrote:There was an obvious disconnect, too, with his own description of his play and how he played here towards the end of D1; he claimed to be this cautious player who doesn't like to jump to conclusions so fast, but he was rather quick to throw the first vote out on ABR when he concluded with stating that he found ABR's play to be "anti-town". Not scummy but anti-town.
Again, you really can't have it both ways. Either I'm not cautious about my votes, or I'm wishy washy. Considering that ABR was the one bandwagon I've been a part of, I'd say I'm neither. I waited for a player to do something scummy, and then I called them on it and voted for them. I'm not talking about the "anti-town" thing again.
Incognito wrote: I believe it was podium who pointed out the problem with UT's 6th post too; the question along the bottom had already been answered, so I don't really see the purpose of it there. And considering the fact that it came only after being interrogated/voted by LynchMePls, it gave me the feeling that you were trying to appease him by "appearing active".
So I asked a pointless question. I forgot the whole "asking one pointless question is a major scumtell" school of scumhunting. It makes such perfect sense, after all.

That's pretty much all you've had to say in terms of "what makes UT scum", and you've been just asking other people to agree with you since then. Upon review of your posts and points about me, I can begrudgingly admit that you have slightly more of a case than LMP, but that's not saying much.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

Pre-Edit: I'm nor feeling well today, so I somehow missed the submit button when I fell asleep. Pretend this post arrived 5 hours earlier
podium123456 wrote: I'll repeat... whether or not TDC acted scummy when he replaced in has NO bearing on the specific conclusion you reached about Dr. P. You said that the only person that would rage-quit like that was a super mega obvious scum (paraphrasing). Why have you changed your mind?
I often act emotionally like this, both in posting and in RL, and double when I'm angry. One day I could be saying stuff like "OMG I hate you I'm never talking to you ever again" only to go back and apologize the next day. It's just how I am. Once I calm down and look at things rationally, I often think with much more sense.
In response to the other stuff: please do go back and have a look at him, yes.
As I have said, I'm feeling ill atm, once I feel better I'll go ISO him, but as it stands he is a null-tell to me.

Also, Untrod, tl;dr.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

Also, off-topic, I am finally modding, and, as you can see from the sig, I already need a replacement. PM me if you want in.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by TDC »

I'm not really in the constituion to appreciate walls of text, so..

UT: There's nothing particularly wrong defending someone you think is town.
What I think needs to be explained is why your initial reaction to Incog focuses on defending Zord rather than yourself. That is somewhat odd considering you don't seem to actually think that Zord is particularly town (or do you? why?), just that the case is crap.
In addition you should at least have waited until he could try to defend himself.

--

Zord: If any of the following happened to you/were done by you in previous games, would you mind linking?
a) Getting under pressure for abrupt and seemingly non-sensical changes of mind.
b) Getting under threat to get lynched, but not bothering to do all that much about it.

--

Incog: I can follow your case, but I find the contradictions in Zord's play to be more troubling. Can't wrap my mind about how much that came out of the blue.

--
I don't understand the following Taz-Incog conversation:
Taz wrote:I'm sorry about this, but I have played in this forum only since July, and Untrod Tripod was scum in a game that's now over, so I'm inclined to believe he's town now :mrgreen:
Now, to me, the smiley would signify that, jokingly, Taz thinks he must be town here because he was scum in the other (i.e. humorously applying a stasticis fallacy) and not that Taz has found a meta tell.
Incog wrote:Ok cool. So it's meta. I've glanced over that game, and I see that he was scum. What did he do differently there that he hasn't done here? What should I be looking for?
Incog comes to the other conclusion and asks what the tell actually is.
Taz wrote:I have a feeling Untrod Tripod may answer be best served to answer that question. I c him browsing, but don't know if he's in another game in Coney Island
Obviousloy Taz doesn't actually have such a tell, but instead of admitting it was a joke(?) suggests that UT himself should spill the beans (lol?).
Incog wrote:All righty. I'll give it my own look when I get a chance too.
Incog just accepts that Taz claims to have meta evidence of UT being town but would prefer UT to say it himself? WTF?
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

Zord: If any of the following happened to you/were done by you in previous games, would you mind linking?
a) Getting under pressure for abrupt and seemingly non-sensical changes of mind.
b) Getting under threat to get lynched, but not bothering to do all that much about it.
I don't seem to recall being in either situation, mostly because when I have been at L-1 before, I made a big issue of it. However, now I'm slightly more experienced, I know that if I get lynched, it's not the end of the game. Also, way to bring the 'r' at the end of my name to the front. If you must shorten my name to four letters, please shorten it to 'Zodi', not 'Zord'. It makes me think you calling me that big head thing from Power Rangers.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:14 am

Post by LimMePls »

Tazaro wrote:LMP's tunneling Untrod Tripod, but I don't agree with that tunneling; it's to easy to tunnel.
Please explain my "tunneling". I saw behavior I thought was suspcious, I made a case about it and voted along with my case. I got 0 sympathy for my case, and have sense moved on, even voting others (ZodiarK) because I realized that my UT opinion wasn't very popular. Then someone with common sense joins the game, sees what I see, and votes UT. So I go back to him.

At what part was this "tunneling"?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Then someone with common sense joins the game, sees what I see, and votes UT. So I go back to him.
I read this and see two things. One
You're all idiots
and two
Someone else votes for him, so I'll jump back on him while it's convinient
and before you complain about misrep, remember, this is just my opinion.
At what part was this "tunneling"?
Is this a serious question?

If you seriously felt that he was scum, you shouldn't have given up the case. And going back the second someone else sees something off with UT? That's just bad.
FoS: LynchMePls

Moving on to other issues, that I have been on L-2 for some time now can either mean two things;
1. Scum is smart and not being obviscum and quickhammering.
2. One or both scum are already voting for me.

Either way, I'm fairly sure that number 2 is true anyway. Any other opinions?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Tazaro »

LynchMePls wrote:
Tazaro wrote:LMP's tunneling Untrod Tripod, but I don't agree with that tunneling; it's to easy to tunnel.
Please explain my "tunneling".
I consider tunneling to be inordinately criticizing one person's posts when you are not inordinately criticizing others' posts. The inordinate-ness of the criticism of UT's posts is why your case got no sympathy.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Taz: So if I criticize one players posts, but don't criticize others, I'm tunneling? If that is the case, then why is tunneling scummy? Your defeinition of tunneling matches my definition of "making a case". The "inordinate-ness"? WTF does that even mean? So let me get this straight, I see scum behavior from UT, I point it out, no one agrees, so I drop it. Then we get a replacement, that replacement sees what I mean, and agrees with me and places a vote on UT. So if I go back to UT it's scummy? How does that make any sense? Wouldn't it be scummy if I hadn't gone back to UT?

@Zodiark: That is lols. So "If you seriously felt that he was scum, you shouldn't have given up the case", yet I'm being called a tunneler for what I did do. Talk about a catch-22. If I keep voting him, I'm tunneling. If I stop voting him, I'm tunneling.

I feel like I've taken crazy pills.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

If I stop voting him, I'm tunneling.
If you stop voting for him altogether, your not. If you stop voting for him because no one else is, half-assedly target the person who has the most people on them, then go right back the second someone else goes for your target. you are.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Incognito »

TDC:
Can you explain this:
Post 238, TDC wrote:Can't wrap my mind about how much that came out of the blue.
I don't really get what you're referring to here.

As for the Taz and Untrod Tripod meta thing, I didn't see it from the logical fallacy angle like you pointed out. I was confused by the smiley, yeah, but I thought he was trying to say that he just was getting a different vibe from UT here than he did in that game. Whether or not a description of UT's play was given by Taz, I was planning on looking into it for myself anyway because getting that answer from Tazaro has literally been like pulling teeth. So when he said "UT would be the better person to go to" I was pretty much disregarding that anyway and saying I was just gonna check into it myself regardless of whether or not UT actually said something about it. Me looking into that is still in the works.

-~-~-~-~

I don't at all see what Zodiark is getting at here with LynchMePls. He seems to effectively be calling LMP scummy for tunneling, then when LMP has stopped "tunneling" and moved onto another target (Zodiark), he's scolding him and calling him scummy for not continuing with his... tunneling?

Zodiark, why do you think LMP's targeting of you was half-assed?

-~-~-~-~

Untrod:
As you can see, pretty much everyone glazed over your entire post. So I think I was pretty much right when I said I'm not going to respond to all of that because nobody will probably read it. My case is out there for all to see. Your major defense against my case has been that you think I'm trying to have it both ways by calling you scummy for being wishy-washy and scummy for not being cautious with your votes. The point I've been trying to get at is it looks
really insincere
when you defend yourself from LMP by saying "I'm just this naturally cautious player, and I'm not going to change for anyone!" but then you completely go against that and vote ABR the way you did there. Sincerity is the key.

If there's anything else from your post that you really really really want me to respond to because you think I'm scummy for it, then please point it out. Otherwise, I'm just not gonna.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 am

Post by TDC »

Zodiark13 wrote:
I don't seem to recall being in either situation, mostly because when I have been at L-1 before, I made a big issue of it. However, now I'm slightly more experienced, I know that if I get lynched, it's not the end of the game. Also, way to bring the 'r' at the end of my name to the front. If you must shorten my name to four letters, please shorten it to 'Zodi', not 'Zord'. It makes me think you calling me that big head thing from Power Rangers.
Sorry for the misspelling. I've never really watched Power Rangers either, so I'm not even sure how much of an insult that would be.

So basically you're saying that you are (in games as in real life) this very impulsive person that will change his mind overnight for no discernible reason, but on this site that has never actually happened before?
Incognito wrote:
TDC:
Can you explain this:
Post 238, TDC wrote:Can't wrap my mind about how much that
hammer
came out of the blue.
I don't really get what you're referring to here.
[/quote]
Lost a word in there.
As for the Taz and Untrod Tripod meta thing, [..] I thought he was trying to say that he just was getting a different vibe from UT here than he did in that game. Whether or not a description of UT's play was given by Taz, I was planning on looking into it for myself anyway because getting that answer from Tazaro has literally been like pulling teeth.
Well do you still think that that's what he was trying to say? I can't follow the thought process that would lead from "this guy fells somewhat different to last game, so he's probably town this time around" to "well, you better ask himself about that". I mean clearly UT can't possibly describe why Taz would have that thought, right? I would've been rather annoyed if I was in your shoes.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Incognito »

Hammer. That makes infinitely more sense.

And yeah, I still think he was referring to meta and not a logical fallacy. I mean, if he wasn't referring to meta, wouldn't he have just said "no it's not meta?" when I said that I thought it was?

And I was pretty annoyed when he wouldn't just give me an answer, but I was planning on just putting it on the backburner for now until I looked into the game myself. If I found no difference between UT here and UT there, I would've pursued it more. I don't see why UT wouldn't be able to describe why Taz thought that though; if UT is town here, I think there's a good chance that he might know what he does differently as either alignment. And if he's scum here, I doubt he's gonna tell Taz to think otherwise or point out why he's wrong. So again, no point in really considering UT's interpretation.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

I don't at all see what Zodiark is getting at here with LynchMePls. He seems to effectively be calling LMP scummy for tunneling, then when LMP has stopped "tunneling" and moved onto another target (Zodiark), he's scolding him and calling him scummy for not continuing with his... tunneling?

Zodiark, why do you think LMP's targeting of you was half-assed?
I'm not 'scolding' him for not continuing, I'm 'scolding' him because he did continue , and when it was fairly convenient.

If you want to see how half-assed it was, go back and ISO him. He made one post, then forgot about it.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

This is absurd. Apparently I made "1 post about it", but I'm also tunneling. Both of these ideas are factually incorrect.
LynchMePls wrote:
untrod tripod wrote:I'm not going to make judgement on either podium or dr p's alignment, although I agree with what people have said in that we will probably find scum on the blaze wagon.
Are you gonna make a judgment about something else then perhaps? This post was incredibly wishy-washy. You wanna take a stand on anything? Post 60 was a big ball of saying nothing in as many words as possible.

Vote: untrod tripod
LynchMePls wrote:
Untrod Tripod wrote:bloodthirsty much? I realize that voting and stuff has to take place at the beginning of the game, but I really don't think you can make hard and fast calls on someone's alignment with this little information given. I'm getting scummy vibes from Dr P's posts like this [/quote[

What exactly is bloodthirsty about my voting you? My vote wasn't on anyone, and you said something I didn't like, so I voted you. Calling it bloodthirsty is really interesting.
Untrod Tripod wrote:A question to Nexus and LMP: why did you vote on the Blaze bandwagon?
I've already explained this. He made a statement that read to me like he was making a deliberate OMGUS vote, and not a random vote. He has since come back and explained that it was RVS and he sounded believable, so I unvoted. Now some return questions: What was wrong with my vote? Exactly what about the vote was bad?
LynchMePls wrote:My original point wasn't that you weren't posting, its that you were saying a lot of words without actually taking a stance on anything. Interesting to note that you thought my vote on you was because you weren't posting and that you have since changed that though.
LynchMePls wrote:Wow, I'm just going to have to get used to hating your posting style I guess. More wishy-washy words like "I
think
Taz jumps to the top of my scumlist" and "Taz is twitching my scumdar and I'm still iffy on TDC...". Do you ever commit to anything? And do you have a link to a recent scum game for me?
That demonstrates that I didn't make "1 post about it". As for the "tunneling", I pushed the case as far as it would go, the day ended in a lynch, and then the next day I followed a different line of inquiry (Zodiark). I've only come back to UT now that someone has finally agreed with my position on him. I don't know how that can possibly be seen as "tunneling". I seriously feel like I'm in bizzaro world.

At this point I think that either of Zodiark/UT are great lynches for today. Pretty sure we'll hit scum either way.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”