XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by XScorpion »

And yeah I agree, if we are no lynching, why the hell are people claiming?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

THAT CONSTITUTES WORDS

Jesus why is this so hard.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by hiphop »

SpyreX wrote:THAT CONSTITUTES WORDS

Jesus why is this so hard.
Why are we claiming?

I will use my vote and my voice, until I see fit not to. And the fact remains, we should not be claiming.

Why is it so hard? Simple, because you just outed all roles unnecessarily. Hopefully Kirby keeps his mouth shut. At the very least it puts scum in an awkward position of whether or not he is a PR.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

It's too late to stop the claiming.

Kirby is next.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by hiphop »

Benmage wrote:It's too late to stop the claiming.

Kirby is next.
It should never have started.

Though I don't think it is too late. Why must Kirby claim now? Unless he plans on counter-claiming, why does he need to claim? How does that benefit the town?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

The same reason I am for lynching today. So I have all the info infront of me to best direct this town. Tomorrow I likely won't be and I don't want an uninformed town easily swindled. You've already demonstrated this town blows with 2 rushed deadlines. Now we are doing things my way. And if you can't see how I am already 100% confirmed town, stop posting. So again: we are doing things my way.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Bump

MOD
please prod kriby last post the 9th.
Prodded.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I'm not claiming. Trust me, it's just better for us if I don't claim. Especially if we're in mylo. SSBF, please pick someone else, if there's anyone else who hasn't claimed yet.

And is anyone actually voting for NL? Or are we just letting time run out? That seems to me like a risky way to do it, tbh. Scum gets more info and all that. Vote for NL coming if I reread and find no one/only some are voting for it.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

VOTE: No Lynch
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@SpyreX: Why do you think we should not talk? We are claiming but waiting for a claim isn't the only thing that should happen during massclaim. I don't see how we need to stop all discussion just so massclaim happens.
XScorpion wrote:If you guys would have preferred another target maybe you should have gave suggestions like on day 1. Oops nope, no one did that, so suck it.
Not buying this explanation here. Even without us giving you suggestions,
it was clear
that there were better vig targets then xvart. Yet you're using xvart's hammer on Robocopter87 Day 2 as a reason to vig him. This isn't a satisfying explanation to me and I don't think the hammer was all the scummy anyway. Because:

1. We were near the deadline, litterally hours from facing a No Lynching. No Lynching would have been a horrible thing Day 2.

2. xvart was already suspecting Robocopter87. So if you can't get your primary suspect lynch, why not pick your alternate suspect instead? And he already explained why Robocopter87 was scummy.

Those two reasons are enough to make me think the hammer was justified.
Benmage wrote:And if you can't see how I am
already 100% confirmed town
, stop posting.
Benmage wrote:I'll claim first.
VT.
I'm calling BS on this statement. You claim to be 100% confirmed town, yet your roleclaim is a Vanilla Townie claim. You cannot prove your role or your alignment with a Vanilla Townie claim.

Please explain why you are 100% confirmed town. As far as I'm concern, you are not confirmed townie.
Kirbyoshi wrote:SSBF, please pick someone else, if there's anyone else who hasn't claimed yet.
Everyone else has claimed.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

SSBF, everyone else doesn't have my role. Just trust me when I say that if you had my role, you'd have reservations about claiming as well.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by hiphop »

Benmage wrote: And if you can't see how I am already 100% confirmed town, stop posting. So again: we are doing things my way.
I don't believe you are town, so there is no reason for me to listen to you.

vote no lynch

Kirby- Best town move today.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

:headdesk:

You've gotta be kidding me.

This process has been like hearding cats and why am I not surprised in the least at OHH HAY I AM POWER ROLE but nothing more.

Good lord.

I think thats everyone though, right?

So before I lay out what's going on and get the floodgates of rage fully opened at the barrage of chuckleheads that today has been MY IMPORTANT QUESTION:

@Equinox:

Can you give the quick skinny on your thought process in 535 and 536? It is p vital.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Benmage »

Actually when I said I was 100% confirmed town, i was forgetting that this game is in mylo and not lylo. Clearly in lylo with me voting X and the game not ending would've auto town confirmed and scum confirmed X.

**SpryeX who did you jail?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hrmmm i guess if I was scum and voting a town person even in lylo that would be a misstatement...geeze ignore my fail logic there.

That said I still think X is scum and we should be lynching scorp.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

Here's my reasoning to oppose a no lynch. A strong town voice will be killed. Making it easier for the scum to swindle the game in lylo.

I have one last thing to ask after Spy answers me.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Equinox »

SpyreX wrote:Can you give the quick skinny on your thought process in 535 and 536? It is p vital.
535: I was going to start drawing stuff from all of the flavor claims to see what made sense and what didn't. And then I realized while writing a draft that 1) the flavor claims have been pretty damn neutral, and 2) bouncy.bouncy declared that flavor had no effect on the game. That led to...

536: I can't analyze flavor, but I can analyze the claims. I found holes. I pointed them out.

I assume we can do the chit-chat thing now.
jenniwren wrote:What else can I say?
Should have asked this in the scum QT before you tripped.
XScorpion wrote:If you guys would have preferred another target maybe you should have gave suggestions like on day 1. Oops nope, no one did that, so suck it.
LOLOL

Pretty obvious where I stand here.

Anyway...

I'M CONFUSED, TOWN. HELP ME DECIDE.

I want to lynch scumbag. I see the rat. It's eating croissants and leering at me like I'm next or something. It's so glaringly obvious. BUT IT'S MYLO. MYLO IS LIKE CHUCKY.

So. I'll, like, sleep on this and whip out a vote later.

And I'm ignoring some things on purpose here. The only time I will address them is Day 4, assuming scum choose to keep me around. To reveal them now is counterproductive.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Equinox »

Wait. I just had flash of rational thought. Actually...

VOTE: No Lynch

What I would highly prefer is that we don't discuss these claims until tomorrow. What I'm seeing here is an interesting distribution of claims. Townie players and scummy players have claimed all sorts of roles, and despite all the shit being thrown around, town isn't unified enough at the moment to have people who are absolutely unlynchable. As I understand the game state right now, everyone is fair game.

Therefore, I am going to take a gamble here. If this goes well, I get information. If this goes wrong, I'll buy some Orville Redenbacher.

The exceptions to the thing about claims above are hiphop, jenniwren, and XScorpion, since they have already been discussed. I'm in favor of having SpyreX elaborate a little bit more about his claim. After that, speedy hammers need to be speedy.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

On second thought, EBWOP:
Equinox wrote:The exceptions to the thing about claims above are
hiphop
, jenniwren, and XScorpion, since they have already been discussed.
hiphop's claim goes to the other category of not worth discussing. The circumstances around jenniwren's claim of vanilla townie and XScorpion's behavior are, however, quite telling, though I don't think we have much else to talk about there anyway.

Point of interest:
Benmage wrote:**SpryeX who did you jail?
Why are you assuming SpyreX took an action?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Equinox »

I SPAM THIS THREAD.

Second point of interest:

jenniwren, you voted XScorpion in post 498. After hiphop claimed, you unvoted in 503. Between these two posts, you did not indicate any change in stance regarding XScorpion. Why?
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I was thinking about what hiphop said and decided not to vote until things had been discussed further. I thought XScorp was lying since for two nights in a row there was only one NK, but hiphop claimed that he had saved himself, and since his action was successful, that meant there had been an attempt on his life; since XScorp claimed the Xvart kill, it made me consider the fact that he was telling the truth. (Note the sarcastic "uh-huh" in post 498.) It was a decision not to rush anything.

In other news, I'm still waiting to hear what Spyrex and Ben have to say since they have so
politely
asked for our silence.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Because of meta, I'm betting.

But, *gasp* this time its not true. I haven't used it.

Which is PART of why I didn't want to go into details about what's up. The other part should be fairly self-explanatory: during massclaim don't get the fakeclaims fodder ffs.

That said, due to the amazing awesome that was Kirby and the failbag there's a more than decent shot that I'm dead tonight.

So, we get the full skinny on whats up and I swear to GOD if you don't listen I'm going to be pissed.

First things first:

@Equinox: Thank you. That's pretty much exactly what I was expecting and you've been my wildcard read. However, that kinda helps cement a few things.

So, lets play a game of parse:

Benmage - Crackle - VT
hiphop - Pop - One-Shot Nurse (Gained BP / Lost)
jenniwren - Sugar Bear - VT
Kirbyoshi - Toucan Sam - MYSTERIOUS POWER ROLE :headdesk:
Equinox - Cap'n Crunch - VT
SpyreX - Dig'Em - One-Shot Jailer
Super Smash Bros. Fan - Buzz Bee - VT
Xscorpion - the Trix Rabbit - One-Shot Vig (Xvart)
Charter - Lucky - Watcher
Zang - Tony - One-Shot Rolecop
Robocotper - Snap - One-Shot BP
Xvart - Sonny the Cuckoo Bird - VT

So, the theoretical breakdown:
5 VT
3 'Protective' Roles (Jailer / BP / Nurse)
2 Investigative Roles (Watcher / Rolecop )
1 ?? (I've got two pretty solid guesses but LETS MAKE THIS HARDER BECAUSE)
1 Vig

WITH THAT SAID lets do the other secret important part of the parse (AND LISTEN TO THIS PART BECAUSE ITS IMPORTANT TIA):

Benmage and Equinox are town. Individually its fairly clear and if I really have to illustrate why in detail I will but good lord (hint: look at who went OMG HOW IS YOU TOWN??? at the end of this parse). Additionally, there's a huge piece of moddery that plays into the ruleset and both of them being replaced instead of dead - assuming a 3 person scumteam (which I am) at that point both of them being modkilled would have been game.

So, what we're really looking at is: hiphop, jenni, kirby, SSBF, Xscorp (OHH GOD SPYREX DIDNT PUT HISMELF BARRRRHGFG)

But, lets make it a bit more interesting (and this is doubly telling and I seriously hated having to wait for this business until now): hiphop is scum. Period.

Why, you may ask? Well, aside from the skewdieweebop, lets look at a couple key points:

1.) One-shot nurse absolutely doesn't make sense. Nurse is inherently a one-shot role. The addition of it attempts to add credence BUT falls flat on its face.
2.) Nurse is a
passive
role. There would be no 'action confirmed' message in any world. Period.
3.)
The Mod wrote:Flavor should not affect the outcome of the game.
. His flavor absolutely does just that.
4.) Disregarding #3 for a second, if hiphop's flavor was true it was saying "at least one of Snap or Crackle is a protective role". Which makes a lot of sense with the early vote for robocopter. Ohh wait, no it doesn't. At least you wouldn't throw them under the bus in a them or me moment, right? Ohh wait, yes you would.
5.)
hiphop wrote:As for cc's- i have come to the conclusion that Spyrex is right, in the fact that cc's are just flavor and won't lead to who is scum and who is not. Especially since the mod displayed them for all to see.
So, with this (and I'm going to be voting for him because I'm confident enough with this I'd gamble the whole shebang on this sucker) we have to look at who makes the most sense with him.

Jenni, well. Yea:
Well this is just peachy. Two claimed PRs have been run up and we have no time to even talk about it...

If I vote hiphop, then Robo or SSBF (as he said he would be on to prevent a no-lynch if needed) can hammer; if I vote Robo we will have a no lynch unless Robo self-hammers or someone from hiphop's wagon switches in the next...three hours?

Vote: hiphop

Prev. Edit: gah Equinox!
unvote

I don't know if I believe hiphop's claim, but I'm going to think about it.
two minutes later wrote:Considering all the other flips have been one-shot roles except for Charter's, there is a chance that there is a one-shot nurse as well. There isn't a need to lynch anyone right away, anyway.
Its not like its went both ways right?
hiphop wrote: Don't like it. I find jenni to be newb(if that offends you sorry) who is still learning how to play. Truth be told it does look like she is trying to scumhunt, does it not? Now I don't agree with her case, because the way I see it she only attacks you for scumhunting, which is what town should do, but nonetheless she is trying to find scum.
OHH SNAP it sure did.

Cash money on this one. Which leaves: Xscorp, Kirby, SSBF.

CAN IT BE THIS EASY? IS XSCORP THE THIRD GUNMAN?

Nope. No way with the way this game was going both would be rolling busses on him. Additionally, I'm thinking its a 1 PR (maaybe 2 but probably not) 2 goon setup and that it is not a one-shot. (3/12 with a town dispersal makes sense) - which means XS's D1 claim holds a lot more weight than others.

SO WHO IS IT? KIRBY RITEE?

Ehh. I'm not near as confident about this as the Hiphop / Jenni feelgood club. The lowball pat on Kirby's head doesn't make sense because of the end-game tie something like that can cause. Further, being the last to claim and not claiming reeeks of a town move (or ballsy scum but this far ahead not near as likely).

So:

Yea, the noisemaker. My money is on him being the PR as well (and I have an idea but it requires SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE WHO ISNT COOPERATING YET KIRBY).

Which puts the actual setup at:

3 VT's
1 Vig
2 'Protective' Roles
2 Investigative Roles
1 MYSTERY ROLE
2 Goons
1 PR

Which adds up alright (while it seems townsided in theory the Role-Cop meshes well depending on the MYSTERY ROLE and the watcher has a way higher chance of seeing town touching town in townland then finding scum).

So, yes. Hiphop is scum. Jenni is scum. SSBF is probably scum.

Unvote, Vote: Hiphop

If XScorp actually wants me to explain why claiming now makes sense (protip: hiphop was the "OHH NOES NOW THE SCUM KNOW EVERYTHINGS AND ITS SPYREX'S FAULT") I will. I really, really,
really
shouldn't have to.

The only question in my head is why claim the hit? Trying to fake a tie to xscorp? Am I wrong and its the full equinox tryst?

I need NEED Kirby's info.
Show

Proud member of BaM
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
5 to lynch
Xscorpion (1) Benmage
hiphop (1) SpyreX

none (3) Kirbyoshi, hiphop, Equinox

Not voting (3) jenniwren, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Xscorpion
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by jenniwren »

How much cash? Because I'm not scum. Of course you won't believe me, because you've had your mind made up since Charter suggested it, but it's the truth. Pretend I don't exist; that whoever is in my slot has been a good little townie all the way through the game...is there anyone else you see who could fit the role?

I could buy hiphop as scum. I could even buy SSBF as scum. He earned the platinum townie title very early in D1 and no one has questioned him until now. Here's my question about him that I haven't asked yet because no one listens to me at this point anyway.

When I first accused Charter, SSBF was all over my case. Read posts 127, 131, and 157. He kept promising a long case against me until the end of the day rolled around (post 183 was the last time), and finally votes Charter after saying I am town (post 317). Hiphop also said I would be a "horrible" lynch (post 319). Kirby switched his vote soon thereafter. SSBF reappeared after the charter hammer to give advice for the vig (post 336). At one point, in 317, SSBF tells XScorp to vig charter if I flip town. However, he never tells XScorp to vig me if Charter flips town. That's been bothering me since Charter's flip.

Notice how similar the hiphop's quote in your post 572 is to what SSBF said in 317. How all of a sudden I am obv-town? They don't explain that other than saying I am just new and scumhunting the best that I can. You know what? By that point in D1 I was so frustrated because I honestly thought Charter was scum, and I was pretty sure Spyrex was scum, too. All I could see was that no one was even questioning them. And I was definitely wrong about Charter, and I feel like I'm probably wrong about Spyrex, but on D1 I was certain I had caught scum. When SSBF and hiphop were suddenly supportive, it was NICE. I relaxed a little. I didn't feel like an idiot anymore--until Charter flipped.

All I could think when I saw the flip was that a) Charter was town (duh); b) we might have an SK; c) SSBF and hiphop were directing the vig kills and at that point I was thinking maybe they weren't such the nice guys after all; d) the mafia would get their kill; and e) I would be mislynched on D2. If everything played out like I was fearing, it would have been a massacre, and it would have been my fault; it was like making a freaking grand slam for the wrong team. When D2 dawned with only one death and SSBF made a decent case against Spyrex, I fumbled again. I was set to make a case on SSBF; then his case on Spyrex confused me again and I just shut up to try to make sense of everything.

I haven't played well this game, but I
am
town.

Vote: hiphop
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”