esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:44 am

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote: Why would a plain townie even suggest that his role could have an alternative win condition?
I insisted that you include the possibility of scumminess and Mr. Flay conceded that it might be possible which is the proper thing to do besides ignoring my comment or claiming. I get the impression that since it is clear who you are you do not properly appreciate that some of us don't want to get mod-killed. Obviously, I can't convey this to you very well, but I put down Mr. Flay as probably Delivery Man in my own notes after the posts in question because he seemed to want to *end* the discussion about TDM's scumminess.

But now, I really, really will wait for mneme, and please look through my old posts.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:42 am

Post by Fuldu »

No, the proper thing to do would have been to ignore your comment. Your comments regarding DM were largely directed at me, not at him. It might have been suspicious or just tacky for
me
to have ignored your comments, but there were numerous other players who totally ignored that discussion without any impact whatsoever.

There are very, very few situations in which a pro-town player should even hint at the possibility of something that they know to be untrue and I would not consider this to be one of them. If Flay is the DM, then suggesting that DM might have an alternative win condition was a foolish concession (unless it's true, in which case I'd be hard pressed to call him a plain townie).

And I don't know why you're pressuring me to look through your old posts when it should be obvious that I
did
go through your old posts. In fact that I have looked through everyone's old posts for a variety of things, and landed upon the DM discussions as what I find to be the most noteworthy content of those posts at this time.

And I further don't understand why you're so all-fired-up at me about something when I'm promoting the idea of lynching somebody other than you today.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:53 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I can't really discuss the Flay=DM thing, since in my mind the worst thing to happen would be a mod-kill, so even denying that I'm one of the remaining roles at this late juncture could be seen as a clue as to who I am. Sorry I can't be more specific, but that's the way the game is set up.

I can say, according to the 'abilities are fine', that I don't personally have a separate win condition. I just meant that, of the remaining roles, the DM would be MOST likely to have one, since he was aside from the major narrative of the story. Sister Mary, to my mind, is either not-present or part of the Hell faction, even if as a mafia spy. That is the scariest possibility for Pooky=scum in my world, and if we've somehow got evidence that Pooky has only fingered non-Hell scum, that could be an exciting tell. I admit I was ready to vote esme until she brought up the discrepancy of him still being alive.
Still
, killing the claimed, verified (after a fashion) masons was still probably the safest scum ploy, as any remaining doctor is probably betting on Pooky. Our last three night kills have been Adam, God, and the Metatron, all consigned to the flames. I'm not sure why they targeted Olio the night before that.

I think Pooky is either Agnes Nutter, if pro-town, or Sister Mary, if not. I don't have the faintest idea how to discern between those two possibilities though. :| If esme is scum as Pooky has narrowed it down for us, then it's pretty likely that she's Hastur, cut-and-dried. However the GH lynch is troublesome in that regard... I do think Fuldu is overlooking how hard it is for those of us who were not outed as Masons long ago to prove who we are, under this setup. If esme is town, I feel for her in that regard.

I'm certainly not demon-scum, and I don't have a separate win condition, fulfilled or unfulfilled. I'm trying to parse my way through what's left, but barring some marvelous insight from mneme, I'm still most likely to vote esme. Occam's Razor says that we try that before lynching Pooky on the word of his remaining possible scum. Remember, Pooky got mith right, so it's not like he can only spot non-humanoid scum or something (a variant of investigation immunity, sometimes).

Fuldu, I don't understand how you find the two-scum possibility more likely, especially when it requires both two scum AND some sort of investigation immunity/flaw in Pooky's ability. From your older four-possibility post:
4) Pooky is Sister Mary Loquacious, mafia cop. This is the problem scenario. In this case, mneme is still likely to be the Delivery Man, so Hastur is either esme or Mr. Flay. Offhand, it's more likely to be Mr. Flay, since Pooky has to realize that he's set up esme to probably be lynched today and it would be an awfully ballsy tactic to do that as a WIFOM. This scenario also explains how Pooky has survived this long.
Pooky can live this long through a misguided doctor, too (though I admit I don't see a role off the top of my head that would be one). We've all presumed through most of the game that Pooky is town cop, but his survival DOES trouble me. I just don't see it as entirely likely, certainly not as likely as esme being Hastur. But I want to hear from mneme, and possibly SubtleTactix again.

By the way, Pooky, you never answered my question about vibes: Have your results gotten any more specific than good vibes/bad vibes, anything that might hint at what we're really looking at here?
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:55 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr, yes, ST is dead. Sorry. *smacks forehead*
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry for the triple post, but bringing this forward to the current page:
esme wrote:(Pooky's results)
N1: dead innocent
N2: mith guilty, takes back as vibes
N3: Peachy guilty
N4: Roland good
N5: Forgot to send in a choice
N6: Thoth innocent after Thoth is modkilled
N7: Fritzler innocent (told on D8)
N8: Mneme innocent
N9: Flay innocent
Peachy was Pollution and mith was GBH/All Four Other Horsemen, maybe. Therefore Pooky *has* never fingered someone from Hell, but given that only 5/32 were from Hell, not counting Sister Mary, that's not entirely indicative (and four of them were dead by the end of Day Four). I'm just accumulating data while I wait...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I've always gotten vibes.

The most likely reason why I'm not dead(from my POV) is because scum either were betting on a doctor protecting me or because the only remaining scum happens to have investigation immunity.

However if there is an antitown role without investigation immunity, it must be Esme.

If there is only one baddie left with investigation immunity(which is why the scum went after Masons instead of me), then it could be Flay Mneme or Esme, However Esme comes with the added bonus of being the only possible player to be an antitowner without investigation immunity.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:31 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:Fuldu, I don't understand how you find the two-scum possibility more likely, especially when it requires both two scum AND some sort of investigation immunity/flaw in Pooky's ability.
I don't consider it more likely, per se. I just consider it more threatening. If there's only one scum left, then we're not in a lynch or lose situation. If there are two scum left, then we are. So I'd rather play today on the assumption that there are two scum left to better ensure that we make it to tomorrow.

In short, I think the question of whether Pooky is scum or not can be put off until tomorrow, provided we make it through the night. But with three claimed townies and only two reasonable townie roles remaining, one of those three (and possibly two) is certain to be scum. If there's only one scum left esme is my bet, and if two scum are left Flay is my bet. But since the two scum scenario is more dangerous than the one scum scenario, I'd rather lynch Flay today. That is the whole of my argument. It isn't about who has proved their identity and who hasn't. It's about minimizing the risk if I'm wrong. The only piece of my argument that rests even slightly on identity isn't about people trying to get across who they are, but about what people have said that suggests who they aren't. That part might be wrong, but I think the reasoning behind it is sound.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fuldu wrote:Overall, my two most likely scenarios are either esme alone or Flay + Pooky, but the two scum scenario is more dangerous today and since there's a possibility that Flay is scum alone and no such possibility with Pooky, I think Mr. Flay is the right lynch for today.
How is it possible that I am the sole scum left, in your analysis? Hastur with investigation immunity??? Sister Mary, and no Hastur? I'm just curious what this is about.

I don't agree with you that the two-scum possibility is more dangerous, but since you seem to think Pooky+Flay is the most likely pairing, I'm not sure how to convince you of that. But consider: if esme IS Hastur and the game isn't over, then who do we lynch tomorrow as (presumably) Sister Mary L.?

I'm not on Hell's side. I have no way to convince you of that, if you won't believe Pooky's investigation. We're out of ways to "prove" it, if we are at lynch-or-lose. But consider my vote/attack on Genocide Heart, and overall play, not just today.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If there is only one baddie left with investigation immunity(which is why the scum went after Masons instead of me), then it could be Flay Mneme or Esme, However Esme comes with the added bonus of being the only possible player to be an antitowner without investigation immunity.
Pooky speaks truth here. If we have two scum left, what are the chances they both have investigation immunity? Almost none, in my world. That means either Pooky is scum, or esme is. Not both, for reasons you've already mentioned (Pooky setting her up today is suicide at 5 players/2 scum - he could have just as easily framed me). mneme+esme is my most likely 2-scum scenario, since I know I'm town; that still allows me to
Vote: esme
. Pooky's got brass balls (see Werewolf/New York 37), but this seems too pat even for his schemes.

You are our ONLY confirmed townie, Fuldu, and you likely won't survive the night even if we do lynch right. If you choose to eliminate me, then I hope you're wrong about us having two scum.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Bah.
Unvote: esme
- I can't go to sleep with that hanging over her head, and I
did
say I'd wait for mneme. On the off chance it's mneme+Pooky, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:How is it possible that I am the sole scum left, in your analysis? Hastur with investigation immunity??? Sister Mary, and no Hastur? I'm just curious what this is about.
Yes, I think it's possible that you're Hastur with investigative immunity. I don't think it's at all likely, but it is at least a plausible outcome, whereas I do not view three vanilla townies as a plausible outcome.
Mr. Flay wrote:I don't agree with you that the two-scum possibility is more dangerous, but since you seem to think Pooky+Flay is the most likely pairing, I'm not sure how to convince you of that. But consider: if esme IS Hastur and the game isn't over, then who do we lynch tomorrow as (presumably) Sister Mary L.?
You mean if we lynch esme and she turns out to be Hastur? At that point I'd be inclined to lynch mneme. I know I've expressed why I don't think Pooky+esme is likely, and I believe I've expressed why I don't think Flay+esme is likely (deadline lynch of GH wouldn't have gone through if you'd both gotten off it). But if esme is scum, I think she's scum alone. Hell, the fact that she won't get behind my proposed lynch of Mr. Flay makes me disinclined to believe mneme+esme.

But how can you not agree that the two-scum possibility is more dangerous? You can disagree with me about how likely it is, but I keep saying that I don't really know how likely I believe it to be anyway. But two scum means lynch or lose; one scum doesn't. I don't see how two scum could possibly be considered less dangerous in this context.

But look at it this way. If we lynch you and you're Alien, then we
know
esme is scum. If we lynch you and you're Hastur, then we consider it very likely that Pooky is scum. If we lynch you and you're SML, then we have a potential problem, but I'd probably want to lynch mneme at that point. And if we lynch you and you're the DM, then there's an excellent chance that we've lost the game and I'll blame you (and you'll undoubtedly blame me).
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not on Hell's side. I have no way to convince you of that, if you won't believe Pooky's investigation. We're out of ways to "prove" it, if we are at lynch-or-lose. But consider my vote/attack on Genocide Heart, and overall play, not just today.
esme comes off comparably strong in this regard, which is why I've chosen to disregard that bandwagon entirely, except to suggest that you're probably not both scum.
Mr. Flay wrote:since I know I'm town; that still allows me to Vote: esme.
Mr. Flay wrote:You are our ONLY confirmed townie, Fuldu, and you likely won't survive the night even if we do lynch right. If you choose to eliminate me, then I hope you're wrong about us having two scum.
Well, so far nobody agrees with me, so I'm not sure how much you have to worry about in that regard. But these two quotes bring up a valuable point. As the only confirmed townie, I'm the only one making an argument that doesn't involve the words "since I know I'm town." Certainly, if you're town (and especially if you're not the Delivery Man), you should be voting esme. But none of the rest of us can verify that. Similarly, esme's argument that since she's town and doesn't believe that Hastur has immunity then Pooky must be scum makes perfect sense. But all of these arguments rely on a premise that isn't available to anyone else. My plan relies on facts that are equally available to everyone. People don't have to agree with all the conclusions I've drawn, and we can talk about that, but they shouldn't expect me to be the slightest bit swayed by arguments building off of flimsier premises.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:50 am

I just read through Flay's posts.

The most convincing wavering contemplation I've ever seen in all of my years playing here.

Hats off to you if you're scum,
You certainly have me fooled if that's so.

Fuldu's posts make sense in every regard except for one thing, it's quite possible that a spy immune to investigations would also be unable to kill, all of the demon deaths have been by incineration and without Hastur, it's possible that they won't be able to kill anymore, in that case we won't be hardpressed to make a choice betw Mneme/Flay.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:18 am

Post by Fuldu »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Fuldu's posts make sense in every regard except for one thing, it's quite possible that a spy immune to investigations would also be unable to kill, all of the demon deaths have been by incineration and without Hastur, it's possible that they won't be able to kill anymore, in that case we won't be hardpressed to make a choice betw Mneme/Flay.
I did think of that, but it presumes that esme is Hastur, which I assume you're further concluding from the fact that you know you're innocent (see previous post for that rant). If you're the mafia spy, then I believe Flay is Hastur, at which point if we lynch him we're equally safe from harm.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

This is the point where I wish DP and Thoth hadn't been arbitrarily modkilled; if we had 9 players left, then we could lynch someone with (relative) impunity. As it stands, though... we can't claim for ourselves, but this is what I think.

Hastur - almost has to exist. I believe it's esme, but it could be Fuldu, with Pooky as a mafia cop.
Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer - may not exist, since the other two Witchfinders were a two-man mason. May be Pooky.
Agnes Nutter - probably Pooky, unless he's Sister Mary.
Sister Mary Loquacious - Fuldu believes she exists, I'm willing to entertain the possibility she's around, but no way to be sure.
A Delivery Man - probably exists; allegiance unknown.
Wensleydale - Fuldu.
Alien - probably exists, since all of the other "groups" at the end of the Dramatis Personae exist (Americans, Atlantians, etc). Identity unknown.

Further, I think esme may have gotten "caught" with her vote on Ligur/GH . She voted for him on June 30th, 6th vote on the wagon, before the deadline went into place. GH himself advanced the idea of Sister Mary being in the Hell mafia, which is interesting. mneme was on the GH-wagon for a bit, then got off. I voted GH, got off, voted rolando, and came back to the GH-wagon just before the deadline was set. esme, on the other hand, didn't post between the setting of the deadline 812 and the lynch (RL) three days later, on July 17th. That's what makes the difference, in my mind.

More later, got to go to church.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by esme »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
Esme replaces JDTAY
My *first* post:
esme wrote:God is ineffable, Satan's opposite is the metatron in the book.

I think I know who Pooky and mith are.

Notes from reading the game

Genocide defends Gaspode day 1
olio claims vanilla and volunteers for being verification vigged
Seoul certainly not in league with the horsemen now mneme
darklight confirms doomcow and locus

roland had a question mark, but with all the good vibes I am happy if he isnt the metatron

I would lean to kill Genocide or one of the locus trio. I will dig up Genocides post tomorrow, the hard and software in this place is appalling sorry for the inferior style.

Oh and I really looked forward to the reason of the DP modkill, a bit of a letdown in suspense.
esme wrote:Good news the internet cafe just gave me a farewell gift hour for free for being such a good customer, so here are the posts:
Genocide Heart wrote:Gaspode didn't state any intention there, he stated what thought Stewie's comment of him was implying.

I really don't understand the whole Gaspode-wagon thing. It seems to consist almost entirely of poor reading comprehension.
Later he eases up a bit
Genocide Heart wrote: Anyway, I'll agree with Seol that Gaspode's insistence that everyone slow down and be less suspicious is scummy behavior, but I disagree that it's the scummiest thing we've seen so far.

I still think mepmuff's behavior was just downright idiotic, and even if we forgive that as a very stupid mistake Korais may be a better lynch than Gaspode.
And later
Genocide Heart wrote:Between Coron and Gaspode, I find an attempt to speed the game up and lynch someone based on poor reasons to be both more dangerous and scummier than being noncommital and attempting to slow the game down. Coron's frequent use of ALL CAPS and the tones of frustration and anger I read in his posts I also find scummy, though this may be misinterpretation and/or bias on my part.

Between Coron and PB, my second choice for a lynch, I find that PB's style, while scummy and annoying, is not as suspicious as Coron's posted reasons for voting and his behavior in subsequent discussions of those reasons. The chance that PB is weird is higher than the chance the Coron is innocent and playing poorly. Additionally a vote on Coron 'counts' more than a vote on PB at this point, although that's a much more secondary reason.

I still find the strongest case against Aelyn to be in relationship to Gaspode, so I'd prefer lynching him before lynching Aelyn (And I don't really want to lynch Gaspode.) One could, I suppose, lynch Aelyn for other, justifiable reasons but that lynch would be weaker than a lynch of any of the other potential candidates.

So I'd be happiest lynching either Coron or PB, wouldn't mind lynching Gaspode, disagree with lynching Aelyn before Gaspode, and don't think there's much of a case against anyone else.
There was one vote before that, afterwards, four people voted GH in a *very* short time, this was the reason my vote was the sixth.

Flay, as he says jumped off and on again when the band-wagon was stuck.

*I* posted the following about *two weeks* after the start of the band-wagon, two days before the deadline fell and when almost everyone was jumping off in response to GH's take on lurkers which I felt was directed at me, too.
esme wrote:
Genocide Heart wrote: And, of course, I'd like to see our lurkers post a bit as well.
Sorry to say, but I want to keep my vote on you.
It was mneme who jumped off when the wagon was increasing the second and final time with the following profound reasoning:
mneme wrote:
unvote

without a vote count, and with people popping in and voting for no reason except peer pressure, I'd rather reserve my vote for the moment.
I'm really disappointed that mneme's voting pattern which was scummy on *all* discussed lynches counts for nothing while I am scummy because I didn't post for two days after sitting on my vote for two weeks and confirming it shortly before the deadline was set. I'm also disappointed that you are not inclined to put pressure on mneme. You should have waited for him and not ease his way by saying that you are not going to lynch him in any case. Maybe you could look once more through old posts looking for indicators that I'm pro-town and mneme scum?

I'm quite sure that Pooky and Mneme are the ones we are looking for and they don't have to defend themselves at all, because Fuldu and Flay are doing their defense for them.

Please, please, why can't you at least pretend to be suspect mneme until he's had to defend his voting pattern?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I *am* suspicious of mneme. At this point it's either esme, or Pooky+mneme, in my book; but I don't know how to get to the point of decision, since we're all fragmented on who we think is scum, and we're out of options (assuming two scum).
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:50 am

Post by mneme »

Obviously -if- it's either esme or pooky+me, we should lynch one of pooky+me.

If it's pooky + me, it's lynch or lose.

If it's -just- esme, we can afford to lynch wrong today, lose a townie tonight, and still have 2 votes left to vote Esme off with.

That said, -are- those the only possiblities? If Esme (or Flay) are scum, are there any partner possiblities for them?
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:52 am

Post by mneme »

re GH: things stalled, I got off the wagon because it didnt' seem like it was going anywhere but there wasn't another good place to put my vote. Then things picked up before I was paying attention and (correctly) lynched GH.
Did I say too much?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:47 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thank you, mneme, for finally weighing in. I was *hoping* we'd get a more complete picture of everyone's suspicions/pairings/role guesses, so that we can figure out who's lying, or at least playing badly, and go from there... but we've dropped off the face of the earth again. :|
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:00 am

Post by mneme »

Hey, it's only been a day since I posted. We'll see.
Did I say too much?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:39 pm

Who's this "we"?

:roll:

Just look at my posts and tell me if you would think that a Mafia Cop would forget to investigate and tell the truth about it, if a mafia cop would come out day 2 after a FOUR kill night 1, if a mafia cop would come out with info to clear rolando to save him from the lynchhappy mob.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:30 pm

Post by esme »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Who's this "we"?
Good question, it's mneme who again made a most economic post just commenting on *one* issue. Both Pooky and mneme *didn't* comment on the last two lynches and on the possible roles/pairings issues and *didn't* look through old posts for *other* useful facts than those brought up by the other posters.
Pooky wrote: Just look at my posts and tell me if you would think that a Mafia Cop would forget to investigate and tell the truth about it,
Oh yes, if you are mafia it greatly benefits you that you skipped one investigation. Otherwise, you would have to either say I'm innocent, thus making it clear that you are scum or Hastur is investigation-immune, or you'd have to say I'm scum, thus being lynched tomorrow if you are the only scum left.
Pooky wrote: if a mafia cop would come out day 2 after a FOUR kill night 1,
That's the only good point in your post and I will certainly reread day 2 and comment on it if you do me the courtesy and comment on the points in my posts. In particular, please tell me *why* I lobbied for the GH lynch in that particular situation after replacing in relatively early in a multi-kill game.
Pooky wrote: if a mafia cop would come out with info to clear rolando to save him from the lynchhappy mob.
That's again a really bad argument, because of course a mafia cop would save someone innocent. Why the hell not?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:50 am

Post by mneme »

Here's my problem:

1. I know I'm not paired with Pooky.
2. I know I'm not paired with esme.
3. If I am scum, presumably, Pooky is scum...but since I'm not, I can't really buy that as an argument. However, just because I'm not scum (I'm not) doesn't mean that Pooky is -not- scum -- he could be just playing a deep game (frex, he could be a mafia cop, and have decided to single me out as innocent in order to make sure that his partner would win).

Lemme look at the list again:

Mneme: Either scum with Pooky or not scum at all.
Mr. Flay: No info?
Esme: if scum, has outed a fellow scum-mate (GH). Seems unlikely.
Fuldu II: Not scum. Mason.
PookyTheMagicalBear: probably not scum (proven cop). If scum, is a mafia cop.

How sure are we of Mr. Flay?
Did I say too much?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by Fuldu »

The rest of us have pretty much the same information on Flay as we do on you, mneme. He's gotten an innocent investigative nod from Pooky.

I don't have a whole lot more to say at this point, but I wouldn't mind a quick nose count of who everyone would like to lynch today. I think I've made my feelings clear; if there are two scum left, Flay is probably one of them, and if there's only one scum left, lynching Flay gives us the best information for who to look at tomorrow.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:03 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm most likely to vote esme, but I could be persuaded toward Pooky, as I think if there ARE two scum, he almost has to be one of them (since I'm not).
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:06 am

Post by esme »

mneme wrote:
Mneme: Either scum with Pooky or not scum at all.
Mr. Flay: No info?
Esme: if scum, has outed a fellow scum-mate (GH). Seems unlikely.
Fuldu II: Not scum. Mason.
PookyTheMagicalBear: probably not scum (proven cop). If scum, is a mafia cop.
The non-symmetry between Mneme and Flay in this list isn't exactly an incentive for me to find mneme less suspicious.
In any case, we have assumed that Hastur is not Godfather and not mafia cop and in the game to get to the "either scum with pooky or not scum at all" for both mneme and flay. I find these assumptions reasonable, but it's not proven or something.

Also, while I find it hard to see Hastur as mafia cop, I can see Hastur as mafia tracker which would make it at least possible that Pooky is Hastur.

I trust Fuldu and I'm quite certain that the conjecture that there are only two vanilla townies left is correct, because noone protested this assumption. These are two points we can all agree on.

You should also agree on the following:
Together with Hastur not being investigation immune, it also means that *if I am not scum*, then Pooky and one of Mneme and Flay are two scum.

For that reason, I'm in favour of lynching Pooky. If the choice is between Mneme and Flay, I'm in favour of lynching Mneme because of the last two lynches. I'm of course well aware of the fact that there's no point for me in lynching Mneme without Fuldu's vote (because it would mean that I'm wrong). So, I think that it is mostly Fuldu's choice now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”