mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:24 am

Post by mongoose »

I suggest we all name our favorite NFL teams, and lynch the one who loses by the most tomorrow
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by mongoose »

VOTE: any jets fan. they deserve it.

also, UNVOTE: VOTE: cp freak for having a name I will not remember.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by mongoose »

go dolphins
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:12 am

Post by mongoose »

my policy is to lynch players that are anti town. unfortunately alot of players who have town roles play pro scum. is that my fault? no.
Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by mongoose »

unvote, vote coach travis

All right, I don't post too much and that post was a bit short and didn't contribute much. The point of the post was to try and figure out what the point of the whole policy lynch thing was. At that point I really didn't have a point to make about anything else, since I wasn't getting any reads.

Coach travis says my post was bad and suspicious, but doesnt really explain, right after he agrees with my post. He also says anti hero is town because his post was good. Again, no explanation. He also hasn't made any serious posts outside of this one.
And hes a Raiders fan.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 am

Post by mongoose »

Would you rather have me quote your post and say I agree? then you would critisize me of not producing any content. And if I dont see anything else as suspicious, what else can I do? Don't say come up with something original because there isnt much of a thread and he posted once seriously.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 am

Post by mongoose »

What didn't I counter? You mentioned twice I Copied what you said, which I responded to. I admitted to not posting much in the first paragraph of my original post, so you can't really complain about not responding to that. Read the first line of what he says, saying he doesn't agree with policy lynches, which is pretty much what I said. Anything else?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by mongoose »

GhostWriter wrote:
mongoose wrote:What didn't I counter? You mentioned twice I Copied what you said, which I responded to. I admitted to not posting much in the first paragraph of my original post, so you can't really complain about not responding to that. Read the first line of what he says, saying he doesn't agree with policy lynches, which is pretty much what I said. Anything else?
Pretty much what you said? All you said was:
mongoose wrote:Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
And that doesn't sound at all like someone disagreeing with policy lynches. Like, at all. And as for admitting to not posting much, if that's the case then stop trying to drop "CT hasn't posted much" so much. Shifting the attention to his lack of posting and away from your own. And you can't even really mention the most recent posts, because they come as direct responses to me. Between the copying you did in that original post, the fact that you never really said anything close to what he said on policy lynching, and the fact that your own lack of content kind of makes me wary of the fact that you pointed to his, I think I'm fine with the following: VOTE: Mongoose.
If you don't get the point of something, you tend to not agree with it.

I'm not trying to point out that CT hasn't posted much. I'm trying to say even when he is being pressured to say something, he isn't. He really isnt saying at all, which I have, now.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by mongoose »

Mariyta wrote: I like my vote because it doesn't seem like an "I'm really busy and signed up without thinking" replacement. It seems like a "Well, crap. I signed up, got scum, and I don't like playing scum. This game sucks." Others may not see it that way, but Raz had a couple votes on him and he obviously was interested when he signed up (or why would he sign up?). It seems like a pathetic excuse to me. And I don't agree with the excuse that it's a slow start. Most games start a bit slow. If you want immediate action, don't start games; replace into them halfway through, instead. I hope his replacement proves me wrong, but my vote stays for now.
thats a really interesting take, though you could say the same thing about being a VT, in a game with so many interesting roles. Or he may not want the pressure or being QB. So I don't think it really is a scum tell.

also, mari, Horrordude voted for Coach travis.

I can understand Raj and inHim's closeness because they are good friends, or so they say.It happens with me and my friends on a different forum, so I can see where they come from.

Coach Travis wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:I'll start with a:

Vote: Coach Travis

I find that he's spent the majority of his time talking about who he thinks looks town and very little time looking for scum. His minor attacks on Mongoose are about the only attempts towards scumhunting I can see. Suggests that he's thinking more about looking town rather than finding scum.
That actually isn't unusual for me. See, I feel if I can find players I believe to be town, that will help narrow down the list of potential scum players, so I still think it's beneficial to the town. Obviously scum don't need to do such a thing, because they know who's scum and who's town, so they wouldn't need to worry about figuring out any alignment at all, where I like to figure out the alignment of everyone and point out whenever I have any type of read whatsoever. This has just been a game where so far I haven't seen a lot of things I'd call scummy.
The problem is, if you say that 3 people are town, and you cant find any scum, that doesnt help. Any scum can do the same, and why shouldn't they. Its not like the townies you are pointing out were going to be lynched any time soon anyways.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 am

Post by mongoose »

that wasnt role fishing. It was pointing out a flaw in a philosophy. I didn't expect and didn't really want a role in return
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by mongoose »

I dont see the bread crumbing. elaborate please. I dont really have a read on Jim anymore, maybe because a similar thing happened to me in my first game. Maybe I'm partial, or maybe its too provable and simplistic for the mafia to use as a excuse. IDK
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by mongoose »

Oh wait, I forgot to read page 7. never mind. I'm pretty sure hes town, as stated above.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Post by mongoose »

[quote='coach travis']
The thing is, I have posted one scum read, so you can't say I've made zero effort in catching scum, or putting pressure on anyone. So far I just haven't noticed that much suspicious behavior, as a lot of the activity so far has been around null things or jokes, so it's been easier to spot the players trying to help contribute content than those doing anything particularly scummy. And I post reads whenever I get them, so in a game like this, it's obvious I'll be posting more town reads because I'm having a hard time finding scum[/quote]

You realize you could say the exact same thing for me. If you are doing this, why are you voting me for doing the same?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:25 am

Post by mongoose »

coach travis wrote: The thing is, I have posted one scum read, so you can't say I've made zero effort in catching scum, or putting pressure on anyone.
I have done the same.
So far I just haven't noticed that much suspicious behavior, as a lot of the activity so far has been around null things or jokes
Again, same
, so it's been easier to spot the players trying to help contribute content than those doing anything particularly scummy.
anyone can post saying "that was a good post". It doesn't help at all.
And I post reads whenever I get them
as do I
, so in a game like this, it's obvious I'll be posting more town reads because I'm having a hard time finding scum
again, ditto. Unless you want me to post every time some one makes a good post
Mari, helpfulness has nothing to do with if you are scum or not. No one ever seems to call me helpful, and I always seem to get lynched (see SSBB, hide and seek, bondoox). I am not that good at making reads, and I make short posts. that has gotten me lynched in 2/3 games Ive played here, the third where I was almost lynched but saved because of a mass role claim. Maybe because I get lynched off these pointless "scum tells" is the reason I am so hesitant to point my finger at someone and say that they are scum, because 90% of the time they can say the same thing back. When I do accuse someone, I get a response saying I do the same thing. Just like here. And now if I accuse anyone else, guess what happens.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by mongoose »

I have to go to school now, but I will read what happened overnight again when I get back. And make an informative post then too
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by mongoose »

i agree with coach travis in the fact that the case on Kdub is very weak and I really don't think he is that scummy. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Also, I do agree with antihero about horrordude. His tends to respond to inquisition by questions of his own. Also, his pots just seem off.
unvote;vote horrordude
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by mongoose »

Locke Lamora wrote:Mongoose: tell me why you got lynched in Boondox. Was your gameplay very similar to here?
I would have gotten lynched if it wasn't for the mass claim. Yes it was.

Well, ghost said I shouldn't "parrot" other people, so I didn't. And because of that i get lynched. Remind me why saying I have a bad feel about someone is scummy, but when raj, antihero, and others who get "town vibes" aren't scummy?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by mongoose »

unvote. vote: shotty

those posts were scummy beyond belief.

Raj, how will a claim help?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by mongoose »

I still don't like Mongoose, for reasons I mentioned day one, and he probably was just sacrificing his partner once he knew it was unavoidable. Vote:mongoose
I could say the same about you. I'm not sure why people are wagoning on me but if someone would care to elaborate I could explain.

I really dont like the claim by CT, but I would like to point out we still have an FB, to protect. If that is true, we can afford for him to inspect a player (most likely me, since I am the most suspicious, according to you all). If he says I'm scum, then you lynch me and we have proof that he is scum. On the other hand, the fact that we still have a full back means the real TE can claim, and be protected. If no one counter claims then he is confirmed, if someone does he isn't confirmed but not neccesarily scum either. thoughts?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by mongoose »

vote: inhimshallbe

not one thing productive, and no explanations. Ok, one post with an explanation (#220)
inHimshallibe wrote:
Antihero wrote:
Mariyta wrote:That's seriously your reasoning?
No, I completely made that reason up to see how you (and I was hoping other players) would react. Your reaction is satisfactory.

UNVOTE: Mariyta
mongoose wrote:Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
Not giving any opinions on other players + criticizing other player's opinions with no reasons = scummy
VOTE: mongoose
jason wrote:I kinda see it as nothing more than a conversation starter to be honest, I see people calling for Policy lynches etc early on a few times and its done to stimulate conversation. Besides, how many actual policy lynches happen on day 1?
Discussion about discussion = fail
Please start posting real content.
kdub wrote:He is town based on what exactly?
This post pinged on my scumdar a bit. Kdub isn't calling inhim out on a scumslip, but instead seems annoyed that inhim has such an early townread on freak. IGMEOY
<3

unvote
vote: mongoose
inHimshallibe wrote:):

It's a heart.
inHimshallibe wrote:I rarely explain town reads. I'm not ignoring anything, I just think rajtown is so obv it DEFINITELY doesn't need explanation.

Welcome, Locke! MORE VOTES ON MONGOOSE ARE REQUESTED. Thanks.
inHimshallibe wrote:LL, we're best friends, so maybe I'm just biased? IDK. I have a good handle on rajtown, though, and this is it.
inHimshallibe wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:I'm actually fine with Jim for now though. I cannot wait to she him live up to this.
That should be "see", not "she"...
Yet still no unvote?

unvote
vote: GhostWriter

Tricksy scum.
inHimshallibe wrote:Remind me why we ever switched from mongoose again?
mongoose wrote:i agree with coach travis in the fact that the case on Kdub is very weak and I really don't think he is that scummy. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Also, I do agree with antihero about horrordude. His tends to respond to inquisition by questions of his own. Also, his pots just seem off.
unvote;vote horrordude
"Agree on this, agree on that, and also his posts just seem off."

"and also his posts just seem off."
Covering all the bases, I see.

unvote
vote: mongoose

Let's get this back on track.
inHimshallibe wrote:Indeed it was a bad call, based on the actual circumstances.

unvote

Be back in a bit.
I would like to point out he never came back
inHimshallibe wrote:
LOL
Where so you see a good post in these?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by mongoose »

unvote;vote:kdub

Hes trying to buddy up to me because he knows I'm not scum, and when I get lynched he will look like a smart townie. I'm still not sure why I am being lynched. Because I pointed out that inhim was scummy?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by mongoose »

also, inhim's vote isn't helping his cause at all. It makes him look even worse, without any reasoning.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by mongoose »

Mariyta wrote:Mongoose is almost definitely scum.
Why is it that I always survive longer as scum than town. Hurry up and lynch me, since you dont seem to be listening to any logical arguments and I want you all to feel stupid.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 am

Post by mongoose »

sorry guys, I was up in the mountains, where even the mobile internet thing doesn't get connection. I probably got the scummiest role (easiest to fake I mean, which doesn't help my cause), in offensive tackle.
Go Hawkeyes!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”