Mini 1029: Boondox Mafia (GAME OVER!!!! )

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 am

Post by KageLord »

Wait... you protected him last night because you thought scum would shoot him last night to prevent the kill tonight? Or you protected him last night because you thought scum would shoot him last night to prevent the kill last night?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by el simo »

The former. I got my night mixed up and thought mongoose was killing tonight...
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Hmm...don's dead. I must've been roleblocked last night, because I jailed don. -_-;

el simo wrote:The former. I got my night mixed up and thought mongoose was killing tonight...
But he is, isn't he? don claimed even-night vig, but flipped odd-night vig. Which means he probably killed raivann, but...I dunno, I'm sort of confused.

@mongoose: Can you maybe clear some things up for us? What are you, and what did you do?
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by KageLord »

Skill006 wrote:Hmm...don's dead. I must've been roleblocked last night, because I jailed don. -_-;

el simo wrote:The former. I got my night mixed up and thought mongoose was killing tonight...
But he is, isn't he? don claimed even-night vig, but flipped odd-night vig. Which means he probably killed raivann, but...I dunno, I'm sort of confused.
I was waiting to point this out until everyone had a turn, but yeah... turns out don purposely switched which of them was odd and even when claiming. It was a pretty good idea, but scum must have caught on N2 since mongoose was apparently blocked (mongoose can confirm or deny this now, since don claimed he was somehow stopped from killing Bunny N2). Scum should be the only ones other than mongoose and don (and mod, duh) that knew the correct position of their roles (and thus chose to kill don last night since it was his turn to shoot).

Scott, what are your thoughts at this point? Top 2 for scum?
Show

Record:

mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by mongoose »

I dont believe a word of skill anymore. I got roleblocked, undoubtedly, as I tried to kill skill. Also, we claimed opposite roles to try and get roleblockers off us, but I suppose they caught on. anyways, VOTE: skill
Go Hawkeyes!
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Skill006 »

mongoose wrote:I dont believe a word of skill anymore. I got roleblocked, undoubtedly, as I tried to kill skill. Also, we claimed opposite roles to try and get roleblockers off us, but I suppose they caught on. anyways, VOTE: skill
You were roleblocked? O_O; Does that mean...there are 3 roleblockers in this game?! What the crap?? Is there some sort of conspiracy to make me look like scum?? :(

Um, and aren't you an even-night vig? Were you both odd-night vigs? Are you just an every-night vig? I'm really confused. The roles in this game are really whacko >.>

And why are you voting me? Aren't we in LyLo? Well, actually since bunny is dead, maybe we're not.

Players:
El simo
Kagelord
mongoose
Skill006
Scott Brosius

That's five...with probably two scum left. So yah, we're in LyLo. I suggest taking your vote off of me before scum hammers me.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by el simo »

Why would there be three roleblockers? According to you, only you and mongoose were roleblocked. Scum slip much?
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Well, I was referring to myself as a roleblocker too, since jailkeeper is part roleblocker. Would it be less strange for there to be 2 roleblockers and one jailkeeper?
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by KageLord »

mongoose wrote:I dont believe a word of skill anymore. I got roleblocked, undoubtedly, as I tried to kill skill. Also, we claimed opposite roles to try and get roleblockers off us, but I suppose they caught on. anyways, VOTE: skill
What night was this?
Show

Record:

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by danakillsu »

don_johnson was an EVEN night vig. I apologize for the mistake.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mongoose is 100% confirmed given the whole "1 of the twins is dead" flavor in the kill. I still think that it's unlikely simo and skill are scum together. So by default that leaves KageLord and one of simo/skill. I am weary of both of their claims, and of their discussion today. Simo's confusion about odd/even days and his protection do not seem genuine. But this is outweighed by the survival of the NK by Skill.

Vote: Skill006
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by KageLord »

Huh... somewhat unexpected. So it's Scott/simo then? Or possibly still Scott/Skill with a dangerous gambit.

Real Claim: Town Tracker

The reason why I lied about my claim will become apparent soon enough. Night 1, I tracked Raivann because of his scummy behavior. He didn't go anywhere. We know why now (he died that night and flipped VT). Night 2, and I still feel like a dumb*ss for this, I got confused and thought I actually was a VT in this game. It wasn't until D3 started that I remembered I was the tracker in this game. So, Night 2 went to waste and I still had no information for town whatsoever. Then, mass claim time, if I claimed tracker, there would be decent odds that I would be killed or blocked. So, I claimed VT and hoped for results that night. Night 3, I tracked Scott. He claimed VT as well, but I figured he was lying.

I was right. Last night, Scott targeted don and mongoose. I don't know why there are two targets, but one is dead. Redirector would be a decent guess, I think. Scum could have blocked someone (probably skill/el simo, whichever isn't scum) and redirected mongoose to don. Any other ideas are welcome. Anyway, that's about it. Either Scott proffers a very good explanation for all of this, or he's scum.

For now, mongoose, I think you should take your vote off of Skill. Just in case. You can put it back on after Scott's had a chance to explain, if you want.
Show

Record:

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by el simo »

There weren't decent odds that you would have been blocked or killed any more than there were for me, Skill, mongoose or don. I don't buy it.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by KageLord »

el simo wrote:There weren't decent odds that you would have been blocked or killed any more than there were for me, Skill, mongoose or don. I don't buy it.
Well, considering mongoose and don only work one night a piece (so scum could completely ignore one for a night), and one of you or Skill is actually scum, I would say those are decent odds. If I was scum RB at that point and saw someone claim tracker, I would personally block/kill the tracker and either mongoose or Skill/simo (whichever I'm not). There is also the little fact that if mongoose shot and picked a townie, scum win.

Who would you pick if you were scum RB in that position? Say, for example, that it's Skill. That leaves tracker, doctor, and the two vigs to block and kill (also there's Scott's mystery role, which is probably scum PR, to think about). Disregarding that, consider that one of the vig's (don's) power doesn't work on that night. Wouldn't you block either the doc or the vig and kill the tracker? That way the tracker can't say any results he gets and either you get a surefire kill by blocking the doc (otherwise there is the risk you would protect me) and run the risk of one scum getting shot (or winning by a townie getting shot), or you could stop the kill and just run the risk of being stopped by the doc (what have you to lose anyway?).

Anyway, I just thought of something. If Skill is town, and we take it for granted that mongoose is town, that means 2 of Scott, simo, and I are scum. If either simo and I were scum though while Skill was town, we could have just hammered Skill right now for the win. Since simo and I have posted since L-1 and not hammered, either we're both town, or the scum team is simo/Skill. Either way, since neither of the two of us hammered and mongoose is practically cleared as town (unless we got totally hoodwinked by the setup and one of the mason vigs is scum), that means whatever the scum team is, it must involve Skill. If the team was simo/Scott, simo could have hammered just now. So... on the basis that mongoose is town... and I really really really hope that's a safe assumption to make...
Vote: Skill006

*closes eyes*
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by KageLord »

Either town just lost to Bunny/mongoose/Scott, or we just got rid of the second scum.

If it's the latter and I end up dead, you know my testimony in my "real claim" post is true.
Show

Record:

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by el simo »

You're last paragraph is why I hadn't voted yet. I found Skill scummy too but I wanted to see if we were going to get rushed votes from scum first. I think we hit scum. Both your and Scotts votes use more reason than I think scum would have. I reckon we got them nailed.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by el simo »

Your*

... :blush:
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by mongoose »

Well, I suppose all we can do is watch and wait to see the results of the lynch. Kage looks suspicious because he knows we are in a mylo situation and if we do lynch scott we have no chance to win, even though it means he is scum. So for now, I suppose we have no choice but to watch and wait.
Go Hawkeyes!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

KageLord wrote:Huh... somewhat unexpected. So it's Scott/simo then? Or possibly still Scott/Skill with a dangerous gambit.

Real Claim: Town Tracker

The reason why I lied about my claim will become apparent soon enough. Night 1, I tracked Raivann because of his scummy behavior. He didn't go anywhere. We know why now (he died that night and flipped VT). Night 2, and I still feel like a dumb*ss for this, I got confused and thought I actually was a VT in this game. It wasn't until D3 started that I remembered I was the tracker in this game. So, Night 2 went to waste and I still had no information for town whatsoever. Then, mass claim time, if I claimed tracker, there would be decent odds that I would be killed or blocked. So, I claimed VT and hoped for results that night. Night 3, I tracked Scott. He claimed VT as well, but I figured he was lying.

I was right. Last night, Scott targeted don and mongoose. I don't know why there are two targets, but one is dead. Redirector would be a decent guess, I think. Scum could have blocked someone (probably skill/el simo, whichever isn't scum) and redirected mongoose to don. Any other ideas are welcome. Anyway, that's about it. Either Scott proffers a very good explanation for all of this, or he's scum.

For now, mongoose, I think you should take your vote off of Skill. Just in case. You can put it back on after Scott's had a chance to explain, if you want.
The only explanation is that you are lying. Let's see how many holes are in this claim.

1. The tracking results are terrific. Tracked the NK1 VT. A very easy fake-claim as nobody will dispute it and it obviously went nowhere. "Forgot" he was tracker D2. Convenient results on me D3 after prodding everyone for who they targeted. Convenient timing.

2. Lying about the claim in the first place. The reason I was suspecting you was because of process of elimination and it seemed we had too many VTs.

3. As simo said, there were no better odds of you being blocked than any other PR. Again very convenient timing for this.

4. It's really easy to say things like this as scum as your flip as tracker will never happen. I do enjoy the quotes about your "real claim" though. Slip much?
KageLord wrote:Either town just lost to Bunny/mongoose/Scott, or we just got rid of the second scum.

If it's the latter and I end up dead, you know my testimony in my "real claim" post is true.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 am

Post by danakillsu »

And we have a lynch.

The guns continue to pile up at the gallows as you lynch Skill006, Mafia Roleblocker.
Night 4 begins now. Deadline is 1:00 Wednesday 9/22 CST.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Actually, I am changing the deadline to 1:00 Tuesday 9/21 CST. If you have a problem with the day starting then, please let me know.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by danakillsu »

A wizened old man stepped out into the street. He had lately been bribed not to heal any of the townspeople. But double-crossing the town didn't help him any. For as soon as he started walking down the street, a red hole blossomed on his forehead.
el simo, Town Doctor, Died Night 4
It is now Day 5. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch, 2 to no lynch.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by mongoose »

KageLord
Scott Brosius
mongoose

the players left alive. That means I have the deciding vote. hmm.

mod: if two people submit a kill at each other, will both players die? If so, is the game a tie if no one is left?
Go Hawkeyes!
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by KageLord »

Yep, your vote is the decider. And Scott targeted el simo last night. But I'm sure you already knew that I would say that.

I really hope the answer to your question is yes (or if vig takes precedence, that would be even better). That would make things a heck of a lot easier for town here.
Show

Record:

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

KageLord wrote:Yep, your vote is the decider. And Scott targeted el simo last night. But I'm sure you already knew that I would say that.

I really hope the answer to your question is yes (or if vig takes precedence, that would be even better). That would make things a heck of a lot easier for town here.
I'm not sure why that is even important. The game is in mongoose's hands. We are clearly going to vote each other and he casts the deciding vote. If I get lynched, half of the remaining players will be scum, which is usually the win condition for scum regardless of the killing power of the remaining town player. Unless mongoose wants to no-lynch? But that is not a good idea.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”