Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I might not be able to post much as of late but, I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

@a2, Well I don't have much time to post yet the prod date is set a 24-hours. If the prod date was a little less strict it would be fine. Having to post content back0to0back days is challenging for my schedule. I also have a lot of trouble keeping up with large games as opposed to small ones. I think this will be the last large game I'll play (unless I play one over the summer...).

I will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability, I am town thus I have nothing to fear.
after a wank.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 am

Post by PranaDevil »

CoolDoG, the prod time is 48 hours, not the 24 you said, so it's not as strict as you are saying.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 am

Post by LimMePls »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: a2rudeboy

This may go into complete mafia game theory territory, but I have never once

once

once

seen someone Vote/HoS two people in the same post and not be scum.

If Cooldog is scum, lynch a2. If a2 is scum, lynch Cooldog.
I have to agree with the sentiment in this post. I still think we lynch CoolDog first. If he flips scum though, there is a really great target for the vig.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:27 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

PranaDevil wrote:CoolDoG, the prod time is 48 hours, not the 24 you said, so it's not as strict as you are saying.
Why are we worrying about prod dates anyway? To me thats some statementing they are going to lurk actively or otherwise.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 am

Post by vollkan »

CooLDoG wrote:I might not be able to post much as of late but, I will be happy to answer all of your questions.
<snip>
I will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability, I am town thus I have nothing to fear.
What I like about this post is the way you don't resort to AtE that verges on sycophantry.

Oh...wait Image

CD+1
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:34 am

Post by PranaDevil »

SnakePlissken wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:CoolDoG, the prod time is 48 hours, not the 24 you said, so it's not as strict as you are saying.
Why are we worrying about prod dates anyway? To me thats some statementing they are going to lurk actively or otherwise.
I think CD was saying that as it's only 24 hours, and he's busy, he couldn't commit to the 24 hour limit (in which case, replace out surely?). However I was pointing out that he should pay closer attention as it's double what he thought it was.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:41 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

SnakePlissken wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Good. We were right on Espy. That was a nice shot.
Demon, how is this gloating?? I'm kind of confused, if anything that sounds like your bitter because the mafia dude got shot?
Demon hasn't come back to me off this comment yet, so Im reposting so you don't have to trawl back and find it incase you wanted to get around to answering it.
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

It WAS (to my knowlage) 24 hours. Do any of you have any questions for me?
after a wank.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

CooLDoG wrote:It WAS (to my knowlage) 24 hours. Do any of you have any questions for me?
Who is top of your list for lynching in this round?
Why should we not lynch you? (And no 'Because Im town' type answers please)
Show

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Simple, I would like a horror dude lynch, But I would like a Jack lynch over a horror, for his buddy up with esp.
And because no one has yet to put out a case. The only argument for my lynch this day is that I have a tight schedule. I would also like to note that I was always for a esp lynch. If I was scum I wouldn't have bused him so early in the game, and held onto it for so long.
after a wank.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

vote cooldog
scummy bastard.
To much use of AtE.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:32 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Sorry Vezo AtE?
Show

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

SnakePlissken wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Good. We were right on Espy. That was a nice shot.
Demon, how is this gloating?? I'm kind of confused, if anything that sounds like your bitter because the mafia dude got shot?
:?

How is it not gloating? She congratulated the killer.

Gloating is either a new players' mistake or a bit of a slip in most cases. However, I'm giving Pom the benefit of the doubt here. Just not really sure why she'd post something like that.

Unvote, Vote: Cooldog
because I'm alright with an a2 or Cooldog lynch. LMP pretty much read my mind.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:55 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Unless they are a serial killer, surely they have done the town a favour or are you not happy with that? Do you want to see the Mafia win?

FOS DemonHybrid
Show

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

No, but there's no need to "congratulate" the people who have done the mafia killing.

Gloating is simply a noob tell or a slight scum tell and I was looking further into it. I really don't know what else to say on the matter and I don't see how me not liking her gloating = me not liking Espy's death.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Wasn’t aware that the game opened yesterday..
SS was town huh?....yeah he kept making comments last night like “aren’t you going to feel stupid” last night. We basically argued last night, neither of us trusted each other to even think about using there ability...though, I did ask him what he thought of CD and said he would be the only person I would consider using the power on.

I see that zwet and Pom used their ability last night on Esp?...curious, who came up with the suggestion first?
PranaDevil wrote:
I'm not happy with CKD personally,
purely because he came out day 1 and revealed his role because he didn't trust his partner
, and it's his partner who gets nobbled? Could easily have been a big ball of WIFOM from CKD to throw us off the scent. But as there's going to be more than one scum out there I'll look elsewhere for now.
in reference to bolded...did I come out because i didnt trust my partner? or did I come out because I wanted everyone to have as much info as possible, especially IF my partner was scum. someone needed to be accountable for the kill...are you misrepresenting here, or simply misunderstanding my claim again? But lets play your game, so I am throwing a big ball of WIFOM to get your off my scent on page fucking 1?...you really are putting that forward? What scent were people tracking at that point?

I agree CD looks super scummy, but this wagon is really rocking and rolling pretty quick….

What is the rush?

Also CD, you had a question for me yesterday, but a.) completely ignored my post/questions and b.) didn’t get your answer….I thought it was important..why did you hammer if you still had a question outstanding?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:38 am

Post by PranaDevil »

CKD, I meant later down the line, but it's a weak point, I just felt it should be out there for others to consider in case they hadn't thought of it. It's not enough to do anything just now anyway, so I'm not going to pursue it anyway.

How is CoolDoG looking super scummy? Is this the same way Nero looked "super scummy" but wasn't in the slightest? Can someone honestly sum up the case on CD for me here? As so far it just seems like he's getting pushed heavily for... not being able to be online constantly? Since when was being busy off site a scum tell?

Also, why are we suddenly not pushing on Vezo and Jack more? Jack was close to Espy, in fact he was the only one willing to stick with Espy it seemed, and Vezo... well he's done nothing at all in the slightest worth considering as useful, same for zwet (unless it turns out zwet was the one who initially proposed the Espy kill, which I think was what he was saying when he said Pom jumped to agree with it quickly, not that it makes him town, but it means he's more likely to be than if he just went along with the kill).
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

vollkan wrote: None of those points are at all paticularly reflective of any actual analysis, and all but the vague "AtE overload" charge are only dubiously scummy at best. I can't see how they could justify a HoS. But then we get the "biggest tell" of repeating a case. Putting aside whether that really is a huge scumtell, a2 immediately proceeds to undercut this with his last sentence (bolded). In other words, he both thinks it is the "biggest scumtell" (among a handful of rather piddly 'scumtells', the aggregate of which apparently justifies a HoS), but is also uncertain about whether or not it is a scumtell.
a2rudeboy wrote:So, having equally incredibly strong suspicions on two players after 24pgs is considered scummy now?
Quote for me please where somebody attacked you for 'having equally strong suspicions'?
Vollkan, I misspoke myself in that last section, and I admit that I contradicted myself. What I meant to say is that all of those little things, even though separately may be only dubious scumtells, added up together, they give me the biggest impression of scum. I am unsure if the unnecessary repeating of a case at a time when no case was needed was either a scum slip or if it was just stupid play (certainly not needed/beneficial to either side). At the same time, if i take the repeating of the case (which I am unsure about until i hear more from CD), but combine it with the previous little things, that's what caused me to say biggest scumtell. It's not the biggest on it's own, but for me it's what tipped his overall play into scumland.

As regards the equally strong suspicions. That was how I interpreted DH's vote. The argument was based on having seen scum drop a vote and a HoS in the same post and get away with it too many times before. I haven't seen that yet in my experience on this site. If you'd like, I can link you to a game where I was scum and one where I was town. My question is, had i only FoS'd CD, or still mentioned my issues with him and not done any action at all, would we still be having this conversation right now? At this moment, I suspect Jack as much as I do CoolDog, feel that both are worthy for more than a FoS, but could only vote one.

CooLDoG wrote:I might not be able to post much as of late but, I will be happy to answer all of your questions.
CooLDoG wrote:It WAS (to my knowlage) 24 hours. Do any of you have any questions for me?
Yes, I do. Could you please answer them? Do you need me to repost them:
a2rudeboy wrote: @Cool- Why the need to constantly tell us you are leaving quickly when you post? Is it a reason to cover up for lack of content? Wouldn't it be more pro-town to wait until you had time to build a case and post? Explain why you justified the lynch after the hammer, without original reasoning? Explain how any of these actions were protown.

@Prana- I've tried pushing Jack, but it doesn't seem to be picking up much steam.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Jack doesn't do anything though. Sure he sided with Espy, but he throws so little of anything around how does that make him scum? I know I voted him in the last round but there are others such as previously mentioned CD and then there's you a2 seems to me your indecisiveness is just a way of hedging your bets on who town will follow onto the Wagon and you'll be hopping right on. I think you need a closer looking at in the coming posts.

I need to understand Volkans reasoning on you a bit better, but it hard to concentrate on a train. I think later...
Show

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:58 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@Snake- What do you make of Jack's tunneling on NC and earlier buddying with confirmed scum?
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Well there's two lines of thought, one he's sh** stirring to elicit a reaction from others ( myself included) and two, he is actually mafia but with no role. However I'm leaning towards the prior. He's done nothing since Day 1 so it's hard to tell.
Show

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@a2, look at that deadline, I wanted to make sure we had a lynch. I would have preferred a esp, horror, or Jack lynch but nero also had some lurking (more then me :lol:) points, and most of the town (and most if not all scum) was in support. Thus I hammered.
I would also like for you to post some content on me, I will answer everything you ask if you post it.

I wasn't sure at the time if I could make a full reasons post (as I have said many times I can't be on 24/7/365) when I hammered. Thus, I went back and told my reasons later when I had the time is there anything wrong with that?

And to answer the question about waiting, I didn't want to run over deadline and not get a hammer thorugh...

@all voting me, I want you guys to post a case on me NOW. I will answer to all if you simply ask. I can't answer to generic shit like "he's supper scummy", or "scummy bastard". My only answer to those reasons is this: I'm town. That is the only and the best answer. Anyone else wanna take a crack at building a case on me (vollk seems like he enjoys such things). Then I will answer to every point presented.
after a wank.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

@CD come on pal....you really going to ignore this?
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Also CD, you had a question for me yesterday, but a.) completely ignored my post/questions and b.) didn’t get your answer….I thought it was important..why did you hammer if you still had a question outstanding?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by LimMePls »

CooLDog wrote:@Espeonage: Hate to sound scummy, but what erges you to say that Jack is town. Isn't it a bit early to defend someone? And wouldn't a bandwagon help the town? You are however, correct in saying that not all power roles have post-restrictions and visa versa.

@Jack why do you want to know about post restrictions? It seems like it wouldn't effect you this early on.
Hate to sound scummy!? I bet you do. That statement is so bad. First off, what about those questions make you sound scummy? Second, why do you hate to sound scummy? If you recognize that saying it is scummy, then why say it? Is there a town reason to say it? If so, then why is it scummy? DOES NOT COMPUTE! Also, the question to Jack can be read as role fishing. Why do you want to know what Jack's concern is with post restrictions?
CooLDog wrote:@esp, I feel a good bandwagon coming on. It would help the town if this could go far (not necessarily to a lynch though. However, if you continue to play like you do it might just do so).
vote esp
This reads like a bus to me. How would it help the town if it went far but not necessarily to a lynch? If you think he is scum, why wouldn't you want it to end in a lynch? If you think he is town, why vote him at all?
CooLDog wrote:Why is ESP scummy now? I personally think he is for reasons that I/town have already said earlier.
And Isn't being lurky scummy?
You had been pushing esp as scum the whole of D1 (which is interesting all by itself given the flip) so what exactly was your problem with Vezo agreeing with you? I don't understand why you would push so hard for someones lynch and then start questioning people when they agree with you and start voting.
CooLDog wrote:Are you implying that you and Vez are buddies? fos: Looker. How could he get you killed?
I hate to keep opening up an old wound but Jack is active lurking, but I Don't think he is now worth a lynch over Looker or Esp.
CooLDog wrote:@zwet, why is looker scum?
You called Looker scum. Why do you then question zwet's scum read of Looker?
CooLDog wrote:I am going to look really bad for this, but I woke up really late this morning so I can't give my full reasons, but this above post sums most of my reasons up in his own words. The above is sooo scumy it begs me to vote for him. I'm concerned with how fast this wagon built up so fast though. if he flips town, then look at who is on this wagon, there WILL BE SCUM. for now though he's a good day-1 lynch unvote, vote nero chain (NC) Sorry I can't post any more but I did wake up really late...
You spent pretty much all of D1 calling esp scum, but then at the last minute you help derail that wagon and go after Nero. Explain please. This makes no sense.
CooLDog wrote:I might not be able to post much as of late but, I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

@a2, Well I don't have much time to post yet the prod date is set a 24-hours. If the prod date was a little less strict it would be fine. Having to post content back0to0back days is challenging for my schedule. I also have a lot of trouble keeping up with large games as opposed to small ones. I think this will be the last large game I'll play (unless I play one over the summer...).

This post just creeps me out.
CooLDog wrote:Simple, I would like a horror dude lynch, But I would like a Jack lynch over a horror, for his buddy up with esp.
And because no one has yet to put out a case. The only argument for my lynch this day is that I have a tight schedule. I would also like to note that I was always for a esp lynch. If I was scum I wouldn't have bused him so early in the game, and held onto it for so long.
Yes you would. It would only look worse if you bussed him so long and then let it drop without ever brining it up. Once you committed to it you couldn't just give it up. Also, if you were always for an espy lynch, then why derail his wagon at the last minute and vote NC?

I do have to say though, after the ISO and given Espeonage's flip, I'm actually not so sure about CoolDog anymore. It's weird because when I was reading after I replaced in he felt really scummy to me, but now that I ISO, given the espy lynch, it asks a lot of WIFOM about whether or not scum would bus a buddy so hard. However, given the fact that Esp's scum faction had a name, we could be dealing with 2 different scum groups, in which case CD could be scum and still be scum hunting.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SnakePlissken wrote:Sorry Vezo AtE?
AtE= Appeal to Emotion.

(I have read the thread, but I'm a bit too lazy, and don't know if I really have the time to write the post I want to right now. Definitely by later tonight or tomorrow morning.)
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”