/in-vitational 7 - Save Cow's Mind! (after 1014)

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by KittyMo »

before I read the endgame I`m calling haylen/faraday/reck scumteam. reck over dram because reck never promised dram
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oh Ythill, as much as I wanted to argue in thread that we should lynch based on your suspicions, I couldn`t because this site can`t handle NK speculation. They would just claim I was pushing that b/c you thought I was town.

Nik, I don`t think you realize that I didn`t even have internet access on 4-5 days a week during the end of this game and..well, you do know what shit has gone down somewhat, but no, I don`t think I can be expected to play up to par. Sorry I`m not aggressive enough for your standards. I guess that`s just not fucking me and I`m destined to fail every game I`ll ever play. It didn`t help that something specific said on Day 3 affected me far too much emotionally and all but destroyed my motivation to post. I know that was not purposeful, but eh.

DTM, I explicitly told you not to action me. I was pretty confirmed by the DRK flip. I have no idea why the fuck you risked blocking me considering I think town could`ve turned the game around. We`d have lynched confirmed scum Faraday, then Reck and dram would have a showdown and Reck would lose, leaving you and...idk who with Haylen in the endgame. I`m not happy...

Overall, this was the most painful game I`ve ever played and pretty much a waste of my worrying over it.

I still like all of you guys, but damn. That
sucked.

ps sorry I tunneled on you dram will you forgive meeeee
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Ythill »

Never be afraid to sheep dead Ythill.

Reck, you are very fortunate. My two remaining powers were a doc protect and a commute. If I hadn't protecetd KM, the town would have won this game. So, yeah, good NK choice. :D
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Nikanor »

KittyMo wrote:Nik, I don`t think you realize that I didn`t even have internet access on 4-5 days a week during the end of this game and..well, you do know what shit has gone down somewhat, but no, I don`t think I can be expected to play up to par.
If it's any consolation, I think that your play was the least bad out of the remaining townies on the last day. >_>
KittyMo wrote:Sorry I`m not aggressive enough for your standards. I guess that`s just not fucking me and I`m destined to fail every game I`ll ever play.
Firstly, I said be assertive, not be aggressive.
Secondly, I know that you can be assertive when you try. I've seen you do it. Don't make excuses to allow yourself to continue playing poorly.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by KittyMo »

And DTM, I am sorry for cussing at you, but I spent day 3 carefully ensuring that the scumteam would know for a fact that I was going to jailkeep reckoner. regardless of his alignment, that would change things. once I realized he was likely scum over dram, it narrowed down the scum to only 2 people that could submit the kill. I mostly chose Faraday because his name kept popping into my mind when deciding who to action, yes, but I was so positive he would be doing the kill and that I could save the game...then I see the thread title and get pissed off at myself for failing...then I read the endgame and I realize I really did everything I could to set up that night action...to be ruined by someone protown that thought I was town. really irritating.

And Nik, if I had been assertive I would`ve voted dramonic, probably. which wouldn`t have helped at all.

And hey my play was good in that only dram ever thought I was scum

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by KittyMo »

also Nik we should probably have this conversation later when I am less likely to scream FU

"plz don't swear" -- N
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Ythill »

My read on you had less to do with your play than it had to do with your night action claim. Just sayin.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Okay, that works for me.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Wait, disregard angry rant. Just realized DTM was scum and not Haylen.

Ummm. So I was right about 2 scum on d1. that`s just stupid man

<creates angry rant toward Haylen>

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by KittyMo »

OK, you`re right Nikanor. If I`d been assertive on Netopalis all this crap wouldn`t have happened. <angry rant towards self>

And fine, I`ll stop spamming this thread :/ :/

"plz don't swear" -- N
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't get an angry rant for failing?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

Nope. Just scum-luv.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Faraday »

Cuttlefish wrote:
Is it because your team doesn't have a kill-immune godfather, Faraday?
Because unless you're claiming
yet another
town power role, that's the only way I see you being 99% sure that my specific role does not exist.
LOL, well actually.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:24 am

Post by Faraday »

I enjoyed this game (probably because I won). I thought Neto was OBV scum day 1. Like seriously surprised he wasn't lynched. I think I've got a personal scumtell on him so that helps. I was itching from not bussing harder and then TL came along.

Eh, DTM I don't think he had an actual case on me? I don't even know that he was voting me, but imploding like that helps no one in the game and will generally get you lynched.

UK was obv town so we killed her. <3 Sorry, nothing personal obviously. Reck not dying was bizzare to the extreme. No idea what happened and then Cuttle was lynched >_> Haha don't fake guilties :P

Yeah MYLO was too easy. I stand by my not no lynching, in this case it wouldn't make sense, but really the town just looked like they couldn't give a fuck to try and win. See : SFG's self vote, Haylen's lazy play.

Just happy to keep up my scumwin streak, despite really not playing that well.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 am

Post by SFG »

I'm taking this to MD because even if Ythill and UK are jaded to the point that they don't care about misinformation (and also conveniently didn't bother to tell me that miller with scum cop/no cop was even ALLOWED in nonbastard setups), I do, and I made decisions from before the first post of the game onwards based on what really ought to have been, in my book, a valid assumption. We probably would have lost anyways, I'm certainly not saying town should have won this game, but I think we were handicapped when we shouldn't have been.
The textwaller of d00m
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Also is this the first time scum have won an /in-vitational?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

No. Scum won Simon Mafia II last year...also a game I was in...

Apparently, /in-vitationals with me in them are ones you wanna be scum in :P. Actually, Simon was lost due to apathy as well...dunno what it is about the group of players I like when they actually get to gether.

@SFG: I honestly didn't KNOW you were a miller since I was mostly scanning posts for oddities when I caught up. I had no reason to mention it D1, and I was dead later. I probably would have brought it up had I been alive.

And yes, I'm biased because I tend to run role madness games, and do stuff like that. I personally like including NK Immune Miller Vigs/SKs/mafiosos (haven't done the last yet, but it'd be fun.)

Honestly, when I first encountered miller with no cop way back in WOMAFIA, I wasn't irritated at all. I found it to be a really cool concept, actually. I think that role meta is a bad thing and it should be questioned. Obviously we're just going to disagree on this, which is fine. I have no logically compelling argument that makes me 100% right.

@Faraday: I figured. What I don't get is WHY I was obvtown. I posted a wall of text that didn't really SAY anything, and suddenly everyone says I'm town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Haylen »

Firstly, I would like to thank Cow for running the game.

Secondly, I would like to thank Nikanor for blaming the whole loss of the game on me. Nice work. *round of applause.*
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Haylen »

You KNEW I was V/LA for most of the game. You KNEW I was having other troubles at the same time.

HOW THE FUCK am I anything like that other person? At least I tried. I warned everyone that I didn't trust Reckoner's claim but got convinced otherwise. That other person would probably have just ignored the cop claim, ignored the result and tried to lynch the most protown person. So excuse me when I say I think you're being an intolerable fool right now.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Haylen »

*intolerant. not intolerable.

Sorry, but some people just don't play to your expectations.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Ythill »

SFG wrote:I'm taking this to MD because even if Ythill and UK are jaded to the point that they don't care about misinformation (and also conveniently didn't bother to tell me that miller with scum cop/no cop was even ALLOWED in nonbastard setups)
Excuse me? I'm supposed to know beforehand that you're going to make a bad assumption and then act preemptively to keep you from doing that? Even if I had somehow managed to be that psychic, you wouldn't have listened to me. I mean, I told you pretty clearly who the scum was and you didn't listen to
that
. :P

Blaming people for the loss is kinda silly. All of us could have played better. If any one thing caused us to lose the game above all others, it was my N2 action choice. And though the scum
didn't
do a good job of looking protown, they did manage to control the lynch pretty well and take advantage of others who were acting just as suspicious. So yeah... maybe our loss was their fault too, ya think?

@Faraday:
Your play has helped me to realize that I am (slowly) becoming immune to buddying. This is a good thing for towns, because buddying has made me fail miserably in the past. I was very pleased to learn that you were actually the third mafioso and therefore to know that, in my brain, evidence had overridden your manipulations. Yay! Hopefully this trend continues.

UK:
You were near the top of my request list and it was nice playing with you, even if it was very brief.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 am

Post by SFG »

Ythill, darling, I'm not blaming you for the loss either. Although I do believe I made it fairly clear that I was spending a fair bit of my time trying to find and confirm the cop, that isn't really the point. I already mentioned, even before town lost, that I'd made a mistake pushing a Cuttlefish lynch that could have been very easily remedied by just rereading the guy, for instance. I'm just saying that the fact that as far as I knew, having a town Cop to balance a Miller was all but an inviolable truth had a very large portion in the final mislynch that decided the game, and I feel rather cheated for having had absolutely no reason to assume anything differently. I thought it was fairly? obvious that this was my thought pattern even before Ythill was nightkilled when I automatically cleared Ythill when he mentioned investigations and said something to the lines of "if Ythill is Cop, he must be town"? Maybe it's just that before this game I'd only ever played in open and semi-open setups on this site, and I was assuming this game would be a LOT more "normal" than it actually was. At any rate I had literally no reason to believe that mod WIFOM like that was even allowed and I think that's come out quite a bit, and I think it was partially responsible for the town loss.

Am I making any sense at all? I'm barely awake right now so if you need me to try again tomorrow or something that'd be cool too.
The textwaller of d00m
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 am

Post by DTMaster »

I don't mind the rant kitty. I read that you didn't finish the end game reread so :p.

a. Ythill commute would have been possible. There was a debate on blocking you or kitty. Considering that kitty chose to jailkeep me that night I wouldn't be able to stop it. We could look back in hindsight but looking at it then it would be tough. Logically speaking you would need to kill the protection role before the investigation role but we got lucky.

B.in theme games always assume unique setups. It's a good lesson to learn and I favour the unpredictable role setup. I dislike the fact that scum can be gimped if role relationships exist. In Day Night mafia I did anepic bus but I died because my fake claim didn't mirror the roles claimed. Reducing game breaking strategies makes the game more intresting.

If it was even more lulzy I was a mafia day vig who can night kill before :)
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Ythill »

@SFG:
You misunderstand. The first paragraph of my last post was directed at you but the second one was a comment about Haylen/Nik/etc discussing blame for the loss. Sorry that wasn't entirely clear.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Haylen: I did not blame the entire loss of the game on you. However, the fact that you're saying you went against what you thought was true and voted a townie alone means you played terribly. Add that to the fact that you lurked the entire game when you had promised me that you were done with that makes me dislike you. Being lied to is not something I enjoy, Haylen.
I know that I could have done things better to prevent a town loss (like not getting lynched).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”