Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'll
unvote
and let everyone decide.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx wrote:I'd be more than happy to lynch Socrates today too. Town's choice.
Of course you would. But why if you have him in a neutral read in your last ISO post update and you have 80% chance of scum in me?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Slaxx »

You were my only scum read in my ISO, so the I started making connections with you to other players. I clearly stated that if I had to give two remaining FoSs it would be you and Oso, for individual reasons and actual connected reasons.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

And honestly, I put more effort into your wagon and attacked you more first because no one had FoSd you yet, and I really thought you were scum. So I pushed for yours harder. I could count on other people to push for SOC.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I would really like to hear from Parama more, I value his opinion and miss him gracing our presence.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 602 wrote:You were my only scum read in my ISO, so the I started making connections with you to other players. I clearly stated that if I had to give two remaining FoSs it would be you and Oso, for individual reasons and actual connected reasons.
How nice of you to unvote me when I apply pressure to you, and even nicer that you offer to lynch Socrates whom you've been suspicious of most all game (for reasons I can't seem to find) but recently said was a neutral read.
Slaxx, 268 wrote:Oso is third scum in case I die tonight. Not that I am an optimal kill anyway. I will wait for bubs claim.
Slaxx, 328 wrote:I think 2 out of Xine, Boberz, and Oso/Socrates are last scum, but I have to be honest, I am least suspicious of boberz. I will probably read more thoroughly this weekend.
Slaxx, 526 wrote:
Oso/Socrates:

-Seems frustrated about RVS ending early in first post
-Next 2 posts offer no content
-Next 3 posts make excuses for not posting content
-Completely ignores Bub and Bub wagon, never even comments on it except to ask a question to Parama which seemed to have a pretty obvious answer. Almost reads like "Uh....look guys! I acknowledged the wagon, see? I am not ignoring it but NO I will not take a stance on it".
Oso wrote:Help me out and point to that? I've been going over Bub's posts. Some of them are big and I probably missed something you didn't.
^-Where he asks Charter to point out Bub's scumminess (Either buying time so he doesnt have to be on the wagon or just hoping it gets looked over).

Oso wrote:@Parama, If I read your reasoning correctly, you think that Xine FOSed a scumbuddy and voted a townie. Then bub came in chainsaw defended a scumbuddy as well?
Pretty much the same exact thing.

Socrates, however, seems a bit more town than Oso, or at least a more inconspicuous scum. Honestly, I am not for sure about this read anymore. Probably
neutral
for now. I have read over Socrates ISO but I am not for sure I need more time to kind of make connections and process what he is saying and his stances on people.
Note that the last quote is the first time Slaxx has actually presented reasons for suspecting Oso/Socrates, and this is when he shifts back to neutral. So I'll ask the question more clearly: why was Oso/Socrates scum prior to this post? Now Socrates is possible scum due to connections with me but not the previous reasons you never provided before? I can't seem to find anywhere where you post anything resembling a case or level of suspicion of Oso/Socrates up until your ISO of him this game day.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Say it aint so, Slaxx. Say it aint so.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oso was scum d1 because he was scummy. His reads were scummy and he was deflective. He posted little to no content, and when he did it didnt seem genuine. I expressed concern by telling Parama to Iso OSo and see what he thought.
Notice D2 when Soc replaced in I didn't say much about it.
Now notice when I start looking for connections after that post you just quoted I find some odd connections with you and Bub and Oso so I FoS you two. Pretty clear to me. Idk what your problem is bro.
The only reason I unvoted you is I am trying to figure out why mafia would try so hard at this point in time. Not try hard, its not the right phrase, oh well. It kind of balanced the odds for me. 50/50 either way. You or Soc. Also, I recall you unvoting me after I put you under pressure. So what we've got here is called hypocrisy.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In addition, the unvote thing is ridiculous. Why? Because clearly I have a good enough case on you to lynch you. Only one more vote other than me to the hammer. If I was scum all I would have to do is convince one more person, and there are plenty left, that you were scum and bam, mislynch (If I were scum, which I'm not. Yeah, I am pretty much doing the whole I am town in parentheses thing to mock you, but in a playful way, I swear).

Instead I am giving my fellow townies (cuz im town) an option to see what they think of this back and forth and to see if your post strikes them in a similar way in which it did to me. Optimal scum play would be to stay the hell on the wagon and keep pressuring you.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 607 wrote:Oso was scum d1 because he was scummy. His reads were scummy and he was deflective. He posted little to no content, and when he did it didnt seem genuine. I expressed concern by telling Parama to Iso OSo and see what he thought.
He was scum because he was scummy? Solid read there. What about his reads were scummy? What specifically in his little to no content posting were you able to decipher a scummy intent? And since when does asking someone their thoughts equal calling the person you are asking about scummy?
Slaxx, 607 wrote:Pretty clear to me. Idk what your problem is bro.
My "problem" is that Oso/Socrates seems to have always been scum based on a relationship to someone else. You have never pushed for Oso/Socrates other than if someone else is scum despite being scared that Oso scum was going to kill you at night.
Slaxx, 607 wrote:Also, I recall you unvoting me after I put you under pressure. So what we've got here is called hypocrisy.
I wouldn't call you putting pressure on me in the timeframe you are speaking. I removed my vote after you clarified a misread/misconception I had about something you posted. You corrected something in my justification for voting you, which made my vote invalid at the time.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Lowell »

A couple of pages ago Xvart tried the "oh well, sorry i'm not being more helpful, good luck town" quasi-quit for sympathy. The last two pages he sees a glimmer of hope and his tone has slowly changed. He's a good lynch.

fos xvart
, with intent to vote as soon as I check the votecount.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by Lowell »

vote xvart
back to lynch-1.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by charter »

Slaxx wrote:Xvart, surely you can WIFOM better than that.
I thought it was pretty good WIFOM. His post made me about 99% sure he's scum, though.

Scum flailing. hammer. I don't want to hear a claim from him.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Parama »

The gist of xvart's defense is WIFOM and meta from what I can tell.

d(''d)

=====[]
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Parama »

There's way too much for me to respond to everything right now, btw. Might take a harder look at stuff later.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

charter wrote:
Slaxx wrote:Xvart, surely you can WIFOM better than that.
I thought it was pretty good WIFOM. His post made me about 99% sure he's scum, though.

Scum flailing. hammer. I don't want to hear a claim from him.
He claimed vanilla, just in case you ever bother reading.

You want this one.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:17 am

Post by xvart »

Lowell, 610 wrote:A couple of pages ago Xvart tried the "oh well, sorry i'm not being more helpful, good luck town" quasi-quit for sympathy. The last two pages he sees a glimmer of hope and his tone has slowly changed. He's a good lynch.
Yes, this is accurate. I haven't contributed a lot today and I didn't mention Bud hardly at all. There was nothing I could do about that and since I was vanilla I had no false expectation of getting out of being lynched. Then Slaxx posted this nugget and everything came rushing to me so I went back and checked it out.
Parama, 613 wrote:The gist of xvart's defense is WIFOM and meta from what I can tell.

d(''d)

=====[]
Actually, none of my defense is WIFOM; but I did throw out some observations of what I had been constantly thinking about when thinking about mafia over the last week. My defense is how scummy Slaxx is and how he is the optimal lynch.

Don't worry, I shall speak to you tomorrow from beyond the grave. At least we (and by we I mean everyone else) lynched scum D1 so we are ahead right now. Slaxx, you might as well hammer me because you will either be lynched today (if my wagon falters) or tomorrow (when people read what I'm saying in the context of my confirmed flip). You not so subtly get off the wagon you orchestrated, which is the most damning piece considering the context of your unvote.

Slaxx - You seem to be pushing this connection between Socrates and I. Is Socrates more likely scum based off of my flip or am I more likely scum based on Socrates flip?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

It pains Ein to say this, but he will be looking at Slaxx tomorrow if xvart flips town :(

You want this one.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Parama »

If xvart flips town, any vig with a brain should vig Slaxx.
In the absence of that, we have to waste a lynch on him D3 :/
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Slaxx »

I want to lynch myself today. But not before I get a chance to reread the thread one more time.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Slaxx »

I'm not for sure about xvart anymore. No need to possibly waste two lynches.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 2.08

xvart
(5): charter, Parama, DemonHybrid, Socrates, Lowell

Slaxx
(1): xvart
Xine
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
charter
(1): Xine

Not Voting:
boberz, Slaxx

xvart is at L-1

to lynch.

Deadline for D2 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 am

Post by boberz »

I am in again rereading, then responding to anything at me directly, then will tell you my views and in that order. (I am drinking again to warn everyone although not so much as to it to make my arguments less coherent I hope)
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 am

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 620 wrote:I'm not for sure about xvart anymore. No need to possibly waste two lynches.
Why are you not sure anymore?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

Partial gut, partially because I can't put a scum motivation (especially with Soc) into your last couple posts. I don't know why as scum you would be trying this hard to frame me. I mean if you're scum all this effort you put into the lynch was wasted, because I had/have hammer for a short period of time, I think. There was nothing else for you to do as scum except keep your mouth shut, because the more you talk the more it would clear me and incriminate whoever is left. Plus when you pointed out the thing with me directing the track I think thats way more likely to come from town.

Here's the deal: I can't talk myself out of this. The fact that there are already people lining up to lynch me tomorrow probably means you're town and they are setting up me as tomorrow's lynch. There is no way to prove this thought ptocess to anyone. Everyone is going to see it as scum backing off of a wagon. That's fine. Its my fault I played that way. But I am not going to just hammer you under these circumstances now. If I'm right, that is two wasted lynches. So instead I am offering myself up today. Just give me a few days to reread the thread.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”