mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:12 am

Post by mongoose »

my policy is to lynch players that are anti town. unfortunately alot of players who have town roles play pro scum. is that my fault? no.
Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
Go Hawkeyes!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:18 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i really dont know. because its not really policy. its playing the game to the maximum potential.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I kinda see it as nothing more than a conversation starter to be honest, I see people calling for Policy lynches etc early on a few times and its done to stimulate conversation. Besides, how many actual policy lynches happen on day 1?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:That's seriously your reasoning?
No, I completely made that reason up to see how you (and I was hoping other players) would react. Your reaction is satisfactory.

UNVOTE: Mariyta
mongoose wrote:Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
Not giving any opinions on other players + criticizing other player's opinions with no reasons = scummy
VOTE: mongoose
jason wrote:I kinda see it as nothing more than a conversation starter to be honest, I see people calling for Policy lynches etc early on a few times and its done to stimulate conversation. Besides, how many actual policy lynches happen on day 1?
Discussion about discussion = fail
Please start posting real content.
kdub wrote:He is town based on what exactly?
This post pinged on my scumdar a bit. Kdub isn't calling inhim out on a scumslip, but instead seems annoyed that inhim has such an early townread on freak. IGMEOY
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:26 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I agree with the vote on Mongoose, but I disagree with your stance on Kdub. I don't much like or understand townreads based on 2 or 3 posts during the RVS.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Mariyta »

I really hate the "I was just testing you" argument. Yes, the whole point of RVS is to test people and evaluate their reactions, but Antihero's response seems more like a "Crap, no one jumped on the bandwagon. Time to move on." And kdub's post was valid, not scummy. There is no reason for us to believe at this point that Raj is definite town (aside from the fact that he's Raj and Raj is always town, even when he's anti-town. *Antihero, this is a joke, fyi.*)

I agree with the vote on Mongoose, as well. Despite Raj calling it policy, that is really the whole point of the game (for townies, anyway). Mongoose adds nothing to the discuss while trying to seem helpful. Same for Razgriz, so my vote stands and becomes a serious vote.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:54 am

Post by charter »

VOTE COUNT

Coach Travis - 2 (jasonT1981, inHimshallibe)
rajrhcpfreak - 3 (Razgriz, mongoose, horrordude0215)
Razgriz - 3 (Mariyta, rajrhcpfreak, jimfinn)
jimfinn - 1 (GhostWriter)
Kdub - 1 (Coach Travis)
horrordude0215 - 1 (Kdub)
mongoose - 1 (Antihero)

NOT VOTING

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is October 3rd, Noon.

Also to clarify, if a backup QB takes over, they can pass to anyone (normally the QB can't pass to the same person consecutive nights).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Antihero wrote:
Mariyta wrote:That's seriously your reasoning?
No, I completely made that reason up to see how you (and I was hoping other players) would react. Your reaction is satisfactory.

UNVOTE: Mariyta
mongoose wrote:Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
Not giving any opinions on other players + criticizing other player's opinions with no reasons = scummy
VOTE: mongoose
jason wrote:I kinda see it as nothing more than a conversation starter to be honest, I see people calling for Policy lynches etc early on a few times and its done to stimulate conversation. Besides, how many actual policy lynches happen on day 1?
Discussion about discussion = fail
Please start posting real content.
This post pinged on my scumdar a bit. Kdub isn't calling inhim out on a scumslip, but instead seems annoyed that inhim has such an early townread on freak. IGMEOY
<3

unvote
vote: mongoose
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I personally hate policy lynches, mostly because I feel you should vote on who you actually find scummy, not on who you want out because they can't help. Yes, anti-town players are a problem, but wasting a lynch on someone you think could be town, is not a good idea, because if you keep doing that, the scum can just hide in the shadows and win the game easily. So just for suggesting such a thing, I'm not liking rajrhcpfreak, though I'm not sure if he's scummy or it's just a difference in playstyle. No read on Razgriz yet, because what he did is totally null. Antihero looks town to me so far, since he was the one to point out mongoose, and the rest of his post was also pretty good.

And yeah, that one post from mongoose was bad and probably the only really suspicious thing so far,
Vote:mongoose
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:I really hate the "I was just testing you" argument.
So, I guess you just prefer an RVS which spirals into a crappy theory debate about policy lynches...
Also, I was hoping others besides you would comment on it (I wasn't expecting bandwagoning votes; that actually would have sent up some red flags for me).
Mari wrote:Yes, the whole point of RVS is to test people and evaluate their reactions, but Antihero's response seems more like a "Crap, no one jumped on the bandwagon. Time to move on."
If you look at my meta, you'll see this isn't the case (inhim has seen it before). And also, I think you could figure that this isn't the case from the ridiculously contrived reasoning.

@inhim: "<3"? What's less than 3?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

):

It's a heart.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

as much as i love a good bandwagon there isnt enough for me to switch. i would like to hear more from mongoose. looks like most of his posts have joke undertones and random stuff.
Show

raj's to do list:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

:( inhim you do smiley faces incorrectly.
Show

raj's to do list:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:
Mariyta wrote:I really hate the "I was just testing you" argument.
So, I guess you just prefer an RVS which spirals into a crappy theory debate about policy lynches...
Also, I was hoping others besides you would comment on it (I wasn't expecting bandwagoning votes; that actually would have sent up some red flags for me).
Mari wrote:Yes, the whole point of RVS is to test people and evaluate their reactions, but Antihero's response seems more like a "Crap, no one jumped on the bandwagon. Time to move on."
If you look at my meta, you'll see this isn't the case (inhim has seen it before). And also, I think you could figure that this isn't the case from the ridiculously contrived reasoning.
I didn't say it wasn't a valid scumhunting method. I just don't like it. Especially when you give in so easily. :) My apologies for not keeping quiet til scum jumped on. Next time I'll give the fish time to bite.

I don't like meta play. People are constantly learning/evolving and I don't feel that looking at past games is as helpful for me as it may be for others.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Antihero »

Coach Travis wrote:I personally hate policy lynches, mostly because I feel you should vote on who you actually find scummy, not on who you want out because they can't help. Yes, anti-town players are a problem, but wasting a lynch on someone you think could be town, is not a good idea, because if you keep doing that, the scum can just hide in the shadows and win the game easily. So just for suggesting such a thing, I'm not liking rajrhcpfreak, though I'm not sure if he's scummy or it's just a difference in playstyle. No read on Razgriz yet, because what he did is totally null. Antihero looks town to me so far, since he was the one to point out mongoose, and the rest of his post was also pretty good.

And yeah, that one post from mongoose was bad and probably the only really suspicious thing so far,
Vote:mongoose
This wagon jump looks kind of shady to me because you don't say anything about about why mongoose's post was bad. IGMEOY too.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Not to mention the whole "and the rest of his post was also pretty good" bit.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Kdub »

Antihero wrote:This post pinged on my scumdar a bit. Kdub isn't calling inhim out on a scumslip, but instead seems annoyed that inhim has such an early townread on freak. IGMEOY
It wasn't my intention to call a scumslip. I really wanted to know why he had a town read so early. And I should point out that he didn't even answer the question.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: inHim

Ignoring questions is scummy IMO.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

AntiHero wrote:
I don't really agree with you here... Questioning why people give town reads without reasons is a good reason to question someone...

Inhimshallibe, I really don't like your post 57. You don't do anything except quote a post, make a smiley, and seem to jump on a bandwagon. At least saying why you agree with the post would be decent.
FoS
for you.

Coach Travis wrote:Yes, anti-town players are a problem, but wasting a lynch on someone you think could be town, is not a good idea, because if you keep doing that, the scum can just hide in the shadows and win the game easily.
Something I noticed here... Why would you lynch someone you think could be town? :lol:
Coach Travis wrote:So just for suggesting such a thing, I'm not liking rajrhcpfreak, though I'm not sure if he's scummy or it's just a difference in playstyle.
Wishy-Washy blah blah blah.
Coach Travis wrote:No read on Razgriz yet, because what he did is totally null.
Can someone explain what Exactly Raz did? I'm still confused about that lol.

And yeah, that one post from mongoose was bad and probably the only really suspicious thing so far, Vote:mongoose
I'm seeing this as slightly opportunistic and parroty-ish.
Minor FoS

Antihero wrote:So, I guess you just prefer an RVS which spirals into a crappy theory debate about policy lynches...
Was this an attack on me or something? That's what it's looking like...
Kdub wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: inHim

Ignoring questions is scummy IMO.
inHim's post looks like an RVS comment to me... I don't really know why the question was asked in the first place...
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Antihero »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Antihero wrote:So, I guess you just prefer an RVS which spirals into a crappy theory debate about policy lynches...
Was this an attack on me or something? That's what it's looking like...
No, it was an attack on jason's last post. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know. :P
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by mongoose »

unvote, vote coach travis

All right, I don't post too much and that post was a bit short and didn't contribute much. The point of the post was to try and figure out what the point of the whole policy lynch thing was. At that point I really didn't have a point to make about anything else, since I wasn't getting any reads.

Coach travis says my post was bad and suspicious, but doesnt really explain, right after he agrees with my post. He also says anti hero is town because his post was good. Again, no explanation. He also hasn't made any serious posts outside of this one.
And hes a Raiders fan.
Go Hawkeyes!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

guys, I am really sorry however I have to replace out, there has been a death in my family and I will not be about too much to play mafia. Again, I am sorry. The mod has been notified.

Jason
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:41 am

Post by GhostWriter »

My condolences, Jason. I wish you the best.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:43 am

Post by GhostWriter »

mongoose wrote:Coach travis says my post was bad and suspicious, but doesnt really explain
Polly wanna cracker?
mongoose wrote:right after he agrees with my post.
I don't see it.
mongoose wrote:He also says anti hero is town because his post was good. Again, no explanation.
I totally referenced that, Polly.
mongoose wrote:He also hasn't made any serious posts outside of this one.
And hes a Raiders fan.
Pot calling kettle black, plus a little extra pointless joke to attempt to lighten up the post right after having talked about someone not having serious posts. Lovely.

I didn't like his post, and I'm still decided whether I like your post even less or not. I probably will.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Antihero »

@jason: I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences as well.

GW's post above = goodposting
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Mariyta »

I'm so sorry, Jason. My thoughts are with you.

I'd like to hear what Razgriz has to say about the Mongoose wagon. I'm torn between the two at the moment. They both are posting w/o saying a whole lot.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”