Newbie 1002: Nowherevilletownplace (D3)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by el simo »

You know what.. Furcolow I think you are right. It's called active lurking and it's something scum do to keep town arguing between themselves.

unvote
vote: lobstermania
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Furcolow »

thanks
lets get zenken, frozenaeon, anyone who wants to convince me theyre not scum, hop on

this is the only time you can make amends with me before i die or am saved tonight
i hope it's saved!
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Zenken »

I can agree with the vote of lobstermania under the he's been lurking far to much to of any help for the town. but I can't be 100% sure he's scum based on the tactics he uses, there is just no way to be completely sure.

But as this point, it seems fairly logical.

and by this point, I mean hours away from the deadline.
unvote
Vote: lobstermania
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

zenken voting LM makes me a little more cautious about it, but if he is scum then I'll definitely look elsewhere as I don't see zenken as the bussing type
Maddie
Maddie
Townie
Maddie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Maddie »

Alright, I suppose I'll have to do this quickly, while there is still time.
I've been catching up and hopefully you'll know what I'm reffering to - again I can provide quotes upon your request.
@ Bazz - pushing a lynch is not scummy as long as you have some relevant reasons. Also, when you do it, the "target" can't really know how serious you are about them being lynched, so you get something which might be closer to an honest reaction. Even if you have to deduce it from very subtle nuances. Also, you get the other's reactions to that "opportunity" - whether they jump in with a vote, or they oppose it, relations between players based on who they help, who they bus and who they are trying to lynch etc. So in my book, pushing for a lynch can be very useful as long as you know what you are doing, you can control it and you know when to stop.

Another point I would like to make is that el simo's experience should not make him a target. Of course he might be better than us and especially because of that we must consider the possibility that we are more suspicious of him than of the rest - and less tolerant, too. However, I think he deserves a clean, objective read. Right earned by being active and helpful.

Furcolow obviously strikes again, with odd random voting requests this time, and again I can't really see how he will help, but if there's even a 1% chance he can help, we can afford giving him another day, though not open-heartedly from my part.

As for where my vote goes for today... I know there is very little time left so I'm re-reading and I will provide it shortly.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
MightyDarkZero
MightyDarkZero
Townie
MightyDarkZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by MightyDarkZero »

As much as I find Furcolow's wishy-washy voting a bit strange, his suggestion is probably the best we can do at this point. Even though I'm still a little suspicious of el simo and Furcolow (more so the latter), it's still too early to make any final judgments on them. If what Furcolow says is true, we can learn a lot from this night. Even though they seem to be in pretty good standing right now, I'll still be keeping an eye on them after tonight.

I see people are still suspicious of Zenken too, but I stand by what I said earlier. I'll be watching him as well, but I truly feel his "scummy actions" are just from him being new. As I said before, the best course of action looks to be in Furcolow's suggestion. Let's see how the night goes and start preparing for tomorrow.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt Zenken. Don't let me down or it'll come back to bite me too. XD
Maddie
Maddie
Townie
Maddie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Maddie »

To be honest, I have no read on Lobstermania. Too little of what he said is actually game-related. What I do have is Zenken, who is a very scummy newbie. On the other hand, Lobstermania may go on providing no content at all, his general inactivity making him useless as anything other than a number. To be fair, he did post one relevant more developped text, however it was still to simply respond. It's not so much his actions, as it is his lack of action that makes him look like scum.
These are my main two suspects and I would very much rather vote based on something I suspect than based on literally nothing. I am not saying keeping quiet is good, but Zenken's latest attitude - deflecting into non game-related talks, easily changing sides (quotes upon request)- is consistent with trying to post without saying anything and buddying up for a lynch other than his own. I already gave Zenken the benefit of the doubt, and in my opinion, he is not clean. So I am sorry if I am wrong, but I will go with my logic.
Vote: Zenken
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Furcolow »

when i die tonight, or if i don't, or if my check goes through, we will have a much better picture tomorrow
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Vote Count:

Zenken- 1- Maddie
Furcolow- 1 - Zenken
el simo- 1- ooBAZZoo
lobstermania- 4- Furcolow, el simo, Zenken, MightyDarkZero (L-1)

Not Voting:
Kanashimi
lobstermania
FrozenAeon

Due to the deadline, Lobstermania is lynched by plurality.

Day 1 Ends!

You gather in your silly little town to go about with silly little business. Fuck fairness and equality! We don't give people trials. Evidence? PAH! We hang bitches. That's all there is to it. So in the case of the hermit killer, you find Lobstermania hung by his neck. We're worse than Texas and their death penalty nonsense, we just hang people in the town square.

MOB JUSTICE, YEEHAW.

Lobstermania
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on D1.

Keep up the good work idiots! You are now one step closer to death!

You have approximately three days.

Night ends on Sept 20th, 2010 at 11:59pm. I need your night choices sent in to me or I will crush your bones down to the finest powder.

Countdown Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... ec=00&p0=0
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 am

Post by el simo »

Sykedoc: Deadlines are for actions not for moderator posts. Do not post in thread during night stages unless you like being modkilled.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Day 2 Begins!

As you all wake from your slumber you find a dead body hanging upside down and VERY NEKKID. Yes. VERY VERY NEKKID. You can see all of his dangly parts. It's not terribly pretty, and the current state of his dangly parts could use some work. The only item of clothing, if you consider it clothing, that the body has on it is a red clown nose. You have the worst feeling that you just started something you're not sure you want to continue. You continue to look until you identify the body...

Lets get this shit on the road!

El Simo
Townie
, was killed and stripped on N1.

Keep up the good word sheeple!

The NEW deadline is:
October 13th, 2010 at 11:59 pm MDT
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... c=00&p0=75

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by el simo »

Bah!
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Zenken »

Soo, Furcolow, what did you find out? our claimed Cop, who -wasn't- killed by some twist of Fate.
FrozenAeon
FrozenAeon
Townie
FrozenAeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by FrozenAeon »

Ew? Why was he naked?

I think Furcolow is probably a mafia. They would have killed him if he was a cop.
"Quick to judge, quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand"
~Rush, Witch Hunt
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

That's kinda to be expected. In my first game the IC was the first to be NKed too. Guess I was wrong about el simo being scum though.
FrozenAeon wrote:They would have killed him if he was a cop.
Not necessarily, although I'm eager to see what Furcolow says and will wait for that until commenting further.

I was busy when the deadline came down so didn't get a chance to give any input to the Lobstermania thing. Whilst I see the reason behind the vote, I definitely wouldn't have voted him. It was pretty much a random vote and I think we had far scummier reads (just not one we all agreed on).
I think its pretty safe to say that
at least
one scum was on the Lobstermania wagon.
x
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

P.s. @el simo - Thanks for being our IC.

P.p.s @Maddie - I know its a little belated, but I'd like to formerly welcome you to this lovely (if a little bit rainy) area of land we call England.
x
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

i rolechecked maddie, but the mod has yet to send me anything
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Furcolow »

the fact i wasnt killed, and my investigation of maddie wasn't fruitful, means there is probably a medic and a roleblocker... obviously. unless the mod messed up.

the fact el simo, my biggest supporter, was killed
that is a joke if you want to try to lynch me, zenken
you are likely mafia

vote: zenken
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Furcolow »

anyways, i pmed the mod, i'll be able to tell you if he messed up or if i was roleblocked soon
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Zenken »

See, here's how I see your argument.

el simo is dead, and that give probable scum tell to me, because I've voted for both Furcolow and el simo in the past. But that doesn't work out very well for me, taking my own grudge in town speak against both of you into a spot light. I'm sorry, no matter what your opinion of me is, I'm not that stupid. This is probably a set-up to make me look like a really poor mafia member. And to make you, Furcolow, look like you claim, a cop. I don't know much about how our Mod works, but he probably would've sent you, your results at the same time he would've made the D2 post. So, I'm stuck here, and I sorta need everyone else's thoughts.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Furcolow »

um no thats not what i was saying
i was saying someone killed el simo because he supported me vocally, and because they KNOW they have a roleblocker
which means: i am confirmed through deductive reasoning
which means: we have a medic
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Kanashimi »

Okay first of all, i'm sorry everyone. I've been really really bussy and didn't played my role as i had to. I helped the town very little, and i'm ashamed of that. I'm checking for voting patterns, and argumentation for last day lynching, including votes on people who didn't got lynched.
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Kanashimi »

I may also want to add my principal FoS'es last day were FrozenAeon, Maddie and MDZ.
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

@Furcolow - What was your reason behind rolechecking Maddie?

@Zenken - Can you please have a read back through your posts before submitting them. I'm struggling to understand what you meant by the first few sentences of your last post. Thanks.
Also, a question: What motive do you conceive for el simo being killed? and who do you think is most likely to have this motive?

@MightyDarkZero - What did you think about Lobstermania flipping town? and how sure were you of your vote (a percentage would be nice)?

@Everyone - Regarding Furcolow:
Whilst I still don't trust Furcolow, and maintain that he could well be scum, I don't think him surviving the night is surprising.
Hypothetically: If he's scum he'd survive the night (obviously).
If Furcolow isn't scum, and if the mafia do have a roleblocker, they know its set up 1 and therefore know there's a medic (because there's no setup with both a roleblocker and a cop and no medic). If this is the case - because Furcolow would have been the only real feasible option for the medic to save - scum know that they'd be wasting their kill if they targeted him.

When I said (in post #383) that keeping furcolow alive was pointless, this is the situation I was talking about. We are still none the wiser about whether he is cop or scum, and haven't learnt anything other than speculation about the game setup (which, even if we were sure about, is pretty pointless info anyway. We're here to find out scum, not people's night-roles). Even if his rolecheck had worked (which it didn't) I personally would have had a hard time believing it anyway, because of the likelihood of him lying.
In my opinion the night didn't prove or disprove anything about Furcolow's alignment or role, and I'm back to square one with my read of him.

On a different point:
Furcolow wrote:the fact el simo,
my biggest supporter
I don't know where you got that from. Early on he was pushing for your lynch, and only decided to back off to try and learn something from the night. I'm sure he found you as scummy as the rest of us did, so don't try and hide behind this point.

Also:
Just so people don't have to go filtering through the thread, these were the people on the Lobstermania wagon in order of their votes:
Furcolow, el simo, Zenken, and MightyDarkZero.
Whilst there may be other scummy things to focus on, its fairly likely that one of the three left alive are scum, so this is where I'll be focusing my attention for a while.
x
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Kanashimi »

NOTE: Remove Maddie in my last post.

Okay, checking for voting patterns is really dificult, because we handled a desperate situation, where near to the deadline we had no one to vote. That led to a really stupid (not that stupid, but stupid enough) lynch. I say it's not that stupid because after all, he was AFK, and everybody already claimed i'm the Policy-Lynch-Guy.
Also i wanted to explain this Policy-Lynch stuff further. Usually when we have ML's on EpicMafia, we get rid of our most useless players, as they won't bring any benefit to the game (atleast not a game such as EpicMafia). I see the thing here is a little diferent.

Getting back to the voting pattern, i couldn't see anything too suspicious. The most suspicious votes i found was:
MightyDarkZero wrote:As much as I find Furcolow's wishy-washy voting a bit strange, his suggestion is probably the best we can do at this point. Even though I'm still a little suspicious of el simo and Furcolow (more so the latter), it's still too early to make any final judgments on them. If what Furcolow says is true, we can learn a lot from this night. Even though they seem to be in pretty good standing right now, I'll still be keeping an eye on them after tonight.

I see people are still suspicious of Zenken too, but I stand by what I said earlier. I'll be watching him as well, but I truly feel his "scummy actions" are just from him being new. As I said before, the best course of action looks to be in Furcolow's suggestion. Let's see how the night goes and start preparing for tomorrow.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt Zenken. Don't let me down or it'll come back to bite me too. XD
There was 2 votes on lobster mania at that point. He had 2 Fos'es apart lobstermania and they both had one vote each. He could have easily voted for his fos'es and they could have bandwagonned on they tought was right, not just a "Follow the Cop" thingy.
el simo wrote:You know what.. Furcolow I think you are right. It's called active lurking and it's something scum do to keep town arguing between themselves.

unvote
vote: lobstermania
This votes also look really scummy too me as it was a BW vote Too bad he was town.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”