MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First up – TheLonging / AGar ISO

TheLonging I think plays a pretty naturally scummy game so I’m factoring that into this review.

ISO 3 – His jump on the dekes wagon. The reason – “dekes even ignored vezok”. A horrible reason as I’ve stated before. Also directly mentions Serial Killer without prompting. May be worth review later.
TL ISO 8 wrote:Your plan sounds good, but what do you mean guess someone's name? Like he daycops says someone's name and then that person claims name? I like that idea
Given all the discussion about potential names outing PRs this argument for going with vezok’s fake-claim is not Pro-Town.

AGar –

ISO 3 – Makes a case for HackerHuck.

Is see nothing else very peculiar Day 1 in his posts. I do note not a single reference to Jason in either ISO Day 1.

Around ISO 9 or so I see some back and forth regarding Vezok. Reading it is clear the Chesskid initiated the discussion but given his statement Day 1 to ‘stop discussing Vezok’ makes me wonder why he didn’t say that again.

I’m not necessarily sold on his Chess push which amounts to “hammer gambit was scummy’ and ‘he’s scum for not having a good reason to vote me’.

ISO 17 – “I want an explanation. And I want scumhunting, not gut” I’m not seeing significant scum-hunting in your ISO AGar, so this rings false as a double standard.

I don’t like TL’s vote on Dekes. I don’t like the lack of interaction with the Jason slot.

On to more recent posts –

Ademisk wrote: Chess is playing objectively bad today. Sure he was pretty high on my town list but I consider today's events over yesterdays. I still view dram/BC to be scummier from yesterday, but chesskid has been climbing steadily up my chart, and if this pattern continues he will have well earned that vote by the end of the day. And just because I have my vote on him now does not mean I want him lynched today, period. For that matter, I am the only other vote on him. If he was higher up, I would have thought twice.
So you are saying that you really don’t think Chess is scum but may prove it by the end of the Day? And that your vote is on him despite not wanting him lynched?

Who are your actual scum candidates at this point and why is your vote not on one of them?

And why you are doing that go ahead and make your full-claim. Because I’m willing to vote for you at this point.

Finally on the Topic of Vezok

His last post shows that he can’t be trusted to play in any manner that doesn’t look to accelerate the game into MYLO / LYLO. Which he can’t be alive at or he likely screws Town over to help the Mafia.

With an expected 2 scum left LYLO is 5 players and MYLO 6. We have 9 left alive right now. Once we assess Ademisk’s claim we need to seriously think about whether Vezok should be the lynch today. Because on the off chance the Vig / SK out there misses scum tonight and doesn’t shoot Vezok we would be in MYLO with 3 dead (unless 1 is scum either by NK or lynch). Something to think about carefully.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 am

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote

You're really at L-1 though, since I have every intention of voting.
Yes, because L-1 and L-4 are synonymous.

Are you REALLY trying to pull a claim this early? And I got accused of rolefishing lol.

@MoI
: Yes, you could say I haven't scumhunted in that I haven't posted a massive WoT case against someone. But I've noted my suspicions, backed them up with reasoning and poked and prodded at who I find scummy. I'm not going to give WoT and post by post analysis unless I feel the need to.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am

Post by chesskid3 »

not you durrr, Ademisk.

9 alive is 5 to lynch.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also way to overreact.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also @ MoI's point. If we misslynch today and vig/sk whichever hits a town, then that's down to 6 alive, with vezok+mafia alive, NL can be forced :/ :(
I'm inclined to believe there is a vig and not an SK, however, because 3/1/8 with a lyncher seems to be a rather unfair setup.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 am

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:Also way to overreact.
Actually, my math is just horribad atm.

I counted 12 players. You unvoted off of a wagon at 4, I thought 7 to lynch.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

3 people are dead holy crap.

Also this reminds me of something. Both Jason and AGar called me chesskid13, and now AGar is having trouble with how many people are alive.

Do the mafia have some kind of list of players or something?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 am

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:3 people are dead holy crap.

Also this reminds me of something. Both Jason and AGar called me chesskid13, and now AGar is having trouble with how many people are alive.

Do the mafia have some kind of list of players or something?
Oh god! People who mistype names and who can't add must be scums!

Where's that case loser?

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Reck typoed my name early game in his list of players, if the mafia copied it or were given a list of their own I can see how you could have my name wrong.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also, AGar, now that you understand there are 9 people alive and Adem is close to a lynch, how about you post some thoughts?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:53 am

Post by AGar »

I'm indifferent towards the Adem lynch. I've got my suspicions on you and Dram, and to a much lesser extent, BC. I'm more inclined to lynch either of those two at the moment.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

You're indifferent. So you think he's town, but you aren't going to try to avert the lynch?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

Post by AGar »

I have a null read on him. He's committed actions that give both a town vibe and a scum vibe. His lynch won't bother me, in that he could be scum unlike other people I've seen, but I won't support it because he could be town, unlike other players that I know are not town.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

How could he be scum if Dram and I are also both scum?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am

Post by AGar »

Adem? I haven't tried linking him to anyone. I've said he's null. He could be scum based on some questionable play like the "Jenni I know everything about you" moment which seemed unnecessarily scummy to me. He's also looked townie at moments, presenting clear and logical cases. Neither of those are strong enough indicators to establish a dominant read on a player, as I've seen the opposite alignments do similar things to what I have mentioned him doing.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

The point is this:
Do you think there are more than two scum remaining?

If not, there is no way you could be saying "meh" to an Ademisk lynch, if your top two scumreads are me and dram in some order.
You should be trying to convince people you are right, not sitting back and letting someone you have to think is more likely town than scum be lynched, no?
Anything else is not pro-town play at all.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am

Post by AGar »

I think there are two scum remaining.

I think you and Dram are the most likely fits for scum. There is no guarantee that you two are scum together. Therefore, I do believe that there exists a possibility that there are other scum. Ademisk is a null read to me. I am not going to vehemently push against an Adem lynch because of a null read.

I've laid out my suspicions. I am not going to spam with WoTs and rhetoric for a town to lynch players when it seems half the players can't even be bothered to post more than a few one liners daily or a couple paragraphs every few days.

MoI is bleeding obvtown.
You are resigning to finding the easy wagon and hopping on it. You're going with the flow, trying to push whatever's easiest to help you dwindle the numbers of the town.
Dram is "gut" scumhunting and basically just defending BC.
BC is coasting on Dram's scumhunting.
Jenni is coasting on her Walt claim.
Adem is a null read and is being wagoned for what I see as no good reason, but then again, I have a null read.
Dekes comes in, makes a decent post, then leaves for a bit.
Vezok is a lyncher. Basically leaving the site. Reck can elaborate why he's stayed here.

Aside from MoI, do you really see much pushing for any wagons going on?

You want a bit of wagon analysis? How about it.

Dekes - Voting Adem for the whole "I know your role and name" thing for Jenni. But he even contradicted himself, stretching quite a bit to bring his theory to fruition saying maybe Adem was gambitting to draw a claim out of Jenni.
Dram - Has given that his reads based on "playerstyle" make Jenni and Adem scum. I never knew you could find scum by how someone plays in general, which is what I've gathered from the post he made about it.
You - You spewed a lot of garbage, then opportunistically took your vote over to Adem. Your entire vote reasoning seems to amount to "buddying." Great one there.
Vezok - He's just aiming to get lynches. There's NO read there.

You then unvote WITH the lyncher already on the wagon (I.e, No way to have a quick hammer unless stupid scum just jumps on the wagon) yet say you want the pressure there and ask for a claim. What I don't get is the motivation for unvoting. Do you really think, if you're town, there's any reason to keep Adem off of L-1? Do you not believe your suspicion in him? Are you worried that a townie might quickhammer him? Because this reads of an attempt at letting the wagon fizzle out. I could see an Adem/CK3 scumpair here now, but it lies inherently on you being scum.

So no, I'm not going to oppose the Adem wagon. The likelihood just went up of him being scum, if anything. But I'd rather see you wagonned to your grave first before lynching Adem.

I do believe I've just laid out a further case. Now let's see if people catch on here.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:

The BC line should read "BC is coasting on Dram's softclaim" not scumhunting.

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Dekes »

I would post more frequently if there was more to address right now.

There's a lot of arguing between AGar and chesskid which, apart from a few points, is only cluttering the thread. It may become important again once we've seen one of the two flip.

Like I said, especially BC needs to address the Adem-situation and/or talk about his suspects plus reasons.

I just quick-Iso'd jenni. Boy, is she flying (at least under my) radar. Her last post is almost three days old, she hasn't expressed any suspicions at all on D2 and instead has only been answering to questions directed at her and continued trying to clear Adem. This makes me more wary of her wary of her than I originally was.
Jenni, who are your suspects and why?

@mod
V/LA for about 48 hours (until sunday morning)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:55 am

Post by chesskid3 »

i unvoted because i want the hammer hurrr. jk lol.

Anyway I see one scum in Adem/jenni, the question is which of them is the scum.

Also, I would like to know more about BC/dram. I know a had a scumread on BC on d1, but he's improved (ignoring the save by dram) since then, so I'm willing to postpone that more until tomorrow, but if they are both town then it is AGar and Adem.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:37 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Let's end this game.
Faster.
Lynch Adem.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ademisk
Ademisk
Goon
Ademisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Ademisk »

Thanks for that find, Dekes. I did search the wiki a number of times on different days, so I can't imagine how I didn't find it, but there it is.
Dekes wrote:You hadn't posted on D2 so I couldn't have included anything from D2 now, could I?
Exactly my point. You had no reason to vote me, and yet you did. That is what I find suspicious. I don't care that you had more info later in the day, it was already irrelevant once your vote was cast.
Dekes wrote:I saw more useless questions than that. Especially the ones directed at dram. "Why are you surprised I'm still alive?" Do you really expect an answer by dram that you couldn't have figured out yourself?
No. Dram made some weird claims like his "I FUCKIN TOLD YOU SO!" thing about HH which we found to be completely false. If you do not see how questioning him is good, I don't know what to tell you.
Dekes wrote:I'm rather interested in why you keep poking others for information about jenni's role if you claim to know that role? Because it could provide valuable information? Yeah, sure, if you actually don't know jenni's role I suppose it could.
So you are saying it couldn't? So there is absolutely nothing that can be derived from seeing what people interpret that softclaim as? Think of it as the Rorschach inkblot test: people see what they want to see. I see that chesskid interpreted it as BP, whereas 'the lovers' intepretation is just as likely, but kind of contradicts our roles (but hey, if you think we're scum, these might be our fakeclaims).
Dekes wrote:This is bad, really. Again, you imply you don't believe chesskid deserved your vote in the first place but you assume he will have "earned it by the end of the day". Then why did you vote him if he apparently didn't deserve it back then?
Again, no. He did deserve the vote, I made a case for it when I voted, go read it. However, based on just that alone he does not deserve to hang. He had a clean run yesterday, but it all started failing apart after his fakehammer gambit. I thought it was worth noting that he has been in a steady decline since that point, well after he put his vote on me. He picked himself up a bit since then, but now there is this issue with him claiming jenni is BP, which, even if he's town, is bad at best since he is putting this out in the open where the mafia can see, which they clearly didn't the night before.

In any case, your 'feelings' should not have a say in the matter. My apprehension lay in his play from the previous day, but there was a case to be made for how he got too comfortable and made a slip. And, in light of the flips, some of his posts from day 1 could be viewed in a new light, like ISO 36 where with FSH being confirmed town it clearly looks like he's trying to buddy up to him. So as it stands, he is not worth a lynch (yet), but he is my strongest lead for today. Others have stronger leads from yesterday, but like I said, today's events have greater weight to me than yesterday, so until those others really start making waves (dram/BC, gotta look at those closer but I already don't like dram's "follow my gut", and AGar to a much lesser extent) I see no reason to go after them yet.

@AGar: I think it's always a good idea to unvote at L-1 (if only for a time) to try to get some more info out of the victim before they die. And even though Vezok is already on the wagon, it has been proven that you can't be too careful with such things. Plus we have plenty of time unlike yesterday.

That said, I'm not going to claim. Think about it, what could I possibly get from claiming? At best, regardless of what I claim, I won't be able to prove it (at least until tomorrow if its an active role). At worst, if I have a good role, that would paint a target on my chest at night if I somehow managed to live through the day. If you could not be convinced by someone coming over to my side after being a strong opposer, then thats your problem, because there is not a more explicit way I can 'prove' myself. She could have just as easily let me be killed and have that protection for the rest of the game, but instead she chose to get involved in this mess. If we were both scum, we would know that roles are not indicative of alignment (a la jason), so it would be foolish of us to think we were safe for long with those claims. If she were town and I was scum, then what purpose would it serve for me to know her info? I honestly don't know many roles, but I would assume a scum knowing a towny would have something to do with getting them killed, and we already have a lyncher.
Propane and Propane Nightmares
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 am

Post by dramonic »

Ademisk wrote:No. Dram made some weird claims like his "I FUCKIN TOLD YOU SO!" thing about HH
which we found to be completely false.
If you do not see how questioning him is good, I don't know what to tell you.
I beg your pardon?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Actually Dekes, I've been working through an extensive rereading of the thread, and I didn't want to just post for the sake of posting, so I haven't.

The REASON I haven't done much aside from answer questions on D2 is because I've had a lot of questions addressed to me, and I've had a lot to process and think about. Also, it's pretty rich that you would call someone out for not posting much since your post about me not posting much basically starts with a reason you're not posting much. I'm not done with the post I want to make (i.e., not ready to vote yet), but here's a brief synopsis of my notes to keep you sated until I am.

1) Its up to
Adem
to clear himself with the rest of you. I don't think he's scum, but I've never said I could 100% clear him.
Not agreeing with people who think he is scum does not make me scum in return
. That is
craplogic
. If you lynch him, it will have to be without me; there are enough of you to do that if you reeeally want to. I was at one point convinced he was scum, and now I have reason to believe he is not. I've shared my reasons for not thinking so, and it's up to him and the rest of you what happens to him now. If he flips scum, then obviously I was wrong, but again, that doesn't mean I'm scum, too.

2) Right now I am leaning town on
CK
despite the fact that he has posted enormous amounts of fluff (so much so that I'll never know why a few random posts of mine got any attention at all), but his ISO 62-4 show him choosing not to hammer Adem and instead choosing the Jason wagon instead of the HH wagon. I could WIFOM all day about that choice, but when it comes down to it, he was encouraging people to vote for Jason, not just voting him on his own, even though the HH wagon would have been a logical choice for scum CK, especially on D1.

3)
MoI
seems town to me, but sometimes I have a fleeting thought that he is just reeeally good scum. For example, his comment that I was making "constant" suggestions about the scum group not being amongst the protagonists is wrong. I only said something to that effect one time, so the choice of the word "constant" is puzzling to me. Those little comments are few and far between, though. Also, I've found that I often suspect really strong players on general principle. (I blame the dungeon master of my irl gaming group for this, as he is a "bastard mod" so to speak and I have long been conditioned to not trust anyone who seems helpful, ever, as doing so will generally result in very bad things.)

4)
Dram
and
BC
are fishy, but they aren't exactly going out of their way to appease the town, which is something scum would try to do. That makes me think town, but I'm not absolutely certain about either of them in one way or another. It's either both or neither with them, and they aren't talking, so there isn't a whole lot to work with other than what I've already said, and not much to say other than that they are in the same boat as Adem and I, except that they seem to know each other's alignment whereas I don't know Adem's for sure, and they haven't nameclaimed.

5)
AGar
, at the beginning of the day you were insistent that CK was scum, but you begin backing off in your ISO 15 and refocusing on Dram/BC. Is there a reason other than the fake-hammer and some IoA that you particularly feel CK is scum, but you stopped pushing it?

6)
Dekes
, I've been back and forth over you this entire time, because as a woman it's kind of creepy to think about lynching a pregnant woman, even in a game. I've been trying to put that aside and be objective about the game, though, and, I basically have two issues with you.

A) In this post (ISO 9), you say:
Dekes wrote:I don't get the suspicions for jenni though. She was passive at the beginning, but has picked up the pace (granted, after she has been prodded by others) and her posts didn't seem that useless at all. Strong stances, questioned her suspects, no vague infos. And no, I don't think I'm confusing long posts = town posts here, just because I tend to make fewer, but longer posts myself. Not on my scum list.
In ISO 15 it's this:
Dekes wrote:I'm undecided about jenni. I mostly get town vibes from here and I would believe a scenario where scum had a town player's name but not vice versa (I believe there's a role that does that, but I can't recall what it's called). Jenni being alive irks me though. I can see FSH being killed based on his play style so far, but Jenni openly claiming a dangerous PR not being killed? But eh, this is just pure WIFOM here.
And nothing about my alignment or how you feel about it again until ISO 22:
Dekes wrote:I just quick-Iso'd jenni. Boy, is she flying (at least under my) radar. Her last post is almost three days old, she hasn't expressed any suspicions at all on D2 and instead has only been answering to questions directed at her and continued trying to clear Adem.
This makes me more wary of her wary of her than I originally was.
You weren't "originally" wary of me. Until this post, you have stated things that indicate you don't think I'm scum. (I left out a post in which you say you think as a pair, BC and Dram are scummier than the pair of Adem and me, but that Adem is the scummiest individual, which further infers I am not in your suspect list.)

Question:
Why paint it as though you have been wary about me all along, when you haven't been?

B) You vote HH in ISO 9, but you don't talk about him at all there. Your reason for voting is based on previous posts/reasons given by others and yourself.
You change your vote to Adem in ISO 10, and your reason is basically a summary of my argument, which is that he was pushing null lynches. At this point Jason and Vezo had also voted him, so it was a safe wagon to join. After D2 started, you continue to talk about how suspicious you are of Adem, but you've been parroting my original argument about him distancing just as you have been all along. Recent posts have moved on from that, but that has been the crux of your argument for a while.

Question:
Can you build a case on anyone that doesn't revolve around what others have already said about that person?

7) Vezo: just wants to end the game quickly at this point; no new ground to cover here.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by AGar »

@Jenni
Because Dram is scummier.

Also, nice job saying that you find NO ONE scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”