Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Xine »

I am leaning twords Xvart=town. still going round and round. I just scanned him in iso in two other games, one he is scum, and one he is town, he reads about the same in both to me (at quick glimps) and same in this game.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

So what makes you think town then. Reasonuhreasonuhreason
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Parama »

lynch sock
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I think everyone left is town.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Parama »

Everyone in this game named Slaxx is town, everyone wearing a Professor Layton avatar is not.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Slaxx »

What I am trying to say is, Xine, is that I was sure he was scum until he actually came and made that (wrong) but still interesting connection between Soc and I, and now I am in the same mindset you are. Then Parama talked about lynching me d3 (he said waste a lynch, which I almost called out but I think he meant waste as in he was reluctant to do it, not waste as in he is scum and knows i am town) and DH and boberz ( i think bob, maybe not)all started saying they would be suspicious of me if xvart flipped town. Thing is it was just the same time I started to think he WAS and the fact that people were already lining up to lynch me made me think the classic "he led a mislynch lets get him today...wait they were BOTH town?" card was being played, which just made xvart look even more town. That is why I want xvart to play my game. I can't tell if he is tunneling townie or not because him refusing to out alternate FoSs kind of felt like deflection. So I just cant figure this shit out. Soc summed it up well: I am just caught in a bad situation.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Socrates »

Parama wrote:Everyone in this game named Slaxx is town, everyone wearing a Professor Layton avatar is not.
I have it on good authority that the latter is false.

This last day has been a rehash of the previous days.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by charter »

Slaxx wrote:So what makes you think town then. Reasonuhreasonuhreason
That was my next question.

This game is stagnating. Frankly, I'd lynch anyone who has claimed today at this point since this day is dragging on to ridiculous lengths. Of course, I'd prefer Xvart, but that's going pretty damn slow right now.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 656 wrote:Xvart, play my game. Please :)
Explain to me the purpose of your "game" when it hinges on you flipping town and even if it didn't how it wouldn't help scum decide on optimal night kill targeting?
Slaxx, 656 wrote:I'm not voting today. We're lynching me :)/
So as town, why would you not vote who you think is scum for informational purposes after you supposedly flip town?
Lowell, 660 wrote:So, xvart somehow has fewer votes than last time I checked. huh.
And how does this make you feel in greater detail and why?
Xine, 678 wrote:Slaxx: No, I cannot give a solid opinion on Xvart. I have been going round and round with myself over it, and just stays neutral. perhaps If I could find some time to do some meta research on him I could find a real stance. as to your other question, I am addressing scum reads now, my only solid town read is Parama.
Have charter provide those games he was talking about (I know at least one of them is completed) and compare my D1 play (and my play in general). I think you'll see my play in my town games is strikingly similar.
Slaxx, 681 wrote:I never denied softclaiming power role. I dont think I did. I did it to draw in the night kill so you guys wouldnt waste a lynch on me. But now you guys should because I think xvart is town, so its better to off one townie than two.
The problem with you championing your own lynch to save town me is that you don't consider what's going to happen if you do in fact flip town. More than likely, if you flip town, I'm going to be in hot water tomorrow for derailing my wagon and championing a town lynch. What's the difference now that makes you want to be today's lynch? You championing your lynch is only town at face value; but the fact that you aren't thinking further ahead just adds to your scummy nature. AND, what kind of information are we going to get about the people on your wagon if you are saying to lynch you? Your
ploy
"plan" is very shortsighted.
Slaxx, 688 wrote:Like I said, a lot of its coming from my gut. Maybe its the fact that all 3 wagons today have just been so fast. Everyone hopped on the xvart wagon pretty fast. I know there could be bussing, but I find it unlikely when there are so few scum left.
What do you mean so few scum left? There is exactly one less scum today than yesterday.
Slaxx, 701 wrote:So what makes you think town then. Reasonuhreasonuhreason
In this post Slaxx tries to not so subtly get people to think I'm scummy even though he "thinks" I'm town.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

xvart wrote:
Slaxx, 656 wrote:Xvart, play my game. Please :)
Explain to me the purpose of your "game" when it hinges on you flipping town and even if it didn't how it wouldn't help scum decide on optimal night kill targeting?
Just answer the question, I don't see why it matters. Everyone else has outted town reads and scum reads and some alternate reads if certain players flip town. Why won't you just answer? Explain to me how it WILL after pretty much half the players here have made town and scum lists.
xvart wrote:
Slaxx, 656 wrote:I'm not voting today. We're lynching me :)/
So as town, why would you not vote who you think is scum for informational purposes after you supposedly flip town?
Honestly I don't have any scum reads right now. I have to reread because I am missing something.

xvart wrote:
Slaxx, 681 wrote:I never denied softclaiming power role. I dont think I did. I did it to draw in the night kill so you guys wouldnt waste a lynch on me. But now you guys should because I think xvart is town, so its better to off one townie than two.
The problem with you championing your own lynch to save town me is that you don't consider what's going to happen if you do in fact flip town. More than likely, if you flip town, I'm going to be in hot water tomorrow for derailing my wagon and championing a town lynch. What's the difference now that makes you want to be today's lynch? You championing your lynch is only town at face value; but the fact that you aren't thinking further ahead just adds to your scummy nature. AND, what kind of information are we going to get about the people on your wagon if you are saying to lynch you? Your
ploy
"plan" is very shortsighted.
If I find a lynch I am happy with, I will go for it. I don't have one right now.
xvart wrote:
Slaxx, 688 wrote:Like I said, a lot of its coming from my gut. Maybe its the fact that all 3 wagons today have just been so fast. Everyone hopped on the xvart wagon pretty fast. I know there could be bussing, but I find it unlikely when there are so few scum left.
What do you mean so few scum left? There is exactly one less scum today than yesterday.
2/8 is a safe guess, I would say 1/5 of the town being scum is good and few.
xvart wrote:
In this post Slaxx tries to not so subtly get people to think I'm scummy even though he "thinks" I'm town.
By asking someone to give a case on why you're town? What is WRONG with you? I am trying to extract thoughts from Xine.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Charter. Does the stagnating game mean we're right or we're wrong?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by charter »

Slaxx wrote:Charter. Does the stagnating game mean we're right or we're wrong?
Usually it means the town is right, since you don't have scumbags fueling the wagon and there's always clueless townies in every game.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 2.10

xvart
(4): charter, DemonHybrid, Socrates, Lowell
Slaxx
(2): xvart, Xine
charter
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Socrates
(1): Parama

Not Voting:
boberz, Slaxx

xvart is at L-2

to lynch.

Deadline for D2 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Lowell »

DemonHybrid wrote:Lowell, you haven't made one attempt to scumhunt all game. Just throwing votes around and giving little side notes. I'm not liking this.
We're not going to get along then. Sorry, it's not intentional.

How's this. Xvart is scum. Guy was at lynch-1, claimed VT, and somehow isn't dead. Make this happen and we'll talk tomorrow.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

We're not going to get along then.
Guess not. I'd be voting you if there weren't so many people on the wagon for my other scum picks. You haven't asked a single question all game.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Parama »

I'm holding on for the hammer btw.
DH can tell you how much I like hammering.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:35 am

Post by boberz »

Slaxx wrote:boberz:
I almost never breadcrumb and I'm somewhat experienced.
In contrast, Andrius has been breadcrumbing since he started playing mafia
It Isn't so much the fact that he didnt breadcrumb that is only meant to be a tiny part of it. I just feel that I had given him a bit of a newbie get out card from a few things. I am not suggesting that only experienced people breadcrumb etc etc but I am trying to say that the spot has a higher propensity to breadcrumb as an experienced slot. (I am rambling now.)
Slaxx wrote:WOMC/Lowell/Boberz/Xine

Care to take a stance on the Xvart that involves more than a yes or no?
Care to out some FoSs/Towntells?
Xvart wagon is utter crap. His responses to my questioning earlier felt like a townie to me. It was uncanny hoe much he felt like me when I get a weak attack thrown at me. Elements of gut, granted, but I do not think he has done anything that bad at all.
If this the case withdraw everything I ahve said on the matter with reference to claims etc etc. wrote:Xine isn't an alt (unless a very elaborate one lol ). Xine and Ythill are married and I think she just forgot to log out/log in on a home computer. Or at least that is how I read her post
---

I notice parama is doing a lot of thinking and changing of mind. I dont know what to make of it it is like every second or third post. NOt saying this is scummy at all btw it is just something I have noticed.

---

I enjoyed this comment: "Boberz for president."

---

Slaxx seemed to turn into a schemeing bugger while I was away. There seems to be loads of stuff he refuses to tell people.. (Still at observation stage more to come later I hope).

---
DH wrote:you can't deny that he pushed an xvart lynch when and only when it seemed opportune
Go away I made one case and followed it through for a page or two. The idea I was trying to get him lynched really is stretching it. Especially considering the extent to which I was flailing around under intense scrutiny that day.
I was always most supicious of Bub, the reason my vote didnt move. I did my bit on that wagon and was looking for someone else although found the wrong person.
Also bugger me it would be oppourtune now wouldn't it (or atleast last time I popped in) to still have a scummy read. But I admitted what I had was little better than gut and through the game it has shifted solidly town.
Demon wrote:Here's my scumlist.

Most town to most scum:

Xine, Slaxx, Soc, charter, Parama, WOMC, boberz, Lowell, xvart.
Take my name out inverse it and you have mine (not exactly before someone becomes a literallist). I do not comprehend how Xine is your most safe!!! We are reading different games here.

Xine senses he might earn some townpoints off Demon if he slightly suspects Lowell. I am really not happy with Xine still.

---

No need for pictures Xine I just plain misunderstood. (not that I am trying to suggest I am disinterested in your lives of course ;))

---

Caught up (sorry if these catchup posts are hard to read I try and make them as accessible as possible but it is important to my inderstanding the game.)
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

I think we're in the "waiting for the day phase to end" phase of day phase.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:41 am

Post by boberz »

I feel silly that I dont have a place to put my vote and I suddenly realise I am one of charter's clueless townies :(.

That said I really do think Xine is scum so sybollically at least I will
vote: xine

I asked a while ago (Monday I think) for what the Soc case actually was I got virtually no response so I didnt take a second look. Suddenly the case appears again as a failsafe. I do not absolutely hate it, but I woud like reasoning however I would be prepared to do this if it avoided the Xvart lynch I do not think it is xvart.

Slaxx is currently unreadable to me. He is making selfsacrifice pledges which I hate. He is accusing people of being tunnelling townies or scum when to me they are nontunnelling townies. I am aware that my case felt a bit of a facrication earlier but the point about knowing the mafia setup was a valid one and I would kind of like my earlier case answered. (perhaps me pointing towards it's futility made it even more impotent than it already was).

I can't believe Xine survived this either.

(I would probably have joined the slaxx wagon if Xine wasnt on it.)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Parama »

Mod: Requesting vote count

If any of {xvart, Socrates, Xine} get to L-1 I am going to hammer without mercy. I'm fine with any of those lynches today.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 2.11

xvart
(4): charter, DemonHybrid, Socrates, Lowell
Slaxx
(2): xvart, Xine
charter
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Socrates
(1): Parama
Xine
(1): boberz

Not Voting:
Slaxx

xvart is at L-2

to lynch.

Deadline for D2 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 709 wrote:Just answer the question, I don't see why it matters. Everyone else has outted town reads and scum reads and some alternate reads if certain players flip town. Why won't you just answer? Explain to me how it WILL after pretty much half the players here have made town and scum lists.
Exactly; I don't see why it matters and I see more of an advantage for scum to know my alternate scum reads in the unlikely event you flip town. The point is about me specifically, if you do flip town, I am a lightning rod tomorrow and my reads will give much more information for an ideal NK tomorrow than anyone else.
Slaxx, 709 wrote:Honestly I don't have any scum reads right now. I have to reread because I am missing something.
What happened to your scum read on Socrates? Why did it erode?
Slaxx, 709 wrote:
xvart wrote:
By asking someone to give a case on why you're town? What is WRONG with you? I am trying to extract thoughts from Xine.
Why do you care why they think I'm town if you think I'm town?
charter, 711 wrote:Usually it means the town is right, since you don't have scumbags fueling the wagon and there's always clueless townies in every game.
False assumptions galore.

I'm looking into and rereading something I thought of so I should have more a little later or tomorrow.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by charter »

So you're not going to give us your opinion on what it means when the game is stalling? You're just going to undermine mine?

So obvious Xvart is scum here...
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

vote xvart
we're both going down anyway. Whatever.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: xvart

yo
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”