modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:47 pm

Post by modargo »

The Haradrim are indeed evil. I didn't even recognize the name myself (:(), but I checked the Encyclopedia of Arda. It's a great resource, but you can really get distracted by it. I just spent twenty minutes browsing through entries when I had intended to just check on the Haradrim!

Legolas does seem to have been some sort of cop, based on the description of what he was doing in the death scene. Who knows what Aragorn was.

And since somebody has to start it....
random vote: Werebear
, for posting first and not starting up the random voting :P!
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:34 am

Post by modargo »

Flying Dutchman's post seems more pointless than suspicious to me. I just don't see how it's
meaningful
... the only reason I could see to do that would be to try and see how people responded... oh, wait. :wink:.

Oh, and someone said that Gollum might be a SK, which just seems wrong to me. Though Gollum got pretty vicious at times when trying to get the ring back, he didn't go around killing people. Who knows what Macros made Gollum (or even if he's in the game), but I know I would've made him some sacrificial pro-town role.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:55 am

Post by modargo »

FoS Tigris, Zoneace, and Thoth. FD's information is pretty much all we have right now, so we should follow it up.

Flying Dutchman: Can you be any more specific with your information? Like, did it say they all met at the same place, or all passed through the same place, or what? I know you can't quote Macros's messages, but paraphrase as much information as you can, please. I really want to know this, because in Macros's last game, he had a system in which he plotted out the paths of people's night activites.
If it's that way again, one of the things I'm concerned about is whether DP's killer would even show up. I just checked the death scene, and he got killed by a big floating pillar, which seems magical to me. And, possibly long-distance. Then again, Zoneace
did
jump on Flying Dutchman almost immediately, even when he just FoSed the other two people he says were at the same place as DP....

Zoneace: Please at least try to type comprehensibly. It doesn't take that much effort. It also might make people more willing to listen to you, and less likely to just look at your posts and ignore them in disgust.
And since you've already roleclaimed, you should at least tell us what
the name of your role
is. Maybe it's just me, but I'm
always
suspicious of people who don't fully disclose their role when claiming under pressure.

So, after having typed that out, I realized that Zoneace really did claim to have
no night choice at all
. It hadn't hit me before, but if he had no night choice, how was he out and about doing stuff and crossing paths with people? Thoth did point out that you could be just staying home when other people target you, but... that just seems like a cop-out. See my thoughts about Marcos's map in his most recent large game above. This is why I want as much information about this from Flying Dutchman as he can give us :(.

Nevertheless,
vote: ZONEACE
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:58 am

Post by modargo »

Wait wait, let me get this straight.

Flying Dutchman said he watched gate 6. He said that Zoneace (and those others) went through. But Zoneace claims to have no night choice? Then how the heck was Zoneace seen going
through
a gate? Doesn't going through a gate mean that you're moving around and
doing something
?!?!? What will Zoneace's next explanation be? "I actually was kidnapped and marched through the gate under mind control, but I forgot to tell you guys", maybe?

FoS: Mr_Gnome_It_All and Riven
, both for suggesting that Zoneace would be seen walking through the gate just because he was targeted by someone else. Just look at what Flying Dutchman said.
Flying Dutchman wrote:This night, I decided to watch Gate 6, and the persons I named before went through.

By this I have solid evidence they were doing some kind of night action that night.
Furthermore, Zoneace
immediately
jumps onto the first bandwagon that starts that isn't him. He sees that he can't convince us that Flying Dutchman is lying, so he has to try to get someone else lynched and hope that his 'conciliatory' stance distracts people from the contradictions. He does so in an incoherent post that damns him even more.
Zonace wrote:Im going to unvote FD because well i believe that he actually does have an info gather role now that he has explained it somewhat however i think the problem was that he somehow mis understood some of the info he gathered last night because as i said i have no night ability so him seeing me travel through a gate if that is indeed what he saw there must have beensomething odne to me that caused me to go through the gate since i did not cause it. that being said im going toFOS TIGRIS for almost the same reason as riven tigris got a little paranoid for no reason no one suspecting him thats all for now
So, it turns out that Flying Dutchman misunderstood seeing Zoneace pass through the gate! That explains everything! Except
not
. The futher explanation of Flying Dutchman's information made it
more
clear that Zoneace was lying, not less.

This is one of the biggest piles of bull I've seen. If Zoneace was seen going through the gate, he either has a night choice or had something (other than just investigation, come on now :roll:) done to him. Zoneace claims to have no night choice. Zoneace has not claimed that anything was done to him (and I think if something happened that made him go out, he would be told). The only conclusion I see is that either Zoneace or Flying Dutchman is
lying scum
. (Hint: I don't think it's Flying Dutchman.)
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:36 am

Post by modargo »

About FD's night choice. I don't think he should make it public. I haven't been able to find any more information on what places are in what gate... then again, I haven't looked very hard. But still, I think that publicizing which gate he's going to check will only help scum avoid that gate. I also really don't see any benefit to the town in knowing which gate he's going to check. No benefit and the possibility of negative consequences, so why do it?

So, I think the best thing for him to do is try to find more information on what is where, and then pick a gate to check.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”