Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:55 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Bigben, i don't think the fact that eomer being a rohan makes it so that he is a unplayable character coz i remember in the book (if my memory serves me) that the rohans came to the assistance of gondor during the seige of gondor. So there is a chance that the rohans are added to the game.

I'm starting to suspect zoneace tho coz he seems to have contridicted himself a lot, but just a question FD, how can you be sure that everyone that passes through the gates has a night ablity coz there is the possibility that zoneace was in fact target and hence 'dragged' out of the town (since they have to be in a same play for action to occur). Are you told that the people named passing through the gates have night choices and those that don't have a night choice but are infact 'dragged' out not named?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:26 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Talitha wrote:
FOS: ZONEACE

Obviously, because he was seen going through a gate that DP went through...
This would be a vote except for the fact that I also have a named character but no night choice.

Flying Dutchman: Why did you not FOS ZONEACE in the original FOS post you made?

vote: Thoth
Because I think we have a 1/3 chance in lynching scum here and should probably put some pressure on each of them before we lynch. Having said that I'm thinking that I will most probably end the day with my vote on ZONEACE or Tigris.
Yes, but would YOU be outside at night, walking through a gate, when you have no nightchoice!?

And I didn't FOS ZONACE because I already was voting for him.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:27 am

Post by CoolBot »

ZONEACE still won't explain why he was out. And I find it
very
unlikely he'd be dragged through town withough being told so.
vote: ZONEACE
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:46 am

OK, I want some action:
1. Will ANYONE with a role like Eomer, that's not directly related to Minas Tirith, tell this, because I don't think it's a likely role.
(If you don't know everything about your role, check it up in http://www.glyphweb.com/arda]arda.
2. If you have a suggestion which gate I should watch next night, please give it to me. I watched gate 6 this night because the important persons live on top of the mountain, but gate 7 would probably give me very limited info, and it wouldn't proof anything too, as I don't get the directions persons went.
3. If you know the location in the city of important buildings, please tell me so! (I know the king lives on the top, but other major characters? And the houses of healing?) If I know at which level they are, the chose of a gate may be easier! And i'm kinda sure it are called in the book....... And maybe your role PM states on which level you live (mine doesn't, but maybe it does if you can stay home at night)!

Well, as you can see, point 1 is to verify Zoneace's roleclaim, and 2 and 3 to determine my night choice.

Thanks if you can help me out with this.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:55 am

OK, the link is:
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda

And I already discovered the Houses of Healing are in the sixth circle[/url]
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:01 am

Post by Orbiting »

Eomer fought in Pellenor Fields, but didn't do much of note except survive (and, of course, go on to take the throne of Rohan, but that doesn't seem relevant to the game).

There are non-Gondorian roles, obviously (we've lost three non-Gondorians already). Thus far though, they've been the Company of the Ring, though, on the good side.

That being said, Zoneace is still acting scummy. And my role doesn't give me any information about gates or location at all.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:21 am

Post by Werebear »

If I have already, consider this a confirmation vote.
Vote: Zoneace
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:21 am

Post by Werebear »

I already had. I wish we could view previous pages in the window below, like at the GL.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:55 am

Post by Macros »

Vote Count:
8 Zone ace (Leonidas, Flying Dutchman, Thoth, Modargo, Orbiting, Werebear, Bigben, Coolbot)
4 Tigris (Bananabob, Riven, Mr Gnome, Dragon Slayer)
1 Thoth (Talitha)
1 Orbiting (Tigris)
Oh the huge manatee!!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:11 am

Post by ZONEACE »

CoolBot wrote:ZONEACE still won't explain why he was out. And I find it
very
unlikely he'd be dragged through town withough being told so.
vote: ZONEACE

thats because i wasnt out. I didnt do anthing at night. i have no night ability if i could excliam why FD saw me go through a gate then I would but i honestly dont understand it myself.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:12 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Well, this is probably going to earn me the title of stupidest idea/post in the game; but I'm just trying to figure out Zoneace's claims!

Maybe, Zoneace didn't have a night ability and instead his going through the gate was the result of a scum group recruiting him as some kind of traitor?

I think it's already been suggested that there might be 2 groups of scum! And if thats the case, one group could have killed, one recruited, serial killer killed, and the vigilante, maybe, WAS dumb enough to kill night one!

I told you it was a stupid theory! But in any case, it's a theory!

Stupid ideas aside, I'm just having trouble buying his story, so I've decided to
Unvote Tigris
and
Vote Zoneace
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Tigris »

Only one left to lynch, let's be careful here. There is likely still more to discuss.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:45 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't really know what. We've probably found a mafia here, so I doubt any others will make any sort of move at all, except for maybe making the lynching vote.

Unless you want do discuss what to do with FD's role. I'm not so sure it'd be a good idea to broadcast which gate he's watching, though.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:57 am

Post by Tigris »

*shrug* I couldn't come up with more to discuss (hence how short that post was compared to others I have made recently), but thought others might. If not I have enough suspicions of ZA to lynch him. I just didn't/don't want anyone else to 'accidently' lynch him or for anyone to say that I killed discussion by voting to lynch him.

fos: ZA
, which will turn into a vote later on, 16 hours maybe? Depends on when I get back tonight/tomorrow.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:36 am

Post by modargo »

About FD's night choice. I don't think he should make it public. I haven't been able to find any more information on what places are in what gate... then again, I haven't looked very hard. But still, I think that publicizing which gate he's going to check will only help scum avoid that gate. I also really don't see any benefit to the town in knowing which gate he's going to check. No benefit and the possibility of negative consequences, so why do it?

So, I think the best thing for him to do is try to find more information on what is where, and then pick a gate to check.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:39 am

Post by Thoth »

Eomer was there during the battle in front of Minas Tirith, so he could easily be in the game. It would surprise me though if he was a regular townie. Next to that he's not sure to be in. We started with 22 players. Say about 8 scum (previous game was 8 of 20). This would leave us with about 14 roles. I could easily think of 20 roles that are more important than Eomer. On the other hand there are bound to be minor characters in the game. We already have a claimed gatekeeper for instance.

FD: It's too late for me to look up the layout of the town. I'll try to get to this sometime during the week, but that doesn't help much now. I assume you want to avoid a gate close to the houses of healing so I did quickly look those up. They are on the 4th circle. I'm not sure whether that means between gate 3 and 4 or between gate 4 and 5.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:27 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Why SHOULDN"T we lynch Zoneace?
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:13 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

kind of what i was thinking lol
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:51 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Well, theres 2 ways to think of this, we are suspecting ZA but i'm still not totally convinced yet, neither are some other people.
So we could lynch him and rsik him being a town if he was telling the truth, but if he was telling the truth then he would have no role which would mean that we don't really lose anything except a town.
But on the other hand if he was mafia, then we're one step closer to winning.

I'm not going to vote tho since i'm still not totally convinced.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

I suppose there's enough doubt about whether ZONEACE is telling the truth to make him a good candidate. And I don't think we're going to learn much else from him or the two others today.

unvote: Thoth
vote: Zoneace
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:59 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

what ISNT convincing about this all?? lol
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:59 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Well, i'm still not quite sure whether theres enough evidence to prove the zoneace is lying when he said he doens't have a role, but then again i'm not really sure about the system of the gates.

With all these questions i think it's better if i don't vote for him now. But that doesn't matter anyway, zoneace's a gonna.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:13 am

Thoth wrote: I assume you want to avoid a gate close to the houses of healing so I did quickly look those up. They are on the 4th circle. I'm not sure whether that means between gate 3 and 4 or between gate 4 and 5.
Encyclopedia of Arda wrote:Houses of Healing
The hospital of Minas Tirith

The houses that lay in the sixth circle of Minas Tirith, surrounded by lawns and trees, where the healers of Gondor did their work.
I would really like to know where YOUR info comes from, untill you tell me that,
FOS: Thoth
for providing false information.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:37 am

Post by Phoebus »

I don't think talking too much in twilight is a really good idea FD.
Wait until tomorrow.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:13 am

Post by Thoth »

Well FD, I actually looked it up in the book. I cannot help it if they make a mistake on the Arda website, but the book clearly says 4th circle.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”