Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Kdub »

inHimshallibe wrote:LL, we're best friends, so maybe I'm just biased? IDK. I have a good handle on rajtown, though, and this is it.
Should have just said that in the first place :igmeou:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum, or one is scum and we are following our normal game play not to look suspicious.
So you are saying if inHim buddies you (as he seems to be doing), either you are both town, or both scum, or one of you is scum. That seems like a long-winded way of saying absolutely nothing.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:oh and inhim buddies up with me. i dont really buddy up with him.
even though inhim is sold on me being town. i am always suspicious of inhim for most of the game.
This attitude toward inHim sounds pretty contrived. Would you care to post some games you have been in with him as examples of this behavior?
Coach Travis wrote:Yeah, I'll admit my vote was lazy, I'll do that sometimes where I have a serious reason for voting, but just don't actually give it. Definitely something I need to work on.
Not sure I buy this excuse. If you have a serious reason when you vote, but don't say what it is because you are too lazy, that's not really a problem with your game that can be "worked on". You either do it or you don't. Unless of course you didn't have a serious reason to begin with.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

im having trouble finding them. with all of out old game archived i cant search the stuff.
we were in http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14071
and he ignored me the whole time. well, more or less didnt comment on my behavior and let me run crazy.
other games he strokes my ego my listening to my "raj's pick three(c)" and then running with it, many times he asks me for it. i make a mention of it in that game, he disagrees.
prolly the biggest thing that sticks out is playing IRL (that was about a month ago and he did this, until he caught my mom telling me who the cop was and that we should kill him at night) and in chat (back in the old days).
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

mongoose wrote:
Mariyta wrote: I like my vote because it doesn't seem like an "I'm really busy and signed up without thinking" replacement. It seems like a "Well, crap. I signed up, got scum, and I don't like playing scum. This game sucks." Others may not see it that way, but Raz had a couple votes on him and he obviously was interested when he signed up (or why would he sign up?). It seems like a pathetic excuse to me. And I don't agree with the excuse that it's a slow start. Most games start a bit slow. If you want immediate action, don't start games; replace into them halfway through, instead. I hope his replacement proves me wrong, but my vote stays for now.
thats a really interesting take, though you could say the same thing about being a VT, in a game with so many interesting roles. Or he may not want the pressure or being QB. So I don't think it really is a scum tell.
It's not necessarily a scumtell, but I felt it was enough this early in the game. Locke has been very active since replacing in, so as GhostWriter suggested, I'm letting it go.
also, mari, Horrordude voted for Coach travis.
Yes, hence the question. Please let him speak for himself, unless, of course, you're afraid your scum buddy will give himself away if he does. :lol:
Coach Travis wrote: That actually isn't unusual for me. See, I feel if I can find players I believe to be town, that will help narrow down the list of potential scum players, so I still think it's beneficial to the town. Obviously scum don't need to do such a thing, because they know who's scum and who's town, so they wouldn't need to worry about figuring out any alignment at all, where I like to figure out the alignment of everyone and point out whenever I have any type of read whatsoever. This has just been a game where so far I haven't seen a lot of things I'd call scummy.
The problem is, if you say that 3 people are town, and you cant find any scum, that doesnt help. Any scum can do the same, and why shouldn't they. Its not like the townies you are pointing out were going to be lynched any time soon anyways.
Coach Travis has been slightly more useful than some others in this game. I understand and respect the fact that you won't always have immediate scum reads on people. Sometimes it's easier to figure out who you think is definitely town and go from there. Right now, I don't see anyone as inherently scummy. I see some people who I think are possibly town, some who are slightly fishy, and some who appear to be utterly useless (also fishy), which is why I have not revoted. I'm deciding between slightly fishy and utterly useless.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:46 am

Post by jimfinn »

Kdub wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:LL, we're best friends, so maybe I'm just biased? IDK. I have a good handle on rajtown, though, and this is it.
Should have just said that in the first place :igmeou:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum, or one is scum and we are following our normal game play not to look suspicious.
So you are saying if inHim buddies you (as he seems to be doing), either you are both town, or both scum, or one of you is scum. That seems like a long-winded way of saying absolutely nothing.
I would say that this actually says a little more. It says, if we do not buddy, exactly one of us is scum, but if we do buddy, you can't tell anything about our alignment. So a little more than saying absolutely nothing.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Antihero »

Seriously, people, this isn't MD; leave the theory there.

inhim's buddying =
red herring
; drop it

shotty fishing for a modkill = bad play; but people trying to finagle that into a scumtell ping on my scumdar more (jimfinn)
thats a really interesting take, though you could say the same thing about being a VT, in a game with so many interesting roles. Or he may not want the pressure or being QB. So I don't think it really is a scum tell.
rolefishing is bad
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 am

Post by mongoose »

that wasnt role fishing. It was pointing out a flaw in a philosophy. I didn't expect and didn't really want a role in return
Go Hawkeyes!
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:32 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Then the proper phrase would have been "may not want the pressure of being a PR", not naming a specific role.

Also, I agree that the buddying theoretical discussion can be dropped. It's being used as a way of talking in circles while seeming to go forward.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

I've decided to VOTE: jimfinn. Like mongoose, he's posting, but not really posting anything useful.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:10 am

Post by GhostWriter »

So he's like Mongoose, but he's not Mongoose, making you fine with voting him?

I understand seeing him as scummy. As my previous post mentioned, I don't like the discussion he so willingly just threw himself into. However, that vote essentially says what my first line in this post says.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Mariyta »

GhostWriter wrote:So he's like Mongoose, but he's not Mongoose, making you fine with voting him?

I understand seeing him as scummy. As my previous post mentioned, I don't like the discussion he so willingly just threw himself into. However, that vote essentially says what my first line in this post says.
They're both doing the same thing. Everyone is focusing on mongoose and ignoring jim. Jim needs a little pressure, too. Does it upset you that he is no longer flying under the radar?
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Antihero »

The OMGUS isn't getting us anywhere. Stop

That said, Jim needs to start contributing.

kdbub, what's your opinion of mongoose + jimfinn?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:55 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Mariyta wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:So he's like Mongoose, but he's not Mongoose, making you fine with voting him?

They're both doing the same thing. Everyone is focusing on mongoose and ignoring jim. Jim needs a little pressure, too. Does it upset you that he is no longer flying under the radar?
Oh, that's fun, let's point fingers at people and imply them as scum. I could do that, and say something along the lines of "does it upset you that Mongoose is getting such a huge bandwagon". But that's rather pointless, isn't it? I think so. Why would I dislike the fact that someone has been called out? Like I thought I implied before, I understand seeing him as scummy, and don't mind that you've pointed him out. But that doesn't change the way that post came across. And I stated how that post came across. Aggressive much?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Mariyta »

GhostWriter wrote:
Mariyta wrote:

Oh, that's fun, let's point fingers at people and imply them as scum. I could do that, and say something along the lines of "does it upset you that Mongoose is getting such a huge bandwagon". But that's rather pointless, isn't it? I think so. Why would I dislike the fact that someone has been called out? Like I thought I implied before, I understand seeing him as scummy, and don't mind that you've pointed him out. But that doesn't change the way that post came across. And I stated how that post came across. Aggressive much?
First, that's exactly how your post came off. It sounded like you were accusing me of not voting mongoose when I voted jim. I explained why I voted jim instead. Second, I wasn't being aggressive, though apparently you read it that way. Maybe I should've stuck a smiley face at the end or something. Your reaction is quite aggressive, though.

I like Antihero's question to kdub and would like Coach Travis to answer the same, please.
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Antihero »

mari, I've had a fairly solid townread on you for the past few pages (I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt on your persuit of a few red herrings), but the OMGUS and subsequent backtracking doesn't look good.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:mari, I've had a fairly solid townread on you for the past few pages (I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt on your persuit of a few red herrings), but the OMGUS and subsequent backtracking doesn't look good.
I didn't backtrack anywhere.
-Susan Ertz

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 am

Post by GhostWriter »

But I wasn't being aggressive. Seems we aren't very good readers of posts that the other makes.

My problem with your original post wasn't that you pointed out Jim. It was that you point out Jim for reasons similar to Mongoose, who has a wagon and could surely use another vote, and then didn't supply that vote to the Mongoose wagon. I don't feel like Mongoose is taking the votes serious and might need to feel more pressure.

Then again, I don't actually know the vote count.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:First, that's exactly how your post came off. It sounded like you were accusing me of not voting mongoose when I voted jim. I explained why I voted jim instead.
Second, I wasn't being aggressive, though apparently you read it that way. Maybe I should've stuck a smiley face at the end or something.
Your reaction is quite aggressive, though.

I like Antihero's question to kdub and would like Coach Travis to answer the same, please.
What would a smiley have done? You obviously accused him of being jim's scumbuddy in that post.

Now going back and trying to say that you didn't = backtracking
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Mariyta »

GhostWriter wrote:But I wasn't being aggressive. Seems we aren't very good readers of posts that the other makes.
That's why I try to use smilies to indicate mood. Text is very easy to misread.
My problem with your original post wasn't that you pointed out Jim. It was that you point out Jim for reasons similar to Mongoose, who has a wagon and could surely use another vote, and then didn't supply that vote to the Mongoose wagon. I don't feel like Mongoose is taking the votes serious and might need to feel more pressure.

Then again, I don't actually know the vote count.
Fair enough. I'm not sure of the vote count either, and I felt my vote would be more useful in pressuring someone else (in addition to mongoose, not instead of him).
Antihero wrote:What would a smiley have done? You obviously accused him of being jim's scumbuddy in that post.

Now going back and trying to say that you didn't = backtracking
It was a joke accusation, because I felt he was accusing me of the same with mongoose. The smiley would've made it lighthearted, as it was meant to be.

Anyway, back to scum hunting. Waiting on responses from kdub and Coach, as well as useful input from mongoose and jim.
-Susan Ertz

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Kdub »

Antihero wrote:kdbub, what's your opinion of mongoose + jimfinn?
Mongoose's posts have seemed reasonable enough to me. I don't think the original post everyone got on him about was really much of anything, and at least two of the votes on him (inHim and CT) look particularly weak. If I had to guess, I'd say town at this point.

Jim has not posted enough for me to lean either way on him. I've never played with him before so I don't know how typical his activity level is. Obviously more content from him would be nice, but I can't say much more about him yet.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

Post by jimfinn »

To those who have not played with me before: I don't post all that much in the early stages of games in general, unless I see something that gives me a strong read. I tend to wait until my reads are stronger, so that I don't backtrack or lead others the wrong direction. Especially when I have a PR with some form of investigation, I am relatively inactive on D1 in order to allow my power to help me develop at least one of my reads.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:54 am

Post by GhostWriter »

God dammit...
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Antihero »

Take it with a grain of salt, GW.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I think you misinterpreted that "God dammit".
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 am

Post by jimfinn »

In my F2F games (my first mafia experience) and my first online game, I got absolutely mauled for backtracking, so I've played a little more cautiously since.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 am

Post by GhostWriter »