BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

chesskid3 wrote:I like hammers.
I find it likely that Chesskid as an activated ability if hammers.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Post 590=Concise summary of argument.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

lolz yes there's a 12 person game with both a lyncher and someone who wins if they get a hammer? derp derp derp
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by dramonic »

that's not what BC said.
He said you might have a hammer-triggered ability.
Personally I doubt it, but I see no harm in you hammering.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I can haz hammer then? yay!
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Anyway, @ Dekes. Jenni and Adem cannot possibly both be scum, that would be akin to suicide.
The last scum lies in Agar/bc/dram/dekes, and I believe it to be AGar.

Jenni, besides your case on Dekes, who do you believe the 2nd scum to be among?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Chess: it's only suicide if one of them is under threat of a kill.
Which they didn't think they'd be, being part of the scum team.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

chesskid3 (1): Ademisk
Ademisk (3): Dekes, dramonic, BloodCovenent
dramonic (1): AGar
vezokpiraka (1): MagnaofIllusion
Dekes (2): jenniwren, vezokpiraka

Not voting (1): chesskid3

5 to lynch.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok but based on the flips everyone in this game has a role you would expect ...Sun nurse, Jack doc, Hurley cop (meh but ok), just alignment seems random.
So I don't see Michael/Walt scumteam.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

derp stop calling me chesskid13
What ever do you mean??
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by jenniwren »

chesskid3 wrote:Anyway, @ Dekes. Jenni and Adem cannot possibly both be scum, that would be akin to suicide.
The last scum lies in Agar/bc/dram/dekes, and I believe it to be AGar.

Jenni, besides your case on Dekes, who do you believe the 2nd scum to be among?
jenniwren wrote:It also should have been clear that of the nine of us remaining that I find AGar a bit scummy and Dekes quite scummy, as evidenced by the fact that I asked them questions and didn't say I think they are town when I did say I think everyone else was town. Maybe I should have spelled it out for everyone, but I didn't as I thought it was obvious enough.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by jenniwren »

dramonic wrote:Which they didn't think they'd be, being part of the scum team.

No.
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

hrmhrmhrm. If we were to lynch Dekes, Vezo would disappear, leaving 7 alive with potentially 2 scum going into the night....bleh.

I don't like it, Jenni. I agree with you on AGar, but I'm not feeling Dekes as badly as I am feeling Adem. Yes, part of me is flabbergasted at the not claiming, etc, and wants to believe he's just townie playing horribly, but I don't see it. We can't lose tonight, and if Adem _isn't_ scum, I'd want to see a lot more of Dram/BC pair explanation (neighbors with unconfirmed aligns/lovers/etc), along with AGar.

I feel like AGar/Adem makes the best pair though, or possibly Adem/dram.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by AGar »

Jenni, your case could easily be applied to CK3, who is claiming that the 2 scum are in 5 of the 7 other unconfirmed players remaining, only excluding you and MoI.

Dekes has opened many suspicions, yeah. But he's stuck to one wagon today. How can you make such a blatant misrep while ignore what CK3 is doing?

You act like you've been a bastion of pro-town play, but you've required the town to prod at you to get you to do anything, and when you do, you have flaws as big as swiss cheese in your argument, and you ignore another player.

CK3/Jenni pairing is a definite possibility.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by jenniwren »

chesskid3 wrote:hrmhrmhrm. If we were to lynch Dekes, Vezo would disappear, leaving 7 alive with potentially 2 scum going into the night....bleh.

I don't like it, Jenni. I agree with you on AGar, but I'm not feeling Dekes as badly as I am feeling Adem. Yes, part of me is flabbergasted at the not claiming, etc, and wants to believe he's just townie playing horribly, but I don't see it. We can't lose tonight, and if Adem _isn't_ scum, I'd want to see a lot more of Dram/BC pair explanation (neighbors with unconfirmed aligns/lovers/etc), along with AGar.

I feel like AGar/Adem makes the best pair though, or possibly Adem/dram.
Who are you flabbergasted at? Adem or Dekes? Why do you think the two remaining scum are Adem/AGar or Adem/Dram? I linked Dekes and Jason via interactions/the lack thereof. Jason protested one lynch on D1, and that was Dekes's lynch. Not once, but several times. He had no problems with any of the other lynches. Can you find similar connections between Jason and either of your pairs?
AGar wrote:Jenni, your case could easily be applied to CK3, who is claiming that the 2 scum are in 5 of the 7 other unconfirmed players remaining, only excluding you and MoI.

Dekes has opened many suspicions, yeah. But he's stuck to one wagon today. How can you make such a blatant misrep while ignore what CK3 is doing?

You act like you've been a bastion of pro-town play, but you've required the town to prod at you to get you to do anything, and when you do, you have flaws as big as swiss cheese in your argument, and you ignore another player.

CK3/Jenni pairing is a definite possibility.
Point One
: Taken

More coming, but it's a lot of writing, so I'm breaking it up for people who don't read.
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Because he could also have been over-reacting to try and get townie points, Jenni.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also IIRC Jason never mentioned TL/AGar's slot once.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:Also IIRC Jason never mentioned TL/AGar's slot once.
You can't even confirm that you're parroting someone else's findings? Jeez man, keep digging.

And where is complete ignorance of a player a solid scumtell?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

it's not my argument, it's MoI's scum-meta. Idk whether to hold any stock in it or not, but I think Jenni believed it, which is why I mentioned that. Keep getting superdefensive at anything I say though.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Point Two
: I didn't misrep Dekes. I pointed out a comment he made and my interpretation of it. Let me walk you through my entire thought process of how I parsed the text to arrive at that conclusion.
Dekes wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Ademisk until he gives me something to believe in his innocence or a better lynch candidate is presented (and wagoned) before deadline.
The first part looks okay, but then he adds the parenthetical "
and wagoned
."
Quick grammar lesson: In-text parenthetical phrases are generally qualifying afterthoughts or descriptors, and are superfluous to the main idea; in this case, it's an obvious qualifier, and it is most likely a scumslip as it comes after the main verb "presented," making it a decided and superfluous afterthought.

Why else is it a scumslip? It's not enough for him that someone else makes a case and votes,
it's that an actual wagon has to get started
. It also implies he's not doing anymore scumhunting of his own. That comment was made on Sunday. Dekes now says the reason he made that comment was "
deadline was getting closer and I had no intention of voting somebody else unless I was convinced to vote someone else
." So he's worried about the deadline..right?

Wrong. After he said that, Adem claimed to have my info, I believed him and unvoted, CK voted Jason, and people were questioning Adem. Two viable wagons began to form: HH and Jason. One, HH, was a wagon Dekes had been on and inexplicably hopped off of when HH made a case on Adem and Jason; the other was Jason, and Dekes had previously acknowledged that he thought HH's case on Jason was a good one, so both were wagons he had either been on before or approved of, and yet he not only avoided both of them, he didn't even question Adem or his claim.

In fact, Dekes only commented once on Sunday afternoon, after all of this (post 362) and all he did was acknowledge that he was wrong about something in his case against Adem. He does not post again until D2. The fakehammer happened on Monday...and in the time between the first comment and then, two other wagons had started--Jason's and HH's. Dekes never even commented on anything after he made his final vote on Adem--not even to question any of the three claims. He does indicate that he was keeping up with the thread, though, in this post:
Dekes wrote:Not only was HH's caim the most believable of the later claims (
though I did believe
Jason's claim, too, to be honest)
*Note another qualifying parenthetical and the use of the phrase "to be honest" as well as the past tense of the verb "do"--he is covering himself for not voting Jason even though it isn't necessary to do so; the past tense of the verb simply indicates that he wants us to know he was "there" with us during the last hours of the day--but he never spoke up or questioned anyone. This also justifies his vote on Adem because he can say he didn't believe his claim.
On D2, he says this about CK and the fakehammer of Doom:
Dekes wrote:you could've easily switched to Ademisk or someone else. Because the deadline wasn't that imminent that HH had to be lynched right then.
First: He says CK should have switched to Adem or "someone else"; BTW, "someone else" was JASON, WHO WAS SCUM. Even after the flip, he doesn't suggest that CK should have put his vote on Jason, but on Adem. Second: He wasn't participating in any of that discussion about any of the claims, but he chides CK for not believing one...but he never stepped in himself to discuss that claim.

OVERALL...Dekes' voting behavior, all wrapped up in a nutshell, looks like opportunistic scum who got reaally lucky at the beginning of D1 and was able to get away with voting our of righteous indignation.

Dekes started the BC wagon, then unvoted to go V/LA which was an unnecessary precaution; he then came back to hop on the HH wagon, stayed there for one whole post, and switched to Adem, who had three votes at the time. This was right after HH came out and made a good case on Jason, which Dekes acknowledged and then voted Adem. That switch, which came right after HH's cases on Adem and Jason (known scum), could be appeasement; the only votes on HH at that time were MoI, Dekes, and AGar. Suddenly HH makes a case on two people: one with a wagon of three, and one who flips scum. Since HH flipped town, that means his cases were actually results of earnest scumhunting. Dekes acknowledges how strong the Jason case is, but doesn't vote him. He instead votes Adem, who had a three-man wagon going. He says it's because Adem was the scummiest then, but he had running commentary going about Adem, BC, Dram, and HH himself at this point, not to mention an acknowledgment that HH's case on Jason was a good one. He also never says anything about why he moves from HH to Adem, or why he thinks Adem is scummier than Jason.

So that is my basic deconstruction of the original sentence. Dekes was looking for wagons that would stick, not for actual scum.

Point Three
: I never said I was a bastion of pro-town anything. I don't "require" the town to prod me to do "anything." On D1, I got off to a slow start, and OMG I posted two stupid comments about Hurley and OMFG that means I'm scum. I explained this then and filled in a few more blanks a few posts back. I've had a lot of stuff going on and have been trying to keep a balance. This past week I have been stopping and starting and rereading as much as I can to try to sort out D1; just because I didn't post something on your timeline doesn't mean I wasn't playing.

Prev. Edit:
When you say MoI's scum-meta, do you mean that he makes that accusation when he plays as scum? Or that is one of the tells he looks for?
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

MoI had some scum-meta for Jason Idk
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I don't "believe" it as an absolute necessarily, but I looked at that, and then at Dekes' interaction with Jason, which was basically the same, and at the fact that the only lynch Jason opposed and even freaked a little about was Dekes' lynch. I think it's entirely possible to not mention people sometimes, but that was a two-way lapse, so I think it has more weight.
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Would it make more sense to SK-hunt today? Because I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the vigging of a claimed doc probably wasn't a vigging.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

A very small limb.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Good point. If there is an SK, would there be one or two more scums?
Daughter of the Forest
~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”