Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Mariyta »

Kdub wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:I do not actually think you have an investigative role. However, that post was very well written, up until that point. In the future, just leave that part out.
Mariyta wrote:This is not an acceptable excuse, IMO. I don't even know what to say to rest of it. I mean, why on earth would you say that? As GW has already stated, it's unlikely that you actually possess that role, or you would've kept it a secret as long as possible. If you do, well, bah.
These two posts caught my attention a bit. Based on the possible roles in the setup, there is only one possible investigative role, and that role can't use it on N1 because it requires 14 points, which isn't possible on the first day. It should have been immediately clear that jim was not breadcrumbing a N1 investigation, and I am a bit suspicious that attention was being drawn to it possibly in an attempt to get him to say more about his role.
I don't think I ever said I thought he made a N1 investigation. It's still bad play on his part, whether he has that role or not. Taking that in addition to his lack of posting, he's one of the less likely town players I've seen so far.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Why are we talking about N1 investigations when we haven't even had N1? Not liking Kdub's attempt to cast suspicion on two players for that; it strikes me as a misrep and eagerness to make players look scummy without considering the situation.

Unvote; Vote: Kdub
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Antihero »

People, now is a good time to drop the jim thing.

town: GW, inhim, freak, mari
scum: mongoose, kdub, horrordude

Proceed accordingly.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:People, now is a good time to drop the jim thing.

Proceed accordingly.
I agree, for now, though I want jim to be more active.

UNVOTE:

With that said, there are a couple others I don't like.
  • Mongoose: for obvious and already stated reasons
  • horrordude: His votes have been weak (Coach Travis first, then GhostWriter). The vote on GW is extremely weak and horror seems to only be paying half attention to the game.
  • kdub: Locke stated the reason for this well enough. When I read kdub's post initially, I'd forgotten there wasn't an N1. Kdub is trying to keep a dead (or maybe sleeping) discussion going.
I'll VOTE: kdub for bandwagonning's sake, but
IGMEOY horror

On previewing, I realized that my list is the same as Antihero's. I assure you that this was unintentional. I hadn't really read Anti's list (I take all list's with a grain of salt) and I've been looking at horror suspiciously all game.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Antihero »

Antihero wrote:People, now is a good time to drop the jim thing.

Proceed accordingly.
Actually, rereading the thread, I need to revise that (and if anyone says I did this is because of mari, you need to stop failing).

town: GW, inhim, freak, mari, locke
scum: horrordude, shotty (this one is gut, and my brain hasn't figured out why)

Though kdub has been chasing red herrings a lot in this game, I've satisfied myself with his play after the reread.

Reading horror, it seems like his posts are just sniping at a bunch of minor things people say. Not to mention that the GW vote is pure, unmitigated crap.

UNVOTE: mongoose
VOTE: horrordude0215
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Kdub »

Antihero wrote:The fact that kdub continues to go after townish looking players is troubling me...
That's interesting, so far I have indicated suspicion of inHim and Travis, both of whom you have accused of making bad posts. I've made a negative comment about one of raj's posts, who you have not given any opinion on. Now when I point out a couple odd posts by GW and Mari, you say that I "continue" to go after townish looking players, as if this is somehow a trend? Why are inHim and raj suddenly on your town list?

Mari/Locke:
I think you misunderstood my post. I am saying that GW/Mari thought jim was breadcrumbing *having an investigative role that he would use on N1* (which obviously he doesn't so the point shouldn't even have been made), not that he already had a result.
Mariyta wrote:kdub: Locke stated the reason for this well enough. When I read kdub's post initially, I'd forgotten there wasn't an N1. Kdub is trying to keep a dead (or maybe sleeping) discussion going.
Considering the discussion happened earlier on the same page I made my post, I'd hardly consider it "dead". I saw something odd, so I'm going to continue the discussion of that until it has been addressed in a satisfactory manner. The fact that you are trying to declare the discussion "dead" after misinterpreting my post in order to qualify your vote on me is weak.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Antihero »

Bad posting/voting =/= scum
Why are inHim and raj suddenly on your town list?
From the diction/style of their posts, I get town vibes off of them. It's not really important, though.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 am

Post by GhostWriter »

horrordude0215 wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:So he's like Mongoose, but he's not Mongoose, making you fine with voting him?

I understand seeing him as scummy. As my previous post mentioned, I don't like the discussion he so willingly just threw himself into. However, that vote essentially says what my first line in this post says.
They're both doing the same thing. Everyone is focusing on mongoose and ignoring jim. Jim needs a little pressure, too. Does it upset you that he is no longer flying under the radar?
Oh, that's fun, let's point fingers at people and imply them as scum. I could do that, and say something along the lines of "does it upset you that Mongoose is getting such a huge bandwagon". But that's rather pointless, isn't it? I think so.
Uh... isn't that what you just did?
Unvote, Vote: Ghostwriter
What, pray tell, did I do?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 am

Post by charter »

VOTE COUNT

Coach Travis - 1 (mongoose)
rajrhcpfreak - 1 (drmyshottyizsik)
mongoose - 2 (Coach Travis, GhostWriter)
inHimshallibe - 1 (Kdub)
drmyshottyizsik - 2 (rajrhcpfreak, jimfinn)
GhostWriter - 1 (horrordude0215)
Kdub - 2 (Locke Lamora, Mariyta)
horrordude0215 - 1 (Antihero)

NOT VOTING

inHimshallibe

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is October 3rd, Noon.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Antihero wrote:Though kdub has been chasing red herrings a lot in this game, I've satisfied myself with his play after the reread.
we have a bunch of good players in the game. when someone chases after the red herrings it jumps out more than usual. not necessarily scum. right now im trying to figure it out, is he scum trying to get us off topic. or is it a misled
Kdub wrote:considering the discussion happened earlier on the same page I made my post, I'd hardly consider it "dead". I saw something odd, so I'm going to continue the discussion of that until it has been addressed in a satisfactory manner. The fact that you are trying to declare the discussion "dead" after misinterpreting my post in order to qualify your vote on me is weak.
X

he was called out, he said that he wasnt an investigative role. the only reason it could be brought up is if the possibility of him being scum bread crumbing. posting fluff to continue the conversation to protect him isnt helpful.

i do want to say that there is a Ghost-antihero connection that makes me feel uneasy. but it might just be analogous to mine and inhims relationship. but other than that connection i find both of them pro town.

mari, mari, mari... i get you to join the game and you ignore me all game? on your play-style its going in the right direction, i just find it uneasy when someone ignores me. actually i think thats why i like the GG/BG lists by antihero, everyone on that list is going the same direction as me. and with some pretty strong town reads on everyone in the list i dont think its some conspiracy.

now its been a while since i posted... my vote...
well shotty hasnt done anything to warrant me changing my vote. he overloaded the thread on thursday then disappears with a couple of votes.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Mariyta »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:mari, mari, mari... i get you to join the game and you ignore me all game? on your play-style its going in the right direction, i just find it uneasy when someone ignores me. actually i think thats why i like the GG/BG lists by antihero, everyone on that list is going the same direction as me. and with some pretty strong town reads on everyone in the list i dont think its some conspiracy.
Aww, I'm sorry. I didn't intentionally ignore you. You just haven't done anything of honorable mention, in my opinion. :P Well, aside from the whole discussion about you and inhim, which I found to be stupid, as I know you better than that. I don't think you're scum, if that makes you feel better.
-Susan Ertz

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Kdub wrote:Mari/Locke:
I think you misunderstood my post. I am saying that GW/Mari thought jim was breadcrumbing *having an investigative role that he would use on N1* (which obviously he doesn't so the point shouldn't even have been made), not that he already had a result..

Speaking of misunderstandings...

You do understand that I specifically said that I did NOT think that? Like, said it in the very next post, I think. Or close to it. My problem was with how close it comes to breadcrumbing. Not that it was breadcrumbing. Thus why I specifically said that I needed to clarify that I didn't think he actually had such a role.

rajrhcpfreak wrote:i do want to say that there is a Ghost-antihero connection that makes me feel uneasy. but it might just be analogous to mine and inhims relationship. but other than that connection i find both of them pro town.
What connection?
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by mongoose »

I have to go to school now, but I will read what happened overnight again when I get back. And make an informative post then too
Go Hawkeyes!
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I really don't get the case on Kdub at all. In fact, I don't see anything wrong from either side of that situation, as GW has given me a town vibe from the start of the game, and still is seeming town, and while I'm not quite as convinced about mari he doesn't seem as scummy as some players, and right now I think he's town. But what Kdub said was also fine, as he was just pointing something out, and to me the whole thing seemed like a misunderstanding, so I don't get the two votes on him. I'm completely convinced he's innocent, but he isn't seeming overly scummy right now, he's made some good posts.

I do agree about horrordude looking scummy, his vote on GW definitely needs to be further explained, because right now I don't get it at all, and he really hasn't done anything major aside from that. Also don't like how Shotty made one decent post, and then a whole bunch of joke posts, before completely disappearing. So right now those two and mongoose look the scummiest, IMO.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by mongoose »

i agree with coach travis in the fact that the case on Kdub is very weak and I really don't think he is that scummy. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Also, I do agree with antihero about horrordude. His tends to respond to inquisition by questions of his own. Also, his pots just seem off.
unvote;vote horrordude
Go Hawkeyes!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Mariyta »

Coach Travis wrote:I really don't get the case on Kdub at all. In fact, I don't see anything wrong from either side of that situation, as GW has given me a town vibe from the start of the game, and still is seeming town, and while I'm not quite as convinced about mari he doesn't seem as scummy as some players, and right now I think he's town. But what Kdub said was also fine, as he was just pointing something out, and to me the whole thing seemed like a misunderstanding, so I don't get the two votes on him. I'm completely convinced he's innocent, but he isn't seeming overly scummy right now, he's made some good posts.

I do agree about horrordude looking scummy, his vote on GW definitely needs to be further explained, because right now I don't get it at all, and he really hasn't done anything major aside from that. Also don't like how Shotty made one decent post, and then a whole bunch of joke posts, before completely disappearing. So right now those two and mongoose look the scummiest, IMO.
My main reason for voting kdub is that is seems like he's trying to keep the misunderstanding going. This distracts from finding true scum. Did you mean that you're NOT completely convinced he's innocent?

Good point about shotty. Shotty, where are you?
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Remind me why we ever switched from mongoose again?
mongoose wrote:i agree with coach travis in the fact that the case on Kdub is very weak and I really don't think he is that scummy. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Also, I do agree with antihero about horrordude. His tends to respond to inquisition by questions of his own. Also, his pots just seem off.
unvote;vote horrordude
"Agree on this, agree on that, and also his posts just seem off."

"and also his posts just seem off."
Covering all the bases, I see.

unvote
vote: mongoose

Let's get this back on track.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mongoose: tell me why you got lynched in Boondox. Was your gameplay very similar to here?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

unvote vote kdub
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

Kdub wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:LL, we're best friends, so maybe I'm just biased? IDK. I have a good handle on rajtown, though, and this is it.
Should have just said that in the first place
why?
:igmeou:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum, or one is scum and we are following our normal game play not to look suspicious.
So you are saying if inHim buddies you (as he seems to be doing), either you are both town, or both scum, or one of you is scum. That seems like a long-winded way of saying absolutely nothing.
MIS REP!!!!! and also ironic, and hypocritical

rajrhcpfreak wrote:oh and inhim buddies up with me. i dont really buddy up with him.
even though inhim is sold on me being town. i am always suspicious of inhim for most of the game.
This attitude toward inHim sounds pretty contrived. Would you care to post some games you have been in with him as examples of this behavior?
Coach Travis wrote:Yeah, I'll admit my vote was lazy, I'll do that sometimes where I have a serious reason for voting, but just don't actually give it. Definitely something I need to work on.
Not sure I buy this excuse.
If you have a serious reason when you vote, but don't say what it is because you are too lazy, that's not really a problem with your game that can be "worked on". You either do it or you don't.
or you vote for pressure as a pro town thing, and only scum don't want pro town
Unless of course you didn't have a serious reason to begin with.
This post is so f'ing full of opinions, fluff and mis rep, and on top of that you come of as scummy. I have bolded why.
#freeShotty
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Antihero »

mongoose wrote:i agree with coach travis in the fact that the case on Kdub is very weak and I really don't think he is that scummy. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Also, I do agree with antihero about horrordude. His tends to respond to inquisition by questions of his own. Also, his pots just seem off.
unvote;vote horrordude
Why did I take my vote off you?

UNVOTE: horrordude
VOTE: mongoose

To be sure, this distancing attempt is fail. So horrordude is still scum.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

I've been debating whether to switch my vote to mongoose all day, and I've decided to just do it. That's puts him at 5. Takes 7 to lynch. I still don't like kdub or horror, and shotty is borderline, especially after the last post. In fact, I'm slightly less suspicious of kdub after shotty's quick vote and eager attack (while ignoring all the other potential scum candidates).

UNVOTE: kdub,VOTE: mongoose
-Susan Ertz

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

I think it's mongoose, kdub, and horror. And I gave reasons
#freeShotty
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Antihero »

Did you for horror? If I missed them, please point me to them.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:27 pm

no I didn't. Horror is just my third choice. I am still figuring him out, but i am pretty sure kdub is scum
#freeShotty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”