/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Fate »

-_-
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Rhinox »

-_o

(sleep with one eye open, get it?)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Patrick »

Final Votecount

DrippingGoofball (8) -- mith, iamausername, Plumegranate, SpyreX, Rhinox, Seraphim, ooba, Fate
ooba (1) -- Ellibereth
Plumegranate (4) -- HackerHuck, AdumbroDeus, PokerFace, Kmd4390
Rhinox (1) -- DrippingGoofball

Not voting: Nobody
14 alive, 8 to lynch.

Deadline: 28th of September, 9:20 pm, GMT.

------------------------

DrippingGoofball - Mafia Goon - lynched day 3

Night 3 is here, with a 72 hour deadline. Sleep well!
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Patrick »

Day 4 dawns with another powerole dead.

Rhinox - Tracker - killed night 3

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. The deadline hits on the 15th of October at 11pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

This is just getting weird.

I assumed rhinox was coming out with a claim today so I tracked him to verify it. I got a result that he went nowhere. And I'm still alive for some reason. Can't really analyze shit now but saw the thread open and thought id report in with my (non)result.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Seraphim »

And you're sure sure sure you weren't roleblocked?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I wrote this during night phase so rhinox is still listed. Didn't feel like changing it as I am working some shitty hours today.

KMD obv town, Given the end of the day yesterday sera, mith, rhino = town. Mith stayed on DGB when tide was changing. Rhino drove the nail. Sera was there early too to even the wagons

No read on iam though he was on DGB at start and appeared near deadline so that bodes well for him

ooba was nuetral when i saw no case on him, he leans town now as a result of yesterday

Eleberith I have no read on and he was nowhere to be seen at deadline

Not much of a read on spyreX. He voted elmo who was vig which was bad so that puts him down some

Plum I got as nuetral to scum, I still like some of case that was on her yesterday and if both her and DGB were scum that would explain why DGB flailed madly and went after ooba instead of going after plum near the end of the day. DGB going to ooba instead of the next biggest wagon i think is very telling. she was concerned enough to ask us to save her own skin but not concerned enough to vote the next biggest wagon? something wierd there. She could definatly be paired with one of them.

I lean Scum on Fate given he wanted rhino to full claim when we already got enough PR's out there. Him encouraging rhino to claim looked like fishing for more

Hacker huck and AB didn't jump on DGB when Rhino and the others voted which is puzzling. Hacker much more likly scum as vas's play sucked before while trolls didn't so much. I'll say more about vas's play and suspicions later. AB said he would be on before deadlin on day 3 so i am uncertain as to whether he would have jumped on DGB later. How much were you guys on during deadline beyond your last posts?

Town to Scum
KMD
Rhino
Mith
Sera
IAM
ooba
Elli
SpyreX
AB
Fruits
Fate
Huck

Let's go with the hacker

Vote:Hacker Huck

I have read a good chunk of the game now but still not all. Going mainly on gut and how i feel about the end of yesterday. Anyone who has ever played with me before most likly realizes this is not my usual play style. I usually read alot and post in walls but i'm trying to cut down on that as I tend to over think too much and am trying to cut down on that and or learn not to do that. Yay I def over thought some during day 3. I am also trying something different to cut down on my stress and to cut down on clogging things with even more walls of text as i normally post in walls. See the Of gods and man game and the Monty Python theme games for more detail on my usual playstyle of wall posting.

At any rate this is what I got right now. More to come when i get off work and read more.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

I'll probably do something a little more in depth at a later date, but for now...

Absolutely not going to lynch, no way no how: KMD, mith, Palumporom, Seraphim
Have no particular interest in lynching: SpyreX, PokerFace, ooba
Could certainly be persuaded to lynch: Fate, AdumbroDeus
Need to die immediately: Ellibereth, HackerHuck

VOTE: HackerHuck
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ugh my reads this game. >.>
Kay, first things first.
I think if there is another town vig who has been shooting and getting blocked, they can claim since
1) scum already know who they are. and 2) They're worried that the guy will shoot someone that's scumz > town.
On that note, one of KMD's town reads is probably scum and doing the kill.
FLASH OF GREEN
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by ooba »

Posting from mobile .. Going to be away for the next two days ..
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

PokerFace wrote:I lean Scum on Fate given he wanted rhino to full claim when we already got enough PR's out there. Him encouraging rhino to claim looked like fishing for more

Hacker huck and AB didn't jump on DGB when Rhino and the others voted which is puzzling. Hacker much more likly scum as vas's play sucked before while trolls didn't so much. I'll say more about vas's play and suspicions later. AB said he would be on before deadlin on day 3 so i am uncertain as to whether he would have jumped on DGB later. How much were you guys on during deadline beyond your last posts?
I was originally going to call out Fate for 'knowing' that Rhinox was counterclaiming when only scum would know how many trackers we had. That's also why I didn't understand why Rhinox suddenly 'knew' something about Goofball, when he wouldn't know that there wasn't a third tracker. During the night I reread the role possibilities and noted that there was a cap of only two per each type of role.

Fate was actually right to press Rhinox for a full claim with results if he was countering Goofball. Rhinox should have claimed his results because his only chance of survival would be that the final town role is a doc and we lost any results he had.

I wouldn't rule out plum/pom or ooba as scum based on DGB's late day actions. She's known to create all sorts of misdirection when getting lynched as scum.

I'll have somewhat limited access over the weekend.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:15 am

Post by mith »

Hm.

I'll be voting for Ellibereth, HackerHuck, or PokerFace today. (I don't have a particularly strong gut preference at the moment... all three have started out today with scummy posts.) Out of town this weekend, so I doubt I'll finish rereading yesterday's happenings until Monday... a lot of DGB's posting is almost certainly of the "I dare you to try to figure out who I'm scum with" WIFOM variety, so that will be fun to try to sort out.

As always: Speculating on the night events and possible roles in this game is a bad idea. Scum know what our remaining power role is, and such speculation is going to help them narrow down who it might be. Don't talk about it, unless it is a key element in your case against someone - and even then, you probably should just make the case without reference to night actions.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Fate »

Why the HELL is Seraphim in your obvtown category. No, fuckin seriously.

Vote: Seraphim

Adumbro could use some rope as well soon.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Elli wrote:Ugh my reads this game. >.>
Kay, first things first.
I think if there is another town vig who has been shooting and getting blocked, they can claim since
1) scum already know who they are. and 2) They're worried that the guy will shoot someone that's scumz > town.
On that note, one of KMD's town reads is probably scum and doing the kill.
What makes you think there's a second vig when every set of nights points to one?
Fate wrote:Why the HELL is Seraphim in your obvtown category. No, fuckin seriously.

Vote: Seraphim

Adumbro could use some rope as well soon.
Can we do this the other way?
Vote: HackerHuck

HH is still VV is still F-- is STILL not bussing by Sera.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Seraphim »

fucking finally people come around.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Kmd's lack of being blocked.
FLASH OF GREEN
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

mith wrote:As always: Speculating on the night events and possible roles in this game is a bad idea. Scum know what our remaining power role is, and such speculation is going to help them narrow down who it might be. Don't talk about it, unless it is a key element in your case against someone - and even then, you probably should just make the case without reference to night actions.
This is not rocket science, people.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote:

Assclowns.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Bad read... was probably gonna back a lynch on Rhinox due to my town read on DGB, and then DGB had a scummy breakdown.

Argh.

VOTE: HackerHuck

My opinions on this slot are well known.

L-2

Also, yeah, KMD still being alive and not being roleblocked at all is odd, CC for the last PR slot?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 am

Post by mith »

That's L-1, actually. If someone hammers before I have time to figure this game out, I am going to be annoyed.

(Still suspicious of HackerHuck, despite the speed of this wagon - SpyreX and Seraphim jumping on isn't a surprise, and if HackerHuck is scum there's almost certainly a bus in the mix somewhere. I think I'd rather lynch PokerFace at the moment, but the difference between them on gut-read is pretty small.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:26 am

Post by mith »

(The last line of AdumbroDeus' post is super-scummy, btw. At the moment, my list looks like this:

Want to lynch immediately, if only we had a quadruple-lynch option: PokerFace, AdumbroDeus, HackerHuck, Ellibereth
Not today, but wouldn't be surprised if one of these were scum: Fate, SpyreX, ooba
No interest in lynching anytime soon, and possibly not ever: Plumegranate, Seraphim, iamausername, Kmd4390)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have read everything before page 40 and skimed/read most of day 3, just so you know

Why are some people still asking for the missing PR to claim? Elli brings it up and i think thats what AB meant as well. Who or whatever the 4 powerroll is they should keep their mouth shut until its necessary. Elli mentions they should just come out if the 4th is a vidge. I don't see that as a good idea.

1) We don't know 4th is a vidge
2) Whether they are a vidge or not they have not been necessarily blocked everynight as a vidge doesn't have to kill everynight. Not everyone follows that strategy

Speaking of claims there is another reason why asking rhinox to claim was unnecessary. The roles in the setup to come forward KMD and elmo are both town. Rhinox could only have confirming results of seeing a mafia kill, seeing a roleblocker, seeing the town 4th power, seeing someone go nowhere. If Rhinox saw the first i am sure he would have talked about it earlier. You can look back for crumbs if you think he saw the roelblocker but as there is not much way to prove what he saw was a roleblock, I think odds are what would have most likly been gained from rhinox saying more would be X's went nowhere. Which would just tell us who is nilla or a goon and that type of info is more likly to help scum since they would learn who the 4th power most likly isn't.

In summary can we stop with the shenanigans of asking the 4th to claim?

@Mith, in my reads i am yet to read a case on elli. Other than him asking for the 4th I haven't read other problems with him. Is there an exact place in the game where he exhibits something else scummy that i have not gotten to yet?

I did find it interesting he brought this up first though
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p2467014
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rushed post but confirming that I wasn't blocked.

And yeah if anyone wants to claim a power role, go for it because 3 dead plus me makes four.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

unless i truly fail at reading i think only 2 are dead
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

mith wrote:(The last line of AdumbroDeus' post is super-scummy, btw. At the moment, my list looks like this:
Why?

I can't be legit concerned that maybe we're looking at the possibility that we're looking at another two PR claims?

Nothing I said forces a PR to claim, I just think the possibility is something we should be aware of sooner rather then later.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”