KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by KageLord »

Kitoari wrote:Parama you bragged about tunneling last page and you haven't disappointed me yet.

Except you're now tunneling multiple people. Well, shucks.
This.

I'm just content letting this play out for the moment as well. My main goal at this point is just to find out whether certain people are just being stupid or are scum. This game is so hard to play with VIs. >>
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:If you're calling me a VI, then you're not paying attention to what's going on.
In fact, I don't see any VIs. Just DP being ridiculously bad at scum and me being an arrogant prick.
Didn't say I was referring to you. I actually liked your initial catch on DP's vote, though I don't agree that it necessarily makes him scum. I would say just leaning scum.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 am

Post by KageLord »

cruelty wrote:anyway, onto the game.
kage wrote:I'm just content letting this play out for the moment as well. My main goal at this point is just to find out whether certain people are just being stupid or are scum. This game is so hard to play with VIs.
a) how are you going to find the answers you seek without asking questions?
b) are you scumhunting, or playing pin the tail on the VI(s)?

@parama, if we entertain the assumption that vibe is town, does that change how you feel about DP? specifically, do you think your case stands if DP isn't bussing/defending (weirdly, he seems to have done both) vibe?

for the record i tend to agree that there's a good chance DP is scum, although i'll also note [somewhat hilariously hypocritically] that there are a few players who've contributed basically nothing, so i'm going to hold fire on voting him until we're playing with a full deck of cards. for now, i'll;

vote: kage
. semi-active lurking. am aware this is still ludicrously early on in the game, but i'm not prepared to let a precedent be set.
a) The way it seems I'm finding my answers this game is by having other people ask the questions (or letting people slip themselves). At this point in most games, I have no real reads since early game is usually RVS and one vote getting taken way out of proportion or something (that vote is usually mine >>). Here, we have people practically swearing by their scumreads. If people don't make connections with each other, a flip will only tell us about one person. As it's going now, the flip of DP, vibe, Parama, or charter would conceivably incriminate others. In this game I already have several reads (but as stated before, it's a fine line between scummy and VI/anti-town play).

b) Obviously scumhunting is goal #1. However, since the vast majority of D1 lynches are mislynches, it doesn't hurt to remove anti-town players early. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played this game 4-5 times knows how terrible it is when VIs make it to endgame and you have to decide whether their scummy play throughout the game was actually scummy or just town that did everything wrong. So, obviously I'm going to vote for who I think is scum. But, if it ends up just being an anti-town player, I won't be crying about it.

Now, that being said, my top pick would have to be DP. This is probably because of the attention already on him and how much rope he is being given to hang himself with, but there it is. The thing that irks me most there is his vote on Parama first for bussing Vibe, then saying it was a joke, then voting Vibe, then saying he's still sure Parama and Vibe are both scum (which kind of goes against the whole "it was a silly accusation/RV" thing). And it doesn't help that charter and cruelty have somehow ended up as sure scum for him too, even with minimal interaction (and cruelty doing nothing negative that I can tell).

So, I'm ready to drop the hammer. I'll wait for a claim or final defense from DP though.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:30 am

Post by KageLord »

Your wish is my command, sir.

Claim: Town Vig

Obviously I killed Vibe.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:03 am

Post by KageLord »

Quick note: CommieX hasn't posted other than confirmation, RVS, and saying he would be V/LA until yesterday. Wingless just came back today after not posting since RVS, but only said he needs to reread and needs a new avatar.

Both of these people need to post something constructive soon.

Anyway, on with the massclaim, I guess.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 am

Post by KageLord »

And where did cruelty go? I want his opinions too, since I liked him while he was here before, even though his vote was on me.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 am

Post by KageLord »

Let's just skip ahead to SC, charter, and Parama and put the others after. It may take quite a while if we sit and wait for Commie and Wingless to show.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 am

Post by KageLord »

I think RB is more likely than BPGF (in which case I'm effed and if Kitoari isn't lying, he's useless as a PR).

No need to rush this day anyway. The more we can get out of the slots we have barely seen, the better.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by KageLord »

cruelty wrote: @kage you've posted no actual opinions on people today, merely setup speculation + claim + massclaim discussion. sup breh?
Well, I've never played vig before, but my logic tells me that saying who I think is scum (and therefore who I am likely to kill) wouldn't be the best idea. Why give scum that kind of information? On the other hand, I could say it and WIFOM scum to death with whether I will actually go for that person or not, but if I'm lying about who I think is most scummy it doesn't exactly help town anyway.

I'm not very confident in my scum reads now anyway. Also, a few people are posting a heck of a lot, which is making it seem like everyone else is rarely posting/lurking. Strange how the game without the day deadline is going quicker than my games with day deadlines. Anyway, I'll try to post something useful later this week (after I turn in my first actual paper).
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:Ugh fine
unvote, vote: Stranger

Don't blame me when he flips town. At least let's get some progress in this game - I hate when games stall.
If you think he's town, don't vote for him. Make a strong case against whoever you think is scum.

As I said before, I intend to take cruelty's advice and actually do something useful during the day when I'm done with my school stuff (which will probably be Friday).
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:
cruelty wrote:

Don't blame me when he flips town. At least let's get some progress in this game - I hate when games stall.

so.. you're backing a wagon you think will be a mislynch to prevent stagnation in a day that's gone for about 4 real-time days?
unvote, vote: cruelty

Only if you want me to.

charter we can do this
Opposed.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:TBH, we have the lynches so I don't see the need to be 100% precise but I'd really like to lynch who I think is most likely scum.
Erm... then why did you vote someone earlier that you said would flip town?
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by KageLord »

This is the vote I was talking about. You seem convinced he is town at this point, yet you vote him, which is contrary to your current stand about lynching who you think is most likely scum (which may now very well be SC).

Whatever though, I still don't think you're scum. If not for the double-scum hit early, I might, but as it is, I don't.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Post by KageLord »

He didn't actually confirm Seol as anything. It is still possible that he sent in his night action before leaving.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:02 am

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:I still think he's town regardless. I say lynch cruelty and shoot nopoint, if game doesn't end after either I'll be damned.
This was actually what I was thinking.

Plus, as you said before, even with a mislynch here, and a misfire at night, we will still have 3-person lylo. The only flaw in the draw plan is that the remaining scum might be RB, meaning scum would win if we mislynch at 3.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:05 am

Post by KageLord »

Oh, and I shot Wingless because he had done almost nothing helpful for town. His limited posting would make it easy for him to be scum and just hide out. This way, at least we are left with only pretty active people (assuming Seol's replacement is active). I honestly thought he was scummier than cruelty too.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 am

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:Watch:
1 vig
1 doctor
1 universal backup
6 townies
The thing is, the setup seems pretty darn unbalanced so far. I don't know what the remaining scum role is, but we have 3 town roles to 1 scum role if you believe Kitaori.

On the other hand, Kitaori fakeclaiming doc would have been super risky. For all he knew (if he's scum), we could have actually had a doc at that point and that would mean immediate win for us. Unless he knew the setup somehow, I think it's highly unlikely that he's scum.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by KageLord »

Kitoari wrote:I think any setup with scum lynched D1 and the other vigged D2 is going to be screwed to some degree.
I don't see what the setup has to do with that...
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 am

Post by KageLord »

cruelty wrote:oh yeah;
kage wrote:Plus, as you said before, even with a mislynch here, and a misfire at night, we will still have 3-person lylo.
The only flaw in the draw plan is that the remaining scum might be RB
, meaning scum would win if we mislynch at 3.
you're still alive, so this is unlikely. i think the optimal play last night would have been to block kito and kill you. occam's razor suggests no rb. this is not fact, though.
Possible, but given that charter had a mystery role, perhaps they did block kito and killed charter. It would be risky leaving me alive, but if I didn't show any suspicion of them before N2, I could believe them going for it. But this is just crazy WIFOM.

If they don't have an RB, unless I'm missing something, I think Parama's right in that the worst-case scenario for us is a draw.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by KageLord »

Yeah... not much to say. I have midterms right now, so I'm just doing quick check-ins to see if anything major comes up. Anyway, since a hammer isn't possible without someone changing their vote (or Kit deciding to vote as well), I didn't vote. Whatevs, I'm trusting Parama on this one.

Vote: cruelty
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by KageLord »

Kitoari wrote: Kage: If parama flips town, please none.
I realize that the situation has changed now, but I am wondering about this.

I'll assume you meant "please kill no one". In that case, I don't see the point in it. If I don't kill and scum kills someone, we have 4 people tomorrow. If we mislynch there, I have to pick the right answer between the 2 remaining at night or we lose (and not killing is autoloss too since it leaves a new day with 1-1). So basically here it is win or lose. If I shoot wrong tonight, we end up with 3 players tomorrow and the situation is win or draw. Your reasoning?
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:27 am

Post by KageLord »

VibeBox wrote:
Parama wrote:Thanks a bunch for helping me lynch cruelty, Kit. My reads this game = amazing it seems.
Yeah, genius call on "Catching" me over an RVS Vote. :roll:
I actually didn't kill you for the RVS thing. DP is quite a bit to blame for me picking you first though. ;)

And well done, Parama. I was honestly a bit annoyed with the playstyle early on, but can't argue with results.

Moo's right about any setup being imbalanced with 2 scum being nailed D1/N1, but still... I think they could have done with an RB.
Show

Record:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”