kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Zed wrote:Well if it seemeed like you paid attention to my later posts on the issue then I wouldn't have had to ask.

So are my reasons are worse than Lowell's? You're only going to comment on my side of things, and not his then?
Regarding Lowell's side:

#1: Confirm.
#2: Votes zed, seemed random to myself. Didn't think about this too much due to the fact that it was on Page 2, so chalked it up to random vote. Actually was an effective one from my PoV considering it seems to have spurred some reaction/discussion.
#3: Hunches from Lowell. Not reading much from this post, he semi-explains his singer vote in his next post.
#4: Some more hunches, with reasoning behind them as well. Townish post from Lowell.
#5: Apology. Nothing here.
#6 States why he is displeased with zed's play, develops his vote reasoning further. To be honest this logic seems solid, it matches my personal read of zed.

The difference in between your reasoning and Lowell's is yours requires a person to believe both Lowell and Antihero are scum, and it falls flat when you reduce that to one or the other. Lowell has identified that this is grasping at straws in his vote against you and it justifies his side.

From Lowell's side I'm seeing townish play from him.
zed wrote:Your comments are just making me think and question you now, especially since I didn't have even the slighest tingle about NS's status.
For what reason are they making you question me? This statement looks like a bit more OMGUS from your part, and I think you are falling into the the ideal that someone attacking you automatically makes them scummy, evident by your reaction to Lowell and myself.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:54 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Sevei wrote:Massive amounts of CYA noted.
Psst....whats CYA stand for...? >_>
Welcome to the Network.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Sevei »

"Cover Your A**"
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sevei wrote:Derp, look at this.

Let's talk semantics. Look at how much CYA is going on in a2rb's posts, shall we?
a2rb wrote:Equi for me is getting town points, even though the exchange over the questions rifled me a little bit. I will say however, that that is the first time i have seen someone rationalize their thoughts behind their RQS, which is refreshing in my mind. It's always read as just another semi-useless way to start the game (although, no question is a stupid question in Mafia since there's no telling what reactions will bring) On that case...I should probably answer them.
Basically:
He's sucking up to Equinox while also sucking up to the people who questioned Equinox by saying that she's town, but the people who questioned her might have a point. He's acting like he's never seen a point behind RQS until now, and Equinox has actually shown him the light...even though of COURSE there are no stupid questions in mafia because questions result in reactions.
a2rb wrote:I feel like the antihero v singer debate is mostly town v town based largely on semantics. I don't think there's much info to be gleamed from that unless flips prove us otherwise.
Or..."I think they are both town but they may also be scum." (How about some syrup with that waffle?)
a2rb wrote:It's just in the games i've encountered RQS in so far, the questions haven't really accomplished anything more than random votes. The person usually asks, some people answer or refuse to, and then something gets blown out of proportion. What I guess I meant was that I had not yet seen the initial poster of the questions give rationale behind the answers they received to the questions (ie, by the end of your breakdown, it seemed much more of an active scumhunting technique than just an alternate way to start the game)
Even though he's already said there are no stupid questions in Mafia, the questions in all of his other games have only resulted in...discussion, gasp. But Equinox and her questions are TOTALLY different, and of COURSE she is scumhunting and not just trying to get the game started...unlike every other person who uses RQS.

Okay. Buddying/Sucking up to Equinox noted. Refusing to take a firm stance that condemns anyone's behavior noted. Massive amounts of CYA noted.

Vote: a2rudeboy
I read this, and decided to iso a2rb, and he doesn't have very much. But I am really getting this impression that he doesn't want to disagree with anyone if he doesn't have to.

--

Zed, I still really don't like your half OMGUS/half serious vote. I mean,

1. How is Lowell diverting attention from Antihero?
2. What Kunk said about the fact tht the only way your theory hold water is if they are both scum.
3. There was some OMGUS going on.

VOTE: Zed.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Zed »

Well kunkstar, I disagree with you on a lot of your points.

I don't think Lowell had any good reason to FoS me. As I already said, low content/low posting isn't a good reason on day one, especially since he had one content post.

I don't think you have to believe Antihero is scum to go along with my hunch. Lowell's post time could have had nothing to do Antihero and singer's...discussion. If it did, it could have been scum distracting an innocent by starting to go after me. It could have been an innocent trying to distract from another innocent. The point is, I don't know. And I don't pretend to know.

And no, I don't think your scum. I was just questioning your reasons for only pointing me out, and no one else. Especially when you're pointing out posts from a..discussion, without noting the other side. And to me it seemed like you weren't taking the other side into consideration, and I would prefer not to have my own words twisted in a way that make no sense when they make perfect sense to me.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Zed »

Lowell drew the attention from singer and antihero to my lack of content and posts.

The rest aren"t questions, so that's it.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call V

Equinox -2- kunkstar7, Nexus

kunkstar7 -1- quadz08
singersigner -2- Antihero, Lowell
quadz08 -1- Equinox
Antihero -1- singersigner
Lowell -2- a2rudeboy, Zed
Pomegranate -1- springlullaby
a2rudeboy -1- Sevei
Zed -1- Pomegranate

12 in class, 7 expels

Pomegranate is V/LA starting Thursday, lasting until Saturday night.
Equinox is V/LA until Wednesday
Nexus is V/LA until Saturday

Please tell me if this is off.

Deadline is in two weeks, the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST. Deadline hitting now means Equinox gets kicked out
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Antihero »

Just did a quick reread. A couple things I didn't see pointed out I would like explained.

Post 85: Pomegranate: I don't see what Lowell did that was scummy. Can you please elucidate for me?

Post 118: This post is packed full of fail. First off, the equinox fos shows that SL (can I call you that?) hasn't even read the thread. Second off, that lowell fos is pretty crappy, considering that lowell listed a reason other than Zed's "lurking." And WTF is the vote for Pom for?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Antihero wrote:Post 85: Pomegranate: I don't see what Lowell did that was scummy. Can you please elucidate for me?
Oh, just the way he voted on unexplained reads. But I'll say that my read on him has changed since then.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm gonna have to extend my v/la until Monday Evening. Something's come up.
Trans rights are human rights.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Re: Sevei

To be honest, I really never have seen a point to RQS before. It has always been for me just a slightly more interesting way to start the game. I cannot gleam much information from questions that range from irrelevant ("What's your favorite colour?" ) to borderline rolefishing ("What's your favorite role?"). Yes, these questions generate discussion of some sort, and yes they are useless for me in terms of my own reads on people. The discussions I've seen from RQS stages are things like: people getting upset over someone not answering certain questions/questions at all (for me, a nontell), or things like the argument here over semantics. So yes, Equi posting a detailed analysis of how the responses to her questions led to her reads on other people was something I had not seen before and found useful. Town points. However, I was also interested in why she stated that her own answers to this question would change people's opinions, and to her defensiveness once the argument with singer started. Not scummy, per se, but it raised my radar of the two. I find Equi town, I find singer town. I don't find much useful information in their argument. If one were to flip scum, that debate would be the first thing I would reanalyze.

As far as refusing to take a firm stance, I have been attempting to get better at that on the site. A quick meta-check will should you that in-the-middle words like maybe, probably, usually, etc. are simply a part of my posting style and is not related to alignment.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Pomegranate »

V/LA until Saturday night.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 am

Post by CSL »

Checking for prods...

Lowell
quadz08
springlullaby

have all been prodded
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:34 am

Post by springlullaby »

Phone post. I still find zed ok. To respond to antihero, how would you resume his vote on zed beside being a candy wrapped lurker lynch? I like sevei s point about arudeboy but will give this game a non phone reread before doing anything.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Responding to prod; V/LA until this weekend, probably. Attack of the vicious homeworks. Sorry, guys.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by singersigner »

VOTE: quadz08
You haven't done much of anything for this game except post fluff to make it look like you're contributing, when you're really not. The couple times you've posted any content were in response to Equinox's RQS, and dwelling on how it seemed like rolefishing. It seems to me like you're a little too concerned with that.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Lowell »

Responding to very intimidating prod. Will be gone this weekend, but will try to get a post in today or tomorrow before I leave.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by Sevei »

@springlullaby: Why make cases on two people and vote someone else?

@a2rudeboy: Hm. You need to scumhunt more. Appease less.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Equinox »

Hey, guys. This isn't working out for me, so with sincere apologies, I need to replace out. Luckily, I've found a replacement for my slot, and I've let CSL know. Hopefully this will be a smooth transition. I think you'll like this replacement, too.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:17 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

I've currently got my post on the player i find most scummy, I have yet to see a response from him.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 am

Post by CSL »

Contacting Uite.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 am

Post by CSL »

Uite replaces Equinox, effective as soon as he posts.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Uite »

Hi to the people I've met before; Kunkstar7, quadz08, and singersigner! Greetings to the other players as well.

I'm reading through the thread now, and I'll post some more detailed stuff when I'm finished. For now I have a few things to say though:
Equinox wrote:1. What is your time zone?
2. How much activity can we expect from you?
3. What is your favorite role?
4. Chaos or order?
  1. I'm in the Netherlands, so that's CEST, or UTC+2 right now.
  2. I average about two posts per game per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  3. Doctor, though I haven't played it on this site yet.
  4. Order, definitely.
@Mod:
I have two questions about the rules. First, and this one is fairly minor and the asnwer is probably obvious, but Night Phase rule 3 states that Mafia can't kill their buddies at night; does this also apply to Werewolves? Second, what are the rules for what happens at deadline? You've stated that I'm the lynch if the deadline were right now, but exactly why is that?

Also, I'll unvote for now, until I'm up to speed and have some analysis to go on.
UNVOTE: quadz08
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:41 am

Post by CSL »

1. It applies to all anti-town forces with more than 1 member. I will not accept suicides by nightkill either.

2. Lynches happen if a majority (n+1) occurs. If deadline reaches before a majority, then the player who has the highest votecount will be eliminated. If a tie happens, then whoever reached the highest number at deadline first is lynched.

(Wow, that was worded awesomely. Adding to the rules)
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:20 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Sevei wrote:Hm. You need to scumhunt more. Appease less.
QFT.
a2rudeboy wrote:I've currently got my post on the player i find most scummy, I have yet to see a response from him.
Considering this is your Lowell vote:
a2rudeboy wrote:vote: lowell I dont like how he, first, blindly ignored the part of Zed's post calling attention to possible scuminess, and then easily tried to discredit what she said with "oh there's no substance here..."
What do you expect Lowell to respond with? What of Lowell's posts of Zed's scumminess? In what form did Lowell discredit zed with "oh there's no substance here..."? Have you developed your read on Lowell any further beyond this initial psot which as you yourself stated was your first real time checking in?
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Open Games”