Newbie 1002: Nowherevilletownplace (D3)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Zenken »

@Bazz

In all honesty, I thought either el simo or furcolow were the likeliest scum on that wagon, and if MDZ flipped scum, I would be surprised. Like I am surprised with el simo flipping town. so, if I had to choose someone to be scum on that wagon, it would be Furcolow.

It is also particularly interesting he started that wagon, Lobster flipping town. then el simo showing up dead the next day. then again, if Furcolow isn;t scum and really is the cop, he's useless to town, and the Mafia want him to look like the bad guy. It's unfortunate for him that really, it feels like, the only way for the town to win is his death. Because if he were to flip town, my suspects would be pretty much confirmed. And if he were to flip scum, I'd have an idea of his partner.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@Zenken

If I was scum, why the hell would I kill el simo? he had my back. That makes no sense. How does that make sense, Zenken?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@MDZ: When you said: "The best way you can help town at this point is by having your role confirmed on the flip. If you really are cop, you've obviously been roleblocked and you'll keep getting roleblocked until you're lynched so confirming your role is the best looking option. ", Do you not see how this is misleading? YOU ARE ADMITTING THERE IS A MEDIC AND I WAS ROLEBLOCKED. IF I'M NOT ROLEBLOCKED, THE MEDIC GETS A % TO BE ROLEBLOCKED, WHEREAS IF I'M ALIVE IT'S PRETTY MUCH 0%.
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Zenken »

To throw suspicion away from you. That's pretty obvious, if you don't see that motive, you must be pretty blind, kill the townie that has your back to prove your own 'townie' point.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

if i was scum, i would kill someone who thinks i'm scum, not someone who thinks i'm town
your entire argument is WIFOM, zenken. Throw suspicion away from me? You make me laugh.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Furcolow »

the problem here is kanashimi/zenken/MDZ all are wanting to see my flip. One of these plays, at the least, has to be town. Therefore, someone has terrible logic. We already know the setup. It's setup 4. There is a medic, myself, and some townies against a Roleblocker, and a Goon. That is the setup.

My flip is unnecessary, and the next person to vote me is going to get voted by me and the rest of the town should bandwagon them with me. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Kanashimi flip. Whoever is the town of the three that I have named in this post, and I think it's you Zenken, needs to learn how to play mafia.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Furcolow »

players*
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Stef »

Furcolow wrote:if i was scum, i would kill someone who thinks i'm scum, not someone who thinks i'm town
your entire argument is WIFOM, zenken
And yours isn't??
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Maddie
Maddie
Townie
Maddie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Maddie »

Sorry, me again. It's just that I'm living here for a while. So, Furcolow, you haven't answered my other question either.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Furcolow »

what question? i'll try to find it
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Maddie wrote:@ Furcolow - that's not what I asked, so calm down. And while we're at it, also take your time when you're reading, in order to avoid misunderstandings. I asked why you would have claimed being a cop if you weren't. Because it would have been a stupid decision for scum Furcolow. However, town Furcolow is really no better, so I'm really sorry I don't believe in policy lynches right now. And you being overall no good in this game is really consistent with either. However, I am trying to keep an open mind and be objective about you. So try to do the same and be useful. Don't freak out. Explain.
If this is the question, I will have to explain:
1) I learned it is bad policy to lynch a claimed cop day 1
2) El Simo convinced me I was at L-2 or L-1, when I was at L-3, so I felt like the only way I would live would be through this claim.
3) I know this does not confirm me, because this could be (from a townie's perspective), the setup where it is 2 goons and all townies. I would have a 33.333333333333333% chance of that being successful. Actually, a little higher, because you have to factor in a cop counterclaim as helping scum. I don't like 1/3, though. I have the advantage of knowing the setup we're in, as I was roleblocked. Whoever the Doctor is, good job on believing me btw.

I believe Kanashimi is probably the best lynch. If he is town, he would really hurt us in LyLo. So would Zenken, though. Who is everyone up for lynching?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Actually, let me rephrase that, who do you all find likeliest to be the roleblocker? someone both scum and a power role.
I want everyone to answer who they would pick to be the scum roleblocker, and why. We will go through everyone in order alphabetically from top to bottom.

BAZZ
FrozenAeon
Furcolow
Kanashimi
Maddie
MightyDarkZero
Zenken

Bazz, who do you find to be the roleblocker?
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Jeez Furcolow, your bad play seems to go in waves. At times you can make some valid points, but right now you've gone back to being totally ridiculous again. Whilst much of your play I read as either ridiculous, or with the aim of self-preservation, I also find you scummier for a few of the below points.
furcolow wrote:your entire argument is WIFOM, zenken.
- No it's not. Go and look up WIFOM again if you don't understand it.
- I agree with Zenken in the first place. Its a very reasonable tactic for scum to NK town who supports them most to throw off suspicion.
- el simo NEVER supported you. Go re-read his posts, he found you as scummy as the rest of us did, he only wanted to wait to gain some info.
furcolow wrote:YOU ARE ADMITTING THERE IS A MEDIC AND I WAS ROLEBLOCKED. IF I'M NOT ROLEBLOCKED, THE MEDIC GETS A % TO BE ROLEBLOCKED, WHEREAS IF I'M ALIVE IT'S PRETTY MUCH 0%.
- He wasn't "admitting" anything, only speculating as all good players should.
- The second part of this is such a thin reason for people not to vote you. Are you seriously suggesting that people don't vote you on the chance that you are a cop, on the chance that there is a roleblocker, on the chance that the roleblocker will continue to roleblock you if you're alive, on the chance that there is a medic, and on the chance that they'd hit the medic with a roleblock the first night you weren't around. This is such a pathetic slippery-slope argument.
Stop trying to find reasons for people not to vote you. If you are town, you shouldn't have to find excuses in order to save your skin.
furcolow wrote:the problem here is kanashimi/zenken/MDZ all are wanting to see my flip. One of these plays, at the least, has to be town. Therefore, someone has terrible logic. We already know the setup. It's setup 4.
- Again, they have thought through the situation logically, so stop calling them out on "terrible logic" when they've made reasoned attempts at reading the game as it stands. Whilst I don't think attacking people for poor logic is helpful, right now you'd be the person I'd call up for poor logic skills (for all of the above and below points).
- We don't know its setup 4. You
may
know its setup 4, just like you
may
know you are the cop, just like you
may
know you are scum. This is an unreasonable argument to expect of other people who are a) not in your situation, and b) aware that this game is about lying to others, and who therefore don't trust you.
furcolow wrote:the next person to vote me is going to get voted by me and the rest of the town should bandwagon them with me.
- Don't threaten other players with OMGUS votes. This is very bad play and the most pathetic attempt at saving your own skin yet.
furcolow wrote:Bazz, who do you find to be the roleblocker?
This is a highly ridiculous suggestion. In a game where the town players know nothing other than the words on this thread, its hard enough to hit scum, let alone bother speculating about power-roles. A mafia roleblocker will NOT behave any differently to a mafia goon during the day, so trying to read someone as a roleblocker is a totally ridiculous suggestion.

---

Furcolow - I've said this many a time and I'm saying it again, STOP SPECULATING ABOUT POWER-ROLES.
You are only doing it because you see it as the only way of saving yourself from a lynch. You've seen that banging on about being cop saved you D1, so you're following the same pattern now in the name of self-preservation.

Also, speculating about town power-roles (ESPECIALLY the medic) is
always
pointless information for town, and very very useful information for scum. So unless you are infact scum fishing for the medic to NK, stop talking about power-roles.

Also (and this is an important point), whilst we're responding to your pointless posts about cops and medics and roleblockers, nobody is doing any scumhunting. The aim is to find scum and lynch them before they NK all the town, its really quite simple, but you're distracting us from this objective. [note: I give you scumpoints for this reason]. The same thing happened in D1, all the talk was about whether you were or were not cop, and as a result, when it came to the deadline we had no reads and were force to make a random lynch which hit town.

I'm going to say this once more:

STOP TALKING ABOUT POWER-ROLES

If you don't heed my request this time I'll only ignore any subsequent posts that are speculating about any power-roles (town or mafia ones) and suggest other players do the same.
(I have a few follow up questions for other players, but will post them shortly because I've run out of time)
x
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Just done a re-read, and have decided that as much as I don't like Furcolow's play at the moment, there's a player I find scummier.

As I said, my focus has been on Furcolow, Zenken and MDZ because of their opportunistic votes on Lobstermania.
In hindsight, Furcolow was the first to vote, whether his reasons were motivated by scum or town, he could hardly be described as opportunistic. I find much of the rest of his play annoying, but am trying to decipher what's scummy and what's just poor play.
Whilst my read on Zenken was town, this is changing gradually since D1, and I am suspicious of him.
However, I find MightyDarkZero to be the most scummy, and this is for three simple reasons: 1) He has lurked, 2) He hasn't scumhunted, 3) He was the fourth player on the easy mislynch wagon D1. So:
Vote: MightyDarkZero

This puts him at L-2 I believe (4 votes for a lynch, with 2 votes on him atm right?).
x
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Zenken »

sykedoc wrote:
The setup is randomly chosen from the following setups:

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
I've only even seen the setups listed like this in my quick read through. and I took notice of something. Setup four doesn't have a cop.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
MightyDarkZero
MightyDarkZero
Townie
MightyDarkZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by MightyDarkZero »

Furcolow wrote:Actually, let me rephrase that, who do you all find likeliest to be the roleblocker? someone both scum and a power role.
I want everyone to answer who they would pick to be the scum roleblocker, and why.
To be honest, I'm doubtful of there being a roleblocker at all. Again, to assume there is one would mean assuming you're actually cop which I'm also skeptical of.
ooBAZZoo wrote:However, I find MightyDarkZero to be the most scummy, and this is for three simple reasons: 1) He has lurked, 2) He hasn't scumhunted, 3) He was the fourth player on the easy mislynch wagon D1. So:
Vote: MightyDarkZero
I explained the first two already. I'm trying harder to make time now so I should be posting a little more, but even now I'm posting at nearly 4 am. As for your third reason, it didn't seem like any other options would be entirely helpful at that point. With only a short time left, I mostly just wanted to move on to the second day so we could actually make some progress.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Furcolow »

ok the above post says a lot but doesn't really rectify anything
furthermore, he is still trying to cast doubt that I was roleblocked last night

This is the slowest game I have ever been in
I have had enough of waiting on the town to help me
@mod please replace me
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Zenken »

Vote: Furcolow
MightyDarkZero
MightyDarkZero
Townie
MightyDarkZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 am

Post by MightyDarkZero »

@Furcolow
If you're really that sick of being in the game why not just let us confirm your role? You'd be helping town a lot and you wouldn't have to worry about the length of the game anymore.
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

MightyDarkZero wrote:
Furcolow wrote:I mostly just wanted to move on to the second day so we could actually make some progress.
Then why you didn't move on and voted your fos, or anyone scummier?
Why have you voted on the same person as the player you have flamed so much voted?

I must say i agree with Bazz on his FoS list for the same reason, and that i'm considering removing my vote on Furcolow. Also i want to ask...

@Maddie to answer this questions:

1)What's your read on MDZ?
2)What's your read on Zenken?
3)Do you believe on Furcolow's claim? Why?
4)Do you think Furcolow still have any utility to the game?
5)What are the most pro-town reads you have so far?
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

Furcolow wrote:@mod please replace me
Furcolow wrote:
@mod please replace me
Furcolow wrote:
@mod please replace me
Is this music, what i'm hearing?
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by ooBAZZoo »

I agree that this game is slow, but people need to stick at it. Maddie and FrozenAeon haven't contributed anything new to D2's proceedings, and these games can't work if half the players are inactive, or only posting points repeating what others have said.
However, Furcolow your giving up seems a lot like sulking to me. If you want to go, I'd gladly welcome a replacement.

@Mod
- From what I understand FrozenAeon hasn't posted in over a week. Am I wrong, or should they not have been both prodded and replaced in that time? Whilst I don't want to accuse you of not doing your job properly, I'd like some clarification on the whole replacements procedure.
x
MightyDarkZero
MightyDarkZero
Townie
MightyDarkZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by MightyDarkZero »

Kanashimi wrote:Then why you didn't move on and voted your fos, or anyone scummier?
Why have you voted on the same person as the player you have flamed so much voted?
Everyone seems to be asking me the same thing over and over even though I keep telling you the answer. There was still more to find out about both of them, and to find out those things the night needed to pass. Not only that, but there were no other choices that really made sense at the time. It was either vote the choice that would end the day fastest or no vote at all.
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:06 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

@Maddie -
1) What do you think of my case against MightyDarkZero?
2) I know we have a while until the deadline (so no rush just yet), but if the deadline was a few hours away, would you be prepared to vote MDZ ?

@Zenken -
Same two questions as those for Maddie.
x

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”