Large Theme Game List (Moderators) (Former)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

Post by LimMePls »

What is the status of this game from post 0?
Post 0 wrote:Lord of the Rings Mafia: War of the Ring
Mod: Plum
Backup Mod: CallMeLiam
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

LynchMePls wrote:What is the status of this game from post 0?
Post 0 wrote:Lord of the Rings Mafia: War of the Ring
Mod: Plum
Backup Mod: CallMeLiam
We're almost done![/cliche]
But seriously, we're pretty much finished. Just looking over some edited Role PMs, testing the balance another round or two, etc.
It
should
be done and ready for sign-ups within a week or so.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Plum »

We're really sorry - but on the plus side the game ought to be super-balanced! And it really is almost done. Almost.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

/in to mod
Magician's Mafia: The Hypnotists

• Number of players: 15 or 16. I will let players during sign-up vote for Night Start of Day Start. If Night Start, the game will have 16 players; if Day Start, the game will have 15 players.
  • Modding experience: Extensive. List of games can be found on my wiki page
  • Back-up Mod: Probably Yaw (since I have discussed the set-up with him), but I will double-check.
  • Current modding commitments: None.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:14 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

petroleumjelly wrote:/in to mod
Magician's Mafia: The Hypnotists

• Number of players: 15 or 16. I will let players during sign-up vote for Night Start of Day Start. If Night Start, the game will have 16 players; if Day Start, the game will have 15 players.
  • Modding experience: Extensive. List of games can be found on my wiki page
  • Back-up Mod: Probably Yaw (since I have discussed the set-up with him), but I will double-check.
  • Current modding commitments: None.
Looks like I might as well be clear on the flavor:

The 2010 Magician's Convention has been invaded by their arch-rivals: the Hypnotists. Hypnotists are tricky folk, and one curious aspect about them is that they do not like to get their hands dirty if they can convince somebody else to do their job for them. Thus, the Hypnotists have a number of restrictions on how they can kill:

Each night, the Hypnotists can attempt to hypnotize one person
outside
of their group. If they are successful, they can direct that person to kill another player, but a hypnotized player cannot kill themselves unless they are of abnormally weak will. The same player cannot be hypnotized twice.

It is possible that hypnotists have "trigger words" they might be able to use during the Day to influence the game in subtle ways, if a player has been hypnotized to do something other than kill.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Magician's Mafia: The Hypnotists good to go. Just post your backup in here when it is decided.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Confirm Yaw as back-up Mod.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

The Lord of the Rings Mafia

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

A bit of trivia: Did you know that the third Lord of the Rings book was supposed to be called "The War of the Ring", but Tolkein's editor suggested changing it to "Return of the King", a move Tolkein wasn't too thrilled with, since he didn't want the ending to be spoiled by the title.

Lord of the Rings Mafia
is a Large Theme game for 25 players, based on the series of novels (and the movies based on the novels) written by J. R. R. Tolkein. Knowledge of the theme might be advantageous, and will make the game at least twice as enjoyable; however, theme knowledge is not required.
Players are required to have completed at least two non-Newbie games on this site in order to join. The Moderators are willing to make exceptions to this rule at their discretion, so anyone interested is encouraged to PM and request one, explaining why he/she wants and/or deserves an exception.

Reviewers
This game was reviewed and cleared for play by
Faraday
and
Kdub
, with supplemental reviewing done by
ooba
and
xRECKONERx

Moderator Requirements:
Plum, the official Moderator for the game: Lay of Leithian Mafia. This game will be Modded from this account with the aid of unofficial co-Mod Andrius as per the standards previously discussed with Kinetic; both will have access to the account, as will the backup Moderator (see below). The setup was jointly conceived and formulated between both.

Backup Moderator Requirements:
CallMeLiam, the official backup Moderator for the game, who will have access to the Moderator account for the game: (Mini 992 - Mafia in Handsometown, Mini 1014 - Ghostbusters Mafia)

Current Moderating Commitments:
Plum: Mini 1031: Encore Mafia.
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Plum's Lord of the Rings Mafia is good to go. You're free to open signups at your own pleasure.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II will be ready in a few weeks.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Gorrad »

/in to mod
Gorrad's Favorite Fictional Characters Mafia

A compilation of some of my favorite characters in one mixed-up Large Theme to celebrate my return to MS. 24 Players.

Experience: FF Mini and Webcomic Wars Large, amongst others.
Backup Mod: Hasdgfas
Modding no other games.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

/in to mod

SS
Davy Maybourne

High Orbit, UTP Planet Massotorrido, Medici System
November 26th, 2486 Space Calendar
1726 SST

Commodore James Kerry sat quietly on a chair comprised of Programmable Matter (known colloquially as progmatter). This particular progmatter was running a program that caused it to change color based on the color clothing worn by it's occupant; since Kerry sported the customary black uniform worn by military space personnel, the chair chose to color itself crimson, with various shading techniques and hue variations to suggest a leather texture. On the opposing side of the waiting room, a pretty young man sat behind a holodesk, his brown eyes intently focused on the third-meter tall holoscreen, although the side of the hologram facing Kerry was opaque, thus preventing him from observing what exactly the secretary was doing. On Kerry's left was the door that led to Admiral Washiby's office; to the right was the door that led back to the rest of the
Davy Maybourne
's Command and Control center.

Kerry looked at his omniwatch and sighed mentally. Considering that he and his crew were supposed to be enjoying well-earned rest and relaxation at the moment, if Spacefleet felt like canceling the down time and recalling him and his crew, the least they could do was not keep him waiting patiently in a chair for over twenty minutes, especially when the holomag reader was burned out. His hand ran through his jet-black hair. Then there was the unexplained change in clearance level this morning--

The C&C-side door soundlessly slid open, and Admiral Washiby trotted in, decelerating to a halt in front of Kerry, who immediately rose to his feet and braced for a salute; at the same time, the progmatter chair reverted to its normal pale gray color. "At ease, Commodore Kerry. I just got back from an important meeting that ran slightly over time. Please, follow me. We have much to discuss."

Admiral Washiby stepped toward his office door; the sensors recognized the admiral's presence and opened the doors, allowing him to walk on through. Kerry firmly strode in just behind him. The admiral beckoned Kerry toward a progmatter chair as he himself moved behind the holodesk and took the seat on the other side. Quietly, the office doors sealed shut.

"So what's this about, Admiral?" Kerry inquired. "I'm presuming it's important."

Admiral Washiby nodded. "I know you and your crew were cherishing your R and R, but we've happened upon a perilous situation that, if resolved correctly, could result in a key advantage over the Arkons in the war. Since you're the best commodore we've got around these parts, the task of completing this mission falls to you."

"I see." Kerry leaned back into his chair, which reshaped itself to accommodate the new posture. "So, what's the mission, sir?"

Reaching into a pants pocket, the admiral extracted a data-chip and held it for Kerry to see. "The in-depth particulars are detailed in this data chip. Allow me to summarize your mission: The rebel fringe colony of Liten, out in Tynnfred, is being invaded by Arkon forces, and they have requested our aid in exchange for their surrender. Based on data they've sent to us, we believe that the Litens are in possession of a device of unknown origin, termed the Infinity Generator, and that this device is capable of producing an infinite amount of energy. It is imperative that we recover the Infinity Generator and prevent it from falling into Arkon hands. Unfortunately, we can't spare any fleets toward the recapture of Liten, so the decision is to send an S.O.B. team to infiltrate Liten, recover the device, and bring it back to Terran space."

"Sounds nice, sir. Since I'm not a member of the Secret Operations Branch, I don't see where I fit into all this."

"I was just getting to that part. As it happens, the closest S.O.B. can be here within the next forty-eight hours. What they lack, however, is a stealth frigate to bring them to Liten. The nearest stealth frigate won't be able to arrive quickly enough to suit our timetable, so we've upgraded your security clearance and given you and your crew temporary reassignment to the Secret Operations Branch. Stealth equipment for your battle frigate will arrive with the S.O.B. team, and as soon as we can have the equipment installed on your frigate, you will leave for the Tynnfred system.

"Commodore, I cannot stress the importance of this mission enough. As of now, we're not winning this war. Procurement of the Infinity Generator may give us the crucial advantage we need to defeat the Arkon menace. Failure is absolutely not an option. Do I make myself clear?"

Tersely Kerry nodded. "Yes, sir. Perfectly clear."

"Good." Admiral Washiby held the data-chip out, and Kerry took it and placed it in his own pants pocket. "I suggest you familiarize yourself with the information on that data-chip quickly," he added. "Time is of the essence. You're dismissed, Commodore."

Kerry rapidly rose, saluted, and strode out of the admiral's office. As he traipsed down the myriad corridors leading to the space station's shuttle bay, he pondered on how the hell he was going to brief the crew on these changes in events...

The Return to Liten

- The game will have 18 players.
- My modding experience (in reverse chronological order) is Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Large Theme), Mini 981: Descent into Chaos (Mini Theme), and Open 209: The Invasion of Liten.
- My backup mod is Haylen, who's run a crapload of games, which are on her wiki if you need to check those out.
- I currently have no mafia commitments.
- There will also be a requirement of having at least three completed games in order to join, unless you get me to except/accept you. (This part is for everyone other than Kinetic that's reading this.)
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Kinetic »

Gorrad's Favorite Fictional Characters Mafia is good to start sign-ups. Welcome Back.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Gorrad »

Rock on! Thanks : )
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia.
Flavour to come later

28 players.
Modding experience: Reck's Mad Mad Mad Mind, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Mafia, Left 4 Dead Mafia (should be ample evidence, more games listed in my wiki)
Co-Mod: dramonic (We are using our Reckamonic hydra to run this game)
Current commitments: Lost S1 Mafia (Reck), Tarot Mafia & Alphabet Mafia (dramonic)

This game will not go into signups until dramonic's Alphabet Mafia ends.
green shirt thursdays
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

SaintKerrigan's The Return to Liten is approved to start signups at your convenience.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

MY GAME HAS ENDED!
we can start Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia! =D
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kinetic, I don't know if you keep track of this or not, but Ladies Night has ended on N4 with a town victory.
GandalfIzSik
GandalfIzSik
Goon
GandalfIzSik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 am

Post by GandalfIzSik »

ok so this is a hydra and I just wanted to say hi people and I can't wait untill Reck's game opens up
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I am planning on reconfiguring Gay Mafia and running it at some point in the near-ish future. For those of you who are familiar with the original Gay Mafia...this one will be better...promise... :)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Thanks RedCoyote. I do keep track, but generally about once every two weeks I just cruise the Theme Park and update my second post.

Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia is good to go start signups.

Gandalf, this isn't the right place to post that, as it has nothing to do the moderation of Theme Games. Please leave that to PM or general discussion threads.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Kinetic, we don't have topic posting abilities in the Queue >.>
._.
meeeeeeep?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Added RM to Avoritet.
Retired as of October 2014.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Kinetic »

Thanks Flay! Sorry about that guys, knew both Reck and Dram had the powers and forgot you were running the game under a hydra.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SWN III had to be stopped for mod error, so to compensate, I present in its place
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare IIIS: The Dungeon

Katsuki and SpyreX were killed in the invasion of Dreamland Castle. Then suddenly, StrangerCoug awakened.

He picked up his watch from his computer desk and looked at the date. Saturday. He had two days of freedom, as if he could be bothered to do anything with his freedom other than sit at a computer.

"Well, since I don't have to go anywhere today," StrangerCoug said, "I might as well read some—"

Suddenly, a cold hand grabbed StrangerCoug's shoulder. He turned around and saw Parama.

"Some what?" he said. "News about you killing SpyreX? This may not be exactly the same 'reality' as when he died, but the damage has still been done. You killed an innocent, and you know what the laws of Dreamland provide for that."

Parama dragged StrangerCoug into the dungeon—this was still Dreamland Castle, apparently. He threw him in and closed the gate. Whether Parama locked the gate or not wasn't clear to StrangerCoug. Parama also said nothing of how long StrangerCoug was supposed to be in this prison.

"Whose side are you on anyway, Parama?" StrangerCoug yelled.

"Maybe this is your servant reminding you that you are not above the law; maybe I'm an opportunistic invader. I'm not telling."

StrangerCoug wanted to kill his dream self and return to reality. He tried several things, but each time the suicide attempt was thwarted. He clumsily dropped a heavy sword on the ground and couldn't pick it back up. Running into the window was like running into a brick wall. He poured what he thought was gasoline on himself and tried to ignite himself with a candle. It was actually water.

"Sorry, Coug," Parama's voiced called. "No escaping punishment."

Only now did it occur to him to try the gate. Yep—it was locked. But by whom?

StrangerCoug had to watch the rest of the events fold behind the medieval version of bars. Would Dreamland Castle hold?

Players:
Experience:
You already know
Commitments:
Mini 1,041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia
Backup:
SpyreX, who has run the Pick Your Power series
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Signups”