Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Katsuki »

AHA

GUESS WHAT

WE HAS SCUM IN MOTHRAX.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Nexus »

semi v/la until Saturday.

Sorry.
Trans rights are human rights.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Checking in.

A whole lot to digest in the last couple of pages. Moth- I understand that you were mainly looking for reactions/thoughts of what people would think about a massclaim. But as others have said before me, it just doesn't make any sense at all to do it this early in the game. it's massively scummy. but i feel this point has been sort of beat into oblivion by now.

Along these lines, SA- Why is Moth town?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by mothrax »

Limited access untill I can type with my left hand again... apparently running knives through fingers is bad form.

I will be around and be reading, but my posting will be sporadic and mostly done on my phone since it only requires using one hand to type.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Votecount:
Katsuki (2): Nexus, mothrax
yellowbounder (1): andrew94
jmj3000 (1): Sleepless Assassin
mothrax (3): Alduskkel, Katsuki, mongoose
Sleepless Assassin (1): Mafuyu

Not Voting (10): yellowbounder, jmj3000, a2rudeboy

With 11 people, it's 6 votes to lynch.

note: yellowbounder has been prodded
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't really think Mothrax thought massclaim through, at all. Scum would just claim vanilla and sit back and watch any/all Town PRs expose themselves. Then, systematic NKing. Mothrax, did you even stop to think about it?

Some pretty obvious OMGUS, and I'll explain why:
mothrax wrote:and since I am going to get called out for OMGUS, this is in another post:
My top scumreads ATM are Mafuyu and Katsuki.
They both hopped on Sleepless when he was pushing a case on jmj, and while it was admitadly not a strong one, it was more than others were doing. As soon as they say that wasn't going anywhere, Kat jumped on me for a stupid reason, and was closely followed by Maf, who was wishy-washy enough to accuse me, call me scum, say we needed a wagon on me, but not vote me.
Unvote; Vote Katsuki
Mafuyu explained his reason for voting for SA, then Katsuki copied his reason (that would annoy me if it wasn't early on). So, explain why Mafuyu's reasoning was flawed.

Then we come to your accusation that their votes suck. You don't explain why Katsuki's vote is "stupid" and Mafuyu has definitely given a detailed explanation on why you are scummy and why mass claim would suck. Right now you are just blustering at Katsuki and Mafuyu without backing up anything you say, mothrax.

So I will keep my now not-random vote.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

mothrax wrote:relevant because [redacted] and the way kat and maf keep piling votes with a few others, a quicklynch is what is going to end up happening.
No one is more than halfway to a lynch yet. We're fine.
Maf wrote:@SA: It was a general question, therefore anyone that had any idea could have answered it. To the second, Mafuyu DID sum up that entire letter argument right underneath. To the third, because you were doing it for an odd amount of time and it was Mafuyu's belief that you still retained that intent. Lastly, Mafuyu's last C9++ had "X died as Doctor. There was 1 death. Y is not dead, and Mafuyu would have gone after Y. Therefore, Mafuyu is scum" as a method of attack (by the SK). It worked.
I've never played this setup.

Oh, so the letter thing pretty much meant that other thing that I responded to by saying "Why are you still acting like I am metaing Jmj's play?". I was never metaing his play specifically. I was showing that he would have good reason as scum to kill a player who is now dead. Jmj is responsible for the murder of the innocent furcolow.

To the SK thing, it worked how? It caught scum? What difference does it make if they SK caught scum or if town did? They were right either way. And town could use it the same way the SK did.
A2 Steak Sauce wrote:Along these lines, SA- Why is Moth town?
His posts read as genuine to me. On a related note, one of {Alduskkel, Katsuki, mongoose} is scum. Maybe two of them.
Ald wrote:I don't really think Mothrax thought massclaim through, at all. Scum would just claim vanilla and sit back and watch any/all Town PRs expose themselves. Then, systematic NKing. Mothrax, did you even stop to think about it?
This sounds like you are talking to someone who you think made a poor play as town rather than someone who you think is scum.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:10 am

Post by mothrax »

I'm not calling their votes stupid, I'm saying they are voting me fore stupidity, not scumminess. I did think it through, but I miss things sometimes which is why I wanted other oppinions on the matter.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm gonna have to extend my v/la until Monday Evening. Something's come up.
Trans rights are human rights.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by mongoose »

I'm actually starting to think Moth is town by the way he reacts. Just a bit. Leaving my vote for now though.
Go Hawkeyes!
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Sleepless Assassin wrote: Jmj is responsible for the murder of the innocent furcolow.
Do you still believe this, or was this an explanation of your initial vote? If you believe this, is there anything that has happened in game so far which makes you see Jmj as scum?
SA wrote:
On a related note, one of {Alduskkel, Katsuki, mongoose} is scum. Maybe two of them.
Should your vote then be on one of them?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Ald wrote:I don't really think Mothrax thought massclaim through, at all. Scum would just claim vanilla and sit back and watch any/all Town PRs expose themselves. Then, systematic NKing. Mothrax, did you even stop to think about it?
This sounds like you are talking to someone who you think made a poor play as town rather than someone who you think is scum.
Not really. I point out why Mothrax is wrong, and then I imply that any Town player would see this obvious flaw. Therefore, that means mothrax isn't town.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I have never heard of a town-motivated day1 mass-claim in a non-open setup. Just saying.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Where is everyone? No posting in 24+ hours...
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:32 am

mothrax wrote:I'm not calling their votes stupid, I'm saying they are voting me fore stupidity, not scumminess. I did think it through, but I miss things sometimes which is why I wanted other oppinions on the matter.
Can you lay out your thought process for us? What led you to believe massclaim might be a positive thing for us?
A2 Steak Sauce wrote:Do you still believe this, or was this an explanation of your initial vote? If you believe this, is there anything that has happened in game so far which makes you see Jmj as scum?
Yes, I still believe that. I also don't like his initial defense that he replaced out of the game when he admits he followed it, making the fact that he replaced out entirely null. And the "Nice try, but try harder" in his first post seems like an attempt to discredit me completely hoping I'll drop the issue and if I don't, then no one will listen anyway. Then he twists my case completely to make it out like I'm metaing his play in the other game and attempts to make the replacement defense relevant again (Protip: It's not.). Then he actually listens and says he would have kept furcolow alive because of furc's play in that game (Protip: Furc named the "confirmed town" scum team at one point). Then he's back to twisting my case into "he's scum because he knew the scum team in another game". His ISO 7 just speaks for itself. He's very defensive there.

Oh, and in 9 posts, what has he done to contribute to the game? Defend himself? Sure. Call out Mongoose active lurking? Ok. What else? Who has he voted? No one. Who does he think is scum. I dunno.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 am

Oh, Ald responded. Oops.
Alduskkel wrote:
Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Not really. I point out why Mothrax is wrong, and then I imply that any Town player would see this obvious flaw. Therefore, that means mothrax isn't town.
So getting a scum role affects a player's ability to spot flaws in setup discussion? Note taken.

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Ok SA, here goes. You start off accusing me of killing furc because of harry potter mafia. You say I did it because he named the scum team day 1. Once I replaced out I had no stake in that game. He got lucky in that game when he named the scum team. He also got unlucky when town believed reaper based on flavor alone. Even as confirmed town, he couldn't convince town. I didn't even know he had named the scum team since he did it day one when I wasn't around. Honestly, I think you killed furc just to set up this "case" on me. You also keep saying you aren't metaing my play. Referring to any past game of mine is using meta. As for my posts this game, I have had no choice but be on the defensive because you keep attacking me.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Mafuyu »

Mafuyu bets a nickel that this be silly scum banter.
Guh. The words.
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Mafuyu »

To be more specific: jmj has no reason to continue arguing AGAINST SA's attack, as it has been deemed more or less vague and/or weak by enough active players. The fact that he continues the argument suggests either: A. Tunneling between two players or B. Scum gambit.
Guh. The words.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:39 am

Post by mothrax »

mothrax wrote:This was my thought behind massclaim: When we know what roles are in the game we can work backwards to narrow down the possible letter combinations to less than 10 and have an idea of which are most likely. From there we could extrapolate which claims don't really fit or are statistically improbable, giving us a good chance at finding scum. Since the cons have been pointed out, I no longer support this. but hey, here is a thought... I ASKED BECAUSE I WANTED TO HEAR OTHERS THOUGHTS ON IT!!! not because I am scum and fishing, not because I am too lazy... A decent amount of setup speculation is healthy and in a setup I haven't played, I look at all angles.
I didn't even think about VT claims (yeah, stupid, I know)
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Mafuyu »

Well, considering that they comprise 50% of all rolls...
Guh. The words.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i believe that use of meta fails..
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
mongoose