Open 226: Big Love - Game over! Town wins!

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Five #4

• DavidParker (Miyu) 2 L-3
    mallowgeno (RedCoyote, DavidParker) 2 L-3
    Miyu (Muthaa, mallowgeno) 2 L-3
    Muthaa (ZeroFang) 1 L-4
    ZeroFang (Ythill) 1 L-4
Not voting: Mr.Sandman, Sanxion

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Activity Check!

We're currently full to capacity. Yay!

Prod Count:

smashbro_of_the_SSS - 2

chihuahua0, millar13, Muthaa, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Shattered Viewpoint, Switz, youngminii - 1

Deadline for Day 5 is Wednesday, 6th October at 8pm UK time.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Ythill »

*crickets*
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Ythill, I took them more as Wacka legitimasing Xite not being killed at night by mafia, which would happen if he was town. However, looking back, that is taking them out of context. The first one, he is voting millar and in the same post, he still seems to think that millar is the one that should be lynched. His attack on xite's plan completely misses the point of what xite was suggesting. This comes at the end of his case on Xite...
Wacka Alpaca wrote:I really do not like your play right now, with your huge amount of posts, many EBWOP (which shows nervousness).
My vote stays on you untill we can show someone else is scummier.
I think his case and attacks on xite were just to blend in and that there is a possibility that the things you've picked up on could also be from the perspective of scum protecting scum. I see the quote reference to millar as more giving away knowledge that he actually knew millar was town. Xite's plan is one of the things which make me see mallow in a more favourable light.

However, this post probably makes very little sense. I apologise, I'm shattered, I'll look over this in more detail tomorrow, just thought I'd give you my initial thoughts
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Miyu »

I don't meta people, outside of what knowledge I already have of them gained via previous games I've played with them. I should not have to meta someone at all to gain a perspective or read on their play - it is completely unnecessary and rather ridiculous.

Unless I am mistaken in #1158you siad DP is inexperienced, to which I asked rhetorically in #1160. I believe #1168 is where I first use the word 'newbie' in conjunction with DP. So, please point out where
I
labeled him as a newbie, because I don't recall doing so. Or putting him in a dilemma which you speak of.

Like I said. Town have absolutely no reason to bandwagon and to throw their vote around on a whim.
Lurking is a scumtell. Town have absolutely no reason to lurk. If town lurks, then they are exhibiting anti-town behavior; and thus are doing an extreme disservice to the town, and not playing to their win condition.

Unless I am mistaken in #1158you siad DP is inexperienced, to which I asked rhetorically in #1160. I believe #1168 is where I first use the word 'newbie' in conjunction with DP. So, please point out where
I
labeled him as a newbie, because I don't recall doing so.

mallow, please answer questions that were directed at you. #1138 is where I asked you something. If you responded to it, my bad - but I don't see it.

Mr. Sandman please respond to #1113. Unless I'm mistaken you don't clarify and outline evidence for this post. I even pointed out again in a further post and noted that I asked nicely. I could be mistaken, and #1140 is your response?
Hi.
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Miyu »

Ugh. Post structure fail. Ignore the repeat, as I moved it up in the post, as it made more sense there.
Hi.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hmmm, I'm not sure about ZF. I think there's a better case against mallow.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sand wrote:Ythill, I took them more as Wacka legitimasing Xite not being killed at night by mafia, which would happen if he was town. However, looking back, that is taking them out of context.
Exactly the thought process I had during my initial reread and then my iso of Wacka. And yet on all other fronts mallow's slot looks like scum. I am going to iso Xite/mallow tonight and maybe find some answers. I appreciate you going over this with me.

@Miyu:
My argument is that wagoning and lurking are not reliable scumtells because of the reasons I gave for town to do both and because town have done them
in this game
. Your argument is, "Nuh-uh." Good job. :roll:

The scum-or-n00b dilemma I was talking about:
In #1157, Miyu wrote:If by some miracle he is town, then he needs to learn how to play.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Miyu wrote:Ugh, wrong button.

Mallow, you think I am covering up Wacka's frustration? Uhm, how does that make sense? A) How is frustration bad? b) How is frustration therefore scummy? c) I am having issues wrapping my head around this fail concept of yours.

Red. I don't believe any lovers have outed themselves toDay.
Frustration is bad because it leads the town nowhere. Aka scummy. Sorry if you can't wrap you're head around superior thinking.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by Ythill »

Xite

If he's scum, this guy's play is more nuanced than his dead buddies. He attacked 9/17 players including Wacka, Sandman, Muutha, 4 town and both dead scum. Of them, he voted for Muutha, 2 town, and both dead scum. He buddied to or defended Wacka, 2 town, and Chi. There are a ton of reliable scumtells in his play. He buddied to Don shortly after calling him scum, attacked and buddied to Wacka in the same post, spent more energy arguing for his own townieness than looking for scum, and directed the cop to himself. His fakeclaim-plan didn't make much sense as a scumtrap, but it made perfect sense as lover-fishing. Furthermore, he is heavily connected to both dead scum, including a RV on SV, two very empty votes on Chi that seemed like distancing, and a distancing scum-lean on SV for no apparent reason, all from a guy who had no problem explaining his votes and attacks on town. He also tried to stall the Chi lynch while agreeing that Chi looked scummy, softening his read from "most scummy" to "gut read but more n00b than scum" in the process.

The following exchange seems extremely suspicious to me...
In #366, chi wrote:Now you are claiming love now, Xite? How is it all apart of a plan?

VOTE: Xite91

I see a OMGUS vote coming...
In #370, Xite wrote:Uhm, chihuahua why do you see an omgus coming exactly?
Chi never answered the question and Xite didn't bring it up again. From the perspective where both are scum, this looks an awful lot like Chi (who was acting obv-scummy on purpose) trying to rein in his crazy wildcard of a buddy by reminding him to bus. In his very next post, Chi moved his vote to someone else like none of this had ever happened.

Mallow

If he's scum, he's got a solid game and seems less concerned with his own survival than he is making sure that he doesn't leave connections to his buddies. He attacked 7/17 players including Miyu, Muutha, David, RC, 4 town, and SV. He voted all of them except one of the dead town. He defended or buddied to 9/17 players including Sand, smash, Sanx, ZF, Wacka/Miyu, David, and 3 town. The biggest alignment tell against mallow was the way he replaced in: he claimed that he was going to reread, then posted fourteen hours later without commenting on anything but his predecessor's play, then spent an hour and a half putting together a case against Robo.
Very
scummy. His late-day vote on doomed SV reeked of bussing (he sheeped the whole wagon). His suggestion of an early massclaim was bad, as were his stance changes on David and Miyu. When Zero pointed out his bad stance on Miyu, his response was the pure blather of a liar who got too smart for his own britches.

I still don't understand the disconnect between Miyu and mallow (the one Sand and I were talking about) especially because, individually, each of these slots is obv-scum. However, mallow has come out extremely scummy in every aspect of my analysis so far and I am now convinced that if only one of them is mafia, it's mallow. The only other town point I see for the slot is that theory about Xite's plan being too balsy for scum to try, but that's WIFOM and, as we can see from SV's
I hate everyone
post, players on this site have started to learn that lots of people think scum will not draw attention to themselves.

I intend to iso Miyu and ZF before the day ends but mallow
really
needs to be lynched so...

UNVOTE: ZF
VOTE: mallowgeno
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:55 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Five #5

• DavidParker (Miyu) 2 L-3
    mallowgeno (RedCoyote, DavidParker, Ythill) 3 L-2
    Miyu (Muthaa, mallowgeno) 2 L-3
    Muthaa (ZeroFang) 1 L-4
Not voting: Mr.Sandman, Sanxion

V/LA:

Activity Check!

Muthaa and Sanxion have been prodded.

Prod Count:

Muthaa, smashbro_of_the_SSS - 2

chihuahua0, millar13, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Sanxion, Shattered Viewpoint, Switz, youngminii - 1

Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

where is sanxion...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Miyu, 1134 and 1140. I don't know what else exactly you want me to say...

Ythill, the fact that Wacka continued to persevere with his case on Xite even when Xite is no longer the 'popular' wagon supports to some extent your theory that the two possibly aren't connected. If that is the case however, I still favour Wacka as scum over Xite.

Also, just pointing out so that whatever happens we don't end up with a no lynch, we have less than a week now till the deadline
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

If Muthaa and/or Sanxion require replacement, I may extend the deadline in order that the replacement(s) can contribute to the game. But less of the slacking would be good for the game, so urgency is good.
Show
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Do you plan on voting with 5 days til deadline sandman?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sandman, why does it seem to me like you're always so opposed to a mallow lynch?
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Miyu »

Sandman. Uhm yeha, unless my reading skills have completely plummeted. I see mentions of Wacka.. but none in regards to myself.

"oh.my.god.(that i dont believe in)' mallow. How on any planet is that 'superior thinking'? That entire "theory" makes absolutely no sense.
Hi.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Mr.Sandman »

RedCoyote, because I'm still not convinced on mallow, whereas I am on Miyu, therefore I want to lynch Miyu.

Miyu, that's because Wacka did enough to convince me of your scumminess. You haven't done anything overly scummy, but that doesn't detract from the actions of who you replaced

vote Miyu
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by Ythill »

Miyu

Miyu is an excellent player. She works hard, is good at manipulating people, and is carefully null. Miyu attacked 6/12 players, including Sand, Sanx, Muutha, David, and 2 town; but she has only voted David and 1 town. She buddied/defended mallow, and 2 town. There are some minor point against her. Her eye-bleed replacement was populist, and some bits seemed to indicate creative writing. Miyu did an iso of her predecessor despite the belief that it is pointless and she distanced from dead scum while doing so. And attacked the hammer of a wagon she was on.
Miyu wrote:Like I said in one of my posts when I replaced in this game. I had just played in a game with Xite, and she (I believe Xite = a she;) exhibited similar behavior. Which I found out that this game and that game seem to of been running at the same time; as she bowed out of this one for the same reason as that one.
I found this during the iso and it struck me as odd. Miyu was arguing that because a player replaced out of two games simultaneously for the same reason, that the slot is town in this game. That doesn't make any sense at all. The circumstances of replacement have nothing to do with mallow's alignment.

My main problem with Miyu's play is her mixed attack and defense, which seems like posturing. She makes long posts while lurker hunting and keeps her vote parked while decrying wagoning. What she calls scumtells are really just not-Miyu tells so what she's really arguing is Miyu=/=scum. Now, it
may
be true that Miyu believes these are the be-all-end-all of scumhunting, but I'm sure she's played with plenty of people who lurk and bandwagon as town, especially the latter, and she's ignoring my point about town lurking in this game despite the fact that she mentioned it before I did. Note that Robo was hardly lurking and his flagrant wagoning was only on D1. David hasn't been lurking either, though a glance at his bandwagoning just made me go hmmmmm...

UNVOTE: mallow
VOTE: David Parker

Hey David, will you please tell me why you were in the last half of every lynch wagon except SV's? And why you were throwing your vote away the rest of the time? Do you believe that being suspected by others is a scumtell?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Five #6

• DavidParker (Miyu, Ythill) 2 L-3
    mallowgeno (RedCoyote, DavidParker) 2 L-3
    Miyu (Muthaa, mallowgeno, Miyu) 3 L-2
    Muthaa (ZeroFang) 1 L-4
Not voting: Sanxion

V/LA:

Activity Check!

Muthaa and Sanxion did not respond to their prods. Replacements are being sought. Sigh.

Prod Count:

Muthaa, smashbro_of_the_SSS - 2

chihuahua0, millar13, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Sanxion, Shattered Viewpoint, Switz, youngminii - 1

Show
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Note: The deadline is almost certainly going to be extended at this rate, but how much of an extension I'll give you depends on how quickly I can find replacements.
Show
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 am

Post by DavidParker »

@Ythill, because I don't possess a huge desire to scum hunt this game as it hasn't captivated me, and the persons in this game have bored me or frustrated/irritated me so I have resorted to bandwagoning people who make bandwagons that I agree with.

Being suspected by others is a scumtell!?!? lolwot? The act of being suspected isn't a scum tell... It's what you did to be suspected.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Ythill »

Yeah... dropping David off my town list as of this post.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Miyu »

Sandman. What are your opinions on RedCoyote, Mallow, and Switz? You specifically said that I was scummy since the Wacka days, which I believe implies that I have done scummy things. Please point those out. It really is not a difficult task. If you are going to think someone is a particular alignment and say it vocally; then you really should back it up with some sort of reasoning and evidence. Especially when asked nicely.

Ythill. I was in no way arguing that Xite was town because of how she replaced out. I specifically said that she exhibited similar behavior in the other game, as she had done in this one. So please point out where I claimed such an argument.

Nor did I say that any of those were 'THE' scumtells. Lurking and bandwagoning are not town actions; and should not be encouraged. Regardless of whether or not they have been done by confirmed town previously, does not matter. Because that is just excusing the behavior away. Town has no reason to lurk. The end. Town has no reason to bandwagon. The End.
Hi.
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Miyu »

Also, just a bit of note for my own meta. I don't bandwagon, and I don't vote willy nilly. I typically tend to hold on to my vote, always; while I hunt and look at people. However there are few instances when I just go and vote obvious scum. I've done that since the dawn of my existence in this type of game. So, trying to put a negative vibe on my 'vote parking' is rather funny to me. xD
Hi.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Ythill »

Miyu wrote:Bandwagoning is a scumtell. Town has absolutely no reason to be throwing their vote around all over the place and .. bandwagoning. Inactivity is not a scumtell, however extremely annoying. Lurking is one.
There you specifically called them scumtells. Now you are saying that you think they are just anti-town, and that you are aware that town have done them in this game? You can't have your cake and eat it too. I'm not wholly convinced you're scum, and I don't intend on hanging you today, but this style of argument is not going to help your cause.

And I already pointed out where you used the circumstances of replacement to argue that Xite is town. The comment I quoted was in direct response to me posting, "Nothing about Xite was obv-town." You are as familliar with the evidence as I am, so please don't insult my intelligence. What does similar behavior have to do with Xite's alignment?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Open Games”