NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Bunnylover wrote:I don't like the fact that everyone here died except for me:
Hiphop [3] (Dana, Lowell, Bunnylover)
What are you insinuating here? You do know hiphop died and is town, right?

The vig/sk is killing off lurkers, nitwits.
- nhammen
- benmage
- kise/ua
- baby spice/lowell

In the case of baby spice, I'm willing to bet he went with dana's first day 4 post. But other than that, he's killing off lurkers, which is not a thing an sk would do.
Eek
!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Xite91 »

evilpacman18 wrote:Playing to his wincon would require he go for the scummiest people as opposed to following his "feelings" which cloud logical judgement. Frankly, nhammen wasn't scummy at all. Benmage was. And on N3 Kise and UA were both pretty pro-town. This clearly is an SK we're dealing with, the fact that you're arguing it makes me even more convinced you are him.

I apologize for being short in my posts, I'm using an on-screen keyboard.
Eh, whatever, believe what you want.
Just like I believe you're scum.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Xite91 wrote:
evilpacman18 wrote:Playing to his wincon would require he go for the scummiest people as opposed to following his "feelings" which cloud logical judgement. Frankly, nhammen wasn't scummy at all. Benmage was. And on N3 Kise and UA were both pretty pro-town. This clearly is an SK we're dealing with, the fact that you're arguing it makes me even more convinced you are him.

I apologize for being short in my posts, I'm using an on-screen keyboard.
Eh, whatever, believe what you want.
Just like I believe you're scum.
Still interested in seeing why. Hurry up with that post?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Speaking of which! Shanba, I look forward to your promised case.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Lowell »

Nightkilled?

That's a new one. Go town.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by flinter »

VOTE: Xite

His argument that a fakeclaimed cop
would
on a certain moment claim a guilty on his partner was terrible but did allow him to slow down the Dana lynch by one day. His recent read that Evilpacman is scum makes no sense. Xite has to go.
please, don't kill me.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Wraith »

My Milked Eek wrote:

- nhammen
- benmage
- kise/ua
- baby spice/lowell

In the case of baby spice, I'm willing to bet he went with dana's first day 4 post. But other than that, he's killing off lurkers, which is not a thing an sk would do.
This is a good guess, but it is actually advantageous for SK to kill lurkers, because they provide little to no reads back on him. If an SK, for example, killed people who accused him, that would be bad play. Lurkers are a safe kill. So it can still go either way. I need to check the player list. If we had a vigilante today or tomorrow might be a good time to claim, so we aren't blindly looking for a nonexistent SK, based on how many scum might be left.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, with 12 players alive now would NOT be a good time to claim if there is a vig. I still think there's one more scum out there, and leaning more toward there being an SK than a vig. Xite is currently my top suspect. His defense of dana Day 3 does not look good at all.

Vote: Xite
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Wraith wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:

- nhammen
- benmage
- kise/ua
- baby spice/lowell

This is a good guess, but it is actually advantageous for SK to kill lurkers, because they provide little to no reads back on him. If an SK, for example, killed people who accused him, that would be bad play. Lurkers are a safe kill. So it can still go either way. I need to check the player list. If we had a vigilante today or tomorrow might be a good time to claim, so we aren't blindly looking for a nonexistent SK, based on how many scum might be left.
Not a good idea to claim. We have no doctor, therefore the vig/sk would die this night if they were to come out.
MME, I am expecting a quick lynch on myself from viewing that alone to happen.

Preview Edit: What was Xite defense on Dana?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Xite91 »

Wraith wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:

- nhammen
- benmage
- kise/ua
- baby spice/lowell

Please tell me you're serious about this.
Or we could just NOT speculate on that right now, that would be good, yes.
Also, Flinter, pacman, it has to do with the voting. I'll explain later, but you guys will have to wait till I'm back from V/LA
Anyways, I'll see you guys in a couple days!
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Wraith »

Also, I think Bunnylover could be a good candidate for being SK.

Predit: @Xite: I changed my opinion after I reviewed the playerlist as I aid I would.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Wraith »

@Bunnylover: Xite's defense of dana revolved around gallons of WIFOM, basically stating that the scumteam had spent the entire game since dana's cop claim keeping him alive and unblocked for the sole reason of making him look like scum and getting mislynched. It was a bad defense then, and in hindsight since dana's flip it looks incredibly like scum trying to save a buddy.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Wraith »

Also, before the end of this game I believe the following people should be lynched:

Xite (for the terribly scummy defense of dana)
Bunnylover (for all-around scummy play all game)
hiphop (to make sure dana's fae "guilty" result wasn't a last-ditch attempt to convince us a buddy was town)

Some people, notably Gorrad, will probably want to add me to that list. If we get close to LyLo, maybe (to avoid a distraction), but not today and not tomorrow.
Show

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Gorrad »

There is no chance whatsoever that Hiphop will be lynched this game.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Gorrad wrote:There is no chance whatsoever that Hiphop will be lynched this game.
Because Hip-Hop was replaced and is already dead?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 5.1

Bunnylover [3] (Antihero, Pacman, DemonHybrid)

Xite [2] (Flinter, Wraith)

Not Voting [7] (Shanba, Xite, Gorrad, Eek, Bunnylover, Prozac, Singersigner)

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch, and 6 to no lynch.

Deadline:
October 14th, 10P MST.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Gorrad »

Bunnylover wrote:
Gorrad wrote:There is no chance whatsoever that Hiphop will be lynched this game.
Because Hip-Hop was replaced and is already dead?
Exactly.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh wow, I totally missed that. Well, that saves us the trouble, and he was a smart kill if the killer was in fact a vig. So:

Xite
Bunnylover

I'm fine with either one.
Show

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:47 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

We should look at our priorities today. Is it more important to kill the SK who's been helpful AND hurtful to town or is it more important to get rid of mafia? Their base is probably already dwindling with three gone. I'd rather continue the scumhunt today but we should aim for the SK pretty soon because if we miss with Xite then we still have to find him. What's the wincon for an SK? Does he win when all mafia are dead and he's alive or does the game continue till he's in the last 2?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Gorrad »

If he won when the mafia was dead, he wouldn't be a SK. He'd be a vig.

It's more important to kill the SK off. Assume with me that there's two more mafia left (1/4 the town is standard). If we kill One mafia today, we'll be down to 9 tomorrow. If we kill the SK, we'll be at 10. If we kill the mafia and mislynch tomorrow, then we're at 6 in two days, if we kill the SK and mislynch we're at 8. Either way works (there's always a chance of crosskills), but I'd rather choose the one that gives town more time.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Shanba »

Aight, here we go.

The crux of my case is something like: "I think nearly every popular case we've had this game has been crap, and Gorrad has pushed all those popular cases. Gorradtown should be able to distinguish those crap cases from the good cases" but I suppose you're going to want more detail than that.

Firstly, there was the Frank lynch. Frankly (pardon the pun), I never really understood that wagon. There was a lot of bluster and badlogic from Frank, but despite asking I never got anyone to explain to me why. Gorrad is no exception. Check his catch up post if anything, reading through it, you'd expect him to be on Dana or Wraith (I think his points on Wraith are bad, but I'll get to that in a bit. The important point here is that He beings up more points against Wraith and reacts more strongly to the points he's brought up than against). To me, it looks like there was a kind of whispering campaign against Frank that made him an easy target; lots of vague accusations and a player who's not looking like he's strong enough to counter them, and then your late jump on the easiest wagon in the game... eh.

Day 2, though, I really didn't like. Again I didn't understand why you were going after Wraith, and what's more a lot of his posts had a genuineness and a townfeel to it. I've given a few concrete examples in earlier posts but I can go find them again if you like. Given I was pretty convinced he was town, I wanted to understand the case - but I never felt you made one. You piggybacked on a load of other people's suspicions and tried to drive the wagon without giving a reason why (beyond X POST IS SUPA SCUMMY". And teve the stuff in your catchup post - well, most of that "DIRECTING THA COP" kinda crap is a nulltell.

Seriously. No scum pulls that kind of gambit. I have never, not once seen scum pretending to be newbies to propose something that they shouldn't. It's like when a newbie says we should no lynch. It's just not scummy.

Given that I don't have you down as an "anti-town always = scummy" type, I don't see how you can honestly believe in your case on Wraith. And Robb, again, follows the same pattern. A weak player, an easy lynch, no thought, no actual scumhunting going on.

All this builds into a pattern of behaviour. It looks to me like you're looking for the easy lynch instead of scumhunting - you've made 3 posts containing anything I would classify as any sort of scumhunting (your initial and two posts where you address the wagons.) And I still haven't forgotten that dismissal of my prozac case - that was so strange to me. You think a connection to dead scum and a pattern of lurking is less strong than a bunch of newbish actions and "detracting from the town"? We're not playing hunt the bad players, we're playing mafia. We're scumhunting. I hated hated hated that you tried to discredit me by saying I was tunneling. Seriously. I have been looking at many players and drawing conclusions on all of them - I have a multitiude of townreads. But you? You just have your wraithread and you're happy with that.

It's particularly egregious when the cop died. My first intinct was "ok dana's scum", and my second one was "did the cop breadcrumb any results? Better go check." So I did. I don't expect everyone to do that, but I do expect experienced players to. Similarly, when the scum died, it seems like you haven't looked at all. There's so much potential information in this game, and you're just faffing about pushing the same damn case again and again on different players. You haven't looked at dead scum to try and discern info from them. You haven't questioned anyone at any given time except your top suspect. There seems to be no attempt to get a read on anyone. Look at Reckoner's interaction with me early game, where he questions me and then backs off. What's happened to that kind of stuff? Nothing in your posts indicates anything more to me than scum who just wants to coast to victory.

Prozac is a horrible lurker (almost as bad as benmage was) who has, recently, spent more time defending himself than engaging in the game. But you're scummier.

Vote: Gorrad
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

That was... logical OMGUS... >_<
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:23 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

evilpacman18 wrote:That was... logical OMGUS... >_<
How can OMGUS be logical?

If it's logical and has a point, then it isn't OMGUS, is it?

Boiler plate use #1, and suspicion rising.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15167

Here you go, just in case you needed a logical shovel slapped across your random term-using face.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

I wasn't even serious. I scrolled down to the bottom of the post and saw "Vote: Gorrad" and lol'd.

After reading it, it was a good case though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”