Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Sorry guys, I'm here. Busy with schoolwork.
Will read and stuff tonight
FLASH OF GREEN
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
Doubtful wrote:What do you think of Ellibereth accusing you without any real reasons other than one post he might have felt as "off" in terms of judging players?
Ellibereth reminds me of another player; Netopalis. They're both ICs who seem to like the idea of being trend-setting team leaders. The problem is that they are just as likely to be scum as any other player and so whenever they descend from on high to make official declarations you've got to take it with a grain of salt. Being lynched doesn't particularly concern me.

All that being said, Ellibereth doesn't strike me as scummy atm. Annoying and condescending? Yes. But not scummy.
Well, with it being a newbie game I'd assume Elibereth wants to make the bad guys/guyettes ? nervous thinking he/she is some kind of all knowing super-power about to hunt them down with hidden psycho-something powers and therefore panic them into a mistake :cop:

Then again he/she probably has to play the same every game now to be consistent with previously (really should do my research does he/she usually play like this) so that probably doesn't tell us much about him/her- just as likely to be a bad guy as anyone else in my eyes (apart from parky obviously seeing as that's where my vote is) I suppose.

I was thinking about this on my way to work today on the train and had a theory on who the bad guys might be but can't for the life of me remember what it was - to be fair I'm english, been out on the beers all night and its 1:37 in the morning so its probably not surprising.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

mikemike778 wrote:Whats everyone waffling on about - who's not answering which questions and more to the point why does halycon not want to know whether I've been touching any bits? - knowledge is power over here surely ...

Its all very confusing I'm off to have an ice cream
no-one answered my questions :(
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

holycon wrote:
Doubtful wrote:1. There's more than one person not "lurking".
2. So what is your reason for keeping the vote on ACM? Suspicions of any kind?
3. So you can't get a read because of not enough posting. Might not have the right quotes, but at least you can form a basic first-impression of the players...

my reasoning i dont have one i just dont feel like unvoteing when i feel that my vote needs to be somewhere else i'll move it

1.you tottaly missed what i said i said most of you are happy with lurking and letting those of us that have played together duke it out
To be fair you lot do seem to be spending a lot of time reminiscing on old games, kinda makes us all feel a bit left out to be honest. No way to treat a newbie - then again you are probably parky's scum buddy so its not surprising if you aren't that helpful I suppose.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

MAD Scientist wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:
MAD Scientist wrote:L'orange seems to be acting the same as last game. Mostly commenting on other people's arguments without making any of his own.
Please cite an argument that you've made.
Well, I'm suspicious of you for a couple reasons:

1) Your posts, while frequent, don't seem to contain much "content"
2) Holycon's right, you are acting defensive. I find that scummish
3) Your caustic playstyle is not very helpful for the town. And scum don't want to help town at all

I don't want to vote for you yet, because I think that would put you at L-1 (too lazy to check right now) and that's too dangerous with the lurkers around, but right now I'm essentially voting for you. (I guess that's FOS?)
I'm not convinced I've heard the word caustic before ... time to get me old mate google out

1. capable of burning, corroding, or destroying living tissue.
2. severely critical or sarcastic: a caustic remark.

I assume its number two then. Yeah Mister Melon why are you being so caustic ? Still have Parky down as number 1 suspect though. For now.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Not many general thoughts right now.

Still waiting for Ellibereth and Parknourie to respond to my past inquiries, which have become present inquiries.

Holycon probably didn't answer the question, cause like me she just thought it was a strange/awkward personal interjection.
Also, I would have gone with "parts". "Bits" has a sort of Ted Bundy connotation in American Culture.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

EBWOP: The last part was in response to MikeMike's Post 152 and the post it references.

And yes, Ellibereth does seem to adopt a type of mysterious dark-faceless-mafia-air early in the game.

I like his keeping his vote on Parknourie. Though I feel a replacement coming on there.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm voting clock. >.>
I don't remember whatever question but catching up nao.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Civil Scum wrote:'Cause he just threw that out there without bothering to take the ten seconds neccesary to ascertain Doubtful's experience level?
+1
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Elli, are you hinting at the same thing I picked up on last game?
I need something more blunt. my subtleness meter is broken. >.>

Also what's that question I didn't anwser last game you kept going on about.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Doubt, I think that ant's way of thinking there is VERY wrong.
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Doubtful wrote:What do you think of Ellibereth accusing you without any real reasons other than one post he might have felt as "off" in terms of judging players?
Ellibereth reminds me of another player; Netopalis. They're both ICs who seem to like the idea of being trend-setting team leaders. The problem is that they are just as likely to be scum as any other player and so whenever they descend from on high to make official declarations you've got to take it with a grain of salt. Being lynched doesn't particularly concern me.

All that being said, Ellibereth doesn't strike me as scummy atm. Annoying and condescending? Yes. But not scummy.
I actually don't. >.>
And Town-leading or not is usually dependent on mood...not IC or not whatever.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

HEY MAD WHY NO MASSIVE WHOLE PLAYER LIST THING LIKE LAST GAME?
FLASH OF GREEN
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by holycon »

Mike Mike why exactly am I Parks scum buddy?

Civil hit it on the nose as well it was to personal and akward to answer.

And I get what you mean about being left out so I encourage you to poke your head in more and give us a hand with staying on track
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

I'm a girl so please don't call me a him he or dude =)
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Civil Scum wrote: I like his keeping his vote on Parknourie. Though I feel a replacement coming on there.
Ellibereth wrote: I'm voting clock. >.>
I was back to talking about MikeMike at the end of the post there. Kinda confusing.

Voting Parknourie
Fos'ing MAD
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

holycon wrote:Mike Mike why exactly am I Parks scum buddy?

Civil hit it on the nose as well it was to personal and akward to answer.

And I get what you mean about being left out so I encourage you to poke your head in more and give us a hand with staying on track
Yeah I know I was just being silly - it was 1 in the morning with a few drinks inside me.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Ellibereth wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:'Cause he just threw that out there without bothering to take the ten seconds neccesary to ascertain Doubtful's experience level?
+1
I speculated on his noobishness only to learn that he wasn't a noob. Did I think that you guys wouldn't check? Was I hoping to pass him off as a noob beneath your unsuspecting noses? Or was I just being lazy? The world may never know.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Civil Scum wrote:I like his keeping his vote on Parknourie. Though I feel a replacement coming on there.
Is your vote on Park because you want it to be there or as a placeholder for bigger and better things?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Civil Scum »

I asked him a couple questions beginning on page 2 which he has yet to answer.
ACM wrote: Did I think that you guys wouldn't check? Was I hoping to pass him off as a noob beneath your unsuspecting noses? Or was I just being lazy? The world may never know.
You don't catch scums with laziness...

If that's true, that it was just laziness, then what's with the two questions/motives listed before? Surely the attack on you IS because of the laziness or 'disinterest in catching scum', not that you had clearing Doubtful as a goal.

You obviously meant to say the 3rd possibility is true, but this can be doubted, surely.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 am

AClockworkMelon wrote:Is Doubt a noob? If so his not caring about being at L-2 indicates either a.) towniness or b.) he's not paying attention to the game. If he's not a noob then it doesn't indicate anything.
Being a narcissist, I think that I'm pretty intelligent. Trying to pass him off as a noob and hoping that you wouldn't check wouldn't be very intelligent. My question regarding his experience was genuine. I asked if he was a noob with the expectation that one of you to answer me. Which you did.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 am

Civil Scum wrote:You don't catch scums with laziness...
A single act of laziness doesn't indicate a trend. I've read the thread from start to finish repeatedly. I say something when there's something to say. If you don't think that I'm helping the town because I'm not finding clues, that's because I can't see them, not because I'm lazy and not looking.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Yes, but what sticks out is the "amount" of apparent laziness in that single act. That your entire post would have been reworked and changed if you had checked his games right then, or that your post speculating about what it could mean required more effort to type than finding out for sure what you were speculating around.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:05 am

You're implying that for every action that I take I consider which action will take the most effort. I've torn apart my couch, looked under the coffee table, rifled under a pile of books, etc, to find the remote rather than simply walking across the living room to turn up the volume "the long way".

What if he'd been a noob? "If he's not a noob then it doesn't indicate anything." That would have been a wasted sentence! Wasted effort! Would you be sitting here asking why I'd wasted effort speculating about his not being a noob when I could have checked and confirmed that he was?

What do you think I was doing, exactly? Are you implying that Park and I are the scumpair and I was attempting to protect him? Yeah, I know, WIFOM, but that's not my MO. What a silly way to do it, too. "I know! I'll ask them if he's a noob so as to plant the seed in their minds that that's exactly what he is! Hopefully they won't answer my non-rhetorical question and foil my plan."

I'm amused by all of this. It's a red herring. Not that I blame anyone- in a game with only half a roster it becomes necessary to grasp at straws.

Frankly, I think I know what Ellibereth is doing. He claims that he's got reasons to vote for me but that he's not going to reveal anything. Now he can wait for players to speculate on those reasons and go "Bingo!" "+1!" "Yup!" Suddenly he's got a case that he didn't have to make himself.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:16 am

parknourie wrote:@ Clock - who said I don't intend to play? I'm catching up now. Your vicious criticism over people who aren't participating ten times every single hour like you is just a stupid blubbering to my eyes.
Why did you sign up for this game? Why did you post "I'm still here!" on the 1st? By the time you get around to posting again you'll be 8 pages behind everyone else and you won't feel like catching up. All you're doing is delaying replacement. Why?
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

@Holycon - The mod posts in the thread and tells you that you must immediately select two players to be modkilled. Who do you select and why?
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:25 am

Post by holycon »

@Clock: Thats a weird question?. Why would you ask something like that?

though if i had to chose probably park and mad nether have been playing much
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

I'm a girl so please don't call me a him he or dude =)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”