He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Parama and charter
DO
seem a bit like-minded, but that's not unsettling right now. It's perfectly fine to mostly agree with other players—we have to come to some sort of consensus to get anywhere.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by cruelty »

yeah it has. i got infuriated with this game after a couple ridiculous games, am now making a tentative (yet undoubtedly glorious) return.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by cruelty »

anyway, onto the game.
kage wrote:I'm just content letting this play out for the moment as well. My main goal at this point is just to find out whether certain people are just being stupid or are scum. This game is so hard to play with VIs.
a) how are you going to find the answers you seek without asking questions?
b) are you scumhunting, or playing pin the tail on the VI(s)?

@parama, if we entertain the assumption that vibe is town, does that change how you feel about DP? specifically, do you think your case stands if DP isn't bussing/defending (weirdly, he seems to have done both) vibe?

for the record i tend to agree that there's a good chance DP is scum, although i'll also note [somewhat hilariously hypocritically] that there are a few players who've contributed basically nothing, so i'm going to hold fire on voting him until we're playing with a full deck of cards. for now, i'll;

vote: kage
. semi-active lurking. am aware this is still ludicrously early on in the game, but i'm not prepared to let a precedent be set.
the nexus of the crisis
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Post by DavidParker »

And "cautious" scum arrives and votes for a lurker uselessly.

Cruelty/Vibebox/Parama scum team.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:28 am

Post by cruelty »

awesome
DP wrote:Oh, so charter is scum too.
DP wrote:And "cautious" scum arrives and votes for a lurker uselessly.

Cruelty/Vibebox/Parama scum team.

ok

two things.

1: i don't think a lurker vote at this point of the game is useless at all. if we assume kage is town, hopefully he gets the message and doesn't lurk the game away, thereby avoiding him drawing needless suspicion. if he's scum, well, i'm voting scum. he'll obviously feel the pressure (much like you seem to be doing), flip out, and we'll lynch him, it'll be fun.

2: the two quotes above are from consecutive posts. your immediate leap from charter to me (it's noted that charter is voting you, and i merely voiced a vague but ultimately unsubstantiated suspicion of you) implies that you feel my (single relevant) post is scummier than charter's (several) post(s). this bothers me, it's not just a clear pattern of omgus being established, but also an implication that you immediately and without reservation disliked something i said. given that your venom is reserved solely for my vote, you've got me wondering if i inadvertently struck gold with kage.

i wanna hear from kage.
the nexus of the crisis
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:25 am

Post by DavidParker »

oh i thought it was charter not you that was scum with parama/vibebox, but that changed quickly with your entrance.
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Moospiker »

Vote Count 4:

DavidParker (5) - Wingless, ZazieR, Parama, charter, StrangerCoug
ZazieR (1) - Seol
VibeBox (1) - DavidParker
Charter (1) - CommieX
Wingless (1) - KageLord
KageLord (1) - cruelty

Not Voting (1) - VibeBox, Kitoari

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Moospiker on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Parama »

StrangerCoug wrote:Parama and charter
DO
seem a bit like-minded, but that's not unsettling right now. It's perfectly fine to mostly agree with other players—we have to come to some sort of consensus to get anywhere.
I'd link you to another game where this exact same thing happened but it's ongoing. Like I said, me and charter's playstyles mix really well.

DP looks like he's trying to get a wagon started on anyone but himself now.

P-EDIT: 2 more votes to lynch scum!
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Kitoari »

Yeah DP is kinda flailing at this point. He's basically calling anyone who talks scum.

VOTE: DavidParker let's give this a shot!
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:28 am

Post by ZazieR »

David wrote:I was merely making a silly accusation stated as fact when I accused Parama of busing Vibe. That was my RVS vote stated as a fact. I could have voted for either one of the two. Either way, it wasn't a vote I seriously believed in
David wrote:Parama and Vibe are both scum, doesn't matter to me who we lynch!
Seriously? You first call both scum. Then when questioned for reasons, you state that you didn't seriously believe in the vote. And now they are scum again, which funnily came after I accused you of backtracking. Which is it?
-If they are scum, why?
-If this is all a big joke, then why vote Vibe, while promising content and state that both are scum after promosing content?

As for the second quote, didn't you state earlier that you voted Parama over Vibe, because Parama was more likely to flip scum? So why the change in thought?

In response to Kitoari's latest post, I present this:
Kitoari wrote:Deciding on whether to put another vote on zazie. It seems an awful lot like a quicklynch but I've never seen a long D1 be very productive
Also, I like how much he points out that needs to be looked into, but doesn't do so.
With Kitoari's latest post, he's so obv David's partner.
Ignore the ''R''
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Kitoari »

Things don't need to be looked into immediately, you know. Charter + Parama should be ignored for the moment in favor of lynching DP for instance.
Also with that post I was slightly confused and somehow managed to get you and DP mixed up, per this:
Kitoari wrote:That's what I get when I try to mafia late at night after a very long day.

Sadly this is the only time I have to mafia on the weekdays. I'm usually much more productive on the weekends.
It was in response to something else, but still. Honest mistake on my part.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Kitoari »

EBWOP: You and Vibebox mised up*. It keeps happening :/.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:44 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kitoari wrote:I'm willing to lynch DP today but the possibility of Parama+Chart needs to be examined closely regardless.
Sure :roll:

As for mixing me and Vibe up, look back at the post from which that quote came. You don't even mention Vibe in it.
Ignore the ''R''
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Parama »

ZazieR wrote: With Kitoari's latest post, he's so obv David's partner.
Agreed x 100

David, can you please claim mafia so we can lynch you?
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:55 am

Post by charter »

I don't care what he is. The last few games I've been town in, town has been BURNED by obvscum fakeclaiming when run up day one. I never unvote and continue pushing for their lynch as though they claimed goon, but a lot of my town friends buy their lies.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Kitoari »

ZazieR wrote:
Kitoari wrote:I'm willing to lynch DP today but the possibility of Parama+Chart needs to be examined closely regardless.

As for mixing me and Vibe up, look back at the post from which that quote came. You don't even mention Vibe in it.
Yeah, that would kinda be the point of mixing you guys up. I didn't mention him because I had associated his actions with you.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:16 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

DavidParker wrote:And "cautious" scum arrives and votes for a lurker uselessly.
If cautiousness is a tell, why didn't you attack me for unvoting ZazieR after it was pointed out he was being sarcastic and then waiting to vote again?

You also say that like voting lurkers is a bad idea per se. I don't swear by LALurkers, but there
ARE
times where it's good.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 am

Post by KageLord »

cruelty wrote:anyway, onto the game.
kage wrote:I'm just content letting this play out for the moment as well. My main goal at this point is just to find out whether certain people are just being stupid or are scum. This game is so hard to play with VIs.
a) how are you going to find the answers you seek without asking questions?
b) are you scumhunting, or playing pin the tail on the VI(s)?

@parama, if we entertain the assumption that vibe is town, does that change how you feel about DP? specifically, do you think your case stands if DP isn't bussing/defending (weirdly, he seems to have done both) vibe?

for the record i tend to agree that there's a good chance DP is scum, although i'll also note [somewhat hilariously hypocritically] that there are a few players who've contributed basically nothing, so i'm going to hold fire on voting him until we're playing with a full deck of cards. for now, i'll;

vote: kage
. semi-active lurking. am aware this is still ludicrously early on in the game, but i'm not prepared to let a precedent be set.
a) The way it seems I'm finding my answers this game is by having other people ask the questions (or letting people slip themselves). At this point in most games, I have no real reads since early game is usually RVS and one vote getting taken way out of proportion or something (that vote is usually mine >>). Here, we have people practically swearing by their scumreads. If people don't make connections with each other, a flip will only tell us about one person. As it's going now, the flip of DP, vibe, Parama, or charter would conceivably incriminate others. In this game I already have several reads (but as stated before, it's a fine line between scummy and VI/anti-town play).

b) Obviously scumhunting is goal #1. However, since the vast majority of D1 lynches are mislynches, it doesn't hurt to remove anti-town players early. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played this game 4-5 times knows how terrible it is when VIs make it to endgame and you have to decide whether their scummy play throughout the game was actually scummy or just town that did everything wrong. So, obviously I'm going to vote for who I think is scum. But, if it ends up just being an anti-town player, I won't be crying about it.

Now, that being said, my top pick would have to be DP. This is probably because of the attention already on him and how much rope he is being given to hang himself with, but there it is. The thing that irks me most there is his vote on Parama first for bussing Vibe, then saying it was a joke, then voting Vibe, then saying he's still sure Parama and Vibe are both scum (which kind of goes against the whole "it was a silly accusation/RV" thing). And it doesn't help that charter and cruelty have somehow ended up as sure scum for him too, even with minimal interaction (and cruelty doing nothing negative that I can tell).

So, I'm ready to drop the hammer. I'll wait for a claim or final defense from DP though.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kitoari wrote:
ZazieR wrote:

Yeah, that would kinda be the point of mixing you guys up. I didn't mention him because I had associated his actions with you.
Oh, I thought you only meant with the last Zazie. Because surely, the second vote on a wagon 'hopping onto a wagon' is quite odd as the wagon starts with multiples votes. And what's odd about it?
Ignore the ''R''
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:11 am

Post by DavidParker »

StrangerCoug wrote:
DavidParker wrote:And "cautious" scum arrives and votes for a lurker uselessly.
If cautiousness is a tell, why didn't you attack me for unvoting ZazieR after it was pointed out he was being sarcastic and then waiting to vote again?

You also say that like voting lurkers is a bad idea per se. I don't swear by LALurkers, but there
ARE
times where it's good.
Lurker in general is a term that needs to be expanded on. There is scummy lurking then there is no-tell lurking.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Parama »

Claim.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:14 am

Post by DavidParker »

Mafia Goon.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Parama »

I believe it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:17 am

Post by VibeBox »

StrangerCoug wrote:I don't think VibeBox has handled the L-4 issue very well, so I will VOTE: VibeBox.
This is not a job, but a serious question.
Are you sure you have the right name this time?
If so, what about my reaction to the L-4 "issue" concerns you?

For the record I am pretty happy with DP as our lynch today. While I'm not certain of his scumminess, his play is sporadic and flailing enough to be heavily anti-Town regardless of alignment, and as Kage said a lynch on someone like that is good no matter how they flip.

Also, help a returning player out and define "VI", please. Thanks.

EWP:
DavidParker wrote:Mafia Goon.
lololol.

I'm going to give this a couple hours for further discussion if anyone wishes before I hammer. : -)
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:17 am

Post by DavidParker »

Sure you do.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”