Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Check in post number 2. Just finished a semi-quick read of day two. Bit of a doozy, to say the least. I can only imagine what day one was like... Anyways. I'm going to write up a short, to the point, post regarding opinions of (what I assume to be) the leading wagons heading towards deadline, some time tomorrow. I will say though, that whether it be because of the game itself, or simply the time I chose to do this read of day two, my reads don't feel all that strong right now. A decent majority of my reads have boiled down to a "meh" equivalent as the read progressed. Due to this, expect another speed-read of day two, and possibly more of a day one read to get my feet placed in this game.

Quick things though:

I would love to see more posts from Gurgi (I know, busy. Only getting 5 posts in my reread is saddening nonetheless. I like you, and I'd probably find your posting tolerable).
That being said, I'm still waiting to hear some actual analysis from me=weird here. Do you have any opinions about anyone in the game here?
Second this. Thanks in advance.

Other random reads off the top of my head (and if I scroll up to see your name. No particular order here.):
Charlie - "meh" neutral.
Friend - Leaning scum. Leaning recruiter.
Yos - Leaning town.
Andy - Leaning town.
Xvart - One of my top town reads.
Meweird - Leaning scum.
Singer - "meh" neutral. Only town because of the claim. Play leans scum, claim leans town. Leaning recruited scum I guess.
Robo/Vezok - Yeah...Vezok had some wonderful early day play. Sarcasm is in the previous sentence. Leaning slightly scum on vezok. Waiting on robo's read, obviously.
Faraday - Leaning scum, not completely sold on recruiter status though. Not opposed to a lynch, but not my first pick.
Prozac - One of my top town reads.
Inhim - Leaning slightly town.
Gurgi - Early D2 posts seemed townie to me. Not a whole lot to get a read from after that though.
Chrono - "meh" neutral read. Excessive crumbing, and almost flaunting the crumbing, bothers me.
Ooba - Leaning slightly scum. The "recruited" theory sounds right to me as of right now.
Erg0 - No read, really. Going to look at him more during my skim.
Gandalf - "meh" neutral. Fluffy posts. A lot of fluffy posts. That basically sums up what comes from the top of my head.

(I think that's everyone. Sorry if I missed you. It's probably because I hate you and never want to speak to you ever. :D)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oh I'm done with my read. Read all of Day two and Day one was worthless.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:48 am

Post by xvart »

ReaperCharlie, 1721 wrote:I don't like how everyone assumes Yos is town.
Friend, 1722 wrote:^^^ Agree
I don't like how both of you are making this comment and voting alongside Yos2, unless this is a passive aggressive way of preempting suspicion of Yos2 if the Faraday wagon flips town. I find it especially intriguing that Yos2 convinced RC to get on the wagon and now he doesn't like how people assume he is town? And Friend is even more passive aggressive since he has made no comments about the Faraday wagon at all, but is still voting.
Robocopter87, 1726 wrote:Oh I'm done with my read. Read all of Day two and Day one was worthless.
And your thoughts (other than your previous "defense" of your predecessor?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Friend wrote:Why is my logic "horrible," Yos?
Well, because obviously, if someone actually has evidence that they're not a recruiter, then we're not going to lynch them today; so, basically, he made a defense that makes perfect sense, and you voted him for it. This:
Friend wrote:Because you're not defending against the accusation of scumminess, just the accusation of being a recruiter.
Makes no sense at all to me at all; if someone does make a defense against "the accusation of being a recruiter", and it's a good one, then that would be a great reason to not vote them. I also don't like it in combination with the way you've recently gone quiet (all your posts for the past few weeks have been short one or two liners with very little in the way of real content.) Just not getting a good vibe from you at the moment.

All that being said, I don't want us to let me=weird off the hook here. We really need to hear something useful from him, ideally before the end of the day. A list of who he thinks is town and scum from him, some reasons for his vote, something.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

xvart wrote:
ReaperCharlie, 1721 wrote:I don't like how everyone assumes Yos is town.
Friend, 1722 wrote:^^^ Agree
I don't like how both of you are making this comment and voting alongside Yos2, unless this is a passive aggressive way of preempting suspicion of Yos2 if the Faraday wagon flips town. I find it especially intriguing that Yos2 convinced RC to get on the wagon and now he doesn't like how people assume he is town? And Friend is even more passive aggressive since he has made no comments about the Faraday wagon at all, but is still voting.
To be fair; RC has been paranoid about me for most of the day, and I don't think he's been irrational about it. Honestly, I don't think this post was unreasonable (although I don't really know why he thinks everyone's assuming I am town).

Friend's "me, too" post kind of rubs me the wrong way, though.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

Aim Faraday
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

You really think I'm going to defend Vezok?

Now Yos2,
Lets try something here.

Pretend you are Vezok replacement. Whether town or scum. Do you think that you could actually make a legit defense for them?
My thoughts on Vezok's play this game? SUCKS.

Did Poro just lay the hammer or is Faraday at L-1?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

L-1, I unvoted to hear both of your opinions thus far about a page ago
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Kk

Now just gotta wait for a faraday claim.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Robocopter87 wrote:Kk

And while we wait is a great time to tell us what you may have gathered from your read. I'm assuming you suspect Faraday enough to go along with the lynch (correct me if I make the incorrect assumption here). Any other suspicions? Town reads? Etc?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Eighth Situation Report of Day Two

[7]
Image Faraday (Yosarian2, Chronopie, inHimshallibe, Me=Weird, ReaperCharlie, ooba, Porochaz)
[3]
Image Chronopie (Faraday, gandalf5166, Erg0)
[2]
Image Me=Weird (xvart, Friend)
[1]
Image Friend (Lord Gurgi)

Holstered: Andrius, Flameaxe, Robocopter87, singersigner

With seventeen alive, it will take nine drawn guns to execute someone. Day Two will end no later than 5:00 AM UTC on Tuesday, October 5th.
Several players who have not posted in 72 hours have been poked and prodded. :?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Friend »

I've said many times I think there's a good chance of Yos2 being scum. It's not a new thing for me.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

Actually, I'm starting to warm up to a Friend lynch.

I might cram a D2 reread into my schedule soon. No more than that due to the likelyhood of my being NK'd tonight.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

FRICK.
I made a post and this thread went down and now I lost my post. =(

The gist of it.

First, Waiting on Faraday, deadline is in Two days, I'm ready to hammer.
Second, Flameaxe, I don't like to give lists of Town= blah blah Not Town=Blah blah Scum=Blah blah. I do sometimes individually say people are town. My thoughts on Day Two? Not much has been brought to the table, only solid reads are those who are dead. WE don't have any solid info besides that.
Third, Friend, You say Yos2 is scum but you are voting Me=Weird? Put your money where your mouth is.
Fourth, Andrius, Now you post? Cmon people if we only post when we get prodded we are just handing the game to scum. Two days till deadline.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Friend wrote:I've said many times I think there's a good chance of Yos2 being scum. It's not a new thing for me.
Yos 2 is a good player, thus a likely recruit. But it's unlikely that he's a recruiter, so we have more important targets to lynch. amirite?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

Robocopter87 wrote:FRICK.
I made a post and this thread went down and now I lost my post. =(

The gist of it.

First, Waiting on Faraday, deadline is in Two days, I'm ready to hammer.
Second, Flameaxe, I don't like to give lists of Town= blah blah Not Town=Blah blah Scum=Blah blah. I do sometimes individually say people are town. My thoughts on Day Two? Not much has been brought to the table, only solid reads are those who are dead. WE don't have any solid info besides that.
Third, Friend, You say Yos2 is scum but you are voting Me=Weird? Put your money where your mouth is.
Fourth, Andrius, Now you post? Cmon people if we only post when we get prodded we are just handing the game to scum. Two days till deadline.
I didn't get prodded. I'm active; I've just been busy.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Robo:

That's fine if you don't like them, but it would be nice to know if you find anyone else suspicious. I just like to know where people are at opinion-wise after reads. Habit maybe. Despite that, I will agree with your summary of the day.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Friend »

Good chance =/= Yos2 is scum.
Chrono, what makes you think he's not the recruiter?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Call it gut. More based on his D1 play.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Robocopter87 wrote:You really think I'm going to defend Vezok?

Now Yos2,
Lets try something here.

Pretend you are Vezok replacement. Whether town or scum. Do you think that you could actually make a legit defense for them?
My thoughts on Vezok's play this game? SUCKS.
(shrug) Well, yeah, you do kind of have to defend him, although of course it's not easy and it's a bad position to be in. When you replace a VI, your best bet is to explain how you think his actions make more sense as dumb town then as scum.

In this case, I don't really think Vez is a recruiter, so I don't want to lynch him now, but I think there is a good chance he was recruited last night, based on his play today. If you can defend against that, be my guest. Or you could just convince us that you're more likely pro-town based on your own play. You'll likely have a few days to do so; we can't start hunting for recruits until we get both recruiters.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Faraday »

Reaper - Reaper probably needs to die, eventually. Yes he's been investigated and found not scum, but his play as been so poor lately that I'm thinking he was a likely night 1 recruit. His push on Ooba is poor, it's really poor. I get it he wants Ooba lynched, but I don't think he's that stupid that he can't see when he's tunnelling badly. His flip-flop on me with no reason is also incredible - notice his position on me late day 1- he iso's me and says he doesn't think I'm scummy. Yet day 2 when a I get a few votes he's quite quick to softly support the wagon 1447, 1483 he comes back around. In fact I've no idea what happened to this either:
Reaper in 1515 wrote: Chronopie is a tantalizing second target for me; for now I'd rather stick with ooba though.
Which is fair enough.

But when he votes me, Chronopie his second suspect has 3 votes, which ya know isn't fucking exactly hopeless either? In fact he doesn't even mention Chronopie when he votes me, he mentions the ooba wagon but it looks like his suspicioun of Chronopie is feigned, I think that could possibly indicate some sort of attempt to distance here.

I'm not sure on Reaper, I think there's a very good chance that he's been recruited all in all.

SingerSigner:

TheLonging I'll iso later but singer's been scummy enough in her own right.

I mentioned earlier, that I think iso'ing your predecessor as a townie seems unneccessary, it's certainly only something I do as scum, and yeah Amished tell variation here.
Ooba's claim being the same as hers makes her suspicious for some reason. Seriously? What do you think the chances are of Ooba managing to guess the role.
Singer wrote: I don't think Chrono is the lynch for today. Depending on what happens in the meantime, he might be tomorrow, but I think Ooba's either lying scum, or he was recruited, so he should be the lynch for today.
This makes NO FUCKING SENSE. Lying about what? I thought the case involved him being a recruiter, hence the failed investigation. None of this makes any sense and it looks like you're jumping on the bandwagon.
I agree with the case on Faraday. It may not be the strongest, but we're not going anywhere else. There's information to be gotten from every lynch, and I feel as though it's about time to get info from this one. If no one objects (formality), I'm ready to hammer.
Are you looking for an out tomorrow by saying the case wasn't the strongest? What particular parts of the case on me do you agree with, specifically Me=W, Yos2 and Prozac are the only ones to have posted reasoning (Iirc) so which of their posts convinced you? Especially considering :
What's this wagon on faraday?
To me indicated you disagreed with the wagon on me? Correct me if I'm wrong here though, as I guess it's kinda ambigious either way.

Either way, if we've got a scum loose cannon it's probably here I'd bet.

Inhim
looks pretty town, his Iso isn't great but I don't really disagree with a lot of what he's been saying. I don't agree with his points re: me, but then I wouldn't would I? I think there's a fair chance he's town at this point and one of the few I'm reasonably confident in saying this about too.

Friend
looked remarkably town day 1, less so day 2 but I think he's still probably town. I admit I'm slightly biased towards thinking playstyles like Jack's, and in this particular game Inhim and Friend look town. I generally find it pretty hard to articulate town reads anyway, but I can't really see scumfriend here day 2. He seems bored of day 2, althogh going a day to get flips and stuff isn't as useful here, it's a cult game. So yeah.

Vezok's
town for the soft claim nonsense that went on really early. He's horribly anti town regardless of alignment anyway but I think he looks a town, anti town here if you understand me. I have some meta on him as town and he seems similar here although it's hard to tell, admittedly I'd lean town on him. Oh he was replaced by robocopter who's spent the whole time he's been here complaining/not doing anything. Gl with that.

Andrius
is prob town, look at the early day 1 where he calls reaper town repeatedly for no good reason, it makes so much sense as a cop investigation and very very little sense as anything else.

Xvart
- Xvart's play has been okay I guess, but I've modded him 3 times now, twice as town and once as scum and he looks so much like his scum self here after a re-read in iso. Total gut feel here, but usually when he's town I can spot him quite quickly (see lay of leithian) but here he's just there for me and it's worrying. He's also pretty much ignored my bandwagon for the most part, and there's something about his interactions with Yos2 that I don't like either. I think there's a good chance he's a recruiter who recruited Yos2.

Yos2
- Nothing I can really pin on him again, he's very capable of being logical and posting cases as scum, I don't really like that he never commented on my supposed scumminess day 1, it just seems odd that he never so much as mentioned me untill a wagon started on me (that may not be actually 100% true, but you get the idea.

Ani/BBM (w/ prozac)- I think there's a decent chance he's a recruiter who recruited prozac night 1 based on the way day 2 has gone. Prozac was all over Ani day 1, like a fucking rash. Look at the differences in the way he's gone after ani day 1 (for useless posting) and the way he's attacking me, the difference is pretty noticable IMO. He's also ignored Ani for day 2, someone who seemed to be one of his top scum reads for day 1. I think there's a really, really fucking good chance Prozac's recruited, and my top pick for recruiter for him would be Ani. It also fits in what I think Ani would do (recruit someone who's attacking him). BBM's catch up post doesn't help either, no idea why his top town reads are who they are but yeah.

Seraphim read really town. Me-weird's case seems a nulltell (in so far as he's made that style of case in a few of his games and he's not scum everytime). Gonna go with town here, I think Seratown more likely to replace because of Vezok. Plus there was abn earlier comment about scumgroups that I read as genuine.

Gurgi's been lazy as fuck, he's done little to no scumhunting from what I can see, although it seems a general 'fucked up with mafia' vibe from his posts, I don't think that's an alignment tell either way. His jump on my wagon wasn't too bad, no reasons given but there's nothing really wrong with that. Bleh he's pretty neutral I guess, my gut kinda says town on him at the moment even though he's done absolutely nothing.

Erg0 - Townish. Seems to be scumhunting and I've no real problems with him, day 2 looks even better although I feel we could do with more of him ITT. I think that's everyone?

Gandalf I've no idea how to read. Looks scummy regardless of alignment to me, so you're on your own with that.

Chronopie's possible scum for doing nothing but softclaiming all fucking game. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

Well that's about it, probably not very useful but whatever. Reaper's the guy I'm on the fence about most in all that. Xvart has a decent chance of being scum, Prozac and BBM do too although Prozac's probably a recruit if anything.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

Also this whole LYNCH A RECRUITER thing is fine if you can fucking well find one, however if you refuse to lynch someone cos they're more likely to be a recruit and don't catch the leader then the town is well and truly fucked. Lynch whoever's scummy and hope for the best, sure you can see who's more likely but apart from that.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

Robocopter87 wrote:Kk

!!!!! remarkable insight. I'm good as I am.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Just an update on the clock, since no votes have changed.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Unannounced V/LA over the weekend, sorry. Be back tonight/tomorrow.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”