Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Robb Stark

The lone wolf dies but the pack survives. Well in this case the pack had perished. Robb strode from the Godswood and slowly put on his armour. It was inevitable, honour had no place in war it seemed. Vile treachery and incompetence had cost him and his alliance and he knew it. He heard the shouts as the Greyjoy's began to get ready for 'war'.

A lone wolf howled. 'Grey Wind, to me' Robb bellowed drawing his sword. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Fuck it, he was done with waiting as he ran to meet them.

Then the howls of the Greyjoys could be heard in the quiet of the night. They were feral. They'd come to destroy, to conquer. He remembered his once friend Theon and what he had done. Robb spat on the ground then as Grey Wind kept pace beside him, the Young Wolf and the direwolf against an army of Kraken. Robb ran forward cutting down 2 men in the blink of en eye.'FOR WINTERFELL' he cried, quickly dispatching the another who'd managed to get in his way. Greywind dived for someone's throat as Robb began to become overwhelmed. Two men surrounded him but they hesitated long enough for Robb to kill one and badly wound the other. Robb noticed a cut along his thigh and cursed. He shouted for Grey Wind to come to him. They'd not go down easily.

A howl went up in the night. Robb
felt
Grey Wind's pain. He could almost see as Grey Wind writhed in agony. A looming figure stepped through the bushes, axe in hand. As he stepped forward the man spoke, taunting Robb. 'I killed your fucking wolf, and you're next boy'. Robb stepped forward and steel met steel. The Young Wolf met the Lord Captain of The Iron Fleet. It would be a tale told in the Iron Isles for years. How the Victarion Greyjoy had slayed the last of the Stark's in single combat. Robb slipped, on the blood of one of the men he'd killed, and that was all that was needed, because as he fell he saw the axe descend as it crushed into his skull. Dead on impact. (then he was drowned just to match the kill flavour). As he lay day there dying Grey Wind died also. Rumour has it both died within seconds of each other.

Victarion

Victarion wiped his blade on Robb's cloak and walked back to the ship. As he did he saw a disfigured figure with his blade half drawn. An ally of Stark's perhaps? It was quite clear he'd not made it to the fight though. His face was bloated. Victarion had seen such things before, it was a Lannister way of dealing with foe. No honour, really he thought. Still effective he considered as he made his way back to his ship.

Thor665 - Robb Stark -
Innocent Aligned
- 1shot dayvig was drowned Night 7
Diddin - 'The Hound' Sandor Clegane -
Innocent Aligned
Vanilla was poisoned Night 7.

Day 8 begins, but with only 2 alive and 2 to lynch we can skip the formalities and
skip straight to night 8.
Night choices due within 72 hours but if we get them sooner it'll be up sooner.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Tyrion

Tyrion sat at the Small Council table opposite Varys staring at a map of the realm. He sighed. He'd made the best of a bad situation.
His bastard father, his actual bastard nephew and that bitch of a sister were all dead... well to be honest, that was good news.
Tommen was a good lad, he'd make a good king, particularly with Tyrion to guide him. And Jamie was returning home. So Tommen would have a strong Kingsguard.

Tyrion held the medalion of a fist in his stunted grasp... and Tommen would have a strong Hand to guide him.

Back to the map.

To guarantee Tommen the throne, he'd had to give up half the kingdom. Victarion was marching his Ironmen north. Once across the Neck they'd be in their own lands, although he had no idea what that nation would be called yet.

Outside he could hear the cheering. He had had the treasury raided, to donate some money to the commoners who had crept into the ruins of Kings Landing. A vague festival was occurring outside, although the celebration was more about the free bread and wine than any love of Lannister.

That would change in time, Tyrion vowed to himself, but for now, he didn't feel much like celebrating.
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

So, Lannisters and Greyjoys 'draw'.

What does that mean? Well it means Faraday and I botched the Win Conditions, and this scenario wasn't addressed.

From the Graveyard thread I can see that some people are unhappy with this outcome, declaring that no win condition was met, therefore nobody should win. That's true. There is no outright winner.
However, Macavitar and MagnaofIllusion were in the position to 'decide' the outcome, town (and SSBF) were not in that position, therefore Faraday and I are declaring a 'minor win' to them. Simply because they had the power to survive. I think Magna said it best in one of his posts: He had the power to decide whether town or Macavitar had the chance of outright winning, and he felt that Macavitar earned it more. Clearly Macavitar felt the same way about Magna.

I've deliberately written the end game flavour to appear less victorious, because it's true, they didn't win. But they did what they could.

So, lesson learned. Faraday and I have definitely learned to take more care in writing win conditions, and this won't happen again.

So lets begin the post game discussion.

I'd like to avoid a discussion about the Win Condition. Some of you aren't happy with our decision, we've done the best we can.
I'd like to avoid a discussion about Macavitar and Magna not "Playing To Win," I've already posted in the Graveyard QT about why I think they were.

Both of those topics can be brought up in Mafia Discussion if you feel they warrant it.

In post game discussion I'd like to hear more about what you thought of the rest of the design and the game on whole.

What did you like or dislike about the days' "Themes".

How did you feel about the PRs? About the overall balance of the game? (I've heard people complain that the game was tilted in both directions)

I'll post the full set up soon, or hopefully Faraday will.

I'll also be posting as Seacore from here on in. Just so you can see who is answering you.
War has arrived!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Beat Role PMs! I'll post thoughts once all of that business is out of the way. I will say, however, that Macavitar most certainly was playing to win and don't be whiny because town didn't pull it together at the end.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, I give my permission for the Macavitar QT to be posted if Mac wants to.
YOUR AD HERE

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:09 am

Post by CSL »

What I was so peeved about, that we didn't lynch Mac on Town lylo. I guess my frustration was taken too far, and then, well, that happened.

The way town played was unforgivable...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I hate myself
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I was coming in to vote for Mac, then saw that Unsight was hammered. Stupid school
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 am

Post by LimMePls »

CSL wrote:What I was so peeved about, that we didn't lynch Mac on Town lylo. I guess my frustration was taken too far, and then, well, that happened.

SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT BAD TOWN PLAY.

Thanks to the game mods, you both did a really great job. The flavor was awesome, the events were cool (even if I only got to participate in 2 of them) and I think the balance was mostly right, maybe even slightly town tilted (which just makes this town loss even more unbelievable).

I am simply stunned that we lost this game. Simply stunned. I have a really deep rage right now at a number of players.

IMO CSL should be site banned for that town self hammer. Absolutely unforgivable.

IMO Richard should be avoided at all costs. Confirmed town from D2 and lives to D6(7?) and does absolutely NOTHING to help this town win. While being a dick about it, with posts like "haha, I should have been prodded but I wasn't". What a complete jerk.

I'm happy with my play this game, except for my D1 scum team case against Richard-Axel-CMAR, all three of which flipped town. That said I succeeded in inviting 4 townies to the KG, and the 2 scum I did felt more like I forced myself to do them than picked them. I wanted the hand in the QT to try and get a better read of him, and I wanted the "vig" in so we could direct his kills. At various points D1 I had xvart/Mac/MoI on my invitee list and removed all of them, while adding Cow and Mina late in D1.

Grats to the scum teams. In particular to Mac. Being able to convince the town to not lynch you when you've been tracked to a night kill is remarkable. Fooling them the second time is just astonishing. Well played.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Mods:
I'd love to see all the night actions when possible.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:31 am

Post by CSL »

LynchMePls wrote:
CSL wrote:What I was so peeved about, that we didn't lynch Mac on Town lylo. I guess my frustration was taken too far, and then, well, that happened.

SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT BAD TOWN PLAY.

Thanks to the game mods, you both did a really great job. The flavor was awesome, the events were cool (even if I only got to participate in 2 of them) and I think the balance was mostly right, maybe even slightly town tilted (which just makes this town loss even more unbelievable).

I am simply stunned that we lost this game. Simply stunned. I have a really deep rage right now at a number of players.

IMO CSL should be site banned for that town self hammer. Absolutely unforgivable.

IMO Richard should be avoided at all costs. Confirmed town from D2 and lives to D6(7?) and does absolutely NOTHING to help this town win. While being a dick about it, with posts like "haha, I should have been prodded but I wasn't". What a complete jerk.

I'm happy with my play this game, except for my D1 scum team case against Richard-Axel-CMAR, all three of which flipped town. That said I succeeded in inviting 4 townies to the KG, and the 2 scum I did felt more like I forced myself to do them than picked them. I wanted the hand in the QT to try and get a better read of him, and I wanted the "vig" in so we could direct his kills. At various points D1 I had xvart/Mac/MoI on my invitee list and removed all of them, while adding Cow and Mina late in D1.

Grats to the scum teams. In particular to Mac. Being able to convince the town to not lynch you when you've been tracked to a night kill is remarkable. Fooling them the second time is just astonishing. Well played.
I seen DMSIS do worse, and he's still playing.

Everybody has their BAD BAD games in some point or another, have you had yours yet?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Obviously, I'm going to have a lot to say about this game soon, but while I write up my notes, I want to say great job to the mods, and thanks. It was a well run and fun game with lots of intricacies. VP, I'm happy to release our hydra QT. Rest of the Lannisters, how do you feel about releasing that QT?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes, big thanks to the mods. I enjoyed the flavor even though I was way in over my head with it. I'll probably check out these books sometime because of your game. Vote counts, prods, etc. were all as well done as can be expected in a large game.

Also, to follow on LynchMePls' point, Mac definitely deserves props. His fakeclaim was a thing of beauty and saved our ass when I was all but certain we would be dead. I'll be nominating him for best fakeclaim later, so check the scummies thread.
YOUR AD HERE

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

Post by LimMePls »

CSL wrote:I seen DMSIS do worse, and he's still playing.

Everybody has their BAD BAD games in some point or another, have you had yours yet?
Oh, I see, so as long as some other idiot is running around unbanned, you should be too? Nice defense. You played against the spirit of the game and worked directly opposite of your town role. I'd even forgive it if you'd been playing pro-town up until then and just got really frustrated and in a moment of rage you did it, but no you played the entire game terribly and then have the nerve to come in here and say "Town played terrible". You are shameless, which is pathetic.

No, I haven't ever self-hammered as town, and no I won't "have mine".

V/LA on weekends
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Post by CSL »

That's why I'm counting this as a triple loss.

One for Loss

One for self-hammer

and One for bad play.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 am

Post by diddin »

CSL I WAS TRYING TO RALLY A MAC LYNCH ON LYLO AND YOU VOTED MAGNA. DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT. Honestly I wish SSBF would have killed you because I had a much bigger town read on Vezo.

Will there be A Storm of Swords Mafia? If so, when is it, I desperately wanna play in it. Gonna read the dead QT and see how much shit people talk about me soon.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Orange, something most enjoyed. Lemon, least liked. Lightbulb, something learned.

Orange: the events
Lemon: the failure to follow ptw
Lightbulb: Vi's will continue to surprise me (looking at the quickhammer)

All in all I totally enjoyed this game. Probably would've been my favorite if not for the abysmal ending.

The balance was fine IMO gotta look at SKs role to be sure.

Again game = huge orange. I look forward to next game.

I am disappointed in the players of MoI and ML but I wont seek site punishment. I disagree with the mod view but ill leave it to their discretion ,I certainly wouldn't feel remorse tho if something was done.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Benmage, my italics wrote: I am disappointed in the players of MoI and ML but
I wont seek site punishment
. I disagree with the mod view but ill leave it to their discretion ,I certainly wouldn't feel remorse tho if something was done.
Are you f'ing kidding me? A joint win is still a win in my book. And while it may not be as sweet as if we had won on our own, I'll take that as my punishment for bad scumhunting on Day 6, when we went CSL over Magna.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Mac hydra QT
Baltar, thanks for stepping in when I had my long vacation, and for being a great hydra partner to work with.

Can someone post the dead thread?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Benmage wrote:I am disappointed in the players of MoI and ML but I wont seek site punishment. I disagree with the mod view but ill leave it to their discretion ,I certainly wouldn't feel remorse tho if something was done.
lol, ok, let's have this debate then. How the hell is it playing to your win con to do something that guarantees you lose the game? What you're suggesting is that we should have both had to kill one another and thus give the town a victory. That makes no sense in terms of playing to your win condition. I understand hating to lose a large game after so much time invested, but it's not ok to justify poor sportsmanship with false righteousness and bad theory.
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Benmage »

Mafia is a game of lying when scum....you willfully chose to tie instead of fullwin by backstabbing MoI. Everything leading up to that point is irrelevant.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Benmage »

I am not bitter about a single loss. Even after cow and Mina dropped the ball this would've been my al time favorite game..I made this clear in the dead qt. You can believe what you will but I don't think you PTW and therefore damaged the integrity of Mafia. Nor do I think I am alone because plenty people voiced that they would've gone for the full win.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 am

Post by RichardGHP »

LynchMePls wrote:IMO Richard should be avoided at all costs. Confirmed town from D2 and lives to D6(7?) and does absolutely NOTHING to help this town win. While being a dick about it, with posts like "haha, I should have been prodded but I wasn't". What a complete jerk.
No. Just stop. We all have our bad games, this was one of mine. I hardly if ever play well as clear, and at least I made a decent effort to participate in the last few days. Get the hell off your high horse.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 am

Post by CSL »

Actually, LMP should be warned for his asshole-like behavior postgame. That's just not sportsmanlike.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 am

Post by MacavityLock »

VP Baltar wrote:What you're suggesting is that we should have both had to kill one another and thus give the town a victory. That makes no sense in terms of playing to your win condition.
Also,
MacavityLock wrote:Can someone post the dead thread?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”