/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

HackerHuck (6) -- PokerFace, iamausername, SpyreX, Seraphim, Fate, AdumbroDeus

Not voting: mith, Ellibereth, Kmd4390, ooba, Plumegranate, HackerHuck
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Ellibereth »

SCUM know's if the 4th is a vig though...and assuming it is and they've been consistently blocked they also know who it is
And I don't know anyone who wouldn't shoot for 3 nights in a row. >.>
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Ellibereth »

KMD, who are the people you think are town again?
FLASH OF GREEN
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ellibereth wrote:KMD, who are the people you think are town again?
Poker, Plum, and Sera are my strongest town reads.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Fate »

No.

NO

FUCK IT>

I WON'T BE LAZY THIS GAME.

Unvote:
Vote: Troll
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: Adumbro
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Fate »

Zorblag wrote: If DrippingGoofball be scum who was fake claiming hider Troll suspects that it wasn't particularly done to in an attempt to get us to pick janitor (we were somewhat likely to do that anyhow.) Troll would guess that there be a pretty good chance that a scum DrippingGoofball simply want with the fake claim because she knew that no one else would claim hider and it would let her cause mischief for a while. That would require that she no was aware of the posts Troll had made about town methods for catching a claimed hider but given Troll's experience with DrippingGoofball on a scum team Troll has very little trouble seeing that happening. In that case the withdrawn claim would be because other members of the scum team pointed out the problems with the plan. In any case, Troll has little trouble seeing DrippingGoofball pulling the gambit as town thinking she was helping but Troll sees no reason to think that she no would do it as scum. Troll would have no problems with a DrippingGoofball lynch at this point.

VOTE: DrippingGoofball

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Wagon move. NAO
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote A dumb bro
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am a little surprised with the speed of the hacker wagon but i am still supporting it

Things I didn't like about VV include he was first to join DGB on the zoraster wagon that was created over zoraster hating DGB's fake hider claim. And VV complained some people were lazy wagoning him at first when he was lazy wagoning instead of scum hunting himself. Also I don't think his play here matches is play in OGAM. In that game i was scum and there was no case on him involving him being a VI. I did not consider him one during that game. Only case that ever got on him was action/role confusion. Other than that is he was not scummy as town there. So if he or anyone else was trying to say he is always scummy and non-hunting as town that is wrong.

Though Huck can't really account for those things since he ain't the same guy, so I'll ask him why he thought DGB was town? And exactly how close he was on before deadline on Day 3? You can be online and not post in our game so I'm wondering if he was on and might have to posted elsewhere, I guess i can just look into that myself later. Did Huck say he was considering changing his vote to DGB during his last post on day 3? I didn't think he did.

Also I got a question for Fate. Why do you play mafia? How often would you say you bring up cases as aposed to hop on wagons to pressure for info?

Also to clarify the only obv town is KMD. He is obv cause well he is confirmed. I think Sera, Mith are town as a result of yesterday and how they went after DGB. They are not obv town I just think it is very likly and have no desire to lynch either of them today. Town Read on Sera strengthens if Huck is scum since he has been behind that wagon for a long time. I am yet to read what Fate just pointed out about AB/Troll. I'll get to that later
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 am

Post by mith »

Things I learned today: Wanting to catch the scums in this game does not qualify as a "hardship" with regards to jury duty.

I'm less inclined to push for PokerFace after remembering that he's the current incarnation of My Milked Eek; MME's clueless post discussing the hider claim day 1 coupled with the DGB flip makes me a little hesitant. Doesn't completely clear him (and I'm additionally hesitant to apply ignorance-tells at all after the zoraster lynch), but it's a point in his favor. (The main thing that bothers me about PokerFace is his stance toward yesterday's lynch - his analysis of the DGB gambit; the "I'm just going to vote for whoever has the most" which always strikes me as scum trying to avoid responsibility, but then he followed that with not actually voting for DGB despite twice posting when she was the leader among other players. Made me think he was setting up to finish off Plumegranate, but then when the tide turned he waited to see if DGB could get out of it.)

AdumbroDeus: "I can't be legit concerned that maybe we're looking at the possibility that we're looking at another two PR claims?" - Not really, no. To believe Kmd is scum, one has to believe that he took a chance on Elmo being a Vig, with little to no gain even if he's right (with the Janitor gone, he gets caught eventually when the real power roles are dead). I can't even see paranoia coming into play here, because if you'd put any thought into it you could no doubt come up with several reasons why scum may not have killed Kmd.

"Nothing I said forces a PR to claim..." - Forces? No. But it could be fishing.

HackerHuck's 1530 looks bad to me right now - sort of a soft defense of DGB against a case that was actually itself a defense of DGB (PokerFace's gambit analysis) rather than an attack. (I have a hesitation on him - well, VasudeVa - similar to the one on PokerFace, however; I'm not ready to discuss yet since it involves speculation on the night results.)

Ellibereth's 1528 is worse, though. It's been one thing if he'd been strongly on ooba (or Plumegranate, or both) and/or strongly against a DGB lynch. But he said very little about DGB apart from listing her among his town reads (of which there were many, including both ooba and Plumegranate initially), and ooba was a town read pretty much until Ellibereth voted for him.

(I also kinda feel like Ellibereth-town should have been asking the questions about DGB's wagon analysis that I was later asking. And his Kmd town reads line of questions feels more like a frame-job than genuine scumhunting.)

Current ordering: Ellibereth > AdumbroDeus > PokerFace > HackerHuck
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Reading it after it was over I thought DGB was town all the way to until she started going crazy post-rhino claim.
I had thought Pluman was town? >.> Prob very early....
AND I thought Ooba was town until Fate pulled me over and stuff.

And what questions on wagon analysis?
FLASH OF GREEN
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

PokerFace wrote:Though Huck can't really account for those things since he ain't the same guy, so I'll ask him why he thought DGB was town? And exactly how close he was on before deadline on Day 3? You can be online and not post in our game so I'm wondering if he was on and might have to posted elsewhere, I guess i can just look into that myself later. Did Huck say he was considering changing his vote to DGB during his last post on day 3? I didn't think he did.
Why town? A lot of it was based on getting the same reads that she did. I also didn't really agree with many of the cases made against her - Zoraster, Mith (finding Mith scummy didn't help, since I don't expect scum to bus like that), and Iamausername. Most everyone else seemed to just pile on her wagon referring to a case made by someone else.

I did get on before deadline, but it was after the hammer; however, I was not in a place where I was considering a vote on DGB. The only nagging doubt I had about her was that she didn't get up in arms about the lack of a hammer on plumegranate after they claimed vanilla. That seemed uncharacteristic of her and I wouldn't be surprised if that slot still turned up scum. On the other hand, I've dropped Mith to prob-town based on his persistent DGB attacks.

I would also assume that she would throw one real scum in this list and I feel that Seraphim is town.
DrippingGoofball wrote:NO WAI

Have you guyz lost your collective minds????????????

This is unacceptable. Come on... where are the townies... Rhinox and Seraphim are scum for sure now, they are confirmed scum with Plum. Come to your senses. I may not have played a perfect game but this is an outrage.
Part of the reason I wish Rhinox had claimed, is that I'm guessing that he tracked me night one because he was quite solid in defending VV beginning in day 2 (see post . Granted there's a 25% chance that a tracker would follow the one mafioso who performed no night action, but it might have swayed some people to think I'm not scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Fate »

Mith, Adumbro wagon > Ellie wagon. I have serious Ellie meta that indicates he would have bussed DGB more actively saying things like "DIS IZ noT DGB TOWN" or something, instead of ignoring DGB all game. More likely is that he just had DGB read as town and forgot about him.

@Poker: Mindlessly wagon? *looks back* I'm pretty sure I've done nothing but START wagons all game.

Surely you are referring to my play in our last game together, where I just wagonned because I WASNT READIN THE GAME, and my town reads still managed to be 100% spot on. But this game? I've wagonned no more than any other player. Which means you ARENT PAYIN ATTENTION.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Fate »

forgot about her*

Also Poker I play mafia because I enjoy being town, lynching scum, and all around being right about my reads.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Fate »

PLUM I SEE YOU POSTING DON'T TRY TO LURK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS AS A FRIGGIN VT.
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

AdumbroDeus wrote:Sticking firm with the plum wagon unless the deadline approaches (about 3 hours, 30 minutes atm) and we still don't have a lynch, but I dunno if I'll have a chance to log on then.

At least the flip will be very useful regardless of the side.
So this needs a WHAT. Cop-out of responding to what appears to be a 1-for-1 dichotomy and keep talking about me? Don't even mention DGB's claim or Rhinox or anyone?

FATE you're calling early distancing, or Troll actually setting up early distancing? That . . . admittedly wouldn't have been my first interpretation, but given scummy AD I say let's go.

VOTE: AdumbroDeus
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Fate »

Your vote is appreciated Plum.

However I would've liked it if you had kept the scumtell I was calling Troll out quiet, and to have at least waited for someone [more scummy] else to interpret my post correctly. But being more obvtown as a VT can't hurt, so no hard feelings.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hay hay hay

I'm missing it. I'm not seeing that hand wringing as blowing in the wind versus actually confused.

Please let me lynch VV already please god
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Fate wrote:Mith, Adumbro wagon > Ellie wagon. I have serious Ellie meta that indicates he would have bussed DGB more actively saying things like "DIS IZ noT DGB TOWN" or something, instead of ignoring DGB all game. More likely is that he just had DGB read as town and forgot about him.

@Poker: Mindlessly wagon? *looks back* I'm pretty sure I've done nothing but START wagons all game.

Surely you are referring to my play in our last game together, where I just wagonned because I WASNT READIN THE GAME,
and my town reads still managed to be 100% spot on. But this game? I've wagonned no more than any other player. Which means you ARENT PAYIN ATTENTION.
Yes that. Didn't realize you weren't reading that game though. As I am yet to read everything here i guess i can realize that in retrospec. I had also read some opinions by others about your play in other games before i joined here. I had heard bad things given the fall of invitational 6 and some other things. If what you say is true then that's what I want to hear, and I'll likly change where i got you in my suspicions when i am caught up.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I would think that this should be obvious by now...

I'm not scum, I'm just the resident VI. I wasn't prepared for the level of play in this game, tried my best to figure it out, but in the end wasn't good enough. Do a bit of research both here on smashboards on my meta, I'm a much stronger scum player then this, the only other game where I really played badly was where I got lost as town (of God's and Men).

I would've never protected DGB if I was scum, I've opened cases against my scummates on more then one occasion.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Step 1: Go to A Dumb Bro's ISO
Step 2: Hit Ctrl+F
Step 3: Type "DGB"
Step 4: Read context around everything highlighted
Step 5: Come in and post "A Dumb Bro is so obvscum", vote him, and watch him hang.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

DrippingGoofball
(8) -- mith, iamausername, Plumegranate, SpyreX,
Rhinox
, Seraphim, ooba, Fate
ooba (1) -- Ellibereth
Plumegranate (4) -- HackerHuck, AdumbroDeus, PokerFace, Kmd4390
Rhinox
(1) --
DrippingGoofball

There is scum in {HackerHuck, AdumbroDeus, PokerFace}
Ooba adding 3rd vote on DGB wrote:Thoughts as of page 51:
- Pretty sure I was wrong about the mith-DGB pairing
- iam-DGB pairing looks very likely
-- Also 1273 looks like iam cheerleading mith-KMD town-town argument
-- Or I could be wrong and it's mith-Rhinox
- Anyway would prefer a DGB flip over mith

Vote: DGB
Ooba switching to growing Plum wagon wrote:between DGB\Plum and chose Plum..
- iam was scummy since I saw a possible iam\DGB pairing but iam seems genuine in wanting DGB lynched
- So I'd put my money on AD for the fourth

Vote: Plum

L-1..
Ooba bussing DGB wrote:I lol'd at this post ..

Unvote. Vote: DGB
Let's get Ooba after A Dumb Bro.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am

Post by ooba »

/Anti-prod post
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Fate »

ooba wrote:/Anti-prod post

I haven't forgotten about you ooba.

Oh no sir.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Fate »

AdumbroDeus wrote:I would think that this should be obvious by now...

I'm not scum, I'm just the resident VI. I wasn't prepared for the level of play in this game, tried my best to figure it out, but in the end wasn't good enough. Do a bit of research both here on smashboards on my meta, I'm a much stronger scum player then this, the only other game where I really played badly was where I got lost as town (of God's and Men).

I would've never protected DGB if I was scum, I've opened cases against my scummates on more then one occasion.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”