chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also just because you put a vote down does not mean you put yourself in the spotlight. Most of the interaction I see involving Zed is Zed/Lowell arguing, because Lowell was Zed's scumread. He barely addresses you ever - the tone (and your case itself) of your case is off. Please though, prove me wrong with quotes. Like I said, you're a 60/40 read.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:22 am

Post by CSL »

Roll Call X

quadz08 -3- singersigner, Uite, chesskid3
Lowell -1- a2rudeboy
Pomegranate -1- springlullaby
a2rudeboy -1- Sevei
chesskid3 -5- Pomegranate, quadz08, Lowell, kunkstar7, Antihero

Nonvoters -1- Nexus

12 in class, 7 expels

Please tell me if this is off.

Deadline is the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST. Deadline hitting now means chesskid3 gets kicked out

Less than 36 hours.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 am

Post by quadz08 »

I'm sorry that Lowell and Antihero are on your wagon, but that seems to me like it's their decision, not mine. I'm confused as to how this is a scumtell for me.
ISO 9 wrote:I am also interested in knowing why Equinox thinks his answers would influence ours. Perhaps you were just waiting to see if anyone would actually answer your rolefishing question, before putting your own answer out there?
ISO 12 wrote:, your ISO #6 is... a stretch, at best, and overall you're presenting your hunch as much more than just a hunch. You most definitely are grasping at straws with that case, and then you deny that you're doing so. I don't discredit the possibility, but right now, there's almost no point in bringing it up at all. Speculating about scumbuddies on D1? Come on, now. It just seems like an attempt to produce content, while not using any actual evidence.
ISO 13 wrote:You said they were scumbuddies, and now you're saying that saying one of them was the stupid half, and the other was the serious half? That doesn't even make sense. You attempted to make a specific case connecting them as scumbuddies.
ISO 16 wrote:Care to explain this further?
ISO 17 wrote:When and why did you change your mind?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:28 am

Post by CSL »

I have prodded:

Nexus
Pomegranate
kunkstar7

Nexus and kunkstar are now out of prods.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh for goodness sake.

A second prod. I thought I had more time. Nevermind.

Wonderful.

I'm going to say for arguments sake that the only two people likely to be lynched today are: Zed/chesskid and quadz. They are the only two meaningful bandwagons, so the only two I'll be focussing on.

Anyway. Zed/Chesskid: Zed posts a mini rant about RVS' not having anything else to them. Seems like a small, pointless thing to gripe about. Not a fan of ISO #20, it's attempting to set up for tomorrow's lynch, and isn't really helpful. And yes, I think AtE is scummy. So no thanks. Seems to be giving up a little too easily, but I can't really tell what that is-last time I said that was a town tell, I got called an idiot. I claimed that scum would defend themselves to the hilt, and not make similar comments, and I was told that was wrong. However, that is still my opinion, so imo Zed is coming across as frustrated town. HOWEVER, a self-hammer is scummy. Town should not self hammer under any circumstances, because, well, it's anti-town. Her second "I'm not AtEing" comment is also frustrating, because if she wasn't doing it, she wouldn't need to justify not doing it. So anyway, force-replaced...not a fan of that, because it gives Chesskid a thankless task, but that's the mod's choice.

Chesskid says "town vibes from singer", then in the next sentence says "...if one flips scum, the other will be the second faction...(talking about singer/antihero)", so how do you get from town vibes to "...might be scum?" Woo bad vibes. Why? And then he says singer/anti are scum. Make up your mind. Agreed on quadz's reasonings for going on the Zed wagon, slightly hypocritical. I know I should be more active, but real life, whatcha gonna do? Oh, he explains his singer/anti stuff. Anyway, his next few posts are scumhunting, imo, which = good. Yes, may be scum quickly trying to restore town credibility, but he was so close to a lynch, he probably wouldn't put as much effort in.

Quadz: He has posted 21 times, and his first 9 were basically white noise. Eh, read chesskid's ISO #2, I'd basically be repeating the same stuff. But yes, Quadz has done little to no scumhunting, started a wagon on Zed/Chesskid for the same reason, and hasn't really defended himself as well as, imo, Chesskid/Zed has.

Soooooo

VOTE: Quadz
Trans rights are human rights.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

a2rude,Spring,Sevei. Your votes are on people who clearly are not getting lynched today. Do you not think either of me or quad is scum?
Do you want to remain in the shadows, and out of any VC analysis I will do after today's lynch?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 am

Post by singersigner »

CSL wrote:
@ Uite: Site rules say "Play to win the game." Self-voting is playing against your win condition, which falls under that rule.
You let Flay self-vote in Newbie 980 with no repercussions, and the same rule of "play to win." Why is this different?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

On a side note Zed pmed me to thank me for replacing him so I don't think he's really all that put out. Sorry if you are, though, Zed. I'll do my best for ya :)
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 am

Post by CSL »

singersigner wrote:
CSL wrote:
@ Uite: Site rules say "Play to win the game." Self-voting is playing against your win condition, which falls under that rule.
You let Flay self-vote in Newbie 980 with no repercussions, and the same rule of "play to win." Why is this different?
That's because he WASN'T the last scum. You should know; you won that game. :D

This is different because of A Clash of Kings, where I self-hammered in frustration that earned me the general contempt of other players, hence the ejection.

A deadline extension may take place. Bold "For Deadline Extension" if you want it, and "Against Deadline Extension" if you don't want it.

The same amount of players required to lynch is required for a deadline extension.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 am

Post by singersigner »

Zed wouldn't be the last scum either...I'm confused...Quadz is the lynch for today...that is all.

Please stop talking about mod-WIFOM...
Last edited by CSL on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Nexus »

For Deadline Extension

It's always useful.
Trans rights are human rights.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:33 am

Post by chesskid3 »

There's really no way we'll make a deadline extension anyway - (not that we really need one). Just need the few people who are active to come on and decide on a lynch.
If we get a deadline extension I can see the votes remaining at 5 v 4 for a whole week, and that doesn't really help much at all.

It would be a 2 day extension.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Uite »

chesskid3 wrote:Quad attempted to find random things Equinox did scummy, and there was no support for this. However Equinox's slot was more patronizing towards Quad than any other slot.
I would write this off as a relationship between the two due to meta, except there is an even greater correlation between Uite and Quad. When Uite questions others he is far more agressive and a lot less patronizing than with others.
You need to rewrite this, because I'm not sure what references what within the sentences, especially in relation to who is patronising to whom. An actual analysis of your findings would be nice as well.

Please explain how you went from "Ooh, Uite is cool" to "IGMEOY: Uite."
chesskid3 wrote:I read a game or two with Lowell in it. One he was scum and one he was town, I believe, but while reading both games I noticed his play was very anti-town.
Also I didn't check the votecount when I replaced in, I only saw that I was at L-2.
I still Like Singerscum better than quadscum, but given the deadline, I have no problem voting a 60/40 scum/town read.
Fair enough.
quadz08 wrote:As I've said at least once before, I simply didn't think about it. I've never had to before. I know this isn't an excuse for NOT thinking about it, but it's not a scum-tell, just a stupid-tell.
The fact that you tried to build a case on it does turn it into a scumtell. Town usually doesn't make cases for such flimsy reasons.

For Deadline Extension

I think it's useful to at least have a bigger opportunity for our inactive players to get in here, regardless of whether we actually need the 48 hours.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ooh Uite is cool was my reaction to seeing your name. You were in some game I read, and were good in it. Don't remember what alignment you were, but you were good.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh, 2 day extension. Sure.
For Deadline Extension

I'll do that analysis later tonight. Sleep is calling my name soon.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 am

Post by quadz08 »

For Deadline Extension
Let's get some of the lurkers in here before deadline, please.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Uite »

chesskid3 wrote:Ooh Uite is cool was my reaction to seeing your name. You were in some game I read, and were good in it. Don't remember what alignment you were, but you were good.
Someone mentioned in another game that I'd be getting a fanclub soon. It's nice to see that becoming a reality. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me which game you read? [/shameless egostroking]
chesskid3 wrote:I'll do that analysis later tonight. Sleep is calling my name soon.
Just stating your thought pattern would be sufficient, but a full-blown analysis would of course be better. Still, I'd like to know what exactly you were trying to say with the paragraph I quoted.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I don't remember, I'm sorry :( I _think_ you were scum and it was in Coney Island, but I'm not at all sure, sorry.

The thought pattern I belive I saw was the following. I'm going to have to reread to confirm this is actually the impression I get, but anyway:
Quad distancing from Equinox early, with attacking him for the first available (and very weak reason). But I noticed Equinox wasn't really jumping on Quad at all for such a blatantly scummy attack. Then the thought crossed my mind that they could be scumbuddies. I filed it in the back of my mind, and kept reading, and iirc quad continued to attack equinox until he replaced out.
Then when you replaced in, I noticed a bit of the same behavior. You actually called him harder than Equinox ever did, and then he buddied to your explanation, but you stopped short of going all out on him. Pity for a newbie? Reigning it in for a scumbuddy?
Honestly I doubt you're scum, I'm just pointing something out should quad flip scum and I die at night before I have a chance to examine you again D2. Your D1 behavior as a whole has been very pro-town, but I firmly believe in getting the trickier scum with VC analysis and scum-pair analysis.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

There's the thought pattern. Depending on other games/other issues, I may do the full analysis today as well.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Uite »

I keep track of the votes in a spreadsheet, and I've just noticed something odd. Excepting Zed's selfvote, there is NO overlap between the voters for Chesskid and Quadz. The only player who hasn't voted for either is springlullaby, who has kept her vote on Pomegranate the entire time. Now, what's interesting here is that the group voting for Chesskid contains the more suspicious players, while the group voting for Quadz contains the least suspicious players, according to my reads. To me that suggests that scum are trying to force a Chesskid lynch. However, there are more people voting for Chesskid than there are scum, so I'd like to ask the townies voting for him to change their votes to Quadz.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Uite »

Speaking of springlullaby, has she decided if she's replacing out or not? Either way, she needs to decide and either start posting or replace out.

I sent her a notice Tuesday Morning. She also has until early tomorrow before I search for a replacement anyways.
Last edited by CSL on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Well I sort of expected the lynch to have gone through so far but seems not.

For Deadline Extension.
That should be the pass.

I still maintain my position of the zed lynch. While chesskid can't amend anything that zed did previously scummy, something that sticks out to me is chesskid's immediate dismissal of the wagon on him as a " OMGUS+chainsaw wagon". If anything zed's response to Lowell is the OMGUS, as Lowell declared zed to be scum before zed went after Lowell. So that is an inaccurate description of the wagon on him. And even the creator of the chainsaw idea admits it doesn't work until a scum flips. chesskid continues to paint zed as the initial attacker whereas he was merely in response to Lowell's read that zed was scum, making it a misrep on his part.
Welcome to the Network.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

For Deadline Extension.

I'm liking chesskid a lot. His first post seemed to me like a lot IIoA, but I found that his exchange with Quadz showed strong opinions and analysis of the game. Quadz, however, didn't come up with good answers.

Quadz hasn't done very much this game, and is a viable lynch right now, so I will

VOTE: Quadz and put him at L-2.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call XI

quadz08 -5- singersigner, Uite, chesskid3, Nexus, Pomegranate

Lowell -1- a2rudeboy
Pomegranate -1- springlullaby
a2rudeboy -1- Sevei
chesskid3 -4- quadz08, Lowell, kunkstar7, Antihero

12 in class, 7 expels

Please tell me if this is off.

Deadline is the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST. Deadline hitting now means quadz08 gets kicked out

Less than 24 hours.

For Deadline Extension -6- Nexus, Uite, chesskid3, quadz08, kunkstar7, Pomegranate

Need 7 for a 2-day extension
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by quadz08 »

What answers that I came up with weren't good enough?

Return to “Completed Open Games”