Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I think it's over. (Awaiting lynch scene.)

But teh Mafias Win. :D

We knew, as we didn't roll roleblocker, that there was going to be a Cop OR a Doc, not both, and Ninja meant Either Tracker+Watcher v Ninja, or Vanillas v Ninja. So really, the latter being the case, Troll-Ninja's inactivity Modkill (FFFUUUUU) set us back by less than I expected it might have.

Glad that the cop claimed and fell early, only taking down me, rather than multiple scum. As we knew there was no Doc, thus freekill. :lol:
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by singersigner »

Chronopie wrote:I think it's over. (Awaiting lynch scene.)

But teh Mafias Win. :D

We knew, as we didn't roll roleblocker, that there was going to be a Cop OR a Doc, not both, and Ninja meant Either Tracker+Watcher v Ninja, or Vanillas v Ninja. So really, the latter being the case, Troll-Ninja's inactivity Modkill (FFFUUUUU) set us back by less than I expected it might have.

Glad that the cop claimed and fell early, only taking down me, rather than multiple scum. As we knew there was no Doc, thus freekill. :lol:
Just as an FYI to anyone who plays with me ever again. DON'T reveal before the end game scene has been posted. That really bothers me for two reasons, 1. The only guarantee is with the mod, and 2. It totally ruins the flavor.

But now that all has been said and done, I'm assuming it was Gamma?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

yeah I claimed early....but no way after me pounding the old Chrono is scum wagon all day was scum going to let me live...I was just hoping there was a doc out there....so i claimed, hoping to get the protect.

however, after what had happened, i cant believe the town lynched the counterwagon (confid) days later..that was a bad lynch.

well if it make you feel any better, i would have investigated Agar and/or silverbullet
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

this is one of the few games i was really interested in btw, probally cause i was scum, but i think it played our well. as for why we killed you enigma, i tihnk you seemed to be either a good scumhunter, obv town, or both. or we thought you were a power. i really don't remember, will check. --- we thought you were a cop. For hahas.

Name: Richard John Cyril "Rick" Allen
Position: Pitcher
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 152 lbs
Bats: left (?)
Throws: right
Avg: .174
Trivia!: When Def Leppard is not on tour, Rick enjoys pummeling batters in the left arm with fastballs.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:24 am

Post by Gammagooey »

>.>
<.<
Zitoooooo where are you?

Also I'm pretty sure I had the best flavor.
Name: Mega Man
Height: 4’ 3”
Weight: 326 lbs
Bats: Laser
Throws: Yes
Avg: .327
Trivia!: Mega Man’s cannon of an arm lays waste to opposing batters!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Papa Zito »

"I... I... I.. I think this Gammagooey character is the last one."

drmyshottyizsik had been a fairly skittish character throughout the ordeal. Though his memories were more like impressions, and even those were riddled with holes, KageLord was quite certain of that. Gammagooey, on the other hand, had always seemed like a voice of reason.

"And... why? Why would I be?" Gamma's voice was cool and collected, as usual. "And if you're so sure, why not bring this up earlier?"

shotty's response was a wavering finger pointed in Gamma's direction. The plane hummed quietly as the other two stared at that finger, which seemed to want to but just could not quite commit to formally accusing Gamma. To KageLord, it seemed, what? Cornered? Unstable?

With a dramatic sigh, Gamma turned to KageLord. "This seems pretty obvious." KageLord nodded, and with that, the fatal mistake was made.

drmyshottyizsik,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 8.

KageLord, frozen in shock, could only stare as a smiling Gammagooey sauntered back to his seat and sat back. Suddenly KageLord become aware of voices, from all around him... first dim, then growing louder. Though still frozen, but not now by shock, he saw his teammates slowly fading back into existence around him, and through the windows the endless black gave way to blue.

But for himself, he was fading. KageLord could feel his essense dissolving, his physical form being carefully removed from reality one stitch at a time. The team was now happily chatting around him, completely oblivious to his presence (or lack thereof), when suddenly the plane shook violently.

"This is your captain speaking, we seem to have hit a bit of turbulence, please " but this was cut off as a second explosion rocked the plane, which began a sudden, crazy descent through the atmosphere.

All KageLord could do, though, was stare at Gammagooey, and the ressurected forms of Chronopie and smashbro_of_the_SSS. His mind silently screamed an impassioned plea to his companions, a wail of fear and warning that they couldn't hear. And the last thing KageLord saw before everything went black was Gammagooey's lone sly wink.

The scum team of Gammagooey, Chronopie, and smashbro_of_the_SSS has won Open 233: Ninja Mafia Boogaloo!

Final Votecount of Day 8

2. KageLord (0):
5. Gammagooey (0):
9. drmyshottyizsik (2): KageLord, Gammagooey

Players not voting: drmyshottyizsik
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

ROLE PMs (full)

VANILLA TOWNIES

Name:E. Honda
Position: Catcher
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 372 lbs
Bats: rarely
Throws: even less
Avg: .082
Trivia!: E. Honda prefers playing catcher since he’s really good at squatting. Also, he has never had a base hit in his 9-year career.

Welcome to Open 233: Ninja Mafia Boogaloo,
Col.Cathart
. You are a
Vanilla Townie
. As such you have no cool powers or anything. You’re just cannon fodder. A pawn in the schemes of giants. One of those little chips on the checkers board before it gets to that other side, and gets another chip on it, and then bounces back and makes your little sister cry. Muahahahah.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Since this is an open game, that would be the 4 mafia guys. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.
Name:Son Goku
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 186 lbs
Bats: Vampire
Throws: Parties
Avg: .962
Trivia!: Goku throws a devastating fast ball. Estimated repair costs are in the millions.

KageLord
. You are a
Vanilla Townie
. As such you have no cool powers or anything. You’re just cannon fodder. A pawn in the schemes of giants. One of those little chips on the checkers board before it gets to that other side, and gets another chip on it, and then bounces back and makes your little sister cry. Muahahahah.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Since this is an open game, that would be the 4 mafia guys. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.
Name: Don Quixote
Position: Shortstop
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 162 lbs
Bats: Belfry
Throws: Fits
Avg: .132
Trivia!: Don Quixote charges the mound at least 3 times a game.

ConfidAnon
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Huey Duck
Position: Left field
Height: 2’3”
Weight: Floats
Bats: Ducks
Throws: Underhanded
Avg: .000
Trivia!: Huey’s incredibly small strike zone means he always walks. Also, he wears a red hat!

AGar
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Louie Duck
Position: Center field
Trivia!: Louie’s incredibly small strike zone means he always walks. Also, he wears a green hat!

Zajnet
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Strong Bad
Position: 4th base
Height: 3’8”
Weight: 62 lbs
Bats: no
Throws: no
Avg: 1.000
Trivia!: Strong Bad isn’t really on the team, but was given the mythical position of 4th base to stop him from pestering the owners with weird emails.

tumescence
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Donald Trump
Position: 1st base
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 173 lbs
Bats: terribly
Throws: girly
Avg: .032
Trivia!: Mr. Trump both owns the team and plays a pivotal position! What a coincidence!

Enigma
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Bender Bending Rodriguez
Position: 2nd base
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 520 lbs
Bats: Iron
Throws: Really really hard. ow
Avg: .472
Trivia!: Most of Bender’s salary is spent on beer.

StrangerCoug
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Ned Arnel Mencia
Position: 2nd base
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 217 lbs
Bats: Upside your head
Throws: Games
Avg: .187
Trivia!: Ned has stolen more bases than jokes! And that’s a lot!

Beefster
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Hank Aaron
Position: Outfield
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 180 lbs
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Avg: .318
Trivia!: The Chain Gang’s secret ectobiology lab has had several amazing breakthroughs in the past few years, culminating in bringing the legendary Hank Aaron back to life.

Shattered Viewpoint
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: A cow
Position: 1st base
Height: 4’ 11”
Weight: 800 lbs
Bats: moo
Throws: moo
Avg: .716
Trivia!: The cow’s amazing battering average is completely explained by its mastery of bullet-time kung-fu, which in turn is completely explained by HEY LOOK A DISTRACTION.

Sotty7
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Jason Voorhees
Position: 3rd base
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: varies
Bats: Chainsaws
Throws: Chainsaws
Avg: .222
Trivia!: Jason occasionally has difficulty staying on task and needs frequent redirection. Does not work well with others. Does a great job with coloring tasks, especially the color red.

PaltryExcuse
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Name: Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Position: Shortstop
Height: 6’ 6”
Weight: 195 lbs
Bats: Corked
Throws: Benjamins
Avg: .202
Trivia!: You just can’t let go, can you?

silverbullet999
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Townie PRs

Name: Milton Teagle Simmons
Position: Catcher
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 87 lbs
Bats: No
Throws: Sissy
Avg: .012
Trivia!: Mr. Simmons enjoys long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, aerobic workouts, and getting to squat behind other men all day. ...

curiouskarmadog
. You are a
Cop
. Hey look, a donut! Ha ha, just kidding. That was just a guy stealing the radio from your squad car. You should probably go waddle after him or something.

As a cop you get to be super nosy! Each night you may target a player, and I’ll tell you if they’re either town-aligned or mafia-aligned. If I tell you anything else I was probably drunk and you should request the information again. If you fail to submit a target before the deadline then you forfeit it, sorry.

MAFIA

Name: Dewey Duck
Position: Right field
Trivia!: Dewey’s incredibly small strike zone means he always walks. Also, he wears a blue hat!

Chronopie
. You are a
Mafia Goon
. According to Hollywood, you are quite large, square-shaped, dumb, and talk in a funny accent. Please feel free to any or all of these things in the game, though they will probably make the town’s job a little easier.

You have no cool powers or anything, beyond your factional kill of course. Speaking of which, because of the possibilities of watchers or trackers in this game, you must choose one of your members to make the factional kill. If no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. (this may or may not be a good thing) No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

Oh, one other thing... you have a QuickTopic here available to hatch nefarious plots. Please do all your plotting at night since that’s when nefariousism is at its best.

You win when the remaining members of your faction equal or outnumber the remaining townies, and nothing can prevent the same. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.
Name: Mega Man
Height: 4’ 3”
Weight: 326 lbs
Bats: Laser
Throws: Yes
Avg: .327
Trivia!: Mega Man’s cannon of an arm lays waste to opposing batters!

Austin Newman
. You are a
Mafia Goon
. According to Hollywood, you are quite large, square-shaped, dumb, and talk in a funny accent. Please feel free to any or all of these things in the game, though they will probably make the town’s job a little easier.

You have no cool powers or anything, beyond your factional kill of course. Speaking of which, because of the possibilities of watchers or trackers in this game, you must choose one of your members to make the factional kill. If no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. (this may or may not be a good thing) No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

Oh, one other thing... you have a QuickTopic here available to hatch nefarious plots. Please do all your plotting at night since that’s when nefariousism is at its best.

You win when the remaining members of your faction equal or outnumber the remaining townies, and nothing can prevent the same. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.
Name: Richard John Cyril "Rick" Allen
Height: 5’ 9”
Bats: left (?)
Throws: right
Avg: .174
Trivia!: When Def Leppard is not on tour, Rick enjoys pummeling batters in the left arm with fastballs.

smashbro_of_the_SSS
. You are a
Mafia Goon

Name: Lars Ulrich
Position: 3rd base
Height: 5’ 7”
Bats: Drumsticks
Throws: Lawsuits
Avg: .139
Trivia!: Lars scans the iPods of anyone who makes it to 3rd for copyrighted songs.

Zorblag
. You are a
Mafia Ninja
. Why is there a ninja on a baseball team? Exactly!

Because you’re super special, you may choose to kill a target at night without having to worry about pesky snooping trackers or watchers getting in your way. Doing so constitutes using your factional kill. BTW, if no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. (this may or may not be a good thing) No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

Kappa
Just Monika
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Yaaaaaaaaaaay I survived :)

Comments:
-The modding flavor was absolutely amazing but we could have used a few more votecounts and such earlier in the game
-You can see it in the maf quicktopic (its in the PMs) but I thought smash would get lynched a lottttttt sooner after his attempt to make the cop look shady after the guilty on Chrono d2
-I thought I played pretty decently here with the exception of the days Confid and SB got lynched- By that time I was kind of making excuses to get on their wagons, saying that Confid needed to explain himself with my vote for him, and SB played pretty scummy for most of the game but I thought he started looking a lot more townie the day he got lynched with how he acted under pressure.
-My Biggest fear was that someone would catch on to smash soft-defending me in response to both SB's and shotty's attacks on me, it was probably the best reason to suspect me especially at 3-way LYLO. posts are shrunk so it doesn't take up a whole bunch of space if you don't want to see 'em.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:As for drmyshotty, he has seldom given a case to work with. The only one he has is...Chrono, based on the idea of his lurking. He either votes for Chrono at the beginning of Day 2 or wants to (he bolds just Chrono's name, no vote before it), and then ends up actually joining the wagon after the cop claims a guilty. I see this as an easy way to distance from his buddy, then after the cop claim, he had no choice but to vote for him at the end of the day. He is constantly putting people close to a lynch in a one or two line post, giving no case to support his vote. This has always happened to be mislynches, aside from the Chrono case. Even now, in Lylo, he doesn't present a case for either me or Gamma, merely saying that we are his suspects. Any reason for those accusations shotty?
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:oh, and silver. about people posting. sorry to tell you, but there are people who posted less.
---dr. and tume add up to 34
---Kage has 17
---singer/prox/paltry is 34
---and I have 18.
does that make all of us scum? what was your point about posts and gamma. I know that i personally tend to post less, and make sure that my posts are relevant and decent when I make them, as opposed to putting every thought i have down right when it comes to me.

-Troll getting modkilled suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked but I thought it was a good decision modding-wise, especially when Troll used the rule himself to get Col. Cathart modkilled when his mom was in the hospital : /.
-If there was a tracker+watcher in the game it would have been a lot harder for us if we didn't get them out of the way before Troll got killed, and after Troll got modkilled I pretty much just assumed that there weren't any more PRs in the game since if there were and we didn't luck out with accidently killing a townie-looking one we would be pretty hard up anyway.

Uuuuuuuuuh I think that's about it. Sorry I didn't get to be town with you guys!
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 am

Post by KageLord »

Now I just feel silly. I was honestly leaning toward you might be scum and drmy is just a super scummy player no matter what he is, but the end was just too much. If the scumminess factor was given points out of 100, by the end it would have been something like Gamma - 25 and drmy - 90. Not much of a choice as far as I saw.

But well done. Good decision-making as far as who to NK goes.

And Son Goku is ultimately defeated by... Mega Man. >>
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

gamma was definitely the MVP of the mafia, if not the whole game here. Kinda surprised I did last fairly long, and when it was obvious that I was going to be lynched, I wanted to try and set up shotty and singer as my two suspects because I had already accused shotty (i think) and there was no chance of a singer mislynch. i was going to make a case for kage, but figured it would be better to avoid him and hopefully set up the idea that he was my buddy.

gamma brought up about me soft-defending gamma, which i really didn't realize could be a big potential problem. It just happened that shotty never presented much of a case on you, and you actually had a decent number of votes.

so, shotty, how did you guess it was us and why not give a case for it?

oh, and i loved the flavor of this. i've watched lost too, so i appreciated it too. The last one was amazing, even though I knew what was going to happen, and you should really keep up that in your other games, papa.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Chronopie »

lol. Huey, Dewey and Louie were all in this game. Interesting Flavour.

But as I said before being Scum w/out Roleblocker meant that we had a clear shot at the cop, once he claimed.

Scum MVP: Gamma, for sure.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

hey i was right!
#freeShotty
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Gammagooey wrote:we could have used a few more votecounts and such earlier in the game
Is this the consensus? Cuz I kinda did that on purpose but if it was annoying I can certainly change that.

I was excited to see Gamma vs. AGar, and I complained when they killed him.

Modkills make me </3 The BaM ruleset is pretty forgiving in most respects but, especially in a game this large with just one NK a day, the quick deadlines were really necessary.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:i've watched lost too, so i appreciated it too. The last one was amazing, even though I knew what was going to happen, and you should really keep up that in your other games, papa.
Is it good or bad that I've never seen Lost and don't know what it's about? >_>

I came to MS.net from a different site, and elaborate flavor is part of the norm there. I always do this in my games, and typically I do individualized PMs too but I just didn't have time.
Kappa
Just Monika
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm still kicking myself for not making a case against Gamma when I had the chance. Even though I mostly trusted he was town, it would've been beneficial to have cases for all suspicions I had. Toward the end I started realizing how I couldn't just write him off as town (voting first didn't bode well for you Gamma, that's part of the reason why I became so suspicious), especially since I knew shotty was...not the best townie, lol. Sorry guys, I really tried. <3
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

>.> I can't say this for ABSOLUTELY sure but I'm pretty sure that in this game I would have still been the first to vote if I was town (assuming you're talking about the day smash got lynched and not shotty), there had been pretty much a week full of nothing and it would be a lot better to have one day for everyone else to think about the new vote-stuffs and focus on the two players involved instead of just waiting for everyone to vote at the last minute, especially when nobody was saying anything anyway.
Plus IF YOU CAN KEEP A SECRET
I'm usually more cautious as scum than town.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 am

Post by AGar »

Zito can confirm, but we were playing 2s one night after I died on SC2 and he told me Gamma was scum, and I pretty much shit a brick.

WP Gamma.

I didn't suspect Smash because he really just lurked mostly. I tend to ignore lurkers, which is probably a flaw, but outside of BaM it gets fixed by replacements.

Town was generally lost this game, I noted. CP lynch came by way of cop investigation and Troll got MKed. Not really successful at picking out scum.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Zorblag »

Congratulations scum, good work pushing through the victory after I let you down. Thanks for the great flavor and the modding Papa Zito and for the play from everyone else.

I'm certainly not pleased that I ended up getting mod killed (it was the correct decision under the BaM ruleset and there's no one to complain to about it but myself) but I'm not hugely distraught either; I had other things I was handling that were more important to me at the time. It does mean that I'm blacklisted from BaM ruleset games in the future but we can all live with that. I wasn't expecting that particular day to end so soon but I also really wasn't feeling up to playing any mafia at the time.

I went into the game with a well established point of view that the setup favored the scum and really, nothing in the game changed that. Even if the F11 setup is balanced on it's own doubling the number of both scum and town isn't a good way to preserve that balance. I sort of think that it might be more balanced if it was simply a 3 man scum team from the start and the same distribution of power roles (which is close to what my being mod-killed reduced it to given that there weren't a tracker and watcher in the game) but it would still be pretty long. The short deadlines were certainly a good thing for this game but somehow with a game this size it would be pretty helpful to have another source of kills (town or third party) just to get through some of the excess players.

In any case, good luck to everyone in future games!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:37 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Wish people would listen to me for once...

both my two suspects getting killed that one night easily makes me scape goat and what does town do? flail.
... People were right it seems....
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

thanks for the game mod
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

AGar wrote:Zito can confirm, but we were playing 2s one night after I died on SC2 and he told me Gamma was scum, and I pretty much shit a brick.

WP Gamma.

I didn't suspect Smash because he really just lurked mostly. I tend to ignore lurkers, which is probably a flaw, but outside of BaM it gets fixed by replacements.

Town was generally lost this game, I noted. CP lynch came by way of cop investigation and Troll got MKed. Not really successful at picking out scum.
BRICKS HAVE BEEN SHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#freeShotty
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by AGar »

I dunno how I feel about the setup.

I think large setups with just one killing party benefit scum inherently, as the odds of hitting scum don't increase by leaps and bounds each day, but at the same time, it gives scum more time to slip. Mathematically it's a scum-favored setup, I think, but theoretically it should be balanced with baseline play.

I still disagree with CKD's play as a cop, but I think that's simply a difference in play style.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:both my two suspects getting killed that one night easily makes me scape goat and what does town do? flail.
I'll be brutally honest here. You were the scapegoat not because your suspects were killed but because you pushed a case based on OMGUS, which is anti-town. It's very easy to distrust someone who's pushing a case on you, so that part is forgiven. However, it was really, really frustrating dealing with you after a while, as soon as I realized your reaction mirrored (almost exactly) another townie I tunneled in another game... because you weren't going to listen to a word I said, and you kept confirming everything I said as pro-scum. Please reread this game when you have the time and don't repeat that mistake.

Gammagooey, very well-played. smashbro_of_the_SSS, don't hesitate to hammer town; your hesitation to hammer Beefster without any justifiable reason was scummy. Prox, if you read this, don't do IioA walls like that again.

curiouskarmadog's cop claim was a little hasty, but I don't know if I'd have done anything differently in that situation. As far as he knew, scum were driving the lynch away from Chronopie, and it's surprisingly difficult to lynch someone because they're lurking when there's a clearly anti-town player sitting right there. (IIRC, there was more to the Chronopie case, but the ConfidAnon case became more and more convincing.)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 am

I'll be brutally honest here. You were the scapegoat not because your suspects were killed but because you pushed a case based on OMGUS...
this isn't true, I find people scummy from what they say. Most of your reasoning was bs imo and you twisted my words and such. Town tunneled like it was their job even when I presented this problem that they were tunneling heavily and were clearing the rest based on little to nothing. But what did town do? Continued the tunneling. Again town flail.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 am

I mean hell gamma even admits that his reasoning on hopping my wagon were shoddy... and what did i do... point this out in game. But everyone tunneled me, threw my words to the curb and completely ignored them, and throws my words aside because they think i'm scum.

Honestly though If I were scum... why the hell would I kill off my "top" suspect? I was the scapegoat cause town tunneled. simple.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:13 am

Post by KageLord »

silverbullet999 wrote:I mean hell gamma even admits that his reasoning on hopping my wagon were shoddy... and what did i do... point this out in game. But everyone tunneled me, threw my words to the curb and completely ignored them, and throws my words aside because they think i'm scum.

Honestly though If I were scum... why the hell would I kill off my "top" suspect? I was the scapegoat cause town tunneled. simple.
Also because you were generally difficult. Refusing to seriously answer questions is anti-town/scummy. Plain and simple.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L

Return to “Completed Open Games”