SURVIVOR: CFOK! (MOOSPIKER WINS! FEEDBACK?)

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:41 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Crazy wrote:RECK, I promised you that I wanted to keep you around until right before the FTC and then vote you off. I kept that promise.

Drench is the only person I backstabbed in this game. He's the one that should be mad, not you. I kept you 3 Tribal Councils longer than when you were SUPPOSED to leave.

If I voted off Moo tonight, then
that
would be a backstab.
Actually you also backstabbed Black and Kage
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

^
green shirt thursdays
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Crazy »

mallowgeno wrote:
Crazy wrote:RECK, I promised you that I wanted to keep you around until right before the FTC and then vote you off. I kept that promise.

Drench is the only person I backstabbed in this game. He's the one that should be mad, not you. I kept you 3 Tribal Councils longer than when you were SUPPOSED to leave.

that
would be a backstab.
That's debatable. I'd argue "no," but just like with RECK, I can see the argument for "yes," even though by his definition, you can hardly breathe without "backstabbing" someone.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by KageLord »

Crazy wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:

that
would be a backstab.
That's debatable. I'd argue "no," but just like with RECK, I can see the argument for "yes," even though by his definition, you can hardly breathe without "backstabbing" someone.
Eh, idk. If Crazy stabbed us, so did Moo, Reck, and mallow. I consider each a bit of backstabbing, even though it wasn't specifically stated that we were to be together until the finals. When forming an alliance, unless you are specifically notified that you are out of the alliance and there is a legit reason for it, I think it's still somewhat backstabbing. That said, this game is inherently about backstabbing. I have no hard feelings about it (though I do know who I'm likely to vote now).

By the way, out of those names I put up there, Reck is the one I consider backstabbed me the least. With the counter-alliance thing, I'm pretty sure it was stated at the forming that it was to be a counter-alliance against
Reck
, Cybele, Drench, and dram. Right there in the purpose statement is our stated dissolving point (when the people we are against are all out).
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Crazy, if you deny backstabbing me and Kage, you will not get my vote and it would go to mallow.

<3

Kage, Reck backstabbed you when he (A) formed alliances and didn't tell us and (B) planned on voting you off at final 7.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

touche Kagelord. I see what you're saying. Thanks for the warning by the way. Reck told me Crazy had planned to vote me out at the final 5. The only reason he didn't was because Moo hadn't voted for Reck yet.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Chevre »

Tribal Council

Green Tribe
- Results

mallowgeno
, since you have Immunity, you are safe.

Crazy
, with 0 votes, you are safe.

Moospiker
, with 1 vote, you are safe.

That means
xRECKONERx
, with 3 votes, you have been eliminated.

The
REAL FINAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE
will be presented tomorrow.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Awwwww, there goes the person I wanted to win.

I can not comprehend the faintest idea of why yall kept him over me. He would have had Drench, Cybele, dramonic as well as my vote in the bag (my goal was to take out Drench & Cybele, and I honestly felt bad for voting off dram cuz I did like Reck and had Reck told me he wanted to include me in the final four JUST A ROUND EARLIER before we made our move and I had gathered the troops, things would have been completely different).
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by KageLord »

Yeah, I didn't really understand Berry going before Reck either. I thought it would be Reck, then Berry, then me and/or mallow, ending with Crazy and Moo.
Show

Record:

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Welp.
Crazy isn't winning, I can tell you that much.
green shirt thursdays
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Drench »

Crazy's broken Rule 2, but hey, Rules 1 and 5 may just save him.

random.org is my jury vote btw
join your union
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

I'm going to strangle Chevre
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Crazy »

Epic fail. I wanna screw this game and call a draw between me/Moo/mallow/RECK.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Especially since I could've won the first immunity challenge...and if I hadn't, you would've...and that would've changed everything.
green shirt thursdays
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Chevre »

JUST KIDDING!

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL - Oh, my grash, gals.

OPENING STATEMENTS

CRAZY!

MALLOWGENO!

MOOSPIKER!

Each of you has 48 hours to make an opening statement to the jury. It may be as long or as brief as you like; you don't even have to do one if you wish.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Crazy »

I backstabbed you implicitly then, Berry. <3

As for RECK, perhaps I should have just added an "if this game has a F3 jury vote, then I'm going to vote you off at F4" clause to our contract. :) But when we made that deal, I was totally assuming a F2, and I
would
have kept my word in that instance.

I'll get my jury statement up later. At least this game isn't totally tainted. It's better than Survivor: Fiji anyway, which was a great season that was ruined by horrible, screwy twists.
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Moospiker »

I want kittens
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Drench »

Where are our kittens chevre
join your union
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

omg just clicked this thread and read comments about me.

hehehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc

are my quiet retorts
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Okay,

My strategy at the beginning was to try to lay low and not get a lot of attention. This failed miserably because for the first challenge I rushed my submission because I wanted to submit on time. This put a target on me and animorph because ani had no submitted I believe. However I survived into the first tribe shuffle and alligned myself with animorph.

Then there was the second tribe shuffle. I'm fairly certain Drench picked me to be on his tribe so they could vote me out if we ever lost a challenge. We only lost 1 and that was because every tribe didn't want to give up immunity challenges. I made the submission for my tribe for the food immunity challenge and won it for my tribe.

At the merge Blackberry pulled five of us together to take down the powerful quartet. 3 went without question. Blackberry hit the sword because if he would have been in the finals, he would have won. Now Kage warned me that Crazy was coming after me but I didn't believe him. Looks like he intended to backstab me however...

I think I've played a great game. I won several challenges and survived targets on my back. Thank you!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Congrats on getting my vote, mallow.
green shirt thursdays
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by KageLord »

mallowgeno wrote:Now Kage warned me that Crazy was coming after me but I didn't believe him. Looks like he intended to backstab me however...
Note for the others: this was before it was announced that there would be an F3 instead of F2. At the time (F5), I assumed (pending the results of ICs) I would become 5th, mallow 4th, Reck 3rd (or Reck 4th, mallow 3rd), and then final between Crazy and Moo.

Before then, if mallow, Crazy, and Moo had gone along with the counter-alliance until the end, it would have been Reck 6th, then whoever between the team of BB and I and the team of Crazy and Moo could get mallow would practically ensure (unless the remaining person not on the team won immunity twice in a row) a final between those 2.
Show

Record:

Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:22 am

Post by Moospiker »

To be honest, I don't think I deserve to win. I've pretty much taken a low profile for the first half then ridden along with Crazy for the second.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Who is the jury made up of?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Crazy »

Okay, well I'm a big fan of the real show, Survivor, as most of you have probably realized due to my constant reference to it. So my plan was to take what I know from strategy on the real show, plus how previous games on this forum have worked out.

First of all, I didn't want to be in the spotlight early on. My last Survivor game (U-Pick), I emerged as the early leader, and while that led to a lot of easy alliances, it also made me the scapegoat of everything - I had tried to be as diplomatic as possible, yet everyone was still like "OMG THIS WAS CRAZY'S IDEA." And then I was voted off pre-merge. So then I realized, the point of the pre-merge isn't to get
power
; it's more to just have
safety

Another thing I wanted to make sure was that I didn't have too many alliances - before this game, I had a tendency to always play both sides, but then as Devotress (winner of U-Pick) pointed out, lying so much in the early game makes you appear untrustworthy in the endgame, so you won't be able to pull off the power plays when you
need
to. So I asked Drench for an alliance, and Flava, and I think maybe RECK. Of those, Drench was the one that really made a difference. You guys might be able to say I rode Drench's coat-tails for a portion of the early game, and that's a pretty accurate interpretation, though I did so knowingly, and I knew from the beginning that I'd never be able to go with Drench all the way to the end - either he wouldn't take me (which I don't think he would have), or he'd smother me in a jury vote.

So at that point, I knew Drench wouldn't get rid of me until at least after the merge, since there would be little point in doing so - he had more visible enemies than me at that point. But just to seal my fate towards the merge, I snagged a double-vote at the auction and promised to use it against the other tribe. I likened it to Tom Westman at the time, but it can be likened better to what Marty and Jill did by showing the Hidden Immunity Idol towards the tribe (which I firmly believe was a good strategy, though the Tribal Switch might screw them over). Now, in addition to appearing totally harmless, I was useful, so there was nearly zero chance that I was going home. I'll note that I never actually needed the double-vote, but I think it helped keep me safe until the merge and win some alliances post-merge.

After a while, I began to think about how I would be part of the inevitable power shift that would give me control over the game. My first thought wasn't Berry; it was PEG. At some point, (I can't remember exactly when), I made an alliance with him and with Moospiker. I didn't want to make it known that I was betraying Drench though; at Zang's elimination, I didn't vote, in order to avoid any commitment. Zang went home instead of PEG, which was good for me. However, Drench and his alliance unknowingly outplayed me at the next TC by promising to vote for Berry, but then actually voting for PEG. That tripped me up, but since Drench never actually
told
me that Berry was part of the alliance, I was able to plead ignorance, so he didn't know I was betraying him.

With PEG gone, I needed to find someone else that would help me carry out a power shift. I went to Berry, mostly because I voted for him (weird logic, but it gave me a reason to PM him.) I apologized for voting for him, and I was like "OMG I thought they were voting for you! I'm SORRY!" then I asked if I could have an alliance with him. Berry ended up being way more useful than I had even anticipated; he told me loads of good information like the Drench/Cybele/RECK/dramonic F4 deal, and he was the main reason that the F9 power shift was successful. Now I had made the alliance with Berry way before the F9, but for a while we decided to hold out (and keep with the main alliance) until it was the optimal time. On retrospect, I probably should have thrown the F10 IC and not let Espeonage get eliminated; it was really risky going to the F9, but it ended up working out.

After dramonic's elimination, I still wasn't in a position of ultimate power, but I had found safety with Berry's clan, and that safety went a little bit farther than anything I could get from Drench. If the alliance held together, I had F5, but my goal at that point was to make sure I made it past F5. Luckily for me, I didn't have to ask anybody, because RECK came to me and offered me F2. I had to decline and offer F3 instead, since I knew I wouldn't be able to beat him in F2. At that time, I was under the impression that the jury vote would be a F2, and I made it clear to him that I wanted to vote him off right before the final vote. He now thinks I backstabbed him, though that was never my intention.

Anyway, I made a goal with RECK and Moospiker that we'd vote off Berry at F6 (since I had my double-vote). Berry was the easy target since he was the main orchestrator of the F9 power shift, which meant that he could beat anybody in the jury that was left at F6, except maybe RECK. I wanted to make sure that Drench and Cybele left before that happened though; because not only were they huge strategic and jury threats, getting rid of them destroyed RECK's main way of getting rid of me after Berry's elimination, if he tried to go down that route. Mallow also contacted me during that time and offered F3 with me/Moospiker. It would be stupid to blow him off, so I kept him around in the chance that the game had a F3 jury vote instead of a F2, since I knew I'd need someone else other than RECK in the finals. I felt that I was forced to make conflicting deals with RECK and mallow because I didn't know what the future would hold in the game, so I covered both options. Ultimately, my plan was to take both of them to the F4, and then either get rid of mallow (in the case of a F2 jury vote) or get rid of RECK (in the case of a F3 jury vote.) I felt that I was upfront with RECK that I didn't want to take him to the end, but I do think I was being deceptive to mallow, and I'm free to say that because he's not on the jury. XD

Through all this time I was really paranoid, though. I'm not sure how many schemes there were to get rid of me; I'm just grateful that none of them succeeded. I did have to lie to mallow/Kage/Berry at F7 when I voted for Cybele when I was supposed to vote for RECK; I just needed to ensure RECK's safety.

At F6, my long-term plan succeeded, and Berry left. I wondered if it would have been better to get rid of Kage at F6 (since I was worried about him aligning with mallow), but that would have been harder to pull off, and I couldn't justify to anyone else why Kage should leave before Berry, who was a bigger jury threat.

At F5, I couldn't convince mallow to get rid of Kage, but thankfully, Moospiker voted with me and Kage left. I was worried that it would come down to RECK or mallow going, and I would have voted out mallow if it came down to that, but it didn't.

When the torch walk happened at F4, that made me assume a F3 jury vote instead of a F2, so I conspired with Moo and mallow to share our answers for the IC to prevent RECK from winning. Since mallow ended up winning immunity, the plan worked out, and RECK had to go. If it was a F2, then I would have shared with Moo/RECK instead of Moo/mallow.

So I made it to the F3 with Moo and mallow, which was (one) of my ultimate goals. I think I did play a very good game; I always knew what I was doing, whether it was being UTR in the beginning, or taking charge in the end, and I did what I think was the best way to get to the end with the people that I
wanted
to take to the end. I obviously didn't mean to offend anyone by playing this game, but if you guys have any questions for me, I'll be glad to answer them. Peace. :D

Return to “Social Game Archive”