Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Tasky »

PS: this game has motivated me to read Discworld novels. Today they arrived and I am going to start reading soon.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Narsis »

yay we won!

for the record: i hate playing as a doctor.

so if anyone is interested here's some of my thought patterns on my protects:

Night 1: Thor. this one was a toss up between the 4 players i found to be the most protown: Thor, Plum, Tasky, and Mysterio. i removed Tasky from the list, mostly cause my gut screamed that he had been harsh buddying to me. but i wasn't completely sure. Mysterio i removed from the list because well i had suspected him Day 1. even so my gut actually suspected a kill against him, but i ignored it (mistake yeah i know). then i used the power of random.org to choose between Thor and Plum(both of whom were in my mind very protown players on Day 1).

Night 2: Vas. this was of the three nights i was alive the easiest one to decide. with Mysterio(the person with the Day 1 power) dead the previous night, i suspected that scum would attempt to do the same, especially since Vas had caught scum on the daycop and i for one trusted his claim completely. after stopping the kill, i was overjoyed. it wasn't confirmed that i had stopped the kill, but i was very convinced that i had.

Night 3: TBM. another toss up. this one between TBM, Vas, FG, and Budja. considering how the play had gone the previous days with TBM all over Vas, i suspected that if both were town one would be a target to throw suspicion against the other. because as much as we say we wouldn't be swayed to believe a players case after their flip, we are...at least somewhat. FG was a consideration cause he got the Day power, but i had begun to suspect as Thor had that the powers were receivable by the mafia.(note: my suspicion of this changed once no-one received a power Day 5. i was sure then that only town got the powers.) he also was a player that would have perhaps been a good middle of the road type of kill, someone not overly town, but who suspicion was dying on. Budja was a consideration as he had been playing more and more town-like as the game progressed and they may have wanted to get rid of a player that had no suspicion on them. there was a problem however...my gut screamed that i was going to be the night kill target. and i'm being serious...(want proof? the mod can confirm it!) but since i couldn't protect myself. :( so i went with TBM in the end because if TBM was town i viewed him as the most likely nk(next to me).

anyway...i am interested though: why did scum target who they did on the various nights? also any chance to get the scum QT linked here?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Budja wrote:The flavour was good. I liked your attempt at capturing Pratchett's style*.
I am surprised with the way you assigned PR's, I really was expecting them to be handed out by scum at the end :P. FG was right for the wrong reasons.

*including footnotes.
:up: Very much this. All of it

I was actually dropping crumbs too at the end, but they were attempts to make sure Budja went to the block and not FG, as I had sussed to FG being town by that point (though I still hated the bulk of his play ;) )

TBM played a pretty solid game (oddly enough I thought he looked most townish when assaulting VV - more the fool I), if only he could have gotten Budja to investigate him I think it would have caused serious problems for town in the late game and gotten a scum win as we probably would have done FG and then Thor/Budja.

Very fun game, would happily play with all of you again.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:46 am

Post by VasudeVa »

It took all of my will power to not investigate TBM. XD. I had a hunch he was scum, but I was thinking he was a scum-temp-day godfather, something like a scum anti-thesis for the Town powers.

Lookie what I found!
Vas #479, to TBM wrote:1. I know right. Oh, wait was that sarcasm?
If sarcasm: Why?
If not sarcasm: *Virtual Fist Pump!*
2. None, but hey panic has many faces.

This political smear campaign you are doing is just horrible. You are nit-picking my words and choosing the most vague ones and then giving a bad interpretation. I know I may not be the best expressor of what I'm doing but I'm generating a fuckload of content and catching scum, whatever you're doing is a horrible unprecedented tunnel on me.

Are you scum tempday-godfather or something?
I love being right.

Good job to Town for catching scum after I was gone~ I think that Town played pretty strongly in this game. It was a combination of statistics, scumhunting and coordination that helped us pull through.

TBM actually played well. I had a strong feeling he was scum, but he was playing the 'too scummy for scum' card really well. I was following the game after I died, and I couldn't resist begging molestar to tell me who the last scum is because of his play. My final guess was actually Thor AND Budja for the last scum-lovers.

Good job, molestar! I really liked the Day powers per day system, it opened a lot of strategy for Day play and some smart Setup-WIFOMing(which is fun, although usually useless. Still, I liked how we somehow worked out the setup.). My favorite moment was getting daycop and then purposely acting scummy and retarded to attract the scum votes. xD.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

GG everyone; This game reminded me just why I hate the cop role so much, set-up seemed quite unbalanced from my end. I think your underestimating just how powerful Daycops are.

The doc protect was the turning point here, after it we were back peddling the entire game. I really wanted to kill Thor but never got the chance to.
VasudeVa wrote:My favorite moment was getting daycop and then purposely acting scummy and retarded to attract the scum votes. xD.
Don't be proud of that, your play was about the only reason the scum stood a chance. Also I would have attacked you exactly the same if I was Godfather or not, I wasn't attacking you trying to get investigated.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 am

Post by molestargazer »

I must admit once I'd started the game and got to maybe D2 I knew the Lie Detect on D4 was a bad idea. It being horrible modding practice to do such a thing, I didn't change it.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:46 am

Post by FakeGod »

YEAH WE WON

I don't think I'll be trying "build fake cases on people who are town to draw attention" strategy anytime soon, as it was worthless and only caused confusion in this game.

After I straightened up and played straight, I think I came across as town to most players toward the end, which was good.

btw, I had town read on TBM throughout the entire game. I admit he had me fooled.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

mod, are you going to post the Mafia QT and/or Dead QT?

Calling all touhou fans!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:49 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Also long as my scum mates don't mind them I'm okay with Scum QT being posted.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Tasky »

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

TheButtonmen wrote:I really wanted to kill Thor but never got the chance to.
But I'm universally loved, I should never be the night kill.

I'd think come Day 3 I would have been a bit more friendly towards the scums just because I couldn't believe the town-confirm mechanic (still almost can't)

@FG - totally agree with you here, if you hadn't done that weird action on VV I'm not sure you would have even particularly got on my scum radar, and it was your later play that convinced me again of you being town (took a while though, I came pretty darn close to not unvoting you when I did).
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:57 am

Post by FakeGod »

cheers to Thor (along with others) who somehow figured out I'm town :D

Calling all touhou fans!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:03 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Thor665 wrote:@jimfinn - You're right, this is some strange 8:4 uber scum team vs. auto clearing bastard town mod setup. The problem is they haven't realized yet that they need to target the mod with their NK in order to win.
This quote made me actually laugh out loud when I read it.

Turns out you can't kill the mod though. :P
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I might need to run that game sometime. ;)
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Overall, the Jailkeeper claim fit my fake-claim flavour. Naturally, once the doc flipped, I knew my time was limited.

I note that I was advocating NK'ing Budja-Lover, but was overrode by TBM to kill Narsis-Doc instead. Might have swung the game in our favour. oh well.

I liked the flavour. :D
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Budja »

Lover's QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/MjZDuG4NLVkT

I did underestimate you Chrono :P.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Better to be suspected of VI-town, than picked out as scum. :P
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Budja - y'know, looking back at that QT, I'm almost embarrassed you and I weren't an even better force for town - we were pretty dead to rights on every call we made.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Budja »

Yeah, well I ended up second guessing my every read in the end and we didn't really trust each other.
After this, I think it would be a lot of fun to play as a Mason.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, Masons are like in-game Hydras. I think they're fast becoming my favorite role after vanilla town, as it's sorta like being VT but with a sounding board.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Narsis »

yeah. i /in'd for a large theme called Hydra Mafia. it's going to be lots of fun. :) too bad it's full or i'd point you over to the sign-ups. :D
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Bah, it's a Large Theme - I can always replace in.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Budja »

The way you could work as a team (much like a "town scum-team") interests me. I think conflicting reads and playstyles would make being a Hydra quite difficult.

If we were confirmed Thor, I think we would have been more effective. Trust is quite powerful.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Plum »

Honestly - and I say this as after-game thoughts in a slight rush - the Lovers were a little too easily confirmed, being Carrot and Angua. Obviously we knew the nature of the safeclaims, but it simply would've been a bit weird to
not
have that pan out - I mean, if Carrot dies and then Angua reacts, fine, but if Carrot dies and spontaneously turns out to have been a baddie in disguise, Angua's just going to get ticked off; she's not going to angst or anything, as far as I'd think. Having said that, scum safeclaims/fakeclaims were a tad bit weak. The fact that Town had Vimes
and
Carrot/Angua (
and
Nobby Nobbs) - well, maybe Colon had just never made that much impression on me, but Vimes and Carrot at least are really strong claims.

I digress. I
mostly
didn't trust the Lovers because I didn't trust Budja because he seemed to slip under the radar quite a bit.

The game wasn't very much unbalanced. I think we're underestimating exactly what would've happened if, as was perfectly plausible, the scumteam killed Budja the Night they failed to kill VV. That said two Cop-type detections was a bit much (and a bit swingy with Godfather around) - given the rest of the setup I might've given the scum a one-shot Rolecop as well, useful in finding/narrowing down options for the Lovers and Doctor (Doctor was a bit much with one-shot Daycop-type roles, which scum really could'nt defend against very well).

The game really went to the Town because, despite some pressures, we managed to play well as a team. It could've been even better, but Townie-identification went very well, and even though I had TBM as Town for a while for the same reasons Thor did, the Town unity worked well. It could've gone even better if Budja was as vocal about me being obv-Town in the thread earlier in the game, but I dunno.

Anyway, this game makes me feel happy about my scumhunting. I
think
I would've gone for Tasky Day 2 had there not been an investigation.
VasudeVa wrote:Good job to Town for catching scum after I was gone~ I think that Town played pretty strongly in this game. It was a combination of statistics, scumhunting and coordination that helped us pull through.
That's basically it.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Is there a dead thread?

Calling all touhou fans!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”