Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You know, I think the optimal strategy is really to kill off the kingsguard if you're scum in it. Maybe leave one or two members alive for WIFOM purposes, but they seem like very good targets in the early game to eliminate.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I so picked Mac and Rai day one. I also picked SSBF as antitown. So yes, my theory was bullshit and I was wrong about Dripp but bugger it, damn it all to hell, fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck!

Good game guys and thanks mods :D
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:55 am

Post by MacavityLock »

julienvonwolfe wrote:I so picked Mac and Rai day one. I also picked SSBF as antitown. So yes, my theory was bullshit and I was wrong about Dripp but bugger it, damn it all to hell, fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck!
Oh, right, I forgot about your "one of every team" scum team. Sorry we had to kill you for it :}
Mina wrote:You know, I'd be interested in hearing if any unspoiled spectators were swayed by Mac's pleas at any point, or if they were banging their heads against the wall in disgust the whole time.
I'd be interested to hear this too.

Another fun Day 1 catch:
MacavityLock wrote:SSBF: Scummy, due to apologizing for what is unnecessary to apologize for.
Magna: Scummier, due to latching on to "parroting" without looking at context, attempting an easy dig.
----

Self-serving note: Anyone who wants to show support for me getting the awesome title "Impin' Ain't Easy" should go to the Title Fairy thread :}
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

VP Baltar wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:
VP wrote:For future reference, a hydra that contradicts itself needs to be lynched asap. They are probably lying scum or VIs (and I hope I'm not considered the latter too much).
I don't think this is true at all.
Why is it not true? Why shouldn't a hydra be coming to compromises in their QT before they post? There is no reason for a town hydra to have a strong contradiction in its posts, just as there is no reason for any other player to have a strong contradiction in their posts.
Why SHOULD they be coming to compromises before posting all the time? Some of the time sure, but I don't think a portion of non-checking in first posting is that bad.
FLASH OF GREEN
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ellibereth wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:
VP wrote:For future reference, a hydra that contradicts itself needs to be lynched asap. They are probably lying scum or VIs (and I hope I'm not considered the latter too much).
I don't think this is true at all.
Why is it not true? Why shouldn't a hydra be coming to compromises in their QT before they post? There is no reason for a town hydra to have a strong contradiction in its posts, just as there is no reason for any other player to have a strong contradiction in their posts.
Why SHOULD they be coming to compromises before posting all the time? Some of the time sure, but I don't think a portion of non-checking in first posting is that bad.
Ok, not compromising is fine when posting in thread as long as both heads agree to that. You shouldn't be able to say one thing and then have your partner come in three posts later and completely contradict that. That's too scummy to write off as simply anti-town. I see I may have to lynch you soon. =_=
YOUR AD HERE

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I don't why it's scummy at all though...(You mean something like this right?):
Head A: W is Scum
*a few posts*
Head B: I disagree with A about W being scum, I think he's town We'll talk about it.
FLASH OF GREEN
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes it's scummy. If I'm a single player in thread, I'm not going to be posting multiple reads on the same person. Being a hydra isn't a get out of jail free card for accountability and generally poor play.
YOUR AD HERE

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I don't think that a single player that keep changing their mind a lot is any scummy or bad either. >.>
Yeah that's probably our main disagreement.
FLASH OF GREEN
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Changing your mind for a thought out reason and lolhydra are not the same thing. I don't mind a player changing his or her mind as long as they can logically explain why they did. Changing reads at a whim with little explanation is scummy...you disagree with that?
YOUR AD HERE

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Changing reads at a whim with little explanation is scummy...you disagree with that?
For the most part, Yeah I do.
I think such changes occur naturally with Town.

Also: Two hydra heads publicly recognize that they disagree about a read but both give logical reasons or whatever. Still scummy to you?
FLASH OF GREEN
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by xvart »

Yes, because it can easily be faked to cover up some bone headed play by scum.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

It could just as easily be two town heads actually disagreeing...
My point is that it's pretty null: I don't see why it would be more prevalent in scum play when it's SO natural to have a read difference in a town hydra.
FLASH OF GREEN
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

In most cases, hydrae should get free passes for contradictions, unless the contradiction is relevant (don't kid yourself... a hydra's read on someone does not constitute relevance) and made by one head on their own.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by LimMePls »

MacavityLock wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:I so picked Mac and Rai day one. I also picked SSBF as antitown. So yes, my theory was bullshit and I was wrong about Dripp but bugger it, damn it all to hell, fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck!
Oh, right, I forgot about your "one of every team" scum team. Sorry we had to kill you for it :}
Mina wrote:You know, I'd be interested in hearing if any unspoiled spectators were swayed by Mac's pleas at any point, or if they were banging their heads against the wall in disgust the whole time.
I'd be interested to hear this too.

Another fun Day 1 catch:
MacavityLock wrote:SSBF: Scummy, due to apologizing for what is unnecessary to apologize for.
Magna: Scummier, due to latching on to "parroting" without looking at context, attempting an easy dig.
----

Self-serving note: Anyone who wants to show support for me getting the awesome title "Impin' Ain't Easy" should go to the Title Fairy thread :}
I'll support that. Great title for you. Where is the thread?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Anybody want to jump into a mini normal I'm running, it has such stars as Benmage and LynchMePls. Day 2 is almost over.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

Seacore wrote:Anybody want to jump into a mini normal I'm running, it has such stars as Benmage and LynchMePls. Day 2 is almost over.
Seacore wrote:Anybody want to jump into a mini normal I'm running, it has such stars as Benmage and LynchMePls. Day 2 is almost over.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Seacore »

Lol
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Well, great, as though that ego needed more food ;)
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by diddin »

Benmage for some reason I read all of your posts with a British accent... no clue why.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Seacore »

Me to,

Specifically Stewie Griffin's
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by diddin »

god dammit Seacore
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

CSL wrote:SSBF, if you killed me, none of this would've happened.
So I should be blamed for killing vezokpiraka over you?

vezokpiraka would have flaked from this game (Due to recent events) had I not killed him. That prevented a late-game replacement and it meant that the players were not forced to read over 2,000 posts just to get into the game. Do you think anyone wants to do that?

It is not my fault that you played so poorly neither is it my fault that you self-hammer, that is your own responsibility. Likewise, I'm not going to butt heads at other people for why I was lynched Day 4 for my bad play here, but I at least am going to move on from it and learn from this game.
Unsight wrote:-
My meta-reads on SSBF
, Vezo, and RichardGHP were all on the money.
Curious to see how I played similarly to my other scum games. IIRC, my scum games were Smash Bros. Mafia (Smash World Forums), Mini 988: Small Town Mafia (Mafiascum), Mini 1005: Mafiaphobes! (Mafiascum), and Open 242: Friends and Enemies (Mafiascum).
Eddard Stark wrote:The scum have a party
I find this a bit humorous.
VP Baltar wrote:2) This game is a lesson that many large games have repeated before, eliminate your VIs as early as possible because they will lose you the game. Scum are not going to do it for you.
While that is a good point, I disagree with killing VI's off as soon as possible.

IMO, there were four to six players that could be considered VI's in this game (Not naming them off, expect for possibly myself if you included my meta from Smash World Forums and this site from my joindate to June, 2010, my play was a lot worse and it showed in earlier games). Going in succession to lynch/vig off VI's is a bad idea and puts down in a terrible position. In small games, it wouldn't be feasible as scum would win if all town players were VI's. Not in favor of quick mass-VI's policy lynch. I understand the benefit of it, but the drawbacks seems too much for me to agree. They are best left for the vig whenever possible to kill.

Also, this is more of a personal thing, but I rarely support policy lynches nowadays. I believe if we are policy lynching, it should be done if it fufills all the circumstances:

- If it's done Day 1.
- If we cannot agree on a lynch candidate for the day.
- If the policy lynch candidate plays directly to his bad playing style meta.

That's the only time IMO, when I think lynching a VI for the sake of policy is good. Other times, it should be up to the Vig/SK to get rid of them.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:13 am

Post by hasdgfas »

SSBF: you weren't VI, you were just obviously scum(at least in my opinion).

And I agree with Baltar. You definitely can't leave the VIs around as long as we did. We probably should have taken CSL out with you in the double lynch(all the way across the sky). VIs just cause way too much town confusion. They can't stick around.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Benmage »

diddin wrote:Benmage for some reason I read all of your posts with a British accent... no clue why.
Hmmmm
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”