nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Either
Vote:Kitoari
or cruelty
Kagelord, if you're going to vig me like Parama suggested, you have to lynch one of those two tomorrow :D
Justice will prevail
\m/
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Moospiker »

PerArdua replaces Seol, and as a result is awesome. This is now a rule. Replacements are awesome.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Parama »

nopointinactingup wrote:Either
Vote:Kitoari
or cruelty
Kagelord, if you're going to vig me like Parama suggested, you have to lynch one of those two tomorrow :D
Kitoari is a doctor <_<
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:23 am

He's a CLAIMED doctor. That's why I'm suspecting him.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Parama »

Watch:
1 vig
1 doctor
1 universal backup
6 townies

claims from yesterday + charter's flip

I see scum being in the townies. Of course, if Kitoari doesn't die tonight then the claim will get weaker (WIFOM though so deal with it).
I see no reason not lynch cruelty and then vig you, nopoint.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:37 am

Post by PerArdua »

Posting to say hello. I'm off to work at the moment but I will return tonight after a reread.
"Watching his tale with the words he unfolds"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Parama »

I thought I recognized the line in your sig so I googled it. Love that song :D
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 am

Post by KageLord »

Parama wrote:Watch:
1 vig
1 doctor
1 universal backup
6 townies
The thing is, the setup seems pretty darn unbalanced so far. I don't know what the remaining scum role is, but we have 3 town roles to 1 scum role if you believe Kitaori.

On the other hand, Kitaori fakeclaiming doc would have been super risky. For all he knew (if he's scum), we could have actually had a doc at that point and that would mean immediate win for us. Unless he knew the setup somehow, I think it's highly unlikely that he's scum.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Kitoari »

I think any setup with scum lynched D1 and the other vigged D2 is going to be screwed to some degree.

Speaking of which, why is the kill flavor "crushed"? That worries me even though flavor in mini normals isn't supposed to affect anything.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Kitoari »

That is, Kage's kill flavor.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by KageLord »

Kitoari wrote:I think any setup with scum lynched D1 and the other vigged D2 is going to be screwed to some degree.
I don't see what the setup has to do with that...
Show

Record:

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by cruelty »

someone please explain to me why parama's innocence is being taken for granted.

(when he cites a double bus as a reason for him not being scum, we're aware that's wifom, correct? [also given the play of dp day one you could make a fairly compelling argument that his lynch was actually beneficial to scum, but that's neither here nor there]).

we have a guy here who's contradicted himself by voting someone other than his #1 suspect after specifically stating that SC was scummy for doing exactly that. also, his votes flip flop throughout day two (wagons, baby), and his reads change (which is fine) without explanation (which isn't). his post 71 (in iso) illustrates exactly what i'm talking about.

i'm also dubious about his early D1 buddying to charter;
parama wrote:Charter is town.
parama wrote:1. Me and charter's playstyles mix together incredibly well
2. Charter has pretty awesome reads already.
most important imo is this;
parama wrote:I'd link you to another game where this
exact same thing happened but it's ongoing
. Like I said, me and charter's playstyles mix really well.
read between the lines; "hey charter we were superpals in another game it's happening again!".

vote: parama
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by cruelty »

oh yeah;
kage wrote:Plus, as you said before, even with a mislynch here, and a misfire at night, we will still have 3-person lylo.
The only flaw in the draw plan is that the remaining scum might be RB
, meaning scum would win if we mislynch at 3.
you're still alive, so this is unlikely. i think the optimal play last night would have been to block kito and kill you. occam's razor suggests no rb. this is not fact, though.

kage wrote:he thing is, the setup seems pretty darn unbalanced so far. I don't know what the remaining scum role is, but we have 3 town roles to 1 scum role if you believe Kitaori.
..unless you're an sk.

the most obvious point against that is killing vibe n1 (once vibe was dead, another scum dying and game continuing = your alignment becomes obvious), except that's null because it was pre-claim. also, charter was a universal back-up rather than a specific back-up (eg: nurse) which implies more than one town role, although i guess that's not necessarily the case.
the nexus of the crisis
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Parama »

and here we have a wild cruelty trying to push a bad mislynch when he knows he can't win
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 am

Post by KageLord »

cruelty wrote:oh yeah;
kage wrote:Plus, as you said before, even with a mislynch here, and a misfire at night, we will still have 3-person lylo.
The only flaw in the draw plan is that the remaining scum might be RB
, meaning scum would win if we mislynch at 3.
you're still alive, so this is unlikely. i think the optimal play last night would have been to block kito and kill you. occam's razor suggests no rb. this is not fact, though.
Possible, but given that charter had a mystery role, perhaps they did block kito and killed charter. It would be risky leaving me alive, but if I didn't show any suspicion of them before N2, I could believe them going for it. But this is just crazy WIFOM.

If they don't have an RB, unless I'm missing something, I think Parama's right in that the worst-case scenario for us is a draw.
Show

Record:

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 am

Post by cruelty »

parama wrote:and here we have a wild cruelty trying to push a bad mislynch when he knows he can't win
lol.

why the step back from the spotlight today man?
the nexus of the crisis
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Parama »

I'm trying to lynch scum. Nobody's talking though. Can we lynch scum faster?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Kitoari »

i'd like to point out that parama's "lol double bus" doesn't work once you consider the following (assuming parama scum):
A) He couldn't have known there was a vig, and that his other partner would die N1.
B) He probably knew he could coast to an easy win if he bused D1, because it just doesn't happen often.

Besides, DP was obvious. It would be hard to NOT bus.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Parama »

If you want to lynch me, go right ahead. Don't yell at me when I flip town and you all look like imbeciles.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Parama »

BTW, this is why cruelty killed charter:
charter wrote:LOL

Please vig Cruelty tonight. He's either scum or going to be a gigantic hindrance to the town if we didn't just win.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Unvote.Vote:Cruelty
. Happy Parama?
@Mod: I request VLA till the end of this week. Family issues. Thanks.
Justice will prevail
\m/
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by PerArdua »

Ok, now that I've read the thread a few times spaced over a couple of days I have a few ideas on where I stand on people and their allegiances.

Firstly, apologies for being a day late with this post. Now onward:

Kitoari
- I believe is pro-town. I believe his/her (didn't look it up) claim and has done nothing to warrant my suspicions. I didn't really feel like the votes for Kit were justified D1 and don't really know what else too say but that Kit's ok in my book as it stands.

Kagelord
- I believe also to be town. The only time my eyebrow was raised was from the Wingless kill. It may just be that I wouldn't have chosen that kill but it just feels off to me. Why not attempt a vig kill on someone you thought was scum and if it didn't work we'd know there was a powerrole left. (Should that sentence end in a period or a question mark?) To me this brings up the possibility that Kage is a SK not a vig. Now that I look back he claimed "town vig." Am I mistaken in thinking that vigs are pro town and SK anti-town? To me saying "town vig" is trying a little to hard if that's the case. However, all this is a little circumstantial and not enough to counter-act the town vibe I still get.

cruelty
- I honestly find the townyest. I feel that the call to lynch him was shortsighted and baseless. I see his cases to be relatively solid and find nothing that jumps out as scummy to me.

Parama
- is my #2 suspect. He started out as a pro town read to me but his playstyle and arrogance bothered me (not a reason to lynch just something that I noticed). What put him on my scum radar was his day 2 actions. Note: the following is well challenged already by cruelty so it may be a bit redundant.
Parama wrote:SC, why your post is so bad:
1. There is at least a 95% chance that we have 1 scum left. So you should vote your #1 suspicion no matter what
2. You really think I'm scum who tried to pull of the epic double-bus... on day 1?
When he had just said:
Parama wrote:Ugh fine
unvote, vote: Stranger

Don't blame me when he flips town. At least let's get some progress in this game - I hate when games stall.
When cruelty brought this up his response was:
Parama wrote:Pro-tip: Reads change. Mine have been doing that a lot - trying to get a good grasp on who's scum and who's town. Have a few solid reads and a few that I'm still uncertain of. TBH, we have the lynches so I don't see the need to be 100% precise but I'd really like to lynch who I think is most likely scum.
You should only be willing to lynch one person a day, and voting for who you find 2nd most suspicious is anti-town. That's the basic flaw with you being willing to vote me when you suspect nopoint more.
Claiming reads change is a poor response to me. It ignores the question of why you voted someone you claimed was town while also saying that
not voting your number 1 is anti-town. By that you're saying that you are anti-town.

Parama then changed vote to cruelty and then back to StrangerCoug when they both questioned his motives. On D3 when cruelty attacks him again he claims it's just a "wild cruelty trying to push a bad mislynch." He doesn't respond to cruelty's actual post and instead asks to quicken the lynches. I feel this justifies my vote for Parama. His redeeming factor? Besides his clearly impeccable taste in music, nopoint.

NoPoint
is either a VI or the last scum. (Assuming there are only 3). He comes into the game with a shoddy case on Stranger right when SC's name is on everyone's list for lynch. I think his vote is opportunistic and he seems to not have read the thread all the way through by saying that SC was flip flopping on his position on DP. This was not happening and NoPoint's obliviousness to this is either him trying to make something out of nothing while everyone else is on board, or he skimmed because he doesn't need to scumhunt (being dirty dirty scum) and put together a case based on partial knowledge.

His vote on Kit seems suspect as well. When questioned his answer was:
nopointinactingup wrote:He's a CLAIMED doctor. That's why I'm suspecting him.
Uh, what? Someone claiming a role means their scum? If so, why not vote Kage? He claimed a killing role afterall. Giving no reason for a vote is pretty scummy.

nopointinactingup wrote:
Unvote.Vote:Cruelty
. Happy Parama?
This is the nail in the coffin. Voting someone to appease another with yet again no reason for your vote? I don't like it one bit.

With this said, I will
vote: nopointinactingup
because I believe him to be the final scum. I very much wish for him to come back and respond and am thusly saddened that he will be V/LA but I stand by my vote. If he is lynched and flips green, I believe Parama to be red and vice versa.
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by PerArdua »

Oh, and what's ISO?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by cruelty »

Parama wrote:BTW, this is why cruelty killed charter:
charter wrote:LOL

Please vig Cruelty tonight. He's either scum or going to be a gigantic hindrance to the town if we didn't just win.
lol

you're saying that crueltyscum saw that quote and thought shit, this dude is a bigger threat to me than the claimed doc+vigi combo?

gimme a break. if anything, charter died specifically so you could pin his death on me.

also, you're not trying to lynch scum, you're not actually saying anything of value (other than pointing to a shabby framejob you're trying to pull). your contributions today have been as follows;

1: speculation setup, slap on the wrist for kage for not shooting 'scum', vote for me (no reason given).
2: complaint that seol was confirmed town.
3: statement that game is ruined.
4: more stuff about seol, make sure 2 people who aren't parama die (no reason given), game should be over. eyeroll.
5: kitoari is a doctor.
6: setup breakdown, scum = in townies. kill these two (no reason given).
7: something about a song (irrelevant).
8: cruelty's gone crazy! none of my points refuted, though.
9: trying to lynch scum (well this clearly isn't really true. i'll concede that you're trying to lynch someone, though).
10: appeal to emotion (you'll look like idiots when i flip town!).
11: drawing attention to a shoddy frame-up (nobody else noticed so you had to point it out yourself. sucks).

no reasons given for anyone being scum other than speculation about the reason charter was killed. lots of suggestions to town that we should do this and that.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”