chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The flavor was changed. scratch/claw marks = werewolf kill, no?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by CSL »

Flavor is for enjoyment, not attacked with WIFOM.

(Yes, I'm posting. Haylen hasn't poked around yet. Stand by for votecount...even though no voting has taken place!)
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh we don't get to know who killed who? usually In the two scum teams I've played with each team has a kill flavor bah :(

Anyway, Today we hunt Quad's partner, because we want to be down to 1 kill per night.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call XIV

Nonvoters -9- chesskid3, Lowell, kunkstar7, Antihero, singersigner, a2rudeboy, Muffin, Pomegranate, Sevei

singersigner is V/LA until the end of Sunday

Muffin is V/LA until the end of Sunday

Deadline is Friday at 7:00pm EST.

9 students in class, 5 expels.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

VOTE: a2rudeboy.

I have a lot of neutral reads right now, and iso'ing a2rb I just find very little actual content.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

anyway what I meant to say is that Uite was obv not a mason so whoever killed him was possibly trying to kill the last werewolf. Idk.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pomegranate wrote:VOTE: a2rudeboy.

I have a lot of neutral reads right now, and iso'ing a2rb I just find very little actual content.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:34 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Post some content then, and THEN call him pot kettle black. Jesus.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Pomegranate »

a2rudeboy wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:VOTE: a2rudeboy.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Maybe. But the point still stands.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Just for the record, if activity remains this low and scum wins, I don't care really...I can't read people who don't post, so I'm not going to even try if the majority of players are lurking.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Ok- So as far as I can read, you're main point against me is that I have been lurking through a game and not posting much. Which is criticizing me for something you do yourself, way to try and detract attention by picking the easiest candidate. Tell me the scum-motivation behind my posts so far, because what you're doing here actually has scum-motivation.

This is the second ISO you've claimed to do on me. The first time you said you felt uneasy about me trying to appeal to everyone (not original argument, merely repeating Sev), and then moved on. You didn't place a vote nor a FoS on me in that post.

Am I your scummiest read in this game?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Pomegranate »

a2rudeboy wrote:Ok- So as far as I can read, you're main point against me is that I have been lurking through a game and not posting much. Which is criticizing me for something you do yourself, way to try and detract attention by picking the easiest candidate. Tell me the scum-motivation behind my posts so far, because what you're doing here actually has scum-motivation.

This is the second ISO you've claimed to do on me. The first time you said you felt uneasy about me trying to appeal to everyone (not original argument, merely repeating Sev), and then moved on. You didn't place a vote nor a FoS on me in that post.

Am I your scummiest read in this game?
True-
I
haven't done a whole lot this game. But that point does not in any way discredit the the fact that
you
haven't either. I wouldn't say that there's a stong scum motivation, but there's the way I see it: scum don't want to scumhunt, as they have no need to. Their only reason to scumhunt is to appear townier. Sometime though, scum get lazy and don't don't feel like 'scumhunting'. So they lurk. Now(, I hate to invoke this argument, because it always bothers me when people use it, but) I know that I'm town, and the fact that I haven't posted much content is because I've been busy and tired and stuff. But there's no reason for me to assumethat the same is the case for you, and that you're not just scum.

You're my strongest scum read right now because most of my reads are fairly neutral right now, and you're not.

Also, you seem to be attacking me for lurking, while simultaneously saying that there is no scum motivation to lurk. Explain how that makes any sense.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by Lowell »

A quick reread of D1 in light of new info. Starting from page 5, post 101. No one has more than two votes, only rudeboy and equi on quadz wagon.
111- lowell calls zed scum
113- zed OMGUSs like whoa
118- spring would "like to see the discussion between these two develop a bit before pronouncing [his position]" [--, very scummy. This is bringing to the forefront a non-argument, trying to make it seem important]
119- rude comes to zed's defense, votes lowell
123- zed says she was 'half-joking' [-, terrible]
132- equi votes quadz
165- singer votes quadz [+]
176- Uite and Lowell lead w/ 2 votes
182- quadz votes zed [zed likely not scumbuddy]
199- uite votes quadz
201- lowell votes zed
202- zed votes quadz
205- pom 'likes' zed wagon, does nothing [-]
206- kunk votes zed
210- zed leads w/ 4 votes, quadz has 3
229- anti votes zed
242- chess replaces zed, votes quad
251- 36 hours left, chess has 5 votes, quadz 3
254- nexus votes quadz
265- quadz supports deadline extension wagon, wants lurkers to come back [could be his partner?]
272- pom votes quadz
273- quadz leads w/ 5 votes, chess has 4
278- lowell votes quad
281- quadz self-hammers
287- quadz WEREWOLF, nexus MASON, and uite STUDENT are dead
288- muffin replaces spring

Some quick thoughts:

The timing of quadz' 265 makes me think he was looking for someone specific to save him. At the time of that post, chess was on the chopping block with only hours to go. Quadz voted for a deadline extension to "give the lurkers a chance." This makes me think his partner is somewhere among that group, and that quadz hammered when he got close to lynch to avoid his partner having to expose himself by taking a stand one way or the other.

vote spring/muffin
. Here's my guess for who quadz was waiting for. spring was a lurker, and the few posts he's had have been very odd. 118 in particular annoys me. There's a clearly (and admittedly) inane argument going on between Lowell and zed, and instead of doing any scumhunting spring decides he wants that discussion to continue "before prounouncing [himself]" (!?!), as if a position on the debate is necessary.

fos pom
. Given, he's a lurker. But besides that, his 205 and 272 look like he literally doesn't care at all who dies, as long as it isn't him. 205 in particular is weird, as he gives verbal support for the zed wagon, but doesn't vote. Post 272 eliminates pom as quadz' partner IMO (he cast the tiebreaking vote at the time), so I'd peg him for the other mafia team.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Nice post.
I had Uite pegged as his partner I'm still reeling from that :(
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also I have 2 psets due on Tuesday, I will contribute my thoughts in some kind of WoT after that
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Sevei »

a2rude...still no content.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:24 am

Post by CSL »

Your mod is back from watching the other game.

Activity check!

singer's V/LA ends today
Muffin's V/LA ends today.

Those two will be prodded tomorrow if they don't post today.

Antihero is receiving his last prod shortly.

kunkstar7 has until 8:51pm EST to post before I replace him with someone.

Everyone else seems fine.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 am

Post by singersigner »

I find Pom more suspicious than a2.

But right now, I don't like how antihero interacted with quadz. He's the one I'm most suspicious of. Case coming once I get out of class. Lowell, I like what you have to say, and it's interesting that you don't see Antihero's name in there anywhere (though that could be your own bias ;) ).
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:22 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Werewolfscum had two options at the end of the day, to either buss quadz or try and get an alternate lynch. Starting with the alternate lynch theory, it would be one of the four players on the chesskid3 wagon, considering that was the only other viable alternative to quadz. The four players are: quadz08(scum), Lowell, kunkstar7 (myself), and Antihero. Looking at the fact that quadz was already on the chesskid wagon, it makes it less likely that both werewolves were on that wagon. But if they were I would bet on Antihero, mostly from PoE since I have a townish gutread on Lowell.
FoS: antihero.
Most likely coincidence but antihero's last post was a mention of Nexus, who hadn't been mentioned before, although I find it unlikely scum would try and kill off lurkers (but I've seen it done).

On the other hand the bussing options are : quadz08 -7- singersigner, Uite, chesskid3, Nexus, Pomegranate, Lowell, quadz08.

Which now is confusing as heck because Lowell and quadz are on both wagons....so that leaves antihero as the sole man on the alternate wagon.
Uite and nexus are out of the picture, they both flipped town. That leaves singer, Lowell, Pom, chesskid. I don't think that both leading wagons were run up on scum (possible but not likely.) So chess is out for now. With the same reason as above I'll leave out Lowell for now and singer, Pom are left.

Scum suspects for Werewolf connections:
singer
antihero
Pom.

Vote: antihero,
I feel stronger about this one.
Welcome to the Network.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Question to EVERYONE (Yes, that might mean you) that suspects me over A2RB: Do you think A2RB would have generated any content at all by now today, had I not attacked him?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pom- Everything you said in your post is exactly the case for me. I was V/LA in this game at the beginning, than came back and had numerous other out of game issues. Check my meta. I was lurking in every game I was currently playing in. Regardless of alignment. I do not argue that active lurking is scummy, or scum-motivated. I asked you to, in the posts I have made, find scum-motivation. Here, I'll even help you a little bit: my earlier wishy-washy commenting, and apparent desire to sound uncontroversial. Sound familiar? These were reasons you presented, or at least echoed, the first time around we had this conversation.

And I'm attacking you based on the fact that everything in your case against me, or everything that you've presented that is, is something you yourself are exactly guilty of. If you were reading this game, would you find yourself scummy?

@ Sev- Stop your tunneling. Posting "he's not posting content" is also not content.

Edit Preview: Wow.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by singersigner »

Pomegranate wrote:Question to EVERYONE (Yes, that might mean you) that suspects me over A2RB: Do you think A2RB would have generated any content at all by now today, had I not attacked him?
My counter-question to you will give you my answer: is that indicative of scum? Or are you trying to divert our attention to him instead of you, for the same thing you've been doing? You might both be scum for all we know, so why shouldn't we pressure you first?

On that note, I do believe I'd like to pressure Antihero first, as he is my primary suspect for a scum-buddy with quadz.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Muffin »

Hi guys, I'm back. Getting caught up on what I missed over the weekend; thoughts/comments coming soon.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Muffin »

Day 1 thoughts: The players that stuck out to me the most were Equinox/ulite, quadz, zed/chesskid, and to a lesser extent kunkstar.

-Not that it's particularly relevant at this point, but glad to see my read of equinox and ulite was on the money.

-Quadz was obvscum. Is there a quadz link with singersinger? Surprisingly astute read from quadz on zed in a couple of his posts. My immediate thought was that this doesn't look like bussing; Quasz is going for the jugular, so are they opposite scum factions or is zed merely town who gets upset far too easily? Time to read zed in iso.

Zed: Firstly, this post and the accompanying explanations are bogus. First she puts down a weak case, and gets immediately called on it. Then all of a sudden it's "oh ha ha guys, I was half joking, disregard that post plox"? Not buying it.

Also really disliking the appeal to emotion in her iso post #20, and playing "to save herself" which IMO is scummy. Townies ought to know that if they die they can still win, and in fact sometimes townies can do more service to the town by dying than they can by selfishly clinging to life. In fact, Zed is not doing a lot of scumhunting, if any at all. She gets real emotional when attacked, and spent almost the entirety of the game defending herself instead of creating a defensible position on someone. AFAICT her entire case on lowell seemed to consist of "lowell ignored my posts and laid down a poorly-reasoned FOS"

Time to pick up with chesskid where Zed left off:

-lol @ him getting bad vibes from nexus who flipped mason

This quote is interesting:
Vote for me if you want, replacing into scummy slots is hard, and I shouldn't get a pass because I replaced. Zed may very well have read as scum to me if I'd even bothered reading what he posted - I don't read my replacements posts for that reason.
I personally feel you should judge a role by all the players who have played it. Why don't you read the posts of players you replace?

-the pbpa on quad is nice, but to me there are just as many scum motivations for this as there are town motivations (assuming zed/chesskid and quadz are on different scum teams) so I'm not giving any town points for it.

-I'd like to see chesskid's promised iso on singer

-It's awesome that Ulite was killed? Care to explain why? Pretty sure it's better for us if they cross-kill each other.

-note to self: reread lowell and a2r in iso

-------------------------------------

As far as my predecessor's play so far... The only plausible explanation for that first post I can think of is maybe deliberately trying to be scummy to get out of the RVS as fast as possible. I do that sometimes. Not answering the equinox questions might fit under that explanation, but not the random fosses. (Also I think fossing is stupid). Beyond that all I can say of spring's 4 posts is that I seriously disagree with his "ok" read on Zed. I find the zed/chesskid slot to be the scummiest in the game atm, so

vote: chesskid3
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Muffin »

kunkstar7 wrote:Werewolfscum had two options at the end of the day, to either buss quadz or try and get an alternate lynch. Starting with the alternate lynch theory, it would be one of the four players on the chesskid3 wagon, considering that was the only other viable alternative to quadz. The four players are: quadz08(scum), Lowell, kunkstar7 (myself), and Antihero.
It might be all the tryptophan but can you explain please why you don't think chesskid3 is a valid target for werewolf scum to lynch?

Return to “Completed Open Games”