Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Nameloc wrote: NO ONE said I was being "try hardy". Go back and look it up. That's something you obviously made up yourself.
In progress.
Nameloc wrote: How is not reading through MAD's posts and commenting on them NOT an ISO? Plus I said I would get to more ISOs later, but I didn't have time to read them all in a single night. I'm not Superman you know!
Reading everyone's ISO should take only slightly longer than reading the full game? As I recall, you said "after reading the game twice"?

This was more what I was getting at ACM. He talked a lot about ISO's, to catch up, to get a handle on everyone in the game, and to get a handle on his predecessor (for later, or for understanding his "image" perhaps),
but at some point he obviously threw that idea out the window,
and instead focused all on one person, based on straight read-through. That's what is oddest to me. I absolutely invite him to explan this for me. It is the main reason I'm voting him.

I didn't want to say that at first, cause I was hoping he would come back and explain why he did that, and telling him it appears he threw it out the window gives him a leg-up on explaining why.

But now I can see that he didn't even try to explain it without prompting.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

You're tired of your one point that doesn't mean I'm scum? Well, not sure why that would be.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Civil Scum wrote:You're tired of your one point that doesn't mean I'm scum? Well, not sure why that would be.
No, I'm tired of you jerking us around.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote:
Civil Scum wrote: Hmm, I brushed it off by saying exactly what I meant when I Fos'ed him...
You suggest that you'd been crystal clear regarding your reasons.
Absolutely not, and a lot of this is probably my fault for having done it like that.

I was crystal clear saying that "what I meant with the FoS" was that "I was going to look at him sometime in the future."

What I meant with the Fos, is not exactly "why" I Fos'ed him.

I believe I said I was dropping the "why" and the endeavor until the Parknourie situation was resolved.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Okay, well, if answering your questions, or trying to convince you I didn't have any motives for this or that I'm not scum, is jerking you around. Then I guess it would be pointless for me to answer any future questions of yours.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Vague #2 or #3 for not explaining myself properly, a vote for trying.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Civil Scum wrote:I guess it would be pointless for me to answer any future questions of yours.
Cool beans.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Civil Scum wrote:Vague #2 or #3 for not explaining myself properly, a vote for trying.
Yeah that's exactly it.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Is that like faked-self-incrimination? You do realize you still don't have anything on me right? There's been a few times that I've been suspicious of the ways you are quoting people.
You don't show that I lied about it, you're still basing your vote off of one thing, and this is the only thing you've single-handed done all game, and it's something I half-expected you to udnerstand. Same with my comment earlier which you understood on different terms than you previously indicated. Perhaps I can explain that one better now?

While a frighteningly weak argument for me being scummy, this is a great move for you if you were scum, makes a possible later vote for you look like OMGUS from me. Pretty Slick.

My mistake Nameloc, someone said it about Doubtful many pages back, and then just Ant recently, about one of the points in your post. That was my thought when I read it anyways. Which is part of why I liked ZeroFangs replacing post better, though he has yet to really finish it?
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Civil Scum wrote:While a frighteningly weak argument for me being scummy
Contradictions, word games, doubling back, a refusal to take clear stances, pedantry, etc. I don't think it's a weak argument and I don't think the other players will disagree. But you can keep building whatever strawmen suit your purposes.
Civil Scum wrote:this is a great move for you if you were scum, makes a possible later vote for you look like OMGUS from me. Pretty Slick.
It's funny that you should mention this. Immediately after voting for you I considered posting "This is the part where you wish you could vote for me without confirming our suspicions of OMGUS" but I thought that that seemed too snarky at the time.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Civil Scum wrote:I've been suspicious of the ways you are quoting people.
You mean like this? :lol:

Take issues with my arguments all you like but I go out of my way to make sure that the people I'm arguing with are represented fairly in my quotes. That being said, I do prune quotes straight to the point from time to time. If you have an example of a misrep, by all means, share it with the rest of the class. If not, dig up something more substantial.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote: Contradictions, word games, doubling back, a refusal to take clear stances, pedantry, etc.
Pedantic, me? Cause I was the one insisting a stricter adherrence to accepted use's of FoS?

Contradictions? Like?

Word games? Sure, but in explaining something, not to avoid explaining something, or changing what I am talkign about. Doubling back because you asked me to.

A refusal to take clear stances? I doubt that ACM, at least not more than many other players.

Note to self: Anytime ACM has a good case, it's on his scum buddy.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Civil Scum wrote:Pedantic, me? Cause I was the one insisting a stricter adherrence to accepted use's of FoS?
A FOS is a "Finger of Suspicion". As in people that you're suspicious of. You've been using it to mean "People that I don't know if I'm suspicious of. Really, there's no difference between me putting a FOS on them and not putting a FOS on them. Why am I even posting?"
Civil Scum wrote:Contradictions? Like?
Like when you suggested having a reason for FOSing Ant and later linked to fluffy, altogether meaningless posts as supposed evidence of those reasons only to change it up and claim that, as we suspected (and you denied), that your FOS might as well have been a meaningless assembly of characters that you randomly bashed into your keyboard with a rock. This can also fall under word games, a refusal to take clear stances, pedantry ("Actually, what I
technically
said was..."), etc.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Until you have something new to bring to the table, that's all I've got to say to you on the matter. We'll have a noose ready for you shortly.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I said that the quoting seemed suspicious to me, or that I didn't like it. Not that you had obviously used it to misrepresent things. you're too good of a scum player to screw that up anyways. Though one instance does stick out to me, the time you quoted me earlier which seemed to lend itself to not understanding my point.

I think you're the one who's pedantry has clouded his judgement. Your pedantry about FoS'ing. Really, that's where this all started.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey guys, I'm the doc.

And by doc, I mean vanilla townie whose player is CPR certified.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Civil Scum wrote:Reading everyone's ISO should take only slightly longer than reading the full game? As I recall, you said "after reading the game twice"?
No but posting the ISO (and comments) up for others does. Right now I'm working on yours and I've only got through half your posts (I took a break to see how many more posts were added). A read through is just what it is, a read through. To do an ISO, I look at all the player's posts and comment on what I can.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

AClockworkMelon wrote:Hey guys, I'm the doc.

Is that your serious roleclaim? I have to ask because half the time I'm not sure if you are serious or not.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 pm

No.

It's an analogy. Civil thinks it's my fault that his misuse of FOSs has caused issues. The terms we use in Mafia have meaning and he's disregarding that only to blame others for the confusion.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

Why would you claim now? On day one? With hardly a vote on you?
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

Scratch that if it wasn't a serious roleclaim >.>
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote: Like when you suggested having a reason for FOSing Ant and later linked to fluffy, altogether meaningless posts as supposed evidence of those reasons only to change it up and claim that, as we suspected (and you denied), that your FOS might as well have been a meaningless assembly of characters that you randomly bashed into your keyboard with a rock.
This can also fall under word games
Oh sorry, is that about what you just said. This is all a word game. Your presenting it different then it happened (or just how it appears to you), by using different words to flavor it.

Pretty sure that constitutes a god-damn word game.
ACM wrote: It's an analogy. Civil thinks it's my fault that his misuse of FOSs has caused issues. The terms we use in Mafia have meaning and he's disregarding that only to blame others for the confusion.
This is fair. I admitted it was my fault that this is even a matter of discussion, or could be distracting. It is NOT my fault that you are basing a vote off of it, and only it, and then claiming this is a good lynch. That's more your fault.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

No one's arguments have been very substantial. For you to claim that anythign I say is a strawman, but your case is not, is pretty ridiculous.

Your case is just as weak as mine or anyone else's. So don't count on that noose.

You just made a straw-man and drew white fangs on it.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Civil Scum wrote:
ACM wrote: It's an analogy. Civil thinks it's my fault that his misuse of FOSs has caused issues. The terms we use in Mafia have meaning and he's disregarding that only to blame others for the confusion.
This is fair.
I'm glad that you see where my frustration is coming from.
Civil Scum wrote:It is NOT my fault that you are basing a vote off of it, and only it, and then claiming this is a good lynch. That's more your fault.
I'm not very confident that you're scum. I don't really think that what you did was that big of a deal. But as you've said, there isn't anyone that's super suspicious this game. You voted for Name for pretty minor reasons, why can't I do the same to you?
Civil Scum wrote:You just made a straw-man and drew white fangs on it.
My argument's Halloween flavored.
ZeroFang wrote:

Why would you claim now? On day one? With hardly a vote on you?
I wish people would read conversations as more than a series of unrelated posts. Nothing anyone says is created in a vacuum. I'm confident that if you'd read the entire conversation completely you'd have understood the context of that post and realized it was an analogy.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Civil Scum wrote:No one's arguments have been very substantial. For you to claim that anythign I say is a strawman, but your case is not, is pretty ridiculous.
I don't think you know what strawman means.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”